PDA

View Full Version : what makes you hate the mavs???

hotsauce0987
12-22-2010, 09:29 AM
my reason is jason terry i hate that F*&^er

:ihit

ohmwrecker
12-22-2010, 09:33 AM
So many reasons . . . Dallas, Cuban, Dirk, Terry . . .

How can you not hate them is what the question should be.

bus driver
12-22-2010, 09:35 AM
they stink

kjhip1
12-22-2010, 09:35 AM
I wouldnt say I hate the Mavs, I just know that when we play them, there's no doubt it'll be a tough game...Terry is funny because of the amount of Sh*t he talks but it doesnt bother me...I actually think they're team is stacked..makes for a better night when you know our Spurs are facing a tough opponent and no blowout is expected..

hotsauce0987
12-22-2010, 09:40 AM
i thought it was funny after they beat us they asked terry if he knew about them ending our winning streak and he said he dident know about it!!!!

spurspokesman
12-22-2010, 09:40 AM
They play us tough every time and the amount of respect they get you'd think they were with 4 rings. Smh

spurspokesman
12-22-2010, 09:41 AM
Oh throw Jason Terry in there. Though I dont hate him he is borderline annoying.

Bender
12-22-2010, 09:44 AM
I don't hate them as much as I used to. I'm don't like Terry, but Dirk doesn't seem too bad.

The only extreme dislike I have now is for LBJ and KG...

weebo
12-22-2010, 09:45 AM
Cuban. Owners should be seen not heard.

Dr. Gonzo
12-22-2010, 09:53 AM
I dislike all Dallas sports franchises.

cheguevara
12-22-2010, 09:54 AM
I don't hate them as much as I used to. I'm don't like Terry, but Dirk doesn't seem too bad.

The only extreme dislike I have now is for LBJ and KG...

+1

I'd rather see the mavs win it all over the Heat, Boston, LA

George Gervin's Afro
12-22-2010, 09:55 AM
jason terry
irk (when he wags is tounge)
fans

sa_butta
12-22-2010, 09:59 AM
Ill start from the top...
Mark Cuban is a jackass, sometimes he says some funny shit, but mostly he is annoying as hell.
Dirk Nowitzki - I mostly hate him because he never misses a fucking shot...David Hasselhoff loving bastard.
Jason Terry - Nut shot on Finley and just overall asshole.
JJ Barea - Troll and pest.
Fans - Bunch of douche bags that cannot even get real NBA gear...Look like a bunch of homeless fucks that just wrote on a shirt with permanant marker to support their team.

phyzik
12-22-2010, 10:01 AM
1) Jason Terry.

He is like a shit talking version of Avery Johnson with a huge ego combined with a napolean complex mixed in with a little bit of Martin Lawrence annoying character act.

2) The Fans.

Let Dallas barely squeak by in 2006 and ever since these fucking douche nozzles have been fapping themselves and eachother nonstop. 2006 we beat the Spurs championship!

3) Mark Cuban.

Good team owner who isnt afraid to spend, extremely annoying basketball fan that gets way too much attention. He is to Dallas what Spike Lee was for the Nicks back when Reggie Miller face fucked the Nicks in the ECF while Spike taunted him in the 4th.... except Cuban's douchebaggery is multiplied by 100 because he owns the team.

In-SPUR-Raider
12-22-2010, 10:03 AM
I hate the Mavs because of their fans, Jason Terry, and Cuban.

ALL of them act like they have something to brag about!

What? A 67-15 regular season record in 07 and a first round exit? :lmao

The Mavs are the skid mark of Texas pro teams!

Dr. Gonzo
12-22-2010, 10:03 AM
So those of you that hate the Mavs because of Dirk or Terry, will you start to like them when they are gone?

phyzik
12-22-2010, 10:05 AM
So those of you that hate the Mavs because of Dirk or Terry, will you start to like them when they are gone?

no.

I just wont hate them.

Crytek
12-22-2010, 10:09 AM
An honest Answer would be: Because they're Rivals.
We'll see if someone feels like that.

KuntryDude
12-22-2010, 10:15 AM
Even people in Dallas hate Mavs/Cowboys! But, primarily b/c of the owners not knowing (wanting to accept) their position(s).

MoSpur
12-22-2010, 10:27 AM
Jason Terry, JJ Carea, Mark Cuban, their annoying fans, Shawn Marion, Brendan Haywood, and at times Dirk.

MoSpur
12-22-2010, 10:28 AM
What makes me hate them the most is that they (the players and Cuban) and the fans act like they've accomplished something.

