PDA

View Full Version : So when it comes down to it..

mfanatic
12-21-2010, 10:53 AM
and really matters, who guards Kobe...?

a 6'2, unathletic Jason Terry?
a 6'4 35 year old Jason Kidd?

CMON MAN, this isn't even trolling, you mavs fans fail to realize that you have no one to put next to Kobe.

At least we've got Manu and Hill.

endrity
12-21-2010, 11:08 AM
Marion, Butler?????

sefant77
12-21-2010, 11:14 AM

CMON MAN, this isn't even trolling, you mavs fans fail to realize that you have no one to put next to Kobe.

Poor guy, not even able to check statistics

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3118/splits?year=2009&type=Fielding

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3118/gamelog;_ylt=As50Vr_rCnMKIrVUywuZZYYdPKB4?year=200 9

21_Blessings
12-21-2010, 11:14 AM
Manu and Hill.

:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

urunobili
12-21-2010, 11:15 AM
Marion, Butler?????

:tu

I think the Mavs will drop the Lakers out in the second round of the PO :wow

mfanatic
12-21-2010, 11:17 AM
Marion, Butler?????

So, Terry guards Artest? That should go well. You can't put a SF on Kobe, cause they your 2 guard, Terry or Kidd, whoever you want to say, will be on Artest and that's a post up all night long.

sefant77
12-21-2010, 11:17 AM
We got one player that can outscore their whole team.

Luke Walton in a gay club?

21_Blessings
12-21-2010, 11:18 AM
Why does Spurs fan still think their team plays/wins with defense? They're the 7 seconds or less Suns right now, nothing more.

sefant77
12-21-2010, 11:19 AM
So, Terry guards Artest? That should go well. You can't put a SF on Kobe, cause they your 2 guard, Terry or Kidd, whoever you want to say, will be on Artest and that's a post up all night long.

Do you even watch the games?

Mavs played allready plenty smallball with Kidd guarding the SF. Hell, several times he took Artest out of the game when he was with the Rockets.

They can also stick Stevenson on him and let Kidd with Fisher

mfanatic
12-21-2010, 11:23 AM
Do you even watch the games?

Mavs played allready plenty smallball with Kidd guarding the SF. Hell, several times he took Artest out of the game when he was with the Rockets.

They can also stick Stevenson on him and let Kidd with Fisher

So, you're saying that the Mavericks are going to win with: Barea Terry Kidd Dirk and Tyson? Please tell me you're kidding, right? Smallball against the Lakers, THATS your plan?

sefant77
12-21-2010, 11:27 AM
God you are an idiot.

They have Stevenson, Marion or Butler that can defend Kobe 1on1, even Kidd is able to do it in a nice way during stretches.

And if they wanny play the Terry-Kidd-Marion for stretches they can put Marion on Kobe, Kidd on Artest and Terry on Fisher/Blake.

Do you see it now?

mfanatic
12-21-2010, 11:31 AM
Btw, how'd you guys do last year in the playoffs? :lmao

And don't even bring up the Suns, YOUR team are the Mavs, don't be bandwagons!

Killakobe81
12-21-2010, 11:43 AM
I think Mavs have some decent options on defending Kobe IF Stevenson continues to shoot at the rate he is shooting now. But if not you sacrifice too much offense to leave him on kobe. Terry has no shot guarding him and if you put Kidd on him for too long you are asking for trouble as well ...but he does a good job, because he gets the most respect from refs of any defender on the Mavs roster.
Besides the Mavs will play zone anyway. So it helps when they play small defenders hide their weakness. Lakers will have to move the ball and hit open 3's to beat the Mavs. Good news is we (my team retards) have 2 excellent passing big men and bynum though not a good passer has improved to where he is not a liability in passing either ..
Mavs are a good team, and a legit contender ... but I thought they were one last year and they got rolled by the spurs so we shall see ...

BTW, Miami should of forced the issue more last night in the paint or from mid-range they took way too many 3's ...if they drive and get tyson in foul trouble they win that game...

