PDA

View Full Version : Tim Duncan- best 6 year player of all time?

poop
12-25-2010, 02:53 AM
Duncan: 23 ppg, 12.3 rpg, 3.1 apg, 0.8 spg, 2.6 bpg

ROTY, MVP candidate his rookie year, all-nba 1st team first 6 years, all-nba defensive team first 6 years,+ top 3 defensive DPOY multiple times, 2x MVP, 2 Championships, 2x Finals MVP, all-star starter first 6 years

Kobe: 19.5 ppg, 4.6 rpg, 3.8 apg, 1.3 spg, 0.6 bpg

2x championship*

*on a priviledged LA Lakers team led by Shaquille O'Neal in his prime

hahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahaha priviledged glamor market franchises having to compare themselves to have-to-build-from-nothing-with-no-help-or-media-support-tiny-market-franchises

Punchy
12-25-2010, 03:13 AM
Good thread.

Roddy Beaubois
12-25-2010, 03:28 AM
see, this is why the term GNSF is an insult around here.

Nahtanoj
12-25-2010, 03:38 AM
Greatest Power Forward of All-Time.

TE
12-25-2010, 04:44 AM
I support this thread.

LkrFan
12-25-2010, 05:50 AM
Greatest Power Forward of All-Time.
...yet Kobe won more rings durinq the TD era than even TD did. What does that make Kobe? Just saying...:lmao

admiralsnackbar
12-25-2010, 06:06 AM
...yet Kobe won more rings durinq the TD era than even TD did. What does that make Kobe? Just saying...:lmao

A coat-tail rider?

LkrFan
12-25-2010, 06:13 AM
A coat-tail rider?
This is funny. He was a major contributor for his 1st 3 rings, and the #1 option for his last 2 (and counting). That can't be disputed. Thing is, when he leads the Lakers to a 3 peat (as the #1 option), what will you say then? When he ties MJ for rings (surpassed him already in Finals appearances already), what will you say then? When he has more rings than MJ, what will you guys say then? First it was, he couldn't win without Shaq. Now he is big man dependent. Blah Blah Blah. Give the man his due. He's earned it.

poop
12-25-2010, 06:58 AM

*with prime Shaq: 3
*with priviledged Gasol trade: 2
*as Kobe as leader: ...........missed playoffs, epic first-round rapes

ahahhahahahaahahahahhahhahaha

DxB
12-25-2010, 07:05 AM
This is funny. He was a major contributor for his 1st 3 rings, and the #1 option for his last 2 (and counting). That can't be disputed. Thing is, when he leads the Lakers to a 3 peat (as the #1 option), what will you say then? When he ties MJ for rings (surpassed him already in Finals appearances already), what will you say then? When he has more rings than MJ, what will you guys say then? First it was, he couldn't win without Shaq. Now he is big man dependent. Blah Blah Blah. Give the man his due. He's earned it.

No one said he was totally shit, just overrated, and I totally agree.

This arguement is fucking stale though, its been debated over and over and now its just annoying.

The fact remains though, if you are a small market GM and you need to pick ONE player to build your franchise around and hopefully win you a ring, you would be a dumbass to pick Kobe over Duncan...

LkrFan
12-25-2010, 07:05 AM
*with prime Shaq: 3
*with priviledged Gasol trade: 2
*as Kobe as leader: ...........missed playoffs, epic first-round rapes

ahahhahahahaahahahahhahhahaha
Butthurt.com right there. :wakeup

LkrFan
12-25-2010, 07:07 AM
No one said he was totally shit, just overrated, and I totally agree.

This arguement is fucking stale though, its been debated over and over and now its just annoying.

The fact remains though, if you are a small market GM and you need to pick ONE player to build your franchise around and hopefully win you a ring, you would be a dumbass to pick Kobe over Duncan...
Umm, OK.

:lol

poop
12-25-2010, 07:33 AM
Butthurt.com right there. :wakeup

hahahahaha, Kobe has had teams jordan could only dream of.

LkrFan
12-25-2010, 07:48 AM
hahahahaha, Kobe has had teams jordan could only dream of.
72-10. Those ten losses were by a total of about 15 pts IIRC. They could have ran the table. No Bullshit.

Try again.

poop
12-25-2010, 07:51 AM
72-10. Those ten losses were by a total of about 15 pts IIRC. They could have ran the table. No Bullshit.

Try again.

name a single GM in the league who would have picked an aging Rodman over a prime Gasol/Bynum.

better luck next time

LkrFan
12-25-2010, 07:59 AM
name a single GM in the league who would have picked an aging Rodman over a prime Gasol/Bynum.

better luck next time
It depends...I'm sure MJ could have gotten anyone available in the league to replace Horace Grant. He chose Rodman because that MFer could check anyone without a double team. You say he was aging, but he was the best defensive PF of his time to go along with MJ and Pip being the best defensive players at their positions. So it wouldn't be so bad to pick Rodman over Gasol. Despite his offensive ineptness, they still scored plenty. But they absolutely locked people down.