5in10
12-22-2010, 10:48 AM
I can't stand the way Terry sticks his arms out like a jet everytime he makes a shot. I can't stand dirk sticking his tongue out and putting his hand up after he makes a three. It's unnecessary.

urunobili
12-22-2010, 11:05 AM
1) Terry
2) Cuban
3) Fans

TVI
12-22-2010, 11:17 AM
Sorry, I don't hate the Mavs...I think JET is a jerk, Cuban's a bit of a whiner, and some of their fans have an undeserved sense of entitlement, but Dirk is sheer greatness. If it can't be the Spurs, I'd rather see Dallas win it all over the Heat, Lakers, Celtics, etc.

BadOne
12-22-2010, 11:17 AM
What I can't stand about them [Cuban fits into this] is their arrogance. This sense of entitlement. All that screaming, jet wings spread, tounge sticking out cocky B.S. like saying "They don't want to see us in the playoffs" and crap. It's teams like them I actually hate more than the Lakers.

Kobe and some of his team [and coach at times] can be arrogant as hell, we all know this. However like it or not, they've won championships. So while that attitude is obnoxious and annoying, they've put their money where thier mouth is multiple times.

With the Mavs, that arrogance emits from them all, starting with their douchebag owner, but how many titles???

Yeah, that's right...

:flag:

BadOne
12-22-2010, 11:34 AM
Oh yeah, all that and Jason Terry's alien like massive head. There's a reason he wears that head band. His head looks like a tumor without it.

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm176/BadOne2000/Untitled.png

cd98
12-22-2010, 11:38 AM
Cuban and their fans' sense of entitlement.

gospursgojas
12-22-2010, 11:40 AM
The douchiness of JJ Barrera

and most of all

JASON TERRY

Glenn Holland
12-22-2010, 11:42 AM
http://i.cdn.turner.com/sivault/multimedia/photo_gallery/0808/icons.at.end.of.the.road/images/patrick-ewing%28DanLevineTonyRanzeAFPGI%29.jpg

spurs50_
12-22-2010, 01:02 PM
I can't stand cuban and that turtle face jason terry.

ThePop
12-22-2010, 01:07 PM
Mostly just Cuban. I don't mind Dirk, he's a very good player.

tdunk21
12-22-2010, 01:09 PM
terry and fans........so annoying

Dex
12-22-2010, 01:15 PM
Mark Cuban.

Manu's foul.

Jason "Turtlehead" Terry

Nutpunching Michael Finley

JJ "Munchkin" Barea

MavFan

Honestly, I didn't hate the Mavs too much until 2006. I think that Game 7 stopped a legitimate chance at a title (which the Mavs subsequently flubbed and gave to Shaq) and possible threepeat.

I also hate Dirk simply because he's a Mav, but you gotta respect his game. The guy is automatic seemingly every time he plays against us, like a gottamn robot or something.

tmtcsc
12-22-2010, 01:26 PM
Easily Jason Terry. Total douche.

If it wasn't for him, I wouldn't despise the Mavs. I'm fine with Dirk other than he never misses. Awesome player.

JR3
12-22-2010, 01:28 PM
Jason Terry no doubt. AND dirk running down the court with his tongue out. Nasty.

spursfan1000
12-22-2010, 01:31 PM
Because of

Terry
Cuban
Mavs fans

xmas1997
12-22-2010, 01:36 PM
Team is ok except for Terry
It is Cuban who the problem is.
I'll never forget him bad mouthing the city of San Antonio and the River Walk!

Stringer_Bell
12-22-2010, 01:55 PM
Jason Terry. But also because they always manage to push themselves into another gear when they play the Spurs. It would be nice to take a W on them for granted, but in the end that's what makes it a great rivalry.

No hate for Mavs fans, once a series is over they accept the outcome and go about their business in the next round or offseason. Plus, they've got enough having an owner who cares about his team rather than just having it be a business investment, MVP caliber star player, and good role players without having a damn thing to show for it.

Dex
12-22-2010, 01:58 PM
No hate for Mavs fans, once a series is over they accept the outcome and go about their business in the next round or offseason. Plus, they've got enough having an owner who cares about his team rather than just having it be a business investment, MVP caliber star player, and good role players without having a damn thing to show for it.