Koolaid_Man
12-21-2010, 11:46 AM
The current success of these teams (Boston, Miami, Mavs, Spurs) and all of the current Laker losses are nothing more than consolation prizes for their fanbase for those teams that ultimately won't win the title. Of all these teams the Champs are just quietly moving along with no fanfare...and this exactly how a 3peat is carried out. You always want to lull to sleep just a little and then pounce. I'm surprised most basketball fans don't understand this...this shit happens every year...I guess fans let emotion get in the way of reality...party on it's your consolation prize...Kool won't get in the way of it...

Killakobe81
12-21-2010, 11:48 AM
The current success of these teams (Boston, Miami, Mavs, Spurs) and all of the current Laker losses are nothing more than consolation prizes for their fanbase for those teams that ultimately won't win the title. Of all these teams the Champs are just quietly moving along with no fanfare...and this exactly how a 3peat is carried out. You always want to lull to sleep just a little and then pounce. I'm surprised most basketball fans don't understand this...this shit happens every year...I guess fans let emotion get in the way of reality...party on it's your consolation prize...Kool won't get in the way of it...

You have a point, but don't you see the Celtics as legit? we had our hands full with them LAST year ...this year KG seems stronger and you know if they get to the Finals Shaq will give us ALL of whatever he has left ...that doesn't make you a "little" concerned?

Phillip
12-21-2010, 12:02 PM
between stevenson, butler, marion, and kidd, they have several different types of defensive looks to throw at kobe when in man. but when the mavs go to zone, it won't matter who is guarding kobe directly. it will be interesting to see how they battle against the Mavs zone. most teams have had a real big problem against it, especially since they have a pair of guys who control the middle very well in Chandler and Haywood, and they seem to communicate extremely well on their rotations. Chandler and Kidd commmunicate among the team extremely well to make sure everything is covered in the zone. The Mavs currently are executing a zone as well or better than any team has ever executed one.

BUMP
12-21-2010, 12:03 PM

You do realize Terry doesn't start right?

BUMP
12-21-2010, 12:04 PM
Oh wait this is probably mono just fucking with us

:tu nice troll job

HarlemHeat37
12-21-2010, 12:09 PM
Kobe is shooting 39% from the field against +.500 teams this season, and the wear and tear hasn't even hit him yet..we'll see how he looks later on in the season..

Koolaid_Man
12-21-2010, 12:11 PM
You have a point, but don't you see the Celtics as legit? we had our hands full with them LAST year ...this year KG seems stronger and you know if they get to the Finals Shaq will give us ALL of whatever he has left ...that doesn't make you a "little" concerned?

Killa no it doesn't...Maybe I'm an eternal optimist. But the argument is transparent and common knowledge though not openly acknowledged. In 2008 LA wins with a Bynum and Ariza. In 2010 the series goes 5 games with a healthy Bynum. LA played with Bynum's injury all play-offs and we beat them. They lose Perk for a game and a half and they crying like bitches. Trust me Perk gave them nothing offensively and nothing defensively when Bynum was in the game. Sheed was more damaging to LA titles hope that a Perk could ever be.

As for you argument on Shaq...listen it will be LA v. Boston in the finals...Shaq and Kobe will overshadow KG, Allen, Pierce, Gasol, Bynum, Odom, Artest...this will be the final battle on who was worth more to the NBA and their titles. Kobe or Shaq...and I'm riding with Kobe...he's had to listen to Shaq's rants and insults all these years and don't think for a minute it's not the single most important thing driving him. Kobe will put an end to Shaq next June once and for all time and he's going to do it in dominating fashion.

Boston has the bigs but they fucked up when they got rid of their best wing defender who made Kobe expend too much energy. Now that we have Artest to lock up Pierce..there is absolutely no one on that Boston team that is going to check Kobe...He's going to be running wild on Boston...You think game 5 in Boston he put on a show wait till he playing Shaq for all the marbles this will be the defining moment and crowning achievement of his career. Beating 3 All-Stars like he did last year is something MJ never did. But beating 7 if you throw in Shaq, Rondo, plus Jermane Oneal's previous All-Star ( I think) is something unprecedented. But the way Boston is currently constructed without over aggressive wing defenders fits right into Kobe's game.

