PDA

View Full Version : The regular season doesn't matter when you lose to the Bucks

midnightpulp
12-22-2010, 05:39 AM
or lose 4 games in a row, but you know if the Lakers beat Miami, San Antonio, Dallas, or Boston, the regular season will suddenly "matter" and they'll brag up the victory in that Laker fan fashion we've all come to know and hate.

Simply put: When the Lakers lose, the season is meaningless.
When the Lakers win, we should all take notice and stand in awe of their dominance.

LkrFan
12-22-2010, 06:25 AM
Obsessed much? :lol

The Lakers do this shit every year. :wakeup

midnightpulp
12-22-2010, 06:40 AM
Last year at this time and playing a tougher schedule, the Lakers were 23-4. And that was with Pau Gasol missing the first 12 games.

So no, "they don't do this every year." They faltered at the end of last year's season, but they pretty much had the West wrapped up and weren't going to catch Cleveland for the number one seed anyway.

Like I told you the other night, the Lakers have issues defending the perimeter. "Tru Warrior" isn't the defender he once was, neither is Kobe, and Derek Fisher can't guard a corpse. Chose to neglect these issues all you want, but they are there.

AussieFanKurt
12-22-2010, 06:54 AM
They'll still win rings with Stern's help

Texas Chili Dog
12-22-2010, 07:29 AM
Bucks are the only team to beat the Mavs in the last 17 games. The Bucks are confusing the hell out of me.

LkrFan
12-22-2010, 07:49 AM
Last year at this time and playing a tougher schedule, the Lakers were 23-4. And that was with Pau Gasol missing the first 12 games.

So no, "they don't do this every year." They faltered at the end of last year's season, but they pretty much had the West wrapped up and weren't going to catch Cleveland for the number one seed anyway.

Like I told you the other night, the Lakers have issues defending the perimeter. "Tru Warrior" isn't the defender he once was, neither is Kobe, and Derek Fisher can't guard a corpse. Chose to neglect these issues all you want, but they are there.
No midnight, you misinterpreted what I meant. Every year, even we had a prime Shaq, we lose to teams we have no reason losing to. Now I'm not going to ignore our perimeter "defense," or claim that Kobe or Artest are the defenders they used to be. I will say this, they only got up for one team this year: Indiana on the road. The Pacers celebrated that they won in LA for the 1st time in 14 years and they "took it to heart" as PJ tells it. Call it coasting, or whatever, but it seems every PJ led Laker team has done this. Sometimes this team light switch shit comes back to bite them in the ass. It used to piss me off, but now I see it is what it is.

I'm not gonna make excuses for them either. No way in hell should they lose to the Bucks at home even with a healthy Jennings or Magette. The Lakers do have some issues, like benching Artest and Fisher more in favor or Barnes and Blake, but I'm mostly hoping that they get back to 100% health. I do expect them to get up for the Hype though.