PDA

View Full Version : Does Duncan talk trash on court?

Rapper
12-26-2010, 01:43 AM
Somehow,somewhere, sometime maybe~

But i am curious that if he did what would he usually say?

lefty
12-26-2010, 01:47 AM
He did thank Lebron for the 2007 title after the series, but that was off the court

However, everytime we faced the Suns in the playoffs, he would tell them "Nice to see you again " before every game 1

TwelveGs210
12-26-2010, 01:47 AM
Is this some kind of sick joke?

timtonymanu
12-26-2010, 01:51 AM
Is KG humble on the court?

Man In Black
12-26-2010, 02:21 AM
He once told Chris Paul to calm the f down!
8xPpIgKlBbo

ALVAREZ6
12-26-2010, 02:44 AM
lolz

DJ Mbenga
12-26-2010, 03:04 AM
dang beat me to it. the chris paul thing is all i remember. i think even before the .4 shot all he did was let my teamates hug me while i stand proud thing.

justinandimcool
12-26-2010, 03:11 AM
The only instance remotely close to trash talking that I've heard of is concerning Kevin Love on the Dan Patrick show, where Tim basically gave him a welcome to the NBA moment. I remember listening to the radio and Kevin said Tim basically told him there was nothing he could do about guarding his bank shot :lol

Here's the thread on it:

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116648

Danny.Zhu
12-26-2010, 03:25 AM
The only instance remotely close to trash talking that I've heard of is concerning Kevin Love on the Dan Patrick show, where Tim basically gave him a welcome to the NBA moment. I remember listening to the radio and Kevin said Tim basically told him there was nothing he could do about guarding his bank shot :lol

Here's the thread on it:

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116648

Funny story.

2pac
12-27-2010, 01:24 PM
Duncan talks some, but isn't that bad a trash talker. He says the little things that get into guys heads.

Kool Bob Love
12-27-2010, 01:26 PM
In before DUNCAN228

ginobilized
12-27-2010, 02:41 PM
I saw a game in Atlanta and he called Kevin Willis a pussy when he entered the game and they were lining up for a free throw. Everyone was laughing. Seems like TD has a very dry sense of humor.

ohmwrecker
12-27-2010, 03:45 PM
I saw a game in Atlanta and he called Kevin Willis a pussy when he entered the game and they were lining up for a free throw. Everyone was laughing. Seems like TD has a very dry sense of humor.

He is probably the only person to ever call Kevin Willis a pussy and live.

cheguevara
12-27-2010, 03:50 PM

Tim Duncan has a psychology major. Thank God he does not talk shit cause if he did, players would be permanently mentally damaged.

The first and only time Duncan talked shit, was to Joey Crawford and it almost cost Joey's career. And Joey is a ref! :wow

LoneStarState'sPride
12-27-2010, 04:08 PM
dang beat me to it. the chris paul thing is all i remember. i think even before the .4 shot all he did was let my teamates hug me while i stand proud thing.

Not that I like to relive this memory, but I do remember him saying that he was asking in disbelief if his fadeaway shot over Shaq actually went in. TD never even saw the ball go through the net.

Fucking BEAST.

GrandeDavid
12-27-2010, 04:18 PM
I sat right behind press row last night and saw Duncan miss a shot, glare briefly at the ref, run back on defense, look at the ref again as he bodied up him man and yelled so clearly and loudly "That was a foul!" It was kind of surprising how audible his complaint was, because you obviously rarely hear that stuff on TV, much less in the nosebleeds! So I know that he still complains, if you want to call that trash talk.

Spurs7794
12-27-2010, 04:34 PM
I sat right behind press row last night and saw Duncan miss a shot, glare briefly at the ref, run back on defense, look at the ref again as he bodied up him man and yelled so clearly and loudly "That was a foul!" It was kind of surprising how audible his complaint was, because you obviously rarely hear that stuff on TV, much less in the nosebleeds! So I know that he still complains, if you want to call that trash talk.

I dont know man, the last two home Spurs games on TV, i've heard TIm yell "thats a fucking foul" when he made a move. He's been cursing at the refs for the longest time. As for trashtalking, i remember a game in 2004 against SAC...apparently Brad Miller was saying some shit to Tim and Tim scored on him and back pedaled down the court while talking shit back to him.

