PDA

View Full Version : why are people against the 281/1604 interchange?

Glenn Holland
12-22-2010, 11:07 AM
this is like a god damned joke
http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/traffic/article/Interchange-faces-roadblock-913948.php
sometimes these assholes in san antonio are just so backwards and small minded. we cant even build a fucking highway interchange, no wonder no more pro sports teams want to be in san antonio.

Blake
12-22-2010, 11:14 AM
no wonder no more pro sports teams want to be in san antonio.

yes, SA's policies regarding road systems is what is keeping pro teams from moving to SA.

unregistered user
12-22-2010, 11:14 AM
I don't get it. If any area of town needs help, it's definitely that one.

RickPerry
12-22-2010, 11:15 AM
Toll roads is the way to go.

Glenn Holland
12-22-2010, 11:17 AM
yes, SA's policies regarding road systems is what is keeping pro teams from moving to SA.
listen here you faggot, it is small minded, closed minded thinking that causes the citys roads to be clogged up and it is that same thinking that pushes the pro sports out of this city.

johnsmith
12-22-2010, 11:43 AM
The problem would be addressed if TXdot did their fucking job. They continue to produce piss poor cookie cutter Environmental Impact Studies on all work and then these ass clowns (defenders of the aquafer) can just come in and blow it up.

If TXdot did their job right and weren't the most worthless organization in Texas, the "defenders" wouldn't have a leg to stand on.

Also, I find it amusing that this is now a $130 million job when 6 years ago when it should have been build it was a $85 million job.

Thanks "defenders" you just cost the taxpayers a minimum of $45 million in San Antonio you stupid fucks.

CosmicCowboy
12-22-2010, 12:03 PM
Blame it on the Feds...this shit goes back 30+ years to when McAllister Freeway (281 from 410 to 35) was built. The easement was already purchased and dirt work started. The assholes in Olmos Park didn't want a freeway in their backyard so they sued in Federal court for "environmental" reasons using the Sierra Club. It was tied up in court for years. Construction stopped. It was just piles of weed covered dirt.

Finally San Antonio and the State basically said "fuck you" to the Feds and decided to finish it without Federal funds. The Feds, to get even, said "fuck you" you can't tie it into 410 or 1604 because federal funds were used to help build those. The lawsuit was eventually thrown out of court but the damage was done. The freeway got built without the interchanges that were on the original plans.

johnsmith
12-22-2010, 12:06 PM
Blame it on the Feds...this shit goes back 30+ years to when McAllister Freeway (281 from 410 to 35) was built. The easement was already purchased and dirt work started. The assholes in Olmos Park didn't want a freeway in their backyard so they sued in Federal court for "environmental" reasons using the Sierra Club. It was tied up in court for years. Construction stopped. It was just piles of weed covered dirt.

Finally San Antonio and the State basically said "fuck you" to the Feds and decided to finish it without Federal funds. The Feds, to get even, said "fuck you" you can't tie it into 410 or 1604 because federal funds were used to help build those. The lawsuit was eventually thrown out of court but the damage was done. The freeway got built without the interchanges that were on the original plans.

That doesn't change the fact that it's the environmental group "defending" the aquafer that is handcuffing this thing at this point. They got the toll project shut down as well a few years ago for the same bullshit.

TXdot and the "defenders" are equally to blame for this.

For revenge, I'm gonna head over to a buddies house in Stone Oak and pour a gallon of paint on his lawn....."defenders" of the aquafer can't do shit about that.

Blake
12-22-2010, 12:16 PM
listen here you faggot, it is small minded, closed minded thinking that causes the citys roads to be clogged up and it is that same thinking that pushes the pro sports out of this city.

how is this environmental group being close minded?

what environmental group has been the difference in pushing pro sports out of this city?

it's small minded thinking to equate the two, imo. It's also small minded to call someone a faggot because you got called out for your small minded post, imo.

bus driver
12-22-2010, 12:58 PM
to protect the beetles.....
someone needs to think about the beetles!

fraga
12-22-2010, 02:02 PM
Damn podunk town...

SpursNextRomanEmpire
12-22-2010, 04:29 PM
That whole area is exploding with construction and they're trying to stop an interchange?

Trainwreck2100
12-22-2010, 04:34 PM
I don't live near there so I don't care have fun in traffic jerks

Dark Gable
12-22-2010, 04:54 PM
That whole area is a cluster f***.