KuSpY4Rfrm8

Killakobe81
12-21-2010, 12:14 PM
Kobe is shooting 39% from the field against +.500 teams this season, and the wear and tear hasn't even hit him yet..we'll see how he looks later on in the season..

You and your useles random stats ... the lakers have played how many +.500 teams that makes up that number? I dont care if you bash kobe, you call him a rapist every other day ...but Posts like this (no offense) is why i hate stats.
Because most people post them without context ...or when they do provide context (against .500 teams) do not provide the supporting data (how many games or what teams) to back said stat. That is why I dont care for them because so many people "juke the stats" in sports, education, governement ...you watched the Wire you should KNOW better ...Harlem :lol

and this is not to flame you Harlem, most of your posts have been more than fair lately even on the heat, Gary neal and Kobe ... except when you are trolling. :toast

Venti Quattro
12-21-2010, 12:16 PM
Who's going to guard Bynum, Gasol and Odom? :lol

Killakobe81
12-21-2010, 12:23 PM
Killa no it doesn't...Maybe I'm an eternal optimist. But the argument is transparent and common knowledge though not openly acknowledged. In 2008 LA wins with a Bynum and Ariza. In 2010 the series goes 5 games with a healthy Bynum. LA played with Bynum's injury all play-offs and we beat them. They lose Perk for a game and a half and they crying like bitches. Trust me Perk gave them nothing offensively and nothing defensively when Bynum was in the game. Sheed was more damaging to LA titles hope that a Perk could ever be.

As for you argument on Shaq...listen it will be LA v. Boston in the finals...Shaq and Kobe will overshadow KG, Allen, Pierce, Gasol, Bynum, Odom, Artest...this will be the final battle on who was worth more to the NBA and their titles. Kobe or Shaq...and I'm riding with Kobe...he's had to listen to Shaq's rants and insults all these years and don't think for a minute it's not the single most important thing driving him. Kobe will put an end to Shaq next June once and for all time and he's going to do it in dominating fashion.

Boston has the bigs but they fucked up when they got rid of their best wing defender who made Kobe expend too much energy. Now that we have Artest to lock up Pierce..there is absolutely no one on that Boston team that is going to check Kobe...He's going to be running wild on Boston...You think game 5 in Boston he put on a show wait till he playing Shaq for all the marbles this will be the defining moment and crowning achievement of his career. Beating 3 All-Stars like he did last year is something MJ never did. But beating 7 if you throw in Shaq, Rondo, plus Jermane Oneal's previous All-Star ( I think) is something unprecedented. But the way Boston is currently constructed without over aggressive wing defenders fits right into Kobe's game.

KuSpY4Rfrm8

Well thought out response but I guess i just respect KG and what he brings defensively a bit more than you do ...plus Pau has shown signs of shrinking when beat up (hibbert and noah especially) to be as confident as you are. Also bynum's knee and Ron's shooting woes doesnt inspire much confidence either ...I think ron will figure things out i think XMAS will be a good test.

tht is another place we disagree ..i expect us to lose that day we have only had one really good XMas performance the past 5 years and that was when Bynum shat on teh suns and Rza dunked all over Grant Hill ...
We suck on christmas but I still dont see the heat making the finals so I am not overly worried if we lose to them anyway ...

TimmehC
12-21-2010, 12:27 PM
http://www.slamdunkcentral.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/Rick-300x176.jpg

The answer, as always, is Barea.

Texas_Ranger
12-21-2010, 12:30 PM
Butler, Marion or Stevenson. No one needs to guard Artest.

Killakobe81
12-21-2010, 12:43 PM
Killa, PJ is winning his last season, and Kobe is going to beat Shaq. Trust me on this one. I know it makes Spurfan sick to the stomach to see that we don't even consider them.:lol

Dont get me wrong I have faith in PJ, Kobe and fish to win when it counts ...
I also think we will start playing better soon enough Im just syingthe Celts are the team that I think gives us the most trouble.

