PDA

View Full Version : Got to hand it to the Mavs - they are Da** good

Rummpd
12-22-2010, 06:46 AM
The Dallas Mavs are simply an impressive team led by the top MVP candidate in the league in Dirk, a fine center and a veteran PG (who has seemingly found the fountain of youth) and a deep bench. Their ball movement is beautiful at times and their defense is improved.

Back to back impressive wins in FL + lots of other wins against top tier teams have to give that squad a lot of confidence going forward.

Props to the other Texas top tier team who right now look as good as anyone in the league, and are now a very credible NBA championship threat.

Texas Chili Dog
12-22-2010, 07:28 AM
Mavs over Hornets in 4
Mavs over Lakers in 3
Mavs over Spurs in 2
Mavs over Celtics in 1

:lobt2: Parade.

Texas_Ranger
12-22-2010, 07:42 AM
53 29
57 25
60 22
52 30
58 24
60 22
67 15
51 31
50 32
55 27

This team was always great in the season. Even if they win every single game from now on I'm pretty sure they'll choke in the Playoffs.

Texas Chili Dog
12-22-2010, 07:46 AM
53 29
57 25
60 22
52 30
58 24
60 22
67 15
51 31
50 32
55 27

I'd like to forget that year. :lol

diego
12-22-2010, 07:57 AM
i only saw them implode vs the grizz early in the season, then against the spurs when they won. My conclusion is that their guard play is still pretty mediocre, but Chandler makes a huge difference for them on both ends of the court. Obviously dirk is their best player, but IMO chandler is the one who makes the difference. I would have much rather they got al jefferson instead

Koolaid_Man
12-22-2010, 08:16 AM
The Dallas Mavs are simply an impressive team led by the top MPV candidate in the league in Dirk, a fine center and a veteran PG (who has seemingly found the fountain of youth) and a deep bench. Their ball movement is beautiful at times and their defense is improved.

Back to back impressive wins in FL + lots of other wins against top tier teams have to give that squad a lot of confidence going forward.

Props to the other Texas top tier team who right now look as good as anyone in the league, and are now a very credible NBA championship threat.

threats and actual assaults are two different things my nigga :rollin Dallas' success as I've maintained all along is nothing more than a consolation prize....Please mark my words...:lol

Xevious
12-22-2010, 08:53 AM
I would love to see The Mavs play the Lakers in the playoffs.

Thompson
12-22-2010, 08:57 AM
This is a cycle we go through every year. The Mavs string together some impressive streaks, and Mavs fans start to believe again. Then the postseason rips their hearts out.

I'm okay with it for the most part because I find the Mavs fans' annual transition from belief and bluster to shock and misery amusing. It is a little puzzling how they can do this to themselves every year though.

Phillip
12-22-2010, 10:52 AM
This is a cycle we go through every year. The Mavs string together some impressive streaks, and Mavs fans start to believe again. Then the postseason rips their hearts out.

I'm okay with it for the most part because I find the Mavs fans' annual transition from belief and bluster to shock and misery amusing. It is a little puzzling how they can do this to themselves every year though.

much different Mavs team this year though. at the same time, this is possibly the most competitive the NBA has ever been.

Rummpd
12-22-2010, 11:00 AM
This is a better Mavs team than at least last year, and will be a very tough out come playoff time. I also believe they are better coached than with Avery Johnson. Time will tell if they can get through the West but right now they are definetely in the mix.

urunobili
12-22-2010, 11:02 AM
Dallas could easily ring this year. Their D is impressive :tu

pawe
12-22-2010, 11:06 AM

Wait til Chandler sits because of injury.

SpursDynasty85
12-22-2010, 12:19 PM
Agree every year is a new year. And with Jason kidd taking HGH and looking younger again, this team is a dangerous one. I say its going to be a dogfight to the end between Mavs/Spurs/Lakers in the west. But I like the spurs chances of getting the 1 seed to avoid both these teams until the west finals.

BUMP
12-22-2010, 12:38 PM
Agree every year is a new year. And with Jason kidd taking HGH and looking younger again, this team is a dangerous one. I say its going to be a dogfight to the end between Mavs/Spurs/Lakers in the west. But I like the spurs chances of getting the 1 seed to avoid both these teams until the west finals.

Basketball Jones
12-22-2010, 01:23 PM
Just not damn good enough to win a championship as they've proved before.

Roddy Beaubois
12-22-2010, 02:24 PM
parade/planned

Zelophehad
12-22-2010, 02:32 PM
Kidd has actually struggled with his shot some this year, but he's made more lately.

Double-Up
12-22-2010, 02:40 PM

No shit. :lol

Drachen
12-22-2010, 02:57 PM
They are also playing in the only division in the NBA in which all of the teams have double digits in the Wins column. The Lakers on the other hand are playing in the weakest division in the L.

sribb43
12-22-2010, 03:29 PM
They are also playing in the only division in the NBA in which all of the teams have double digits in the Wins column. The Lakers on the other hand are playing in the weakest division in the L.

That is pretty irrelevant, this is not baseball where u have to play division opponents more often. SW comes down to Mavs/Spurs. Other teams in the SW are mediocre at best

ohmwrecker
12-22-2010, 03:38 PM
Of course you would. This is spurfan rallying cry this year. Hoping the Mavs can man up and knock off the Champs so you don't have to face us. I think I'm going to make a thread about this and talk about how big a pussy you guys are for wishing this.

Not me. I want the Lakers. I want to see Kobe and Fish cry like little bitches again. I want to see Duncan go out wearing Bynum's nutsac on a rope around his neck. I want to see Phil retire a loser.

Go ahead. Make another thread that you know is a lie. You are sweating the Spurs. You want the Mavs as much as anyone.

BTW, if the Mavs take out the Lakers, you do realize that you will never be able to show your face around here again, right?

Trainwreck2100
12-22-2010, 03:44 PM
Not me. I want the Lakers. I want to see Kobe and Fish cry like little bitches again. I want to see Duncan go out wearing Bynum's nutsac on a rope around his neck. I want to see Phil retire a loser.

Go ahead. Make another thread that you know is a lie. You are sweating the Spurs. You want the Mavs as much as anyone.

BTW, if the Mavs take out the Lakers, you do realize that you will never be able to show your face around here again, right?

spurs only play the kings and clips 3 times while la gets them 4

ohmwrecker
12-22-2010, 03:57 PM
spurs only play the kings and clips 3 times while la gets them 4

Good point? I'm trash talking here, bro.

Sigz
12-22-2010, 04:13 PM
Regular season champs.

Trainwreck2100
12-22-2010, 04:19 PM
Good point? I'm trash talking here, bro.

Meant to quote sribb who said the laker have the same schedule as the sw

ohmwrecker
12-22-2010, 04:23 PM
Meant to quote sribb who said the laker have the same schedule as the sw

:hat

Greg Oden
12-22-2010, 04:30 PM

gray spurfans get a hard on every time they post something like this.

boutons_deux
12-22-2010, 04:39 PM
30 msgs and not a mention of Rick Carlisle?

I'm sure he's the difference. He had great teams @DET and @IND, and he has enough Mavs roster talent now to have another great season.

SpursDynasty
12-22-2010, 05:59 PM
Dallas is the same old story from 2000-2010: Dominant in the regular season.

MavDynasty
12-23-2010, 01:25 AM
Sup timvp

Greg Oden
12-23-2010, 01:46 AM
Dallas is the same old story from 2000-2010: Dominant in the regular season.

uneventful return, tbqh.