PDA

View Full Version : Eyewitness Account from last night

LegendaryFan44
12-24-2010, 10:44 AM
Since I live in Florida and am a big Spurs fans..witenessed the game first hand last night..very impressive new place for the Magic..Amway Center..and..NEVER seen worse defense from the Spurs..never within 2 feet of a Magic player all night...total emotionless blowout loss..I did not see 1 fast break point..U can say all u want about back to back cross country games..Magic provided ALL the highlights..Spurs gave me 50 cents of value for my ticket. On a good note..Splitter..Neal..Blair have talent.

TJastal
12-24-2010, 10:49 AM
Since I live in Florida and am a big Spurs fans..witenessed the game first hand last night..very impressive new place for the Magic..Amway Center..and..NEVER seen worse defense from the Spurs..never within 2 feet of a Magic player all night...total emotionless blowout loss..I did not see 1 fast break point..U can say all u want about back to back cross country games..Magic provided ALL the highlights..Spurs gave me 50 cents of value for my ticket. On a good note..Splitter..Neal..Blair have talent.

Those players you mention, they are just around to spell the main attraction, Matt Bonner.

xmas1997
12-24-2010, 10:56 AM
Defense will be the key for another championship and I have not seen it yet on a consistent basis, just in rare flashes, despite the wins.
I admit that after watching the Spurs since they first came here, I am concerned.
I like the winning, but until I see consistent lock down defense from them, I won't get my hopes up for a championship.

Agloco
12-24-2010, 11:01 AM
I like the winning, but until I see consistent lock down defense from them, I won't get my hopes up for a championship.

You won't....... might as well jump of of the bandwagon now.

They won't ever play that kind of defense with this group of players. They need to work on team D and hope that it's passable enough to allow them to escape with wins in the playoffs.

This was the first game all season where I thought the Spurs were never truly in the game. For that to happen in the 29th game, in a back to back no less, I'll take that.

xmas1997
12-24-2010, 11:14 AM
You won't....... might as well jump of of the bandwagon now.

They won't ever play that kind of defense with this group of players. They need to work on team D and hope that it's passable enough to allow them to escape with wins in the playoffs.

This was the first game all season where I thought the Spurs were never truly in the game. For that to happen in the 29th game, in a back to back no less, I'll take that.

First, screw you and your bandwagon bullshit!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I've never been a bandwagoner, ever, and never will be so I take exception to your crappy insult because that is what it was. I am a die hard Spurs fan, always was, and always will be, win or lose!

Second, I dare say I've been a Spurs fan from inception and probably a hell of a lot longer than you will ever be, so fuck you for even implying such a thing.

Third, I've enjoyed watching the Spurs potent offense this year, but always hoping to see their lock down defense and not just in flashes. Until they display that, I have no misconceptions of a championship in any sort of realistic scenario. People used to love watching the Suns high octane offense, but any true basketball fan knew that without a good lock down defense, there was no realistic chance of a championship.
At least the Spurs sometimes play decent team defense. But that won't be enough to get a championship unless you live in a pie in the sky fantasy world.

DMC
12-24-2010, 02:53 PM
The Spurs were in the game until the middle of the 3rd. When they didn't make that customary run to get back yet Pop had subbed, I knew Pop was thinking about which Rock and Hammer bottle to serve with the meal.

And yeah it sucks to lose a game. That's never changed, but the Spurs' outlook isn't any worse than it was prior to that game. They still have a goal in mind and they have the players they have.

What other team in the league can show such a record without blockbuster trades? The Spurs draft their talent, for the most part, and other teams simply buy talent.

xellos88330
12-24-2010, 03:05 PM
The Spurs were in the game until the middle of the 3rd. When they didn't make that customary run to get back yet Pop had subbed, I knew Pop was thinking about which Rock and Hammer bottle to serve with the meal.

And yeah it sucks to lose a game. That's never changed, but the Spurs' outlook isn't any worse than it was prior to that game. They still have a goal in mind and they have the players they have.

What other team in the league can show such a record without blockbuster trades? The Spurs draft their talent, for the most part, and other teams simply buy talent.

Once I saw Ime in the game, I figured that Pop wasn't serious about coming back. He also didn't really seem to angry about the loss.

Leetonidas
12-24-2010, 03:07 PM
I've never been a bandwagoner, ever, and never will be so I take exception to your crappy insult because that is what it was. I am a die hard Spurs fan, always was, and always will be, win or lose!

Second, I dare say I've been a Spurs fan from inception and probably a hell of a lot longer than you will ever be, so fuck you for even implying such a thing.

Third, I've enjoyed watching the Spurs potent offense this year, but always hoping to see their lock down defense and not just in flashes. Until they display that, I have no misconceptions of a championship in any sort of realistic scenario. People used to love watching the Suns high octane offense, but any true basketball fan knew that without a good lock down defense, there was no realistic chance of a championship.
At least the Spurs sometimes play decent team defense. But that won't be enough to get a championship unless you live in a pie in the sky fantasy world.

