PDA

View Full Version : Tired Legs 2morrow @ Magic.

Rather.Unique
12-22-2010, 11:14 PM
i'm looking at the box score for the Nuggets/Spurs game since i missed the game and i can't believe Tony & Manu played 35 mins each. Tim's minutes are okay @ 27 mins but i'm a little worried since we have to travel to ORL and be on the court again in less than 24 hours.

TampaDude
12-22-2010, 11:15 PM
The Magic have been struggling lately. If we can hit the 3s, we win easily.

Crookshanks
12-22-2010, 11:15 PM
Tony played 35 minutes? That's hard to believe since he really didn't do much tonight. He shouldn't be tired because he sure didn't play very hard.

Crookshanks
12-22-2010, 11:16 PM

And our young bench guys will still be pumped from this game tonight - hopefully that translates into playing with energy and agressiveness.

Capt Bringdown
12-22-2010, 11:18 PM
It will be a good test for us, should be fun.

Mugen
12-22-2010, 11:19 PM
Antonio didn't play much at all tonight. He'll be rested.

Tiago and Blair didn't play that much tonight in reality. When Bass is in the game, that's the time (and the only time) Pop should use Blair.

George might play.

george isnt traveling to ORL

Rather.Unique
12-22-2010, 11:22 PM
Not traveling? What's the matter? Usually injured players at least travel with the team on short road trips.

lol, short road trip to me is a game at DAL, OKC, NOH etc etc.

Budkin
It's going to be a tough game... the Magic were struggling with their new pieces but they really started to turn it on at the end of the Mavs game, just not in time. With a couple days of practice behind them and hungry for a win, they could surprise us.

TD 21

Wrong. They've lost 8 of 9 and are going to be playing with a chip on their shoulder. You can talk about them being a team in transition or flux, but they have too much talent to lose that much. Any team that's lost 8 of 9 is due to win, especially one that's still one of the better teams in the league.

The Spurs are going to have tired legs, which makes a good three-point shooting game unlikely. It's going to be a grind, like last Thursday against the Nuggets. Parker is going to need to take control of the offense early because Ginobili could very well struggle coming off back to back 36 minute games and Duncan is going to have his hands full wrestling Howard.

This is where the lack of another reliable wing hurts this team. Ginobili is forced to play too many minutes, because they can't count on Udoka to provide even 4-6 just-don't-kill-us minutes per game while Hill and Anderson are out. They need to find someone who's at least in the neighborhood of decent to take that spot.

mingus
12-22-2010, 11:23 PM
@ LA, @ Boston, @ Dallas, and potentially @ Miami are the only test games all season.

Pauleta14
12-22-2010, 11:26 PM
Tony played 35 minutes? That's hard to believe since he really didn't do much tonight. He shouldn't be tired because he sure didn't play very hard.

He played the whole 3rd...

I'm worried about our backcourt right now, with Hill and Anderson out, Tony and Manu have had too much load.

Thanks god we have Neal... :wow

TampaDude
12-22-2010, 11:27 PM
Wrong. They've lost 8 of 9 and are going to be playing with a chip on their shoulder. You can talk about them being a team in transition or flux, but they have too much talent to lose that much. Any team that's lost 8 of 9 is due to win, especially one that's still one of the better teams in the league.

The Spurs are going to have tired legs, which makes a good three-point shooting game unlikely. It's going to be a grind, like last Thursday against the Nuggets. Parker is going to need to take control of the offense early because Ginobili could very well struggle coming off back to back 36 minute games and Duncan is going to have his hands full wrestling Howard.

This is where the lack of another reliable wing hurts this team. Ginobili is forced to play too many minutes, because they can't count on Udoka to provide even 4-6 just-don't-kill-us minutes per game while Hill and Anderson are out. They need to find someone who's at least in the neighborhood of decent to take that spot.

We'll see...but it's clear that the perimeter game, not the inside game, will be the deciding factor tomorrow night.

Expect a SHITLOAD of 3-point attempts.

Kool Bob Love
12-22-2010, 11:28 PM
i'm looking at the box score for the Nuggets/Spurs game since i missed the game and i can't believe Tony & Manu played 35 mins each. Tim's minutes are okay @ 27 mins but i'm a little worried since we have to travel to ORL and be on the court again in less than 24 hours.

How much do these guys get payed again?

spurs1990
12-22-2010, 11:30 PM
I expect a loss tomorrow. I can deal with it since we got a sweet comeback tonight.

jag
12-22-2010, 11:30 PM

easily, huh? Just like that?