DMC
12-27-2010, 05:07 PM
I hear Duncan scream all the time on TV "that was a fucking foul!"

TIMMYD!
12-27-2010, 06:01 PM

I've heard it a couple of times too, he also said it in the last game against Denver.

Libri
12-27-2010, 06:19 PM

I think he raised an eyebrow once. :lol

DMC
12-27-2010, 06:20 PM
http://pictureschat.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/karl-malone-and-tim-duncan.jpg

I think he was talking smack here and the Mailman brought one around.

birdy219
12-27-2010, 06:32 PM
While finishing a bank shot, he said, "Sorry, I had to school you."

ChuckD
12-27-2010, 06:39 PM
I dont know man, the last two home Spurs games on TV, i've heard TIm yell "thats a fucking foul" when he made a move. He's been cursing at the refs for the longest time. As for trashtalking, i remember a game in 2004 against SAC...apparently Brad Miller was saying some shit to Tim and Tim scored on him and back pedaled down the court while talking shit back to him.

I've heard it a couple of times too, he also said it in the last game against Denver.

He said that last night late in the 2nd quarter.

I heard him scream it at a lady who cut him off in the produce section of HEB.

DMC
12-27-2010, 06:41 PM
You quoted everyone just to make that joke? WOW.. way to go... you

ChuckD
12-27-2010, 06:53 PM
You quoted everyone just to make that joke? WOW.. way to go... you

Well, two posters had interjected before my post, so if I don't multi-quote, people might not get the reference. Sorry it didn't work for you. Maybe someone will post something you like, and you can forget all about it.

janetcn12
12-27-2010, 08:42 PM
Don't think so. He looks like a stoic fellow except for his eyes movement.

DieHardSpursFan1537
12-27-2010, 09:09 PM
Besides that Hornets video, I haven't seen any trash talk from Duncan.

TampaDude
12-27-2010, 09:52 PM
He once told Chris Paul to calm the f down!
8xPpIgKlBbo

Heh...Timmy was giving CP3 the serious hairy eyeball there. :lol

wontstartdumbthreads
12-28-2010, 01:13 AM
One of my favorite lines is Beck's "talkin trash to the garbage around you". Border line genius in the context of the music and song.

Budkin
12-28-2010, 03:02 AM
Everyone does at some point. I've seen him jawing at times.

ShoogarBear
12-28-2010, 03:29 AM
During time outs, on a couple of occasions he has discussed some of the new waste management technologies, specifically the school of thought that it is more effective to deal with waste as another resource to be recovered, and not as refuse to be disposed of. /The Onion

Spur|n|Austin
12-28-2010, 04:14 AM
Tim Duncan has a psychology major. Thank God he does not talk shit cause if he did, players would be permanently mentally damaged.

The first and only time Duncan talked shit, was to Joey Crawford and it almost cost Joey's career. And Joey is a ref! :wow

TDMVPDPOY
12-28-2010, 04:23 AM
td just like us go online hide behind a avatar and act all l33t

internet thug

UnWantedTheory
12-28-2010, 07:08 AM
I would hope at one time or another, he will or has. It is an emotional game. He would be a robot if he didn't.

TwAnKiEs
12-28-2010, 07:36 AM
I cannot remember, but didnt Brad Miller try to trash talk Tim one game in SAC and got destroyed only to have Tim tell him, never do that again?

:lol

ohmwrecker
12-28-2010, 11:25 AM
imagine him saying that whenever amy drags him to bed... :lol

Ugh . . . when is the holiday break over?

YoMamaIsCallin
12-28-2010, 11:39 AM

Well he's buds with Willis from when he was on the Spurs. I'm sure it was an inside joke.

Agloco
12-28-2010, 12:26 PM
imagine him saying that whenever amy drags him to bed... :lol

Ugh . . . when is the holiday break over?

:lol

+1

Pre-pubescent freaks.

ClingingMars
12-28-2010, 01:00 PM
He is probably the only person to ever call Kevin Willis a pussy and live.

It's okay, he got back at Duncan in his own way:

Tim Duncan, San Antonio Spurs: "I love you, man, but you cannot dress. He is jeans, boots, oversized shirt, very comfortable and laid-back. He said the guys convinced him to wear a suit to the game once, and he said he had the worst game of his career and now says he will never go to a game in a suit again."