PDA

View Full Version : how will the heat fare in the playoffs?

u4lakers14
12-21-2010, 02:04 PM
this is not to pick on, or make fun of the heat, but after all the hype (i.e. "the decision", the firework and spotlight introduction press conference, the predicted 8-9 championships),,,,,,,,things have not exactly panned out so far.

4-5 against teams that are just .500 or better could not have been what was expected, by the team, or its fans. (although i think the elite teams had an idea, even if they were not talking)

i remember what the spurs did to lebron when he did make it to the finals. it was absolutely a dominating display of team defense by the spurs. (since ive been watching nba games that might have been the best four games of defense ive ever seen, and proved beyond a doubt what it takes to win rings)

now im not saying that lebron and company cant find the right rotations to improve, but at some point that rotation is going to need to get better play out of their bigs and the pg positions, and i dont see how that will happen given the competition. i mean,,, who is the center on that team?

with the balance of power strongly belonging to the west (boston, miami, chicago and orlando not withstanding) the heat will make the playoffs.

how will they fare once there?

HarlemHeat37
12-21-2010, 02:12 PM
Boston is the only other legit team in the East, unless Chicago finds a competent SG that merits a defender on him + Noah comes back strong..so they will make the ECF, then it comes down to health..

Venti Quattro
12-21-2010, 02:13 PM
ECF date with Boston. Whoever is healthier wins. Basically same as HH's thoughts. Chicago is still raw and Orlando ... lol Orlando

Cry Havoc
12-21-2010, 02:17 PM
ECF date with Boston. Whoever is healthier wins. Basically same as HH's thoughts. Chicago is still raw and Orlando ... lol Orlando

u4lakers14
12-21-2010, 02:19 PM
Boston is the only other legit team in the East, unless Chicago finds a competent SG that merits a defender on him + Noah comes back strong..so they will make the ECF, then it comes down to health..

ya, agree about chicago, especially the noah part (mainly just what he will mean to them vs the heat.

i stuck orlando in there, but thats still a toss-up, depending on how well arenas can find his spot in the next few months.

baseline bum
12-21-2010, 02:42 PM
I think they'd probably beat Chi, but I don't see what the hell they're going to do with Garnett, Perkins, O'Neal, and Davis.

LoneStarState'sPride
12-21-2010, 02:48 PM
Boston over miami in the ecf. 5 games.

#41 Shoot Em Up
12-21-2010, 02:50 PM
Orlando got worse, so Miami is 2nd best in East.
Boston vs. Miami ECF

Ace
12-21-2010, 02:57 PM

bus driver
12-21-2010, 03:49 PM
do any non heat fans believe the heat have what it takes to beat the team that comes out of the West? (whoever; Mavs, Lakes or Spurs?)

I dont think the heat's bench will make the grade in the PO.

u4lakers14
12-21-2010, 04:02 PM
do any non heat fans believe the heat have what it takes to beat the team that comes out of the West? (whoever; Mavs, Lakes or Spurs?)

I dont think the heat's bench will make the grade in the PO.

im not sure i'd throw the lakers in with that bunch right now.

2-3 months from now? we will see.

i think as it stands right now the spurs, and probably the mavs,,,,, would win that series,,,,,,6 games max.

we will have a better idea where the lakers stand in comparison to the heat in a few days.