PDA

View Full Version : Detroit or Miami

mavsfan1000
05-27-2005, 09:07 PM
Which team do you think will come out of the east and which team will give San Antonio more trouble? This is assuming that San Antonio finishes off Phoenix.

E20
05-27-2005, 09:08 PM
Detroit, they're more discplined, they have a coach who knows us, they play D, and present some matchup problems.

FromWayDowntown
05-27-2005, 09:08 PM
Not even thinking about it -- two more wins first.

Sense
05-27-2005, 09:28 PM
Miami presents more matchup problems for san antonio...but I think we can beat them..

Detroit is overall as good as San Antonio, but SA has the edge in pressure.

I'd say Miami.. but who cares...

mavsfan1000
05-27-2005, 09:43 PM
"One lucky shot deserves another". Don't you want revenge against Shaq? I would love to see that matchup.

Sense
05-27-2005, 09:46 PM
"One lucky shot deserves another". Don't you want revenge against Shaq? I would love to see that matchup.
Shaq didn't make the shot...and he said that because obviously they shot over his ass..

Shaq is too injured to go against anyone in the playoffs right now.

So it wouldn't be too sweet..I also think Miami won't get past detroit.

Big Pimp_21
05-27-2005, 09:48 PM
Even though I think the Pistons would be tougher, I just don't want to see Shaq in the finals...it would just expand his big head. He would look like the savior of southbeach. I also HATE seeing him play. Hopping around in the paint, leading with his shoulder every time he gets the ball. It just pisses me off to see how much he gets away with. It pisses me off more when he gets away with is against us. I also don't want to have to hear Steven A Smith talk about his "man" the daddy controllin' the paint for 4-7 games.

mavsfan1000
05-27-2005, 09:50 PM
Detroit almost lost to Indiana. One really good game by Detroit and they're the favorites. If Miami steals game 3 it is a totally different series. Shaq is injured but 3 days off would help him. It's not like Detroit is a dominant home team either. I feel that Miami has a very versatile offense that is hard to stop plus having Mourning at the PF gave Detroit problems in game 2.

Sense
05-27-2005, 09:56 PM
I doubt Wade will have games like the last one in Miami...

Detroit is too much of a focused team to let him rape them again..

Unless Shaq gets a huge game+Wade's.... this series could be over soon.

mavsfan1000
05-27-2005, 10:00 PM
Miami is not a 2 man team. I've been watching them all year shoot lights out with Damon Jones and Eddie Jones along with Wade and Shaq. They're a pretty good defensive team also.

Sense
05-27-2005, 10:02 PM
Miami is not a 2 man team. I've been watching them all year shoot lights out with Damon Jones and Eddie Jones along with Wade and Shaq. They're a pretty good defensive team also.

I don't think they are a defensive team, but they atleast try..

And no I don't think the Jones' do anything to change a game in pressure mode.

Compare them to anyone in detroit's lineup and you won't find any related skill..

Detroit is the better TEAM...and that's what counts.

mavsfan1000
05-27-2005, 11:04 PM
Miami in my opinion matches up better than Los Angeles did because they perform the fastbreak better. Los Angeles was a half court team and that worked into Detroit's favor. If Miami runs it is much harder to defend than Los Angeles.

Phenomanul
05-27-2005, 11:11 PM
The matchup is always Duncan related....

If someone slows down Duncan, the Spurs don't roll too well.

Detroit can do it....
No one in Miami can....

Simple answer really.

That being said, I want Miami.... I want the "most dominant" big-man debate to be settled for good.

DDS4
05-27-2005, 11:14 PM
Detroit, Detroit, Detroit. Want to beat the defending champs. Period.

mavsfan1000
05-27-2005, 11:16 PM
What about Alonzo Mourning? This guy plays physical and gets away with more than most players which will benefit Miami. I hate Miami but respect them enough to realize that first game was a fluke. They will play with vengeance despite Detroit's defense. Dwayne Wade on the fastbreak is unstoppable.

Phenomanul
05-27-2005, 11:17 PM
What about Alonzo Mourning? This guy plays physical and gets away with more than most players which will benefit Miami.

Yeah.... but he's been playing limited minutes....

mavsfan1000
05-27-2005, 11:29 PM
Detroit played a great game 1 but winning 1 game doesn't mean they are the better team. Miami has proven all year that they are the better team. You can't make decisions on the first game always. Look at the Dallas and Houston series. Everyone thought that Dallas was done after being down 2-0. I think Miami will win in 7 despite my disliking towards them.

Sense
05-28-2005, 02:16 AM
From a research I had to do in 6th Grade in 2000...I learned that Tim Duncan always hated to play against alonzo morning....he said he was the best player he played against..

Then again alonzo was at his prime..

and Tim was about a year in the nba.

I don't know....

mavsfan1000
05-28-2005, 02:20 AM
It looked like Alonzo was giving Rasheed Wallace some problems when he was out there. They might start playing him more the better conditioned he gets. He might get up to 30 minutes in that series. A high octane offense of Miami combined with Alonzo irritating Duncan could be bad.

boutons
05-28-2005, 07:55 AM
Alonzo's an asshole, with his strutting and preening, and flexing of his biceps like some 16 year-old jackass standing before his bathroom mirror, when he's a 34-year-old vet on his last legs.

Either the Pistons or Heat will be a serious, worthy, difficult Finals opponent.