SpursDynasty85
12-22-2010, 11:31 PM
This ain't there first RODEO! They can DO IT!

TampaDude
12-22-2010, 11:32 PM
easily, huh? Just like that?

Yup...just...like...that. :hat

ohmwrecker
12-22-2010, 11:33 PM
I don't want to hear this shit. I don't care how many minutes Tony played tonight. He played like absolute garbage. He needs to redeem himself tomorrow.
Tim decided to wear his cement sneakers tonight. He barely broke a sweat. Just terrible.

No excuses.

jag
12-22-2010, 11:33 PM
Didn't know it was that easy.

TampaDude
12-22-2010, 11:36 PM
Didn't know it was that easy.

It will be if we can hit from the perimeter. If not, we'll get blown out.

jag
12-22-2010, 11:39 PM
It will be if we can hit from the perimeter. If not, we'll get blown out.

What percentage do the Spurs have to shoot from 3 for it to be an easy win?

timtonymanu
12-22-2010, 11:41 PM
Magic are due for a win with their new team.

Besides J-Rich is in the Magic now. He loves to torch our team so I expect him to have a good game. Nelson is always trouble too.

Spurs have a chance though as always.

TDMVPDPOY
12-22-2010, 11:44 PM
u guys should know quin is serviceable backup atm

Muser
I wonder if Tiago will play as much as he did tonight. Be a good test against Howard.

Hooks
Magic are due for a win with their new team.

Besides J-Rich is in the Magic now. He loves to torch our team so I expect him to have a good game. Nelson is always trouble too.

Spurs have a chance though as always.

Don't worry, they have Turkoglu on their team now :D

ohmwrecker
12-22-2010, 11:46 PM
I wonder if Tiago will play as much as he did tonight. Be a good test against Howard.

McDyess tomorrow. The new game plan is for Splitter to get major minutes on one of two on back to backs.

DieHardSpursFan1537
12-22-2010, 11:51 PM
Magic have been looking like shit. Can't win a game right now. Should be a good one for Spurs!

roycrikside
12-23-2010, 01:11 AM
It's gonna be a tough one and I won't sweat it if they lose. I'd much rather win the games against LA and Dal. If they win this, it's icing on the cake as far as I'm concerned.

Sean Cagney
12-23-2010, 01:26 AM
Jason Richardson isn't BETTER than Gary Neal.

I am a fan but please stop it there... Come on bro.

Yorae
12-23-2010, 01:29 AM
Well at least mcdyess is well rested.

99-03-05-07
12-23-2010, 01:43 AM
these are the second game of the back to backs we have played this year: 117-104 victory over oklahoma city while shooting 11-20 from behind the arc (this is the game bonner went 7-7 tho). 116-92 win against cleveland, 12-25 behind the arc. 85-90 loss against the clippers, 9-30 behind the arc (bonner 0-6, ginobili 1-6)

we are 2-1 in the 2nd game of the back to backs, 1-0 against good teams (OKC) so the game against orlando could come down to our shooting behind the arc...

it's me
12-23-2010, 01:43 AM
I am a fan but please stop it there... Come on bro.

+ 1 .... what about hype lol...... I still remember people saying RM Jr was better and more clutch than Manu because of a couple shots against the fakers lol

BanditHiro
12-23-2010, 01:46 AM
*yawn* have you seen our bench? might as well just flip the roles and make the starters come off the bench for this game

crc21209
12-23-2010, 02:25 AM
TP looked completely out of it tonight so hopefully he comes out guns blazing tomorrow night. Neal continues to surprise me and it was great to see his shooting stroke in person, the dude has a sweet shot. :tu Quinn also looks very comfortable out there in the limited minutes he got....I was a bit surprised to see that.

xellos88330
12-23-2010, 02:29 AM
TRAP GAME!!!

:p:

Nick Manning
12-23-2010, 02:31 AM
lol excuses ready and waiting

tuncaboylu
12-23-2010, 02:44 AM
They have no back up center at their roster. If we can force Howard to make fouls, we can easily beat them while Hedo playing PF and Bass playing center

crc21209
12-23-2010, 02:47 AM
They have no back up center at their roster. If we can force Howard to make fouls, we can easily beat them while Hedo playing PF and Bass playing center

We have alot of bigs to throw at them tomorrow. Hopefully we shove each and every single one of them down their throats tomorrow night. TD, Dice, Splitter, Bonner, and Blair. While they're only left with Howard and Bass...

UnWantedTheory
12-23-2010, 04:49 AM
Jason Richardson isn't BETTER than Gary Neal.
Say wha? Gary Neal has played a 1/4 of an NBA season & you are saying he is better than J Rich?