1. Rondo's speed ...
2. Pierce's hard-on for the Lakers
3. Ray's ability to catch fire
4. KG's fire and brimstone .. . and studio gansta antics ...
5. Shaq's Finals track record (not counting the Erica Dampier domination)

But The things i think we have that offsets the above ...

1. Rondo's shot. Tough for them to win when he wont take shots late and is choking FT's to boot
2. Artest to throttle Pierce ...
3. Dfish chses him well but they do a great job of setting illegal screens
my guess is Phil will send a message to the media by our first regular season matchup ...
4. We have Kobe and his determination and PJ I think we will met the challenge
5. He still sucks at FT's and if they play him in the clutch we can just pnr 2 game him with Pau and kobe ...

Again i think we win but they are a tough matchup. Both regular season games last year were close and we won the finals in 7 hard fought games ...Why would this year be any different? Even go back to the 2008 finals you take away games 2 (or was it 1) and game 6 those games were close too ..

Koolaid_Man
12-21-2010, 12:54 PM
Well thought out response but I guess i just respect KG and what he brings defensively a bit more than you do ...plus Pau has shown signs of shrinking when beat up (hibbert and noah especially) to be as confident as you are. Also bynum's knee and Ron's shooting woes doesnt inspire much confidence either ...I think ron will figure things out i think XMAS will be a good test.

tht is another place we disagree ..i expect us to lose that day we have only had one really good XMas performance the past 5 years and that was when Bynum shat on teh suns and Rza dunked all over Grant Hill ...
We suck on christmas but I still dont see the heat making the finals so I am not overly worried if we lose to them anyway ...

Listen why do buy into the KG hype....that nigga might be black as ever and ugly as fuck intimidating but he is over fucking rated on Defense...Gasol more than handled his own during the 2010 finals. He manned up against KG when it counted the most. KG is fake energy and hype...KG don't really want none man..He thinks Gasol is scared of him so he huffs and puffs like dragon. Bet he won't step to Bynum or Artest with that shit he'd get his fucking teeth knocked in. Killa you focused on all the wrong things...and focused on them way too early.

Lakers have had really bad luck the last 3 yrs and we still won 2/3 finals. It's our turn to play with a fully healthy Squad from play-offs start to finish.
Also the X-mas day game...that's another area where it's time for a Laker breakthrough...with a revitalized bench for the first time in almost 7 yrs...I think you'll see a nice difference this time around.

As for KG look at this vid closely. KG is a fake hardwood gangsta if I've ever seen one..and don't forget when Anthony Peeler punched him in the face he did absolutely nothing...that's just how he is when he thinks he's going to get his ass kicked:

FASClJTnJ4I HtmGB3FgB1c

Killakobe81
12-21-2010, 01:02 PM
Listen why do buy into the KG hype....that nigga might be black as ever and ugly as fuck intimidating but he is over fucking rated on Defense...Gasol more than handled his own during the 2010 finals. He manned up against KG when it counted the most. KG is fake energy and hype...KG don't really want none man..He thinks Gasol is scared of him so he huffs and puffs like dragon. Bet he won't step to Bynum or Artest with that shit he'd get his fucking teeth knocked in. Killa you focused on all the wrong things...and focused on them way too early.

Lakers have had really bad luck the last 3 yrs and we still won 2/3 finals. It's our turn to play with a fully healthy Squad from play-offs start to finish.
Also the X-mas day game...that's another area where it's time for a Laker breakthrough...with a revitalized bench for the first time in almost 7 yrs...I think you'll see a nice difference this time around.

As for KG look at this vid closely. KG is a fake hardwood gangsta if I've ever seen one..and don't forget when Anthony Peeler punched him in the face he did absolutely nothing...that's just how he is when he thinks he's going to get his ass kicked:

FASClJTnJ4I HtmGB3FgB1c

I said that KG is a fake gansta and pau did a good jobe last finals but there were moments he shrunk ...and KG looks healthier this year. And he has shaq a real true physical presence on his side.

lefty
12-21-2010, 01:02 PM
:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin
I have to agree :depressed

Killakobe81
12-21-2010, 01:03 PM
It will be one of the greatest finals ever. There are so many plot lines in this story.

