PDA

View Full Version : This is it, Pop's got to go...

8FOR!3
12-23-2010, 11:25 PM
:lol

Give me a break guys. This is just one game. The same thing happened against the Los Angeles Clippers, at least the Magic suck. It's the second time we've been set up for failure this year, both times against athletic teams on a back to back (if I remember correctly they were both on national TV.) All this game tells us is what David Stern and/or the media want the nation to see; and that's the Spurs losing.

Game was a combination of everything, we played a tough tough team in Denver and they were hungry without Carmelo the night before, we've got to fly all the way out to Orlando, Pop sucks against newly put together teams. Nobody had their legs under them and it was clear from the get go but understandable to me. Say what you want about how much athletes get paid but the fact is if you take two similar athletes and put them in competition, one having not an adequate amount of sleep the night before, he's going to under perform and look like crap against another player at that level. Orlando was desperate too, they didn't miss tonight.

Just my take on it. Don't get me wrong, I'm pissed, but that's just because I know we got beat by an inferior team that we're capable of beating. Not mad at the coach, not mad at the team, mad at the NBA for teams in that position (us in this scenario.) We talk about referees deciding games, but when it comes down to it, the people who create the schedule do the same thing sometimes. We were supposed to lose this game and nothing short of a miracle on our behalf and a massive failure on Orlando's was going to change it. The magic executed their offense well tonight and with our situation we didn't really stand much of a chance. Considering the circumstances (the way both teams played, who got our minutes in the second half, etc.) it's amazing the game didn't get more out of hand then it did. Just look at the way Neal, Dice, all of those guys were shooting the ball. Worn out and rightfully so.

The unseen point to this thread; lower the amount of games played if you have to, but get rid of back to backs, they're complete and utter bullshit. You give the Nets a home game against the Celtics, Lakers, Spurs, Mavs, anybody with a back to back and my money's on the Nets. I understand that you're not going to win every game, but I'd like to see a team deserve their win AND the loser earn their loss. Games against back to back teams are gifts, games against back to back teams on your own home court are gifts on a silver fucking platter.

I'm sure we've got some anger and focus to take out on Arenas' last team since he just whipped our candy asses and I expect a big game atmosphere against the Lakers since it's our first meet this season. Come on Spurs, tell em how it really is. :toast

DMC
12-23-2010, 11:30 PM
Why 60 new threads about the same game? Can't all these thoughts be brought out in a couple threads? Most of them are basically saying the same things anyhow.

Blackjack
12-23-2010, 11:30 PM
I'm extremely disappointed this wasn't a legit fanboy post . . .

8FOR!3
12-23-2010, 11:32 PM
I'm up for it. But I don't see why a 63-67 game schedule or something around that ballpark wouldn't work. Less health issues, more meaning in the games, no more back to backs, because you would have teams at their best play teams at their best on a more consistent basis.

InRareForm
12-23-2010, 11:53 PM
I agree with OP, but it could have been said in 3 sentences.

DMC
12-24-2010, 12:05 AM
You cannot remove games because it removes revenue. You cannot add games because it requires most venues to restructure their schedules around it.

SequSpur
12-24-2010, 12:19 AM
Gay....

justinandimcool
12-24-2010, 12:26 AM
OP didn't mention that this team looked absolutely dwarfed in the paint and couldn't get a rebound to save their lives. Tack this fact on to all those open threes Orlando (and Denver last night) got and we have a HUGE problem.

It's not Pop's fault, but to make up for it this team will have to be perfectly lights out on offense in order to beat the elite's.

8FOR!3
12-24-2010, 09:16 AM
OP didn't mention that this team looked absolutely dwarfed in the paint and couldn't get a rebound to save their lives. Tack this fact on to all those open threes Orlando (and Denver last night) got and we have a HUGE problem.

It's not Pop's fault, but to make up for it this team will have to be perfectly lights out on offense in order to beat the elite's.

A motivated Dwight Howard's going to get rebounds over Tim Duncan, DeJuan Blair, Tiago Splitter, Antonio McDyess, and Matt Bonner all day when they're just going through the motions. Nothing surprising there.

YoMamaIsCallin
12-24-2010, 01:41 PM
It is one game out of the 82 that make up the regular season marathon.

The regular season is to make money and position for the playoffs. The playoffs are to decide who's best. Pop and the management want to win in the playoffs. There are no B2Bs in the playoffs and the travel is much less.

I can't believe I have to school you people on this.

DieHardSpursFan1537
12-24-2010, 02:24 PM
It's just one game. Let the winning streak begin yet again....

DMC
12-24-2010, 02:36 PM
A motivated Dwight Howard's going to get rebounds over Tim Duncan, DeJuan Blair, Tiago Splitter, Antonio McDyess, and Matt Bonner all day when they're just going through the motions. Nothing surprising there.

Howard is going to get rebounds over everyone, regardless of whether they are going through the motions or not. If you haven't noticed, the guy gets like 20 rebounds a game.