PDA

View Full Version : after tonight we have a tough streak...

kobyz
12-26-2010, 08:47 AM
Tue 28 vs LA Lakers
Thu 30 @ Dallas
Sat 01 vs Oklahoma City
Tue 04 @ New York
Wed 05 @ Boston

after tonight we could be ahead of a five games losing streak!

Agloco
12-26-2010, 10:23 AM
Tue 28 vs LA Lakers
Thu 30 @ Dallas
Sat 01 vs Oklahoma City
Tue 04 @ New York
Wed 05 @ Boston

Last year I would agree with you. This year, we get at least 3 of those.

Arc
12-26-2010, 10:51 AM
we have some really tough back to backs this year.

ezau
12-26-2010, 11:07 AM
Lakers, New York, and Oklahoma are very winnable games. I also think that we have a very good chance of nipping the Mavs. The Boston game is going to be tough because it's the game after we play the New York Suns.

Johnny RIngo
12-26-2010, 11:39 AM
Is Hill going to be back for this stretch of games? We're really going to need him.

TVI
12-26-2010, 12:49 PM
Boston on the B2B will be murder, and Dallas always gets up for the Spurs, but 4 of those 5 are winnable games.

DMC
12-26-2010, 01:29 PM
Tue 28 vs LA Lakers
Thu 30 @ Dallas
Sat 01 vs Oklahoma City
Tue 04 @ New York
Wed 05 @ Boston

Well, how about we say that Dallas, OKC, New York and Boston have a tough match up coming with SA, instead of saying SA has a tough streak? Why are we always the suspects?

GrandeDavid
12-26-2010, 01:34 PM
Is Hill going to be back for this stretch of games? We're really going to need him.

Hill is due back on the floor tonight against Washington.

mingus
12-26-2010, 01:40 PM
I don't see us beating Boston, unless they are on the second night of a back to back as well. I could see us having a Magic like performance. The rest are gong to be close games. After this stretch well get to see how good SA is. If they're pretenders or contenders. They've had a cake schedule so far, and they're 1-2 agaisnt championship level teams.

alchemist
12-26-2010, 01:44 PM
as long as they're not b2b it's all good (minus the Boston one)

BlairForceDejuan
12-26-2010, 02:00 PM
It's about time. Hopefully the matadors decide to play some defense sometime soon.

xellos88330
12-26-2010, 02:23 PM
Spurs are going to win them all.

It is not our concern as fans about their schedule, it is the concern of the rest of the league to know when the Spurs are comin to town.

GO SPURS GO!!!!!

easy7
12-26-2010, 02:36 PM
They are all winnable games. I just hope that the Spurs don't give up by the second half in any of those games.

Rather.Unique
12-26-2010, 03:10 PM
The Boston game isn't as bad of a back to back as the game against ORL.

going from NYC to Boston is obviously much shorter travel time.
7:30 tip means wheels up for Boston by 11:15pm.
1 hour later its wheels down and in bed by 1am.

yes, we should be tired but not as tired as the ORL game since we had to obviously travel from SA to ORL so i expect the SPURS to grind it out and get a W in Boston.

crc21209
12-26-2010, 03:16 PM
I would have rather us played Boston first and then New York on the 2nd end of the back to back but whatever...fuckin' NBA....:lol

Blackjack
12-26-2010, 04:30 PM
I don't see us beating Boston, unless they are on the second night of a back to back as well. I could see us having a Magic like performance. The rest are gong to be close games. After this stretch well get to see how good SA is. If they're pretenders or contenders. They've had a cake schedule so far, and they're 1-2 against championship level teams.

I'm as skeptical and big picture as the next guy, but the Spurs haven't had a cakewalk schedule.

The Spurs are 12-3 against +.500 teams, only bettered by the Mavs 14-3.

And I'm not sure you can make anything of, pro or con, about the 1-2 record against supposed championship-caliber teams. I'm assuming you're counting the road win against the Jazz (without Sloan) and of the two losses, one looked extremely similar to their first loss of the season against NO (which they avenged) and the other was what I'd deem a scheduling loss, something every NBA team has 1-3 of a year.

