PDA

View Full Version : Manu on Rome 2nd hour

stxspurs
12-21-2010, 12:38 PM
:flag:

Agloco
12-21-2010, 12:42 PM

Nice. Can't wait to hear Rome as he describes how Manu has some of the biggest stones in the business.

Budkin
12-21-2010, 12:45 PM
Rome loves some Manu.

stxspurs
12-21-2010, 12:47 PM
In 15 mins

SenorSpur
12-21-2010, 12:52 PM
In 10 mins

Texas_Ranger
12-21-2010, 12:57 PM
Is this on ESPN or??

8FOR!3
12-21-2010, 12:58 PM
I THINK ESPN 2? On First Take right?

lefty
Let`s hope Pop won't put words in his mouth:

- JR: Manu, how do you explain the Spurs' great start?
- I'm Manu Ginobili

- How instrumental has TP's play been to the Spurs' success?
- I'm Manu Ginobili

- Are you surprised by the contributions of the young guns, especially Gary Neal?
- I'm Manu Ginobili (to be fair, I boosted his confidence when I drew that play vs the Clippers)

- Do you think you would have repeated in 2006 if you didnt foul Dirk in game 7 ?
- I'm Manu G... hey, wait

stxspurs
760 am

SAtown
12-21-2010, 01:00 PM
Sweet thanks for the heads up

8FOR!3
12-21-2010, 01:01 PM
oh fuck.

SAtown
12-21-2010, 01:04 PM
http://www.ticket760.com/mediaplayer/?station=KTKR-AM&action=listenlive&channel_title= on now (does not work outside of the states)

BlairForceDejuan
12-21-2010, 01:06 PM
lol Rome trying to stir the TP v. Manu pot.

lefty
12-21-2010, 01:08 PM
Then I guess one of my fake questions was spot on :lol

BlairForceDejuan
12-21-2010, 01:09 PM
Manu won't be Spurs next head coach :(

SAtown
12-21-2010, 01:10 PM
- I'm Manu Ginobili

lol basically, but his response was more subtle. He responded while laughing: "well, Tony deserves all the respect. He makes plays for 45 minutes and I make them the last 3."

So, basically, he said "I'm Manu Ginobili."

pgardn
12-21-2010, 01:11 PM

Rome basically makes me sick. Clones... give me a break. Guy thinks he is some sort of God. Best moment ever is when Jim Everett knocked him over in his chair on TV. He is also a huge hypocrite. I hate horses, and now he owns horses that race.

But he has got manu on so I will listen again...

pgardn
12-21-2010, 01:12 PM
Not exactly enlightening.

Manu is polite. Wonderful.

lefty
12-21-2010, 01:12 PM
lol basically, but his response was more subtle. He responded while laughing: "well, Tony deserves all the respect. He makes plays for 45 minutes and I make them the last 3."

Haha, nice

jestersmash
12-21-2010, 01:40 PM
How do I listen to a replay?

AlleyOopNazi
12-21-2010, 02:01 PM
Like Jim, he threw soft-ball questions to start off then he moved to questions that haven't been asked before. About the personal and professional relationship between Manu and Tony and how they handle the issues off the court. Manu said they were friends and that he was there for support in personal matters.
He put him on the spot about what he was thinking during the time before his re-signed contract and hypothetically asked if any notions of moving teams was out there especially with all the uncertainty in the Free-Agent pool, and All-Stars moving to Marquee locations and franchises.
Ginobili was extremely humble and shot down the questions of future coaching, wanting to play anywhere other than San Antonio, and when asked about what's different this year with the Spurs, (clearly looking for what is working now on offense) Manu replied that the Spurs' defense was the answer. LOVE IT!

They may not be the best interviews from Gino, but Jim finds good questions to ask on the fly and nearly all of his interviewees divulge deeper than local and national shoot-around/ post-game interviews because of the forum and fan-base.
:tu :tu

tmtcsc
12-21-2010, 02:16 PM
Rome basically makes me sick. Clones... give me a break. Guy thinks he is some sort of God. Best moment ever is when Jim Everett knocked him over in his chair on TV.

:tu

Texas_Ranger
12-21-2010, 02:24 PM
Rome basically makes me sick. Clones... give me a break. Guy thinks he is some sort of God. Best moment ever is when Jim Everett knocked him over in his chair on TV. He is also a huge hypocrite. I hate horses, and now he owns horses that race.

You mean Chris??

AlleyOopNazi
12-21-2010, 02:28 PM
:soapbox:

He is also a huge hypocrite. I hate horses, and now he owns horses that race.

How does him owning horses and you not liking them make him a hypocrite?
The fact that you hate him for owning horses is ridiculous and now you will listen to him makes you a hypocrite.:downspin:

rAm
12-21-2010, 02:40 PM
Like Jim, he threw soft-ball questions to start off then he moved to questions that haven't been asked before. About the personal and professional relationship between Manu and Tony and how they handle the issues off the court. Manu said they were friends and that he was there for support in personal matters.
He put him on the spot about what he was thinking during the time before his re-signed contract and hypothetically asked if any notions of moving teams was out there especially with all the uncertainty in the Free-Agent pool, and All-Stars moving to Marquee locations and franchises.
Ginobili was extremely humble and shot down the questions of future coaching, wanting to play anywhere other than San Antonio, and when asked about what's different this year with the Spurs, (clearly looking for what is working now on offense) Manu replied that the Spurs' defense was the answer. LOVE IT!

They may not be the best interviews from Gino, but Jim finds good questions to ask on the fly and nearly all of his interviewees divulge deeper than local and national shoot-around/ post-game interviews because of the forum and fan-base.
:tu :tu

thanks for the breakdown, Rome is still my favorite talk show personality.