UnWantedTheory
12-23-2010, 04:53 AM
Orlando is still getting their new players acclimated & only have 1 true center on the roster. With that said, it is still going to be tough. They have alot of talent, & we are coming off a tough game where TP & Manu logged more minutes than we would want. Also, it's a back to back, so it should prove to be semi difficult. I say it will be relatively close in the 4th, & we squeak another win in.

Crickets
12-23-2010, 05:00 AM
Magic losing 3 in a row?
I doubt it!

Your little misleading win streak is over bitches...

UnWantedTheory
12-23-2010, 05:11 AM
I love how the Crick always has to have a word, meaningless or not, in almost every thread.

UnWantedTheory
12-23-2010, 05:12 AM
Crick, I salute you! :toast You are one go getting troll.

Calavera
12-23-2010, 06:03 AM

couple of charges from Splitter and maybe we'll have a chance in this game:toast TD is capable of drawing fouls from Howard too (when going for his shot in the post), it will be more difficult for them to get 3s if they can't execute the inside-outside game with Dwight. I hope our organized team play overwhelms their desire to win with the new roster.

100%duncan
12-23-2010, 07:59 AM
I think we'll do good Magic still struggling on there new line up

Harry Callahan
12-23-2010, 10:27 AM
That's a pretty tough back to back with the trip to Orlando. What a crummy way to spend your Christmas Eve. You turn around and fly back home christmas morning and turn around and play the Bullets the 26th.

Merry Christmas David Stern - oh wait - he doesn't have Christmas at his house

rasho8
12-23-2010, 10:46 AM
This game is winnable. People saying Orlando "is due to win a game" are just stupid. Due to win for what? Trading their entire roster for a new one? How are they due? You actually have to not suck to be due a win.

The Spurs are plenty deep to take this Magic team. We have more bigs than they can handle and if TP and Manu give us decent (not even good but decent) games we should have this. TP just cant be garbage again like yesterday.

SpursRulez4eVeR
12-23-2010, 10:51 AM
all i know is that the spurs would not have a chance tonight if they play defense like they did last night

SpursFanInAustin
12-23-2010, 11:15 AM
Hack-a-Howard!!!

SpursDynasty85
12-23-2010, 12:32 PM
It's not homering, it's the truth. Jason Richardson's defense is abhorrent, have you ever watched him on the Suns or Warriors? At least Neal tries and is successful sometimes. The only thing Richardson does well is shoot threes and dunk, and while Neal doesn't do the latter, he does the former as well as Richardson and has an in between game that Richardson lacks.

Gary Neal would get torched worse if he played against starters. Jason Richardson is better than Gary Neal in everything except maybe having the mid-game. But honestly, Jason Richardson is by far the better player overall.

Mel_13
12-23-2010, 12:36 PM
That's a pretty tough back to back with the trip to Orlando. What a crummy way to spend your Christmas Eve. You turn around and fly back home christmas morning and turn around and play the Bullets the 26th.

Check your calendar, today is the 23rd.

in2deep
12-23-2010, 12:37 PM
can't wait to see Howard lose his cool once again

Thompson
12-23-2010, 12:49 PM
Any more information on George Hill's injury/expected return? They said 'sprained big toe;' I assume they did an MRI, correct? If it was something more ('turf toe,' which would mean ligament strain/damage) he could be out for a month or more while it heals, and the fact that he played on it could make the injury worse.

I saw Anderson shooting the ball, have they given any updates on his projected return (still mid-January)?

SpursDynasty85
12-23-2010, 12:54 PM
Popovich last week said it would be Mid-June. He's off the boot and shooting the ball. 3 weeks at the earliest sounds about right for a minor foot surgery. I've had shoulder surgery with 3 pins, so I know sort of how it must be hurting Anderson to have a pin in his bone. I'd say 4 weeks.

Thompson
12-23-2010, 12:56 PM
Popovich last week said it would be Mid-June.
:spless:

SpursDynasty85
12-23-2010, 12:57 PM
Popovich last week said it would be Mid-June.

HAHAH. Mid-Jan..

widowmaker
12-23-2010, 01:42 PM

David stern doesn't celebrate Christmas. He celebrates hanukkah.

gospursgojas
12-23-2010, 01:51 PM
Yeah Im calling this game a loss.

redskinfan
12-23-2010, 02:21 PM
Hack-a-Howard!!!

I can definately see that happening tonight, BTW I hate that strategy!

Dr. Gonzo
12-23-2010, 02:57 PM
What, David Stern's a Jew?

I bet that REALLY pisses you off.