I do agree that the upcoming schedule will provide a good measure of where the team currently is and how well they're playing. But I don't believe we'll know just how legit this team is afterwards, good or bad, because it's just still too early. If this was after the All-Star break, I'd be willing to put much more stock in the result -- but there's just too much volatility at the top of the league to say that the way the Spurs or the competition is playing now is the way they'll be playing three, four or five months from now.

Budkin
12-26-2010, 04:59 PM
@Dallas and @ Boston are the toughest of those games. Dallas being the most difficult.

silverblk mystix
12-26-2010, 05:11 PM
Nice jinx thread against the Wizards no less...

thanks

4>0rings
12-26-2010, 05:14 PM
W

l

w

w

l

DieHardSpursFan1537
12-26-2010, 05:16 PM
Lakers, New York, and Oklahoma are very winnable games. I also think that we have a very good chance of nipping the Mavs. The Boston game is going to be tough because it's the game after we play the New York Suns.
Exactly what I was thinking.:toast

DieHardSpursFan1537
12-26-2010, 05:17 PM
Oh hey, look. A b2b with Knicks and Celtics. Stern and the gang must be trying to make out schedule shit.

Kool Bob Love
12-26-2010, 06:27 PM
Can we atleast worry about tonights game?

stealthjbravo
12-26-2010, 06:43 PM
Tonight is a gimmie

Dex
12-26-2010, 06:54 PM
Damn grey spurfans need to grow a pair.

lefty
12-26-2010, 06:54 PM
Good test

Johnny RIngo
12-26-2010, 08:02 PM
With the way we're playing right now, we'd be fortunate to go 3-2 on this stretch.

ShoogarBear
12-26-2010, 08:13 PM
Hopefully a tough stretch will elevate their level of play.

Spurologist
12-26-2010, 09:10 PM
3-2

DMC
12-26-2010, 09:57 PM
For some reason I kept reading "tough steak"... I was thinking "why would the Spurs want a tough steak?"

Maybe it's because there's no such thing as a "tough streak". It's a tough stretch. A streak is either wins or losses.

JustinJDW
12-26-2010, 10:21 PM
New York and Oklahoma are games we should win, and honestly, we should beat L.A too. At home in front of our crowd, we should be able to beat any team in the NBA.

Dallas and Boston are obviously the ones that concern me. Trust me, I would love to sit here and say "We got Dallas", but honestly, we don't. They always get up for the Spurs and Dirk circles the Spurs on his schedule. I can only hope the Spurs remember Dallas as the team that ended their streak and slapped them around on their own homecourt, and will get up to give Dallas some pay back and kick some ass. I really hope so. But nobody should be shocked or even upset if we loose to arguably the 2nd best team in the league on the road.

As for Boston, that's probably a loss, haha. Don't get me wrong, I'm still going to get very pumped up for it, especially since my dad is a life long Celtics fan and we're gonna go crazy watching it together in the living room, but 2nd night of back-2-back, on the road, against the Celtics? Come on, we can't complain if that's a loss either.

But think about it, what if we can pull four of those five games? We should beat New York, Oklahoma and we should beat L.A, but what if we can win either Dallas or Boston? Wouldn't it be awesome if we ended that tough stretch with a 30-5 record? Wow.

DMC
12-26-2010, 10:49 PM
31-4 record would be better. I think we can beat all of these teams. Whether we do or not is up to other people though... sadly enough... I know you guys don't believe it but it's true... yep.

TampaDude
12-26-2010, 10:58 PM
My predictions...

Tue 28 vs LA Lakers W We'll beat the Lakers in SA.
Thu 30 @ Dallas L Mavs will take an early lead and hold on for the win.
Sat 01 vs Oklahoma City W Spurs win this one no problem.
Tue 04 @ New York W Amare will go off, but the Spurs edge the Knicks.
Wed 05 @ Boston L Celtics in Boston on a B2B? This is a loss.

3-2 over that stretch...not bad, considering the schedule. :hat

ivanfromwestwood
12-27-2010, 12:11 AM
if we win all five, should we be considered the early favorites?

