PDA

View Full Version : Athletes with illegitimate kids - some surprises

lefty
12-21-2010, 01:06 PM
It's been almost a full year since I last brought out this list of athletes with illegitimate kids. Or as I like to call it, the Athlete Illegitimate Kid Bible. But thanks to Larry Fitzgerald and Michael Turner having squared off this weekend in the Cardinals/Falcons Wild Card game, combined with the fact that I've been able to follow up on a lot of tips (Scott Skiles alert) over the last year, I figured it was time update the list again for everyone's enjoyment.

But first off, let's get to Fitzgerald and Turner. Fitzgerald, as you've probably heard, got into a domestic scuffle last October that only became public knowledge last week because the woman involved in it finally filed a restraining order on Fitzgerald (http://www.tmz.com/2008/12/31/nfl-superstar-accused-of-baby-mama-beatdown/). But also contained in reports was the fact that the woman was the mother of Fitzgerald's 11-month old kid. As you can guess, they aren't married. Welcome to the club, Larry. By the way, I should probably mention here that more than a year ago, Fitzgerald tried to force this woman into getting an abortion (http://withleather.uproxx.com/?p=4225). I guess this recent news would confirm that didn't happen.

As for Turner, he got into a domestic dispute with "the mother of his infant child" (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-falcons-turner&prov=ap&type=lgns) (translation: his baby mama) last week, but luckily, he didn't get tabbed with a restraining order. Nor was he arrested. But he too, joins the athletes with illegitimate kids list.

Now, those are fairly tame bits of philandering, I mean aside from the beating women part. The big prize from research done this last year is Scott Skiles. Skiles reportedly has at least 6 illegitimate kids, and possibly 8. He has a former wife who's been more than happy to spill the details of what a cheating bastard he was, but she's never been able to confirm how many Skiles Juniors there are out there. Multiple people have told me, including a reporter doing research on the subject, that Skiles has a minimum of 6, but because he pays the monthly child support, no ones really sure how many he has.

And that's pretty much the case with all athletes. The only way you tend to figure out how many illegitimate kids they have is if they stop paying child support. And sometimes, that doesn't even get you close to the real number of kids.

By the way, another guy I should note who came up this last year was Karl Malone, who unbelievably got a 13-year-old girl pregnant when he was a sophomore at Lousiana Tech. How'd we learn that? Well, that kid was drafted by the Buffalo Bills in 2008 (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=hill/080507), and pretty much spilled the beans on how Malone had ignored him his whole life. Malone also has another illegitimate daughter who plays in the WNBA.

Anyway, before we get to the complete list, first a story from a reader about prodigal son Shawn Kemp, who started me on this journey to chronicle every illegitimate kid fathered by an athlete. It's a story for the ages.

In college I was an intern for the Portland Trailblazers (mind you, this was during their Jailblazers heyday while Shawn Kemp was there). I did a bunch of stuff for the PR Department and one day I was filing a bunch of stuff in the office and I came across the Player Questionnaires that they have each new player fill out when they are acquired. It gives them some stupid personal info to include in the media guide and for the announcers and what not. Anyway, on Shawn Kemp’s questionnaire under hobbies it said, “girls”. And my personal favorite – under favorite breakfast he listed, “girls”.

Classic.

As always, feel free to let me know if I missed anyone.

ATHLETES WITH ILLEGITIMATE KIDS

THE HEAVYWEIGHTS
Calvin Murphy - 14 illegitimate kids by 9 women. You sir are our current champion.
Travis Henry - 9 kids by 9 women. All of this by 28. Impressive. He is on pace to catch Calvin. The fact that he's broke from paying child support may slow him down though.
Ex-San Antonio Spur Willie Anderson - 9 illegitimate kids. If only his field goal percentage had been as high as his impregnation rate.
Evander Holyfield - 9 illegitimate kids. Has more kids than brain cells left.
Jason Caffey - 8 kids by 7 women.
UPDATE - Shawn Kemp - 7 illegitimate kids by 6 women last time. Supposedly up to 11 kids by 9 women now. Gives his nickname of the Reign Man new meaning. Might also explain why he nearly played with an Italian team late in 2008 (http://blogs.usatoday.com/gameon/2008/09/shawn-kemp-is-w.html).
Derrick Thomas - 7 illegitimate kids by 5 women. He died at 33. Let's just leave it at that.
UNCONFIRMED - Dominique Wilkins - reportedly played so long in the NBA because, according to a Magic front office employee, he was paying money on 20 paternity suits. Any further confirmation would be awesome.

