PDA

View Full Version : Pacquiao/Mosley set for May 7th

oh crap
12-22-2010, 12:27 AM
No link but pac announced it online tonight. should be an easy fight and paycheck for manny.

oh crap
12-22-2010, 02:26 PM
link
http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/news/story?id=5944532
Pound-for-pound king Manny Pacquiao, unable to get even a response from Floyd Mayweather Jr. gauging his interest in a fight, instead will defend his welterweight belt against former champion Shane Mosley on May 7 in a pay-per-view fight at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

"We came to a meeting of the minds," Top Rank promoter Bob Arum told ESPN.com on Tuesday night after a final meeting with Mosley and his adviser, James Prince, at the Top Rank offices in Las Vegas. "[Top Rank matchmaker] Bruce Trample says it's a very difficult fight. I believe it will be an exciting fight. Shane knows how to fight and how to deal with the speed. Manny is in for a hellacious fight. I really believe styles make fights."

Arum said the fight will take place at the welterweight limit of 147 pounds. "I know that they think I'm an old man and that Manny is going to beat me. Let them think that," said Mosley, a former lightweight, welterweight and junior middleweight champion. "I still have power and speed. They thought I was done before I knocked out [Antonio] Margarito, too. So they can think whatever they want. I know what I can do."

The deal is not unexpected. For weeks, Arum has been laying the groundwork for the match, an unpopular one with hard-core fight fans because many consider the 39-year-old Mosley (46-6-1, 39 KOs) to be past his prime after going 0-1-1 in his last two bouts.

He was routed by Mayweather in May and fought to a desultory draw with Sergio Mora in a junior middleweight fight in September.

resistanze
12-22-2010, 02:27 PM
Lame.

IronMaxipad
12-22-2010, 11:37 PM
Gay.

johnsmith
12-23-2010, 09:59 AM
What a worthless fight.

baseline bum
12-23-2010, 10:11 AM
Fuck this shit. I'm not even going to download it, much less buy it.

resistanze
12-23-2010, 10:28 AM
Pac-Man catching that PBF fever. Fighting all these fucking stiffs.

Dinamita
12-30-2010, 01:18 PM
Fucking chink is scared of me.

nkdlunch
12-30-2010, 02:04 PM

what? who else is left? IMO Mosley is the last legend currently fighting Pacman has not beaten. Beat Mosley and you have beaten them all (except that faggot prettyboy but that's because he's a pussy)

nkdlunch
12-30-2010, 02:05 PM
Fucking chink is scared of me.

you're yesterday's bread son

resistanze
12-30-2010, 09:25 PM
what? who else is left? IMO Mosley is the last legend currently fighting Pacman has not beaten. Beat Mosley and you have beaten them all (except that faggot prettyboy but that's because he's a pussy)

JMM was a much more intriguing fight than a 40 year old fighter out of his prime. Arum saying that JMM wouldn't sell was a BS reason.

TheMACHINE
12-31-2010, 06:16 PM
this figth is lame...but i aint blaming pacman..looks like pacman is just gonna fight everyone in the welterweight division.

TheMACHINE
12-31-2010, 06:18 PM

JMM was a much more intriguing fight than a 40 year old fighter out of his prime. Arum saying that JMM wouldn't sell was a BS reason.

How is pacman catching PBF fever is he is fighting everyone...and hello..intriguing or not, pacman already fought JMM twice.

If he did pick JMM...some guys in here would be saying why he aint fighting a black guy like Mosley. lol

when its all said and done..any fight not with Mayweather is gonna be a let down.

resistanze
12-31-2010, 06:33 PM
How is pacman catching PBF fever is he is fighting everyone...and hello..intriguing or not, pacman already fought JMM twice.

If he did pick JMM...some guys in here would be saying why he aint fighting a black guy like Mosley. lol

when its all said and done..any fight not with Mayweather is gonna be a let down.

lol...Is there some law against trilogies? Why make a crappier match in which everyone knows the outcome rather than an entertaining one?

And what about Berto? He's a MUCH better choice than Mosley. He had better options out there, and chose the geezer.

dbreiden83080
12-31-2010, 10:39 PM
Who cares?

He already got blasted by Floyd..

TheMACHINE
01-01-2011, 05:48 PM
lol...Is there some law against trilogies? Why make a crappier match in which everyone knows the outcome rather than an entertaining one?

And what about Berto? He's a MUCH better choice than Mosley. He had better options out there, and chose the geezer.

