PDA

View Full Version : did anyone really expect the spurs to win tonight?

mabrignani
12-23-2010, 11:05 PM
i mean, im a die hard spurs fan, but we lost to the clippers on the 2nd game of a back to back game. of course were going to lose to a legit magic team who just got a nice little upgrade in talent after playing half a continent away the night before.

iManu
12-23-2010, 11:09 PM
I agree with Barkley that there was not a chance they would win tonight on a back to back with Denver.

Sean Cagney
12-23-2010, 11:16 PM
I hoped but NOPE, I said last night to a friend and he agreed no way they win this one tonight. You could just see this coming.

TDMVPDPOY
12-23-2010, 11:25 PM
this game was winnable up untill halftime

questionable subs and forcing up stupid shots at the wrong time....

i felt bonner played too many minutes where neal shouldve came into the game to change things....

doesnt help when magic was shooting high fg%....

2nd half dont bother, it was mainly our bench vs the magics starters running up the score when pop already pulled out his tongue and waved the white flag gettin ready to get some ass...

oh well it was 3 g ames in 4 nights, bound to lose anyway...which means lets start the winning streak again...wiz should be a comfortable win b4 heading into mav town for some pony riding

TDMVPDPOY
12-23-2010, 11:32 PM
Lakers anybody?

lakers been playin like shit, but we all know they get all psych up to play us just like every fkn team out there....

focus and effort is what we are lacking when on winning streaks, we play down to the competition :(

spurtech09
12-23-2010, 11:52 PM
I really wanted the spurs to win tonight but yeah in my mind I had a feeling spurs were going to lose since the spurs played a tough game against denver...

KaiRMD1
12-23-2010, 11:56 PM
I don't mind a loss but a blowout?

TDMVPDPOY
12-23-2010, 11:59 PM
I don't mind a loss but a blowout?

2nd half was mainly our scrubs vs there starters running up the score

cd98
12-24-2010, 12:02 AM
This was a schedule loss. Play in S.A. Against a playoff team. Board a plane to Orlando and play a back 2 back in less than 24 hours.

Spursmania
I didn't :hat

DMC
i mean, im a die hard spurs fan, but we lost to the clippers on the 2nd game of a back to back game. of course were going to lose to a legit magic team who just got a nice little upgrade in talent after playing half a continent away the night before.
I expect them to win every night.

It's easy to post a thread like this after a loss, but how many games have the Spurs won this year that you expected them to lose?

Cherry picking is an ugly thing.

DMC
12-24-2010, 12:03 AM
Lakers could come in and win the way we've been playing.

You really should read more and talk less.

BackHome
12-24-2010, 12:55 AM
Rolf......It is just one game on a back to back it happens and will happen again this season. We miss Hill and Anderson ...my only frustration is not finding a better plalyer then IME and not having one person in our D-League team that could help us.

rasho8
12-24-2010, 01:00 AM
I was hoping we could win. It would have been awesome. Its not a surprise. Watching the Magic make every shot they attempted I knew this shit was over. Its like a team of 10 Dirk's out there just jacking up 3s and making every one of them.

#41 Shoot Em Up
12-24-2010, 01:21 AM
This was a schedule loss. Play in S.A. Against a playoff team. Board a plane to Orlando and play a back 2 back in less than 24 hours.

Exactly, Dallas got stuck the same way, play in Miami against an elite team. Board a plane to Orlando and play a back 2 back in less than 24 hours and get beat by 20 ....................oh wait

Amuseddaysleeper
12-24-2010, 01:23 AM
The travel time between Miami and Orlando is much less than that of SA to Orlando.

Plus, Orlando was still trying to gel when they played the Mavs. They definitely got in sync in time to face the Spurs.

Not taking anything away from the Mavs, but I think the Spurs faced a tougher Magic team than the one Dallas got.

LongtimeSpursFan
12-24-2010, 01:28 AM
The travel time between Miami and Orlando is much less than that of SA to Orlando.

Plus, Orlando was still trying to gel when they played the Mavs. They definitely got in sync in time to face the Spurs.

Not taking anything away from the Mavs, but I think the Spurs faced a tougher Magic team than the one Dallas got.

:tu Spurs also caught the Magic on a night when everything clicked for them. Magic look like a team that can be dangerous when they are playing fast-paced but I'm not sure if I'm totally sold on a team that has only one big man. Bass is ok but they are going to need some interior help do make impact in playoffs.

SnakeBoy
12-24-2010, 02:08 AM
focus and effort is what we are lacking when on winning streaks

Think about it.

jjktkk
12-24-2010, 04:10 AM
:tu Magic look like a team that can be dangerous when they are playing fast-paced but I'm not sure if I'm totally sold on a team that has only one big man. Bass is ok but they are going to need some interior help do make impact in playoffs.

Kinda weird that this new Magic team is eerily similar to the Spurs right now, as far as personnel.

Hoops Czar
12-24-2010, 04:15 AM
I agree with Barkley that there was not a chance they would win tonight on a back to back with Denver.

Yeah, that must have been it.

Hoops Czar
12-24-2010, 04:20 AM

Obviously, you still don't get it. The Spurs DON'T play defense. Orlando does. How the hell long did you expect this charade to go on. The Spurs are light years behind the mavs and your still in denial. Go ahead and blame it on "the Spurs played a tougher Orlando team". Whatever helps you sleep at night.

Hoops Czar
12-24-2010, 04:26 AM
Dude whatever helps you touch yourself at night

What are you, in the tenth grade going on second grade? A little outdated humor which I grew out of when I was ten.