The only thing that bugs me about Mav fans (and this doesn't just apply to the nutjobs down in the cellar) is that they feel the need to start running their mouth as soon as they find out you're a Spurs fan. Which is fine with me, because I know what the scoreboard reads at the end of the day....and that they'll still be stuck rooting for the Mavericks.

jjktkk
12-22-2010, 02:01 PM
1. Mark Cuban
2. Jason Terry

Leetonidas
12-22-2010, 02:09 PM
I don't hate the Mavericks at all really. I used to hate some of their players but they're mostly gone. Now I just have an immense disliking for Jason Terry because he's a massive faggot and a nut-punching pussy. And J.J. Barea because...well, look at him, even Mavfan hates his ass. :lmao

Other than those two, they have a likeable team. Dirk is a one of a kind superstar like Tim in that they stick to their franchise and never whine or complain. :tu

Ocotillo
12-22-2010, 02:26 PM
I don't generally "hate" other teams although Jason Terry is a punk. It is the fans of the other teams that breed contempt on my part.

Mav fan, Laker fan, Sun fan are the worst. Kobe for all his foibles is one helluva a player. Dirk is amazing and Nash is a good guy as well but I love to root against them and their fans make the victories all the more sweeter.

gospursgojas
12-22-2010, 02:45 PM
I hate that they don't know how to act when they win or go on a run.

Every 8-0 run is like a championship celebration with them.

GrandeDavid
12-22-2010, 03:08 PM
I'm no fan of Jason Terry. I think that sums it up. I'm grateful to Mark Cuban for criticizing the quality of the San Antonio River water and however indirectly getting the authorities to clean it up...at least I think they did. So to me its pretty much Jason Terry who annoys me.

ohmwrecker
12-22-2010, 03:13 PM
QFT...

And JJ Barea.

Shouldn't you be in school right now?

Tp9gospursgo
12-22-2010, 03:17 PM
Jason Terry. I jsut hate that stupid "jet" thing he does after hitting a 3. also Cuban

Proxy
12-22-2010, 03:26 PM
Terry punching Fin in the balls.

Dirk acting like he gets shot every time someone plays good defense on him, and Harris being the biggest flopper ever besides CP3, and having the audacity to point fingers at Manu

Dirk doing the monkey thing with the tongue after he scores a big shot.

Barrera celebrating a lay up like its the game winning shot.

Not getting respect from the fanbase even though....
we have 4 rings to their zero
TDs 2 MVPs to Dirks 1
the Mavs are the only team ever to lose as a 1 and 2 seed in the 1st round

Cuban being a 14 year old little girl

the Mavs fans always using their 08 playoff victory on us when Manu was hurt

Stackhouse slamming Manu to the ground

Mavs fans complaining that Fin betrayed them even though Cuban kicked him out

That random fag on the Mavs that got a put back over Duncan and mocked him afterwards

Carlisle putting in Najera to perform a cheap foul on Manu

.... pretty much not having any sort of class.

ohmwrecker
12-22-2010, 03:43 PM
The fuck? It's christmas vacation, f-tard.

You can say fuck . . . it's OK. You're a sensitive little guy, huh?

DeadlyDynasty
12-22-2010, 03:45 PM
No reason to hate them...LAL historically owns them and they haven't squared off in the playoffs for 22 years.

ohmwrecker
12-22-2010, 03:46 PM
Only if you insult my girlfriend I'll go ape crazy.

She's fat and dumb.

ohmwrecker
12-22-2010, 04:09 PM
You don't know her, so shut up.

lol 15 year old Opie Cunningham rage.

Ease back, scooter.

spurtech09
12-22-2010, 04:50 PM
I don't hate the mavs....theres no reason to hate anyone.....but some of the mavs players and fans are annoying

JsnSA
12-22-2010, 04:54 PM
Top 3 things I hate about the Mavs:

#1 - Jason Terry. Guy is the king of douchebags.

#2 - Mark Cuban. I know he is a better than average owner and appears to be a bright guy but he also acts like a douche at times.

#3 - The fact that they have been a very good team for the last few years which presents a challenge to the Spurs. I liked them better when they were entertaining but a non threat in the playoffs. Admittedly its a respectful hate here.

Cessation
12-22-2010, 06:00 PM
You don't know her, so shut up.

lol he mad

mavs>spurs
12-22-2010, 06:12 PM
Tyson Chanlder slept with my wife that's why i hate him & whichever team he plays for. he's playing for mavs currently so the mavs are naturally the most hated team for me.

DeadlyDynasty
12-22-2010, 06:16 PM
lol he mad

lol trolled

SpursDynasty85
12-22-2010, 06:19 PM
IMO. Its the bandwagon type persona the mav fans portray, their hatred towards spurs, 06 series, and Mark Cuban.

I always hear them trashing their own team per game basis. If the team is winning, they cheer. If they are losing they scream "MAVS fucking suck this year". Literally their mood towards the team changes possession by possession.

I live in dallas and all I hear is how sucky the spurs are and how dirty they are. This obviously confused me because the Spurs have always been known as a class organization and have players that are the nicest guys in the world, ie Drob and TimmyD.