Blake
12-21-2010, 02:44 PM
Rome basically makes me sick.

:lol Rome wins.

SA210
12-21-2010, 03:53 PM

:lmao

Agloco
12-21-2010, 04:07 PM
Let`s hope Pop won't put words in his mouth:

- JR: Manu, how do you explain the Spurs' great start?
- I'm Manu Ginobili

- I'm Manu Ginobili

- Are you surprised by the contributions of the young guns, especially Gary Neal?
- I'm Manu Ginobili (to be fair, I boosted his confidence when I drew that play vs the Clippers)

- Do you think you would have repeated in 2006 if you didnt foul Dirk in game 7 ?
- I'm Manu G... hey, wait

KFU-wXsRhic

CubanSucks
12-21-2010, 07:04 PM
KFU-wXsRhic

good to know someone can say his fucking name right.

"MONO" :bang

"MANO" :bang

Old School 44
12-21-2010, 07:13 PM
KFU-wXsRhic

When Manu's inducted to the Hall of Fame this is the clip I want to see used to introduce him.

SA210
12-21-2010, 07:52 PM
When Manu's inducted to the Hall of Fame this is the clip I want to see used to introduce him.

Kool Bob Love
12-21-2010, 08:15 PM

Yes sir.:flag:

greens
12-21-2010, 08:35 PM
Darn. I missed this radio interview! I always like how Manu answers questions in interviews! Super polite and well spoken.

In order to listen to it in the archive, apparently you have to be a member or something like that:
http://www.jimrome.com/guest/ginobili-manu/12309

Anyone a member here? An audio of the interview would be super appreciated!

By the way, I also found another recap online for this interview, in case anyone else missed it:
http://www.poundingtherock.com/2010/12/21/1889949/transcript-interview-with-a-vampire-manu-ginobili

Credit to Lauri for the transcript:

I just had time to get Manu's words. Figured you wouldn't really care what Romes had to say. Question topics are in parens. (On the "difference" this year): We are feeling confident now and our offense is going great. Defensively we are not quite there yet, but shots are falling and confidence is huge. Things are looking good now. (New strategies): We're trying to push the ball a little more and attack the rim a little earlier. Not wait 20 seconds before we take the shot. I don't know about now [referring to last night's 8 of 29], but we were leading the league in three-point percentage. (Contract extension): I know he [Popovich] was going to be a free agent pretty soon, so we had our conversation and he told me he wanted me and I told him I wanted him. [This said with a laugh.] I think I probably would have stayed anyways [if Pop had left] because San Antonio is my city now. (You make the incredible plays and TP gets Player of the Week--how do you feel about that?): He was the one who made the huge plays for 45 minutes, I just played for three! I know my job is to take the big shots or to make things happen down the stretch, but Tony Parker is unbelievable. (MVP chances): I really can't see myself winning MVP. I'm just very happy with the way things are going now. These conversations are way too early and inappropriate. [At this point Rome said something like, "You know, when players say that sort of thing, humble, too early, in most cases I don't buy it, but in yours I do. I think you mean it."] (Analyzing the West): I think the Lakers deserve all the respect as back to back champions. They are still the team to beat even though they didn't start strong. Dirk is doing amazing things. (TP marriage woes and effect on team): I wasn't worried about the locker room, I was worried about him. I like him as a good friend and I wanted him to do good and be good. We could see him struggling at times but now it's better. When it first started happening we could see he was devastated and that was hard to watch. (Rome asked: Do you take sides?) I'm his friend and I want to help him and support him, so it is personal. (On the possibility of becoming a coach): I like playing, not making the calls. I can see myself helping younger kids and trying to develop players, but not as a full-time thing. I doubt it. (Big name players going to big markets): I guess I'm different. I'm very lucky to be in a place where i want to be and where they love me and my family. This place has been amazing for me since day one. My goal is to finish my career here. At this point the interview ended. After Manu left, Rome went on to say this:Manu is the most polite guest in the history of the Jungle. (Plays compilation of clips of Manu from past appearances saying hi to everyone listening, thanking Jim for being on the show, etc.)

Gotta say that I love that Manu and Tony are such good friends. You can tell that Manu supported him during the recent events.

superbigtime
12-21-2010, 09:03 PM
It was a great interview. Manu answered honestly but was able to be politically correct at the same time with touchy subjects like contract negotiations, Tony, MVP chit-chat, and free agency. I wish it had lasted much longer. Manu makes us all proud.

PublicOption
12-21-2010, 09:09 PM
KFU-wXsRhic

Pop is quick. the idiot asked him if manu could "spur" him....

so pop give him a ridiculous answer.:lmao

ducks
12-21-2010, 09:12 PM
well, Tony deserves all the respect. He makes plays for 45 minutes and I make them the last 3.

but fans only talk about the last three minutes WHY

oski1000
12-22-2010, 01:01 PM
well, Tony deserves all the respect. He makes plays for 45 minutes and I make them the last 3.

If Manu plays well those three minutes, and Parker and the rest of the team does the same, Spurs will be in the playoff and going to have a big chance to win. Is easy to understand,even for Ducks........

:rollin:rollin:rollin

jimo2305
12-22-2010, 01:26 PM
mike taylor re-played it yesterday and i was able to catch it then.. good interview nonetheless

lefty
12-22-2010, 01:29 PM

Really?

Frankie23
12-22-2010, 01:49 PM

So quoting that, you too think that Manu plays decent for 3 minutes..?? It's a good start.

It's not the same to score in the 1st quarter than the 4th quarter. Even though all points count, it's not the same. Btw, Tony is amazing.