SpursDynasty85
12-24-2010, 01:43 PM

Feels weird to agree with Barkley but that Denver game was too tough. Denver had that game won and then we gutted out an unlikely 4th qtr comeback. I was hoping our gaurds could pull it out with good 3pt shooting. sadly, the magic will be dangerous this year, no matter the naysayers.

Agloco
12-24-2010, 02:38 PM
Obviously, you still don't get it. The Spurs DON'T play defense. Orlando does. How the hell long did you expect this charade to go on. The Spurs are light years behind the mavs and your still in denial. Go ahead and blame it on "the Spurs played a tougher Orlando team". Whatever helps you sleep at night.

lol post LeBron stress disorder

DMC
12-24-2010, 02:59 PM
What's funny is that these Spurs fan are ready to throw in the towel at every turn. By all accounts, we should have lost to both Denver and Orlando. In fact, we should have about 10 losses right now if not for the last minute heroics of a few guys. But that's how all seasons go, you win and you lose. If we get a good playoff seed, we will be right where we want to be, record be damned.

DMC
12-24-2010, 03:01 PM

I was in Akron a few weeks ago. There were indicators that a great presence had left that area. The indicators were that there was not a great presence in the area. Talking to locals, it turns out that's just how Akron is.

kaji157
12-24-2010, 03:08 PM
Nope, not at all, i expected what happened.
An i suspect someone has made a lot of money in vegas with that +20 score the refs were trying so hard to get.
I mean, did anyone noticed how strict were the refs with the spurs reserves at times were they were down 19 or 18...
Not to say once they were down 14..

DMC
12-24-2010, 03:27 PM
I rarely pay attention to the refs. That's a part of the game that the team has no control over, so I just ignore it. If they are against you, you're fucked, end of story. Best not to leave it up to them and just stomp your opponent.

DMC
12-24-2010, 11:31 PM
It was funny when Bonner got that steal. He was like "WFT?" (he cannot say it right), and if he could get his hands over his head, he wouldn't have gotten it. Fortunately Matt's arms are like a GI Joe, they do not move much so they were stuck out there when who-the-fuck-ever tried to go up for the shot and Matt ended up with the ball. Looked like Bush when he actually got a sentence out right... all proud and shit.

TampaDude
12-24-2010, 11:51 PM
The Spurs only chance to win was to rain 3s, and when that didn't happen, they were done. The Magic shot 60% from the floor and 52% from 3. Spurs didn't have a chance last night. Hell, nobody would've beaten Orlando last night the way their shots were falling.

urunobili
12-25-2010, 06:53 AM
most predictable loss of the season thus far... :wakeup

DieHardSpursFan1537
12-25-2010, 03:41 PM
I didn't expect them to win at all.

SenorSpur
12-25-2010, 04:13 PM
It's not unreasonable to expect a good effort - even on the back end of a back-to-back.

By their own standards, the Spurs are NOT a good defensive team. In fact, while they can summon stops on occasion, they're still basically an average defensive team, at best. On nights where they're playing the back end of a B2B, their defense is considerably worse.

mystargtr34
12-26-2010, 03:46 AM
Against a team like Orlando who spread the court and primarily shoot 3's its obviously important to be able to close out on shooters.... that requires good discipline but also athleticism from your wings. Spurs were missing probably their two best guys at doing that in George Hill and James Anderson.. instead they had Gary Neal and Ime Udoka (:lol) taking those minutes which of course makes you suffer in that area.

Obviously there were alot of other contributing factors to getting blown out such as Manu not being Manu and DeJuan Blair still being DeJuan Blair.. but allowing the Magic to go 13-25 from 3... while letting Dwight go for 30 is a recipe for disaster.

justinandimcool
12-26-2010, 04:43 AM
Spurs had 8 in double figures.

Defense took a break like it has been all week. Oh and not to mention the Spurs aren't that good in the first place, and were exposed for the most part especially on the boards and being slow on rotations. But on a back to back shit happens. It's December.

UnWantedTheory
12-26-2010, 04:52 AM
We should always expect a win. Now I know that can not possibly happen, but they play to win. It was going to be tough for reasons previously stated, but we should have competed...and we did not do that.

UnWantedTheory
12-26-2010, 04:53 AM
gtfo my site kiddie.
Eh?

DMC
12-26-2010, 01:40 PM
Spurs had 8 in double figures.

Defense took a break like it has been all week. Oh and not to mention the Spurs aren't that good in the first place, and were exposed for the most part especially on the boards and being slow on rotations. But on a back to back shit happens. It's December.

They had 8 by the end of the game. Pop waved the flag in the 3rd. Points after that are just padding.

Regardless, I will be glad when the Wiz game is over so we get two new pages of one line thread topics like "did you see that?" or "lmao" for one game.

SenorSpur
12-26-2010, 01:53 PM
Against a team like Orlando who spread the court and primarily shoot 3's its obviously important to be able to close out on shooters.... that requires good discipline but also athleticism from your wings. Spurs were missing probably their two best guys at doing that in George Hill and James Anderson.. instead they had Gary Neal and Ime Udoka (:lol) taking those minutes which of course makes you suffer in that area.

Obviously there were alot of other contributing factors to getting blown out such as Manu not being Manu and DeJuan Blair still being DeJuan Blair.. but allowing the Magic to go 13-25 from 3... while letting Dwight go for 30 is a recipe for disaster.

From what I understand from listening to Bill Land and Sean Elliott, the Spurs have not been as good at defending the 3-ball this year, as in years past.

703 Spurz
12-27-2010, 11:04 AM
Exactly, Dallas got stuck the same way, play in Miami against an elite team. Board a plane to Orlando and play a back 2 back in less than 24 hours and get beat by 20 ....................oh wait

Regular season pimp eh? Come back when your team has done ANYTHING worth speaking about in the playoffs.

Please