What a faggot. :lmao :lmao :lmao

xmas1997
12-24-2010, 03:13 PM
What a faggot. :lmao :lmao :lmao

Why don't you try using put down words you know the meaning of, you ignorant eunuch!

Mr.Bottomtooth
12-24-2010, 03:15 PM

lol

DMC
12-24-2010, 03:17 PM

u mad?

DMC
12-24-2010, 03:21 PM
Once I saw Ime in the game, I figured that Pop wasn't serious about coming back. He also didn't really seem to angry about the loss.

That's why Pop said, at the break, that Orlando was hitting their shots, and if that continued, the Spurs would go home and have a nice Christmas.

Orlando was shooting lights out. You knew it was going to happen when you saw that those three newcomers had bad shooting percentages so far. Those guys are good shooters, and like Pop says, the worm turns. It turned against the Spurs.

But kudos to Orlando. I hope they stomp the fuck out of their intrastate rivals, the Heat.

Leetonidas
12-24-2010, 03:40 PM
Why don't you try using put down words you know the meaning of, you ignorant eunuch!

:rolleyes

Agloco
12-24-2010, 04:11 PM

http://www.madassnews.net/img/oh_he_mad.jpg

Second, I dare say I've been a Spurs fan from inception......

Soooooo, is Mr. Cobb dreaming or not? Go easy during your explanation though, I'd hate for you to blow a gasket.

PublicOption
12-24-2010, 06:44 PM
too many non-calls

Solid D
12-24-2010, 06:59 PM
Thanks for the 1st-hand report. The game was Orlando's to lose by the 2nd quarter. The Spurs weren't getting back on defense, they weren't closing out on shooters. No energy. The Spurs looked like they did in Los Angeles versus the Clippers. Orlando just made a lot more outside shots...it was like a shoot-around.

TE
12-24-2010, 07:23 PM
Spurs just didn't play. And tbh, I think the Magic played the best they could.

Factor that into the fact that the officiating was horrendous, and you get a blowout.

No biggie, just rebound and play better. That's all there is to it.

DMC
12-24-2010, 11:02 PM
http://www.madassnews.net/img/oh_he_mad.jpg

:lmao:lmao

rascal
12-25-2010, 08:15 PM

I don't see why you think not trading for talent is a good thing. Just relying on the draft is not a positive.

jjktkk
12-25-2010, 11:53 PM
I don't see why you think not trading for talent is a good thing. Just relying on the draft is not a positive.

No one relies soley on the draft, but look at all the the Spurs players that were drafted by the Spurs on this team. Late picks at that. Pretty damn impressive.

Solid D
12-26-2010, 12:55 AM

No one relies soley on the draft, but look at all the the Spurs players that were drafted by the Spurs on this team. Late picks at that. Pretty damn impressive.

:tu

That brings up a good question. Since the Spurs have been praised for their drafting deftness and good fortunes, what is the right mix of drafted players, free agents and players acquired via trades?

ESPN had an article last year about how the Spurs had drafted better than any other franchise over the past 20 years. But the writer pointed out that the Spurs have done a great job of developing that talent further.

The ideal would be heavy on draftees and a small mix of FA and traded-for players. That is how the Spurs won their first four titles.

It's the perfect approach for a small market NBA team.

The Lakers are the example of winning via making key trades (arrangements).
The Celts are another...but their player payrolls are $92M and 84M respectively. The Spurs sit at just under $68M.

At this stage of the Spurs cycle of success, San Antonio needs another stroke of good fortune. They have plenty of good or great role players. They need someone to take the torch from Tim Duncan. The question is, will this new flower bloom from the ashes of a lost season as it did for the drafts in 1987 and 1997? Or, will it bloom from a trade for a high draft pick with one or two of it's rising stars?

Looking at a future that may include contraction of the league, is there another Vlade Divac for Kobe Bryant's rights out there? Is there Cleveland willing to trade a Butch Lee and a draft pick for a 1st rounder (James Worthy) out there?

The state of the NBA and the economy may provide opportunity for those willing to take a risk at the right time.

Seventyniner
12-26-2010, 10:05 AM
The Lakers are the example of winning via making key trades (arrangements).
The Celts are another...but their player payrolls are $92M and 84M respectively. The Spurs sit at just under $68M.

This makes me wonder if the small-market owners will insist on a hard cap during the next round of CBA negotiations; would the big-market teams be able to keep all that talent together if they weren't consistently $10M+ over the current luxury tax?

The state of the NBA and the economy may provide opportunity for those willing to take a risk at the right time.

That has always been the case, but you're right that the reward to risk ratio is probably higher now than any time in the past 15-20 years.