OrEmuN
12-27-2010, 02:54 AM
if we win all five, should we be considered the early favorites?

No. We will neva be touted as fav with Lakers/Heats around.

Roger Freemason Jr.
12-27-2010, 04:42 AM
Hopefully a tough stretch will elevate their level of play.

You're very right. If we win, then fantastic, I'd be thrilled. but also, if they lose a few of those games, that usually boosts the Spurs. Plus, we know Pop is going to study the opposing teams, win or lose, and if we lose, we'll know the exact strategy to win next time.

So I'm hoping Pop knows how to diffuse Chandler on Thursday. I know the Wizards offense isn't worth a damn, but the Spurs defense tonight was fantastic in the second half, and if they can keep playing defense like that, this stretch won't yield disastrous results.

justinandimcool
12-27-2010, 04:54 AM
We'll beat the Lakers, they've been lethargic as of late and I don't see that changing.

We'll beat Dallas simply because I trust Pop's adjustments from last time, and hopefully the 3 point shooting isn't out of control.

We'll beat OKC because their D is bad.

We'll beat New York if we control the 3 point shooting, let Amare do the work.

Lose to Boston on a B2B.

4-1.

mingus
12-27-2010, 05:03 AM
I'm gonna say we win them all except Boston. Although if they don't have Rondo maybe they win.

UnWantedTheory
12-27-2010, 05:04 AM
3-2 or 4-1...at this point I think it more important to beat 2 out of the following three: LA, DAL, BOS. I obviously prefer to beat LA & DAL first & foremost, but losing to one & beating the Celts is ok by me...as stated before, we shall see what we are made of during this stretch.

Crickets
12-27-2010, 06:09 AM
All Losses bitches

Mark my words

anakha
12-27-2010, 06:11 AM
All Losses bitches

Mark my words

Just like your guarantee the Suns would sweep in '08, Louis?

Crickets
12-27-2010, 06:14 AM
Just like your guarantee the Suns would sweep in '08, Louis?

All losses

power ranger fan lmao

Crickets
12-27-2010, 06:15 AM
0-5

anakha
12-27-2010, 06:22 AM
All losses

power ranger fan lmao

You just outed yourself as Princess Pimp, Louis.

Granted, it wasn't exactly a well-kept secret, but...

Nope...my name is not louis and the Miami Heat has been my team forever.

lol rockets fan
lol suns fan
lol cavs fan
lol celtics fan

I saw your avatar pic sometime ago before registering i was just a lurker, thats why I assumed you are a power ranger fan...

lol Louis
lol Fast Dunk
lol Princess Pimp

Crickets
12-27-2010, 06:24 AM
I saw your avatar pic sometime ago before registering i was just a lurker, thats why I assumed you are a power ranger fan...

Crickets
12-27-2010, 06:27 AM
whatever makes your day dumbass...but my name is not louis

anakha
12-27-2010, 06:31 AM
whatever makes your day dumbass...but my name is not louis

Sure thing, Louis.

UnWantedTheory
12-27-2010, 06:43 AM
Oh Louis, Louis,...still whining Louis. Have you heard enough? I've had to listen to that, for centuries. Dont be afraid, I'm going to give you the choice I, never had.

mystargtr34
12-27-2010, 06:57 AM
I would happily take 3-2 in that stretch.

UnWantedTheory
12-27-2010, 07:08 AM
I would happily take 3-2 in that stretch.
Happily may not be the right word, but acceptable is.

Capt Bringdown
12-27-2010, 08:25 AM
I'm not very hopeful with the way we've been playing. 3 -2 would be pretty good.

The Lakers are pissed off, I think were gonna get a beatdown this next game.

tmtcsc
12-27-2010, 10:02 AM
The Lakers are going to blitz us. They've been humiliated at home twice and they will be treating the game as though its the playoffs.

We are struggling right (While still winning) now and our bigs are playing poorly. Tim needs to snap out of whatever funk he's in and step up. Blair is lost and Tiago is playing soft.