How many trilogies occured with two wins on the table by one side?

resistanze
01-02-2011, 10:35 AM
How many trilogies occured with two wins on the table by one side?
If by two wins you mean one draw and one split decision win, then I'm not sure. When your camp's excuse to avoid a fighter is "no one knows him, he won't sell!" you're probably dodging. As if people were buying PPV to see Clottey fight. :lol

And what about Berto? Can you honestly say he wasn't a better option than old man Mosley?

Man In Black
01-03-2011, 01:25 AM
Isn't JMM begging for a fight but at 140 lbs? Is it because he tried 147 and fought like shit against Boy Floyd?
Question:Why does Pacman Pound for Pound have to come DOWN in weight?
Answer:He fucking doesn't.

Cant_Be_Faded
01-03-2011, 03:04 AM
Win or lose I hope Mayweather gets kidnapped by 7 foot gangsters and raped up the ass. Fuck him, The Fight should have happened months ago.

Dinamita
01-03-2011, 05:51 PM
Isn't JMM begging for a fight but at 140 lbs? Is it because he tried 147 and fought like shit against Boy Floyd?
Question:Why does Pacman Pound for Pound have to come DOWN in weight?
Answer:He fucking doesn't.

Spoken like a true pactard.

TheMACHINE
01-03-2011, 08:06 PM
Spoken like a true pactard.

spoken like a true fan of a guy that loves kissing the canvas.

TheMACHINE
01-03-2011, 08:07 PM
If by two wins you mean one draw and one split decision win, then I'm not sure. When your camp's excuse to avoid a fighter is "no one knows him, he won't sell!" you're probably dodging. As if people were buying PPV to see Clottey fight. :lol

And what about Berto? Can you honestly say he wasn't a better option than old man Mosley?

lol dodging a guy he knocked down 4 times, got a draw and won the second fight?...yah...pacs scared....*shivering in his boots. LOL

Dinamita
01-03-2011, 08:53 PM
spoken like a true fan of a guy that loves kissing the canvas.

Knocked down but never knocked out.. Something pac cant say. :king

Highly anticipating pacs fight after he kills grandpa mosley, Pac vs Froch for the smw title at 147!

TheMACHINE
01-04-2011, 02:21 AM
Highly anticipating pacs fight after he kills grandpa mosley, Pac vs Froch for the smw title at 147!

whats worst?

Pacman vs Mosley

OR

Marquez vs Morales
http://philboxing.com/news/story-49413.html

:lmao

dbreiden83080
01-04-2011, 10:41 AM
Pacman could not find a better fight than Mosley??

He just got manhandled by Floyd and had a draw with friggin Sergio Mora..

Dinamita
01-04-2011, 02:04 PM
whats worst?

Pacman vs Mosley

OR

Marquez vs Morales
http://philboxing.com/news/story-49413.html

:lmao

Pac and Mosley and it aint even close. :lol

Pac is waiting till JMM turns 40 to give him a fight. Just like he made mosley wait. Now he gets grandpa Mosley who is coming off 2 bad performances yet he deserves the fight? :lmao

TheMACHINE
01-04-2011, 04:07 PM
Pac and Mosley and it aint even close. :lol

Pac is waiting till JMM turns 40 to give him a fight. Just like he made mosley wait. Now he gets grandpa Mosley who is coming off 2 bad performances yet he deserves the fight? :lmao

lol...this guy acts if Pacman never gave JMM a fight.

Let me make it simple. Your boy JMM had two chances and fucked up both of them.

I dont like the Mosely fight either, but JMM had his turn. I personally rather see Berto.

TheMACHINE
01-04-2011, 04:08 PM
Pacman could not find a better fight than Mosley??

He just got manhandled by Floyd and had a draw with friggin Sergio Mora..

Pac just waiting till your boy Floyd grows some balls....and you know it.

dbreiden83080
01-04-2011, 10:34 PM
Pac just waiting till your boy Floyd grows some balls....and you know it.

Floyd is too busy flushing his life down the toilet to fight these days..

Manny fighting Mosley now makes no sense..

TheMACHINE
01-05-2011, 12:49 AM
Floyd is too busy flushing his life down the toilet to fight these days..

Manny fighting Mosley now makes no sense..

it doesnt make sense, but you know what?...Manny just fighting everyone...atleast he didnt fight 'noone' then picked Mosely...manny just fighting everyone in the whole welterweight division...if you sniff the top 5, youll be in his resume.

resistanze
01-05-2011, 09:13 AM
it doesnt make sense, but you know what?...Manny just fighting everyone...atleast he didnt fight 'noone' then picked Mosely...manny just fighting everyone in the whole welterweight division...if you sniff the top 5, youll be in his resume.