THE MIDDLEWEIGHTS
NEW MEMBER - Scott Skiles - At least 6 kids, possibly more.
Ray Lewis - 6 kids by 4 women.
Marshall Faulk - 6 kids by 3 women. Which is probably why he considered coming out of retirement.
Larry Johnson (basketball) - 5 kids by 4 women. 3 are illegitimate.
Charles Rogers - Uber-NFL Draft bust reportedly has 5 illegitimate kids...and no paycheck. Definitely the makings of a solid family.
Vlad Guerrero - 4 kids by 4 women.
Oscar De La Hoya - 4 kids (courtesy of Fark (http://cgi.fark.com/cgi/fark/users.pl?login=HaywoodJablonski))
Santonio Holmes - 3 illegitimate kids by two women, before leaving college.
Former Celtic Greg Minor - 3 illegitimate kids.
Ricky Williams - 3 illegitimate kids. Maybe that's why he smokes so much weed.
Priest Holmes - 3 illegitimate kids. You best keep running Priest.
Chad Johnson - Has 3 illegitimate kids.
Mike Bibby - apparently had two before leaving 'Zona.

THE LIGHTNING FAST GROUP
Willis McGahee - 3 illegitimate kids in 2 years in Buffalo. Not a lot to do in Buffalo, except make babies. Lots and lots of babies. Not sure what he's done since in Baltimore, but I can take a guess.
Shannon "Horseface" Sharpe - 3 as well. Supposedly had those three all in one year.

THE GUYS YOU WOULDN'T EXPECT GROUP
Dwight Howard
Walter Herrmann
Peja Stojakovic
Wizards Coach Eddie Jordan
NHL player Daniel Alfredsson
NHL player Richard Zednik
Mike Miller
Marvin Harrison
Tracy McGrady
NEW MEMBER - Keith Van Horn

THE FAMOUS OLD GUYS GROUP
Steve Garvey - 2 illegitimate kids by 2 women.
Dr. J - 2 illegitimate kids by 2 women. I actually met one of them.
Larry Bird
Isiah Thomas
Jim Palmer
Darryl Strawberry
Pete Rose
Tug McGraw

THE GETTING A HEAD START GROUP
Gary Sheffield - Had 2 illegitimate kids by age 17. Added a few more later on in life.
NEW MEMBER - Tom Gordon - Former relief pitcher had three illegitimate kids by age 17.

THE THAT'S JUST WRONG GROUP
Elijah Dukes - Impregnated a 17-year-old foster child. Also has 4 more illegitimate kids - making him a middleweight as well.
NEW MEMBER - Karl Malone - Got a 13-year-old girl pregnant. Also possibly the world's worst dad.

THE QB KIDS GROUP
Matt Leinart - already has one, my guess is he's working hard on another.
Tom Brady - the dream baby will one day rule the NFL.

KEEP YOUR EYE ON THIS GUY GROUP
Noel Devine - He's not an official member yet because he's not a pro. He's just a sophomore at West Virginia. But he had 2 illegitimate kids in high school, and possibly more. Keep it going Noel, a good start, but you've got a long way to go.