Buddy Holly
12-22-2010, 05:48 PM
this is like a god damned joke
http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/traffic/article/Interchange-faces-roadblock-913948.php
sometimes these assholes in san antonio are just so backwards and small minded. we cant even build a fucking highway interchange, no wonder no more pro sports teams want to be in san antonio.

Yes, a very small group of environmentalists is what's stopping pro sports teams.

Your backward and small minded thinking in that post is the true felon in all of this.

Jesus christ you get dumber and dumber every post. You're starting to give that creepy kid a run for his money as best troll on this forum.

Jesus
12-22-2010, 07:04 PM
Yes, a very small group of environmentalists is what's stopping pro sports teams.

Your backward and small minded thinking in that post is the true felon in all of this.

Jesus christ you get dumber and dumber every post. You're starting to give that creepy kid a run for his money as best troll on this forum.

I'm smarter then you'll ever grow up to be and leave me out of this!!

Das Texan
12-22-2010, 07:07 PM
I can attest to TXDOT being without any question a useless, waste of money government agency.

I wont hold my breath waiting for a TXDOT project to come in on time and under budge thats for damn sure

Drachen
12-22-2010, 08:38 PM
how is this environmental group being close minded?

what environmental group has been the difference in pushing pro sports out of this city?

it's small minded thinking to equate the two, imo. It's also small minded to call someone a faggot because you got called out for your small minded post, imo.

while I agree with their efforts, I will answer this question with a question.... Do you remember the PGA?

Blake
12-22-2010, 08:53 PM
while I agree with their efforts, I will answer this question with a question.... Do you remember the PGA?

the op said sports 'teams', I was thinking teams as well, but yeah I remember all the environmental whining about the PGA course.

From what Ive heard, although the fairways are very narrow, the AT&T Oaks Course turned out pretty nice. Greg Norman did a good job.

Buddy Holly
12-23-2010, 12:14 AM

Yeah, it's the TPC San Antonio.

http://golfweek.media.clients.ellingtoncms.com/img/croppedphotos/2009/11/30/san-antonio-att-golf-raters-notebook-greg-norman_t640.jpg

BlackSwordsMan
12-23-2010, 01:55 AM
Fuck a new highway lets get subways

ploto
12-23-2010, 09:05 AM
I continue to be amazed at the throngs of people moving to that area when there is not a decent interchange for 281 with 1604, and 281 is not even a highway there.

johnsmith
12-23-2010, 09:57 AM
Yeah, it's the TPC San Antonio.

http://golfweek.media.clients.ellingtoncms.com/img/croppedphotos/2009/11/30/san-antonio-att-golf-raters-notebook-greg-norman_t640.jpg

Course is awesome.

Also, I find it funny that in SA if they don't like your idea, just change the name of it and everyone will forget.

CosmicCowboy
12-23-2010, 10:48 AM
Course is awesome.

Also, I find it funny that in SA if they don't like your idea, just change the name of it and everyone will forget.

Or, like flouride, just wear their ass out putting it on the ballot. They might vote NO 10 times but eventually it will pass on a low turnout special spring election, then make sure it never gets puts back on the ballot again to revoke it.

Das Texan
12-23-2010, 11:16 AM
I continue to be amazed at the throngs of people moving to that area when there is not a decent interchange for 281 with 1604, and 281 is not even a highway there.

Well 281 IS a highway even up there....

Just not an Interstate.

CosmicCowboy
12-23-2010, 12:03 PM
You guys that buy houses out there are nuts. I avoid that area like the plague...There are several nice homes available in my neighborhood in the $200,000 range and we are like 5 minutes from the airport, 10 minutes to downtown, 8 minutes to The Rim, Fiesta Texas, etc. 5 minutes to med center, etc. It takes 30 fucking minutes just to go through 4 lights on 281.

ploto
12-23-2010, 12:12 PM
Well 281 IS a highway even up there....

Just not an Interstate.

In my view, a highway does not require you to go through tons of traffic lights. It is a highway before you get to 1604 but not after.

CubanMustGo
12-23-2010, 12:35 PM
Highway != freeway.

jimo2305
12-23-2010, 04:37 PM
lol i guess that's what gives sa town the smalltown feeling