1. C's still claiming they've never been beat healthy.
2. Shaq trying to catch Kobe
3. Kobe trying to catch MJ at 6
4. PJ going for his 4th 3-peat
5. Kobe going for his 2nd 3-peat
6. Laker catching the C's at 17
7. C's trying to notch 18 and stay ahead of LA
Both teams are evenly matched, this could be the greatest finals ever. The playoff race has already started, and having teams like Miami, the Mavs, and the Spurs all thinking they have a shot should make it that much more exciting.

This. Exactly.

Koolaid_Man
12-21-2010, 01:14 PM
I said that KG is a fake gansta and pau did a good jobe last finals but there were moments he shrunk ...and KG looks healthier this year. And he has shaq a real true physical presence on his side.

Pau will pick it up...he knows what's at stake...Luva mentioned all the sub-plots...I want to add 2 more....Pau moving closer to Timmy in rings...:lol
Kobe tying the State of Texas with 6 rings...:lol

Remember when the play-offs start the players feed off their star...and Kobe is on record as saying:

"I don't talk much during the playoffs I'm irritated, moody, and grumpy. My teammates and my family knows not to bother me." - Kobe

That's all you need to know about how it's bout to go down...When Phil tells his players it's been a pleasure, gives his emotional rant on how he wants to be remembered and then D-Fish motions the playoff team huddle for the clarion call....that will be all she fucking wrote for the 3 peat completion.

Kobe goes into teacher mode...I've posted this before but it needs to be seen again:

Nt__olPU3Z4

bostonguy
12-21-2010, 01:31 PM
It will be one of the greatest finals ever. There are so many plot lines in this story.

1. C's still claiming they've never been beat healthy.
2. Shaq trying to catch Kobe
3. Kobe trying to catch MJ at 6
4. PJ going for his 4th 3-peat
5. Kobe going for his 2nd 3-peat
6. Laker catching the C's at 17
7. C's trying to notch 18 and stay ahead of LA

Both teams are evenly matched, this could be the greatest finals ever. The playoff race has already started, and having teams like Miami, the Mavs, and the Spurs all thinking they have a shot should make it that much more exciting.

A Lakers/Celtics last stand would be awesome. Add in the fact these are the last 2 champions. It is 1-1 and this is the deciding factor for the ultimate bragging rights. I just hope Boston can stay healthy.

ezau
12-21-2010, 11:00 PM
No one needs to guard Mookie anymore. It's Paulina that the Spurs and Mavs should worry about. All Mookie does is shoot 30 shots to get to 30 points.

ezau
12-21-2010, 11:01 PM
Who's going to guard Bynum, Gasol and Odom? :lol

:lol:lol He would be lucky if he's still playing in March.

Greg Oden
12-21-2010, 11:04 PM

:lmao :lmao I thought this was a real thread for discussion until I saw this gem. job well done, imho.

Frenzy
12-21-2010, 11:11 PM
Players still worry about kobe? :lol 39% old worn out and broken kobe? Worry about the bigs...not kobe.

Findog
12-22-2010, 01:01 AM

Kidd will guard Kobe. Actually with a guy like Kobe, you defend him as a team and whoever the individual defender is will have plenty of help - you want to force him to certain spots on the floor where the help is, you want him to go into hero mode. I'd much rather Kobe shoot 9-25 from the floor trying to get his 30 points than being the facilitator and opening everything up for the other four guys.

ElNono
12-22-2010, 01:10 AM
You just need to slow down MVPau, make him fatigued.
Chandler can do that plowing through his lane.

Also, the way Artest is chucking shots right now you almost don't want to guard him at all.

BoricuaCJA
12-22-2010, 01:20 AM
Kidd will guard Kobe. Actually with a guy like Kobe, you defend him as a team and whoever the individual defender is will have plenty of help - you want to force him to certain spots on the floor where the help is, you want him to go into hero mode. I'd much rather Kobe shoot 9-25 from the floor trying to get his 30 points than being the facilitator and opening everything up for the other four guys.
OMG, a Findog siting!