If they aren't careful, Odom, Artest and Gasol are going to have a field day and muscle us around.

I sincerely hope I'm wrong. I'd like nothing more than a W against the Lakers. We have the best record in the league but its not because we are the best team right now. Boston, Miami and Dallas all look better than us and the Lakers want to show they are still relevant.

ohmwrecker
12-27-2010, 10:16 AM
Hmmm . . . so, the consensus seems to be that the Lakers will win because they have been playing poorly and the Spurs will lose because they have been playing poorly . . .

nkdlunch
12-27-2010, 10:21 AM
Loss to Lakers
Win at Dallas
Beat OKC
Win at NY
Loss at Boston

xmas1997
12-27-2010, 10:34 AM
I just hope they beat the Lakers and especially the Mavs. I'm sick of reading the Mav trolls around here.

sa_butta
12-27-2010, 10:36 AM
This will be a tough strech and really give us an idea where this team really stands right now...We have been lucky to have a fairly easy schedule thus far...I think these are a good measuring stick for us...

tmtcsc
12-27-2010, 11:10 AM
Hmmm . . . so, the consensus seems to be that the Lakers will win because they have been playing poorly and the Spurs will lose because they have been playing poorly . . .

Almost right. I would think that the consensus would be, Lakers will win because the game will mean more to them and they have the personnel to exploit are weakest areas.

I'm hoping that the Spurs have been playing down to their competition and that the Orlando game was a foregone conclusion due to heavy legs.

But we've seen signs for a few games now that the Spurs were not looking so good. A loss won't be surprising at all. To beat the Lakers, the Spurs will have to rebound better and play better defense.

I just read this quote and I couldn't agree more with Pop. No wonder this guy is the best in the business:

"If our players look at it as a cushion, just mentally, that can become a quagmire (giggity giggity - couldn't resist)," he said Thursday. "You think you're in such good shape, subconsciously your energy level drops or your concentration drops, which leads to problems with execution and that sort of thing. I don't want to look at that at all. I want to more look at it as we haven't accomplished anything, because it's still the regular season, and we're still such an average-at-best defensive team.

"We've got to look at it like we've got a long way to go rather than talk about any kind of cushion with our record. I'd rather think we're lucky to have the record, and if we want to take advantage of the record we better get our ass together at the defensive end. Otherwise we've squandered what the basketball gods have given us so far."

TJastal
12-27-2010, 11:36 AM
Almost right. I would think that the consensus would be, Lakers will win because the game will mean more to them and they have the personnel to exploit are weakest areas.

I'm hoping that the Spurs have been playing down to their competition and that the Orlando game was a foregone conclusion due to heavy legs.

But we've seen signs for a few games now that the Spurs were not looking so good. A loss won't be surprising at all. To beat the Lakers, the Spurs will have to rebound better and play better defense.

I just read this quote and I couldn't agree more with Pop. No wonder this guy is the best in the business:

"If our players look at it as a cushion, just mentally, that can become a quagmire," he said Thursday. "You think you're in such good shape, subconsciously your energy level drops or your concentration drops, which leads to problems with execution and that sort of thing. I don't want to look at that at all. I want to more look at it as we haven't accomplished anything, because it's still the regular season, and we're still such an average-at-best defensive team.

"We've got to look at it like we've got a long way to go rather than talk about any kind of cushion with our record. I'd rather think we're lucky to have the record, and if we want to take advantage of the record we better get our ass together at the defensive end. Otherwise we've squandered what the basketball gods have given us so far."

Pop says need more defense.... but..but... I thought Agloco said the spurs could never be good at defense? This is so confusing.. :dizzy

ChuckD
12-27-2010, 12:16 PM
My predictions...

Tue 28 vs LA Lakers W We'll beat the Lakers in SA.
Thu 30 @ Dallas L Mavs will take an early lead and hold on for the win.
Sat 01 vs Oklahoma City W Spurs win this one no problem.
Tue 04 @ New York W Amare will go off, but the Spurs edge the Knicks.
Wed 05 @ Boston L Celtics in Boston on a B2B? This is a loss.

3-2