Oh, and Bynum is only 23. He is at least 2 years away from his prime. :toast

poop
12-25-2010, 08:08 AM
It depends...I'm sure MJ could have gotten anyone available in the league to replace Horace Grant. He chose Rodman because that MFer could check anyone without a double team. You say he was aging, but he was the best defensive PF of his time to go along with MJ and Pip being the best defensive players at their positions. So it wouldn't be so bad to pick Rodman over Gasol. Despite his offensive ineptness, they still scored plenty. But they absolutely locked people down.

Oh, and Bynum is only 23. He is at least 2 years away from his prime. :toast

nice beating around the bush, NOBODY would pick an aging Rodman over a prime Gasol/Bynum combo.

keep trying to ignore the fact that Kobe has had the most stacked teams in the league since...well, the 1980's LA Lakers :rolleyes

LkrFan
12-25-2010, 08:14 AM
nice beating around the bush, NOBODY would pick an aging Rodman over a prime Gasol/Bynum combo.

keep trying to ignore the fact that Kobe has had the most stacked teams in the league since...well, the 1980's LA Lakers :rolleyes
Did you think Pau was this good when the Sp*rs were sweeping the Grizzlies in the playoffs? I'll answer that for you: No you didn't. Why? Because Kobe taught dude how to win. So think about it. Pau hasn't won jack shit without Kobe. With Kobe he is a 2-time champion (and counting). Pau is revered by you so much now that you would take him over a should be hall of fame Rodman. I guess there is a reason for that though*. If not for Rodman's off the court antics, he'd be enshrined by now.

With the way the Lakers can score, if you add Rodman to Kobe, Fish, LO, Bynum, we sweep through the entire playoffs 16-0, tbh.

*Rodman couldn't save David Robinson from getting shitted on by the Dream in 1994.

poop
12-25-2010, 08:34 AM
Did you think Pau was this good when the Sp*rs were sweeping the Grizzlies in the playoffs? I'll answer that for you: No you didn't. Why? Because Kobe taught dude how to win. So think about it. Pau hasn't won jack shit without Kobe. With Kobe he is a 2-time champion (and counting). Pau is revered by you so much now that you would take him over a should be hall of fame Rodman. I guess there is a reason for that though*. If not for Rodman's off the court antics, he'd be enshrined by now.

With the way the Lakers can score, if you add Rodman to Kobe, Fish, LO, Bynum, we sweep through the entire playoffs 16-0, tbh.

*Rodman couldn't save David Robinson from getting shitted on by the Dream in 1994.

LOL, Gasol was good but all by himself on your farm team.

the equivalent for us would have been...how would you guys have felt...if the Spurs had been able to trade Barry/Udoka for Dwayne Wade back in '08 and the Wade/Duncan combo then proceeded to rape you and the league the next 2 years?

that is what its like for the rest of the league when the LA Lakers 'traded' for a prime gasol :rolleyes

LkrFan
12-25-2010, 08:42 AM
LOL, Gasol was good but all by himself on your farm team.

the equivalent for us would have been...how would you guys have felt...if the Spurs had been able to trade Barry/Udoka for Dwayne Wade back in '08 and the Wade/Duncan combo then proceeded to rape you and the league the next 2 years?

that is what its like for the rest of the league when the LA Lakers 'traded' for a prime gasol :rolleyes
This post tells me a few things. One, DWhistle is > Manu in your mind because I'm presuming he would be the principle player in any trade to acquire him. Two, you are presuming that 2008 TD > 2008 Gasol. Three, you're forgetting that Kobe has always shitted on DWhistle.

All that said, if you have two players (Kobe/Pau) that are better than the other two players (TD/DWhistle), how in the fuck would you expect to win?

Gutter92
12-25-2010, 09:35 AM
All that said, if you have two players (Kobe/Pau) that are better than the other two players (TD/DWhistle), how in the fuck would you expect to win?

If I have two players that are better than the other two players...how do I expect to win? Did you just ask that?

LkrFan
12-25-2010, 09:50 AM
If I have two players that are better than the other two players...how do I expect to win? Did you just ask that?
OK, I'll rephrase it. I am highly doubting that Kobe/Pau would lose 4 games to a 2008 TD/DWhistle duo in a 7-game series. Part of that reason is because Kobe/Pau are better individually and the other reason is that you can see the chemistry between Kobe/Pau (>>80% winning since they were paired up is clear cut evidence). Who's to say TD/DWhistle would have the same chemistry?