PDA

View Full Version : Lmao Queens

Darthkiller
12-22-2010, 01:15 AM
that was one of the most epic choke / collapse ever . the whole team just flat out quit

TE
12-22-2010, 01:19 AM
The only Laker game for me to witness in its entirety this season, and it was a shellacking. I should watch Laker games more often.

Fpoonsie
12-22-2010, 01:22 AM
Ummm...I think he was referring to ANOTHER California team...

Darthkiller
12-22-2010, 01:29 AM
The only Laker game for me to witness in its entirety this season, and it was a shellacking. I should watch Laker games more often.

lakers didnt choke , they just got outplayed

i was talking about sactown, they just folded like a chair

Roddy Beaubois
12-22-2010, 01:30 AM
lol Kings announcer. "Honestly, if I were not sitting here watching this, I wouldn't believe it."

Fpoonsie
12-22-2010, 01:31 AM
lol Kings announcer. "Honestly, if I were not sitting here watching this, I wouldn't believe it."

:lol Yeah, I just saw that Rad shot, but nothing else. How much did they come back from?

Roddy Beaubois
12-22-2010, 01:33 AM
They were 16 points in the 4th quarter

u4lakers14
12-22-2010, 01:35 AM
well fuck

Darthkiller
12-22-2010, 01:35 AM
lol@ cousins doing the choke sign the the warriors , oh the irony

Budkin
12-22-2010, 02:26 AM
Holy shit, just saw the highlights... Kings were up 4 with 8 seconds left and the Warriors to the line for foul shots, then failed to get the rebound on a miss and got burned at the buzzer to send to OT.

WeNeedLength
12-22-2010, 02:47 AM
I don't think you can call them the Queens anymore because that nickname was reserved for good Sacramento teams. Just sayin'

sribb43
12-22-2010, 05:18 AM
:lmao I guess Kareem suited up for the Bucks tonight and led them to victory, no way a 5ft midget could dismantle LA single handedly....oh wait :lol

Texas_Ranger
12-22-2010, 05:32 AM
Cousins is such a loser. Kings lost like 10 games already cause of his stupid plays.

DieHardSpursFan1537
12-22-2010, 12:16 PM
Kings easily the worst NBA team this year behind Cleveland.

lefty
12-22-2010, 12:35 PM
Total Meltdown – Kings Suffer Worst Loss In History Of Losses, Like, Ever

AUTHOR: Bryan | IN: Game Recaps (http://aroyalpain.com/category/game-recaps/) | COMMENTS: None Yet (http://aroyalpain.com/2010/12/22/total-meltdown-kings-suffer-worst-loss-in-history-of-losses-like-ever/#respond) |

I’ve seen a lot of weird things happen in professional sports. I’ve seen the San Francisco Giants, seven outs away from a World Series, choke away a 5 run lead. I’ve seen the Sacramento Kings crumble at the feet of the Los Angeles Lakers and Robert Horry. I saw the Cleveland Indians come back from 12 runs down versus the Seattle Mariners. And while the reward or historic element wasn’t as significant last night, you can chalk that one up there with the rest. That was something to be seen. Or un-seen, I should say.
If the Kings are good at anything this year, it’s inventing new, crippling ways to lose. Seriously. I can’t recall a team, in any sport, that continually lost in the ways the Kings have this year. It’s simply mind blowing. One of these nights, I’m fully expecting a 25 foot flying dragon to rip off the roof at Arco Arena, let out a puff of purple filled fire, melting the ball in mid-shot and upon his exit, his tail smacking Tyreke Evans’ ankles, ending his season. And the funniest thing? You totally expect that as well.
For those lucky soles who didn’t watch this travesty, well, consider yourself spared. I’m not even sure I can properly recap it without killing something extremely cute, like bunnies or Peja’s chest hair. The complete and utter loss of all fundamentals and execution by the Kings squad was inexcusable. Simply put, that’s what it was.
Carl Landry and Beno Udrih both get passes for the night as both played extremely well. DeMarcus Cousins continued to show improvement on both sides of the ball, despite his shooting woes, drawing multiple offensive fouls and rebounding the ball at a high rate. His poor attempt at mocking the Warriors though with a late “choke” sign though showed the immaturity that so many harp question about him. It was extremely stupid, and it was he (and other Kings) who ended up choking the game away in the most ironic of twists, but things like that (small as they are in all actuality) will only magnify his already poor and incorrect reputation.
Many will end up blaming Paul Westphal for this disaster, and while I don’t agree with the personal on the floor during the final play in regulation, it was clear that the players were at fault for the botched defense. For whatever reason, the Kings (up 3 with two seconds left) inexplicably decided to guard players in the paint. Was it a natural reaction? Possibly. But you have to be aware of the situation as well. You win the game if they get any basket inside the paint…let them have it. You wouldn’t think that would be so difficult – high school squad’s can do it. Why can’t the Kings?
Nevermind.
I don’t want to know.

http://aroyalpain.com/2010/12/22/total-meltdown-kings-suffer-worst-loss-in-history-of-losses-like-ever/

duncan228
12-22-2010, 08:00 PM
Kings bench, fine DeMarcus Cousins for giving “choke” sign during game (http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/12/22/kings-bench-fine-demarcus-cousins-for-giving-%e2%80%9cchoke%e2%80%9d-sign-during-game/)
Kurt Helin

With 19 seconds left and the Kings up five points on the Warriors Tuesday night, Golden State’s Reggie Williams went to the free throw line and missed the first of two pretty badly off the front rim.

DeMarcus Cousins did a little taunting, walking out into the lane and making the choking gesture.

That offended Kings coach Paul Westphal. Well, offended him later after Westphal didn’t need Cousins as he played the entire overtime.

But on Wednesday Westphal announced that Cousins would be “fined and benched” by the team, and he would not return to the starting lineup until he shows he knows how to be more professional, according to Jason Jones of the Sacramento Bee (http://twitter.com/mr_jasonjones/status/17712271304171520#).

Cousin’s response is that he didn’t think he would have been punished if the Kings had won.

First, note to DeMarcus — do not taunt the basketball gods like that. Karma is real. Hence the OT loss.

This was not the most mature act, and Cousins has had a few of those, but Westphal continues to completely mismanage Cousins.

The rookie plays with a lot of emotion and passion — on the worst team in the league he is the one guy who clearly busts it to win on the court every night. He has learned lessons — including the ones about arguing with coaches in practice — and lately has been playing better. He is making better decisions in the offense (fewer jumpers) and figuring out how better to play defense on the NBA level, how to really protect the rim.

But he is emotional. He gets down on himself (watch his body language) and alternates to a crazy confidence.

What the Kings need to do is to teach Cousins how to channel that passion, instead Westphal treats him like a disobedient puppy. This action by Cousins is immature but minor. The overreaction by the organization is more likely to sap his passion for the game and make him not listen to the coaches. And this is a team that needs Cousins.

As Tom Ziller said at Sactown Royalty (http://www.sactownroyalty.com/2010/12/22/1892380/demarcus-cousins-benched-for-choke-taunt) — Cousins action was not 1/1,000th the embarrassment to the Kings that the team’s play has been this season. And that play on both ends of the floor reflects on Westphal.

This fine and benching is all public relations, about team image. Fine Cousins if you must, but the benching is silly because you are hurting the product on the court for perception. But a lot of things about the Kings right now are silly.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/12/22/kings-bench-fine-demarcus-cousins-for-giving-%e2%80%9cchoke%e2%80%9d-sign-during-game/