GUYS WITH AT LEAST ONE ILLEGITIMATE KID
NEW MEMBER - Larry Fitzgerald
NEW MEMBER - Michael Turner
Antawn Jamison
Chipper Jones
DeShawn Stevenson
Cliff Floyd
Mark Messier
Brian Urlacher
Rae Carruth - Yes, he fathered an illegitimate kid before the incident where he had his pregnant girlfriend gunned down.
Juan Gonzalez
Andre Rison
David Justice
Andruw Jones
Alonzo Spellman
Dave Meggett
Gary Payton - From a reader: The best part about Gary Payton is that his illegitimate kid is named "Gary Payton, Jr." so that when his wife (or whatever) had a kid, and he wanted a junior, he couldn't do it without major confusion, so he named his legitimate kid "Gary Payton II."
Stephon Marbury
Jason Kidd
Allen Iverson
Latrell Sprewell
Juwan Howard
Kenny Anderson
Scottie Pippen
Hakeem Olajuwon
Patrick Ewing
Randy Johnson

So in other words, the moral of the story is wrap it up tight. Unless you're a professional athlete. Then just do whatever the hell you want.

http://www.faniq.com/blog/Athletes-With-Illegitimate-Kids-The-Comprehensive-List-Blog-17243

Koolaid_Man
12-21-2010, 01:54 PM
You forgot to add Kool to this list..he's athletic and has a shit load of illegitimate kids:

midget
cry havoc
dpg
bump
Venti Quatrro
Ace
Harlemho
Mav Krew (octomom style)
a few other Spur seedlings that I'm unaware of....

history2b
12-21-2010, 02:00 PM
TMZ generation fans are the best.

nkdlunch
12-21-2010, 02:04 PM
forgot about Kobe and the trailer trash offspring of his

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y154/nkdlunch/kobefishing2.jpg

Koolaid_Man
12-21-2010, 02:07 PM
I know who you are...your moms had an STD when u were born...don't believe just find a subtle way to ask her...

history2b
12-21-2010, 03:03 PM
As ndklunch comes home from school today....

ndk: "Mom, why was I born with these blisters all over my eyes and mouth?"

mom: <gasp>

Daddy_Of_All_Trolls
12-21-2010, 03:50 PM
Missing from the list is Kareem Abdul Jabbar. He continued to have children with his first wife after they divorced, and one while he was married to another woman, Cheryl Pistano.

cheguevara
12-21-2010, 03:53 PM
no Wilt Chamberlain?

this list is shit

lurker
12-21-2010, 04:03 PM
Josh Howard knocked up two women within months of each other. :toast

Daddy_Of_All_Trolls
12-21-2010, 04:10 PM
Josh Howard knocked up two women within months of each other. :toast

Steve Garvey, ex Dodger great, did that as well, one lady was a Turner broadcasting anchor. Killed his squeeky clean image and potential political future.

4>0rings
12-21-2010, 05:26 PM
Scott Skiles - At least 6 kids, possibly more.

:lmao

Kamala
12-21-2010, 05:42 PM
It would be kinda cool to be the bastard son of Kobe Bryant, or Hakeem Olajuwon or some other NBA great. At least they were famous.

How about the bastard son of Cadillac Anderson or some sorry player. Ain't that a bitch?

Kamala
12-21-2010, 05:45 PM
Scott Skiles - At least 6 kids, possibly more.

:lmao

He was always good at penetration. Apparently off the court as well.

nkdlunch
12-21-2010, 06:05 PM
does offspring through bestiality count?

http://www.oddjack.com/wp-content/dirk_nowitzki_fiancee.jpg

Sisk
12-21-2010, 07:07 PM
It would be kinda cool to be the bastard son of Kobe Bryant, or Hakeem Olajuwon or some other NBA great. At least they were famous.

fail

Mugen
12-21-2010, 07:14 PM
i'd rather have 10 illegitament kids then marry Jabba the Kardashian like Lamar did.

ElNono
12-21-2010, 07:47 PM
You forgot to add Kool to this list..he's athletic

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_vDLULSr18ww/RxlbS6MXZ-I/AAAAAAAAABQ/5q7HMxMJfHk/s1600/WW2.JPG

:rolleyes

mavs>spurs
12-21-2010, 08:17 PM
does offspring through bestiality count?

http://www.oddjack.com/wp-content/dirk_nowitzki_fiancee.jpg

has been proven not Dirk's kid imo. bitch just concocted all these shits to smear dirk and to get famous herself.