When you have three options to fight and you choose obviously the worst option, it doesn't really matter if Manny is 'trying to fight everyone'. Why not fight the people who make a much better fight first? The opportunity was there.

TheMACHINE
01-05-2011, 12:21 PM
When you have three options to fight and you choose obviously the worst option, it doesn't really matter if Manny is 'trying to fight everyone'. Why not fight the people who make a much better fight first? The opportunity was there.

You are correct..he should have been Berto, imo. But im also not going to the point in saying he is "ducking" JMM. Pacquiao has been fighting everyone, and only an idiot would say he is ducking fighters when he has already practically fought everyone in the welterweight divisions...let alone fought JMM TWICE.

Even with berto, boxing experts say berto doesnt deserve this fight. Any fight but a Mayweather fight will take criticism...its just people like you are nit-picking.

Fuck it..maybe Pacquiao should just retire untill Mayweather wants to fight. If there really is noone else to fight, bust a mayweather.

Jose Canseco
01-05-2011, 01:10 PM
I would be all for Pac fighting JMM again while the world waits on Floyd to finally man up. But I agree that Floyd might be done because he seems to be too busy fucking up his life. Shit, he might be going to prison for a while lol. JMM would be a million times better than Mosley. But it's stupid to suggest Pac is dodging JMM when he's already given him two fights. I would definitely like to see a third. The first two were good fights.

TheMACHINE
01-05-2011, 01:31 PM
I would be all for Pac fighting JMM again while the world waits on Floyd to finally man up. But I agree that Floyd might be done because he seems to be too busy fucking up his life. Shit, he might be going to prison for a while lol. JMM would be a million times better than Mosley. But it's stupid to suggest Pac is dodging JMM when he's already given him two fights. I would definitely like to see a third. The first two were good fights.

i agree...i rather see Berto and JMM....i just dont like the whole "ducking" arguement...its weak.

dbreiden83080
01-05-2011, 04:21 PM
This just feels like Manny took this fight for a payday because Mosely is still a name but he is not relevant anymore. Shane was after the Margarito fight but now not at all..

TheMACHINE
01-05-2011, 04:36 PM
This just feels like Arum took this fight for a payday because Mosely is still a name but he is not relevant anymore. Shane was after the Margarito fight but now not at all..

FIFY

Arum is a greedy SOB

dbreiden83080
01-05-2011, 05:50 PM
FIFY

Arum is a greedy SOB

He's like 100

He still cares about money..

TheMACHINE
01-05-2011, 08:30 PM
He's like 100

He still cares about money..

i say we go all out and do manny vs old ass hopkins.

JamStone
01-05-2011, 10:28 PM
Sugar Ray Leonard looks like he's still in pretty good shape...

dbreiden83080
01-06-2011, 12:08 PM
Sugar Ray Leonard looks like he's still in pretty good shape...

It's got to be Tommy Hearns..

HeavyWeight
02-03-2011, 05:03 AM

what?

TheMACHINE
02-06-2011, 01:41 AM

what?

which big name hasnt he fought in the welterweight division?

Dinamita
02-18-2011, 05:34 PM
http://www.nowboxing.com/wp-content/uploads/Pacquiao-Mosley-Bucket-List-300x269.jpg

Hooks
02-19-2011, 05:56 AM
Berto has a glass chin, Khan MIGHT be able to beat Pacquiao, Saul Alvarez has a shit load of potential but at just 20 he's already wanting big names and planning on moving up in weight to JMW, I also heard Alvarez wants to fight JCC Jr., Sergio Martinez would probably beat Pacquiao, Victor Ortiz is great on offensive but his chin/D is bad. JMM would get KTFO, he might've won his last fight with Pacquiao but that Pac is much different than the new one, he's improved soooo much.

Floyd and Khan are the only people I could see beating Pacquiao. I'd bet money that Martinez would beat him, he's just a beast, but I doubt that fight will ever happen.

Pac should win this one by TKO in the middle rounds.

moisaenz
03-19-2011, 10:36 PM
Mosley is a cheater.!!!!!!! He does not have a chance...

oh crap
04-22-2011, 01:40 AM
right around the corner. obviously not the blockbuster fight that pacman/mayweather would be but looking to be one of the biggest of the year.

DAF86
04-22-2011, 05:28 AM

What about Khan? He said he wouldn't fight him 'cause he is his friend :wtf:

oh crap
05-04-2011, 07:09 AM
this weekend