06 series really emphasized the top two. Mark Cuban screaming at the refs, making big scenes, talking trash about San Antonio and the river walk made me really really angry. His cocky attitude in the media during those playoffs were really disgusting to watch. But, it looks like karma exacted my revenge. But I will never forget what classlessness I saw in 06.

DMC
12-22-2010, 06:20 PM
I don't hate them. I just don't (so far) respect the way they fold in big games. If they beat the Heat in 06, they would have more respect from me, but the fact that they eeked out a win against SA on a last second bullshit call (and move by Manu), and that they were shooting 50 times a night from the FT line (mostly Dirk), and Terry hit Fin in the nuts... add Cuban... they are eternal douche bags.

Leetonidas
12-22-2010, 06:25 PM
She's fat and dumb.

:lmao

I dunno though man, he kinda seems like a troll, especially with that last line. No one is that fucking retarded.

Frenzy
12-22-2010, 06:33 PM
Dirk tongue and leg up every shot.

Terry ARM thing and big headband and head. Stupid socks.

Mark Cuntban....idiot.

ohmwrecker
12-22-2010, 06:37 PM
:lmao

I dunno though man, he kinda seems like a troll, especially with that last line. No one is that fucking retarded.

I guess you were a genius at 15? He might be a troll . . . I don't really give a shit. I don't understand this whole "lol you got trolled" nonsense anyway. If I want to talk to a troll, I should feel free to do that. Just having a laugh.

pookenstein
12-22-2010, 06:47 PM
Jason Terry. Can't stand that fucker.

LoneStarState'sPride
12-22-2010, 06:59 PM
What makes me hate the mavs? Oh where do I fucking start?

--Their douchebag, ignorant fanbase with their shit talking and sense of goddamn entitlement for their team not doing jack shit

--Mark Cuban's preschool antics (actually, I respect the guy as a businessman--he knows what he's doing in that department, no question)

--Jason fucking Terry (do I really need to say more?)

I hate having to share this great state with such an abortion and embarrassment of a franchse :bang

Cessation
12-22-2010, 07:22 PM
lol trolled

cool story bro

UnWantedTheory
12-22-2010, 07:24 PM
I actually dont hate them exactly, I just have no respect for their owner, or fans. There was a time when I hated some players, but that is pretty much over with. I have always been an all Texas team kind of person. I actually use to root for the Mavs after the Spurs. But that was before Cuban...

freemeat
12-22-2010, 07:34 PM
I hate Jason Terry, but mostly when he does this stupid fucking thing. Yes, we get it. You like being called "jet" but it doesn't mean you need to pretend to be a fucking jet.

http://mavsblog.dallasnews.com/jetvshornets.jpg

Cessation
12-22-2010, 07:37 PM
Has there been anyone more annoying, and over a longer period of time than Terry?

bigbendbruisebrother
12-22-2010, 07:37 PM
Cuban.

noles1983
12-22-2010, 07:54 PM
1. Cuban - Whiny little nerdy bitch. Reminds me of nerds in high school who suck at sports so they do the next best thing.. buy a team and pretend to be on the team.

2. Dirk - pussy ass 7 foot fadeway/jump shooter. Grow some balls and play in the paint.

3. Terry - Annoying peanut head looking ghetto thug

TimDunkem
12-22-2010, 08:00 PM
1. Cuban - Whiny little nerdy bitch. Reminds me of nerds in high school who suck at sports so they do the next best thing.. buy a team and pretend to be on the team.

2. Dirk - pussy ass 7 foot fadeway/jump shooter. Grow some balls and play in the paint.

3. Terry - Annoying peanut head looking ghetto thug
Yeah, I used to hate those guys.

KillerLeft
12-23-2010, 12:01 PM
As a Mavs fan, it's been really interesting for me to read this thread. Lots of laughs. I had no idea Jason Terry was this universally hated, but after reading some of your comments I can see why. Forgot about the whole "punching Finley in the junk" incident, lol. I guess he comes off a little cocky, too.

As far as Mavs fans are concerned, I think you guys are letting a few give the rest of us a bad reputation...I mean, I definitely have tons of respect for the Spurs franchise and all that team has accomplished. Great team. I think much of the smugness you guys are talking about comes from the cities, not the teams. Dallas is just a really, really great place to live, that's all.

DeadlyDynasty
12-23-2010, 12:02 PM
I don't get the Cuban hate. He's great for the league, tbh.

xellos88330
12-23-2010, 12:06 PM
Cuban, Terry, Fans.

jack0fspeed
12-23-2010, 12:22 PM
I hate the Mavs because no matter how good they are, they lose in the playoffs in humiliating ways.

But there is a fine line between love and hate.

Spursfanfromafar
12-23-2010, 12:26 PM
Well, I like a lot about the Mavericks in the way they play and some of their team. Dirk Nowitzki is a unique unique baller. Brilliant shooter and offensive player who is outrageously good for his 7 foot frame. Jason Kidd has X ray vision on the court and never ceases to amaze with his floor running abilities. And I have great hopes of the Roddy B kid - he seems to be a smooth offensive player.

But thats about it. I hate Jason Terry - one dimensional player. And Mark Cuban takes his super-fan owner shtick too far.

Plus this is a team that does not believe in any philosophy or values; they keep retuning their team just because they have Cuban's wallet to help do that. I mean, even the Lakers for all you might want to say bad about them have the Triangle Offense and a certain way and uniqueness to how they play and can be identified. Or Boston with their in your face defense and never say die team spirit. And my beloved Spurs have this terrific value system in place that pervades their style of play, their organisational cohesiveness and that has fuelled their win - understatedness and constant improvement through sheer hard work [insert Stone cutter credo allegory].

The Mavs, meh. All they have is Dirk's abilities and Cuban's cash. They can't buy a championship that way, no sir. And thats why I have never been sympathetic of this team.

Phillip
12-23-2010, 01:35 PM
its funny how yall think Terry talks so much shit. where does he talk a bunch of shit?

ALVAREZ6
12-23-2010, 01:39 PM

Cane
12-23-2010, 01:42 PM
I only hate the Mavs when we play against them. Other than that I more than respect guys like Cuban and Dirk and their efforts in revamping what used to be a shell of a franchise. Especially Dirk for sticking with Texas and going the Duncan/Robinson route instead of jumping around like Shaq or KG. Although Dirk probably would've gotten a ton more attention in a huge market like NYC's...they're already trying to put Amar'e as an MVP candidate and with Dirk's season he'd be the clear favorite over there.

Basically no other division can say they've had two competitive teams on the level of the Spurs/Mavs for the past 10+ years or so FWIW.

wunderkindepiphany
12-23-2010, 02:13 PM
1) Jason Terry.

He is like a shit talking version of Avery Johnson with a huge ego combined with a napolean complex mixed in with a little bit of Martin Lawrence annoying character act.

2) The Fans.

Let Dallas barely squeak by in 2006 and ever since these fucking douche nozzles have been fapping themselves and eachother nonstop. 2006 we beat the Spurs championship!

3) Mark Cuban.

Good team owner who isnt afraid to spend, extremely annoying basketball fan that gets way too much attention. He is to Dallas what Spike Lee was for the Nicks back when Reggie Miller face fucked the Nicks in the ECF while Spike taunted him in the 4th.... except Cuban's douchebaggery is multiplied by 100 because he owns the team.

haha this.

Ditty
12-23-2010, 02:27 PM
how can you hate a franchise that hasn't won shit and is a piece of crap dump ass city?

Mav-elous Man
12-24-2010, 03:23 AM
I will tell you why you guys hate the Mavs. As long as the Mavs were good but not a threat to the Spurs you guys had no problems with them. The second you realized that they were one of the few teams who were not afraid of you and then they beat you in the playoffs (on a legitimate foul by Manu, it WAS a foul stop whining) then the Mavs became a huge problem. Its funny cuz Mavs fans feel the same way about Spurs fans when it comes to a sense of entitlement. You want people to bow down and kiss your ass and the Mavs won't and you hate that. You have 4 titles and no one else around the country cares except Spurs fans. The ratings from those games proves it. No one is afraid of you. You guys have a wonderful franchise, a great coach and ownership, but your fanbase sucks. You are the whiniest fans in the league (reflection of your players). You dog out a HOF coach who has coached your team to 4 titles and many of you think you know more than him about his team. You lose one game and you guys flip out. You get one foul called on you and you bitch just like Tim does. Get a grip on reality. This is the perception of you guys from an outsider and trust me when I say there are alot of people who feel that way. You guys have your flaws as well. I used to pull for the Spurs simply because they represent a city in the great state of Texas. But the more I interacted with the fans the less I like the team. Its the exact same reason why I don't like the Texans or the Rockets. Nothing really against the team itself. Just the fans.

Mav-elous Man
12-24-2010, 11:07 AM
I don't really care too much for baseball but I do like to see them do well. I only watched them during the playoffs. I didnt watch one regular season game. When they lost the World Series I wasn't broken up over it.

DieHardSpursFan1537
12-24-2010, 12:45 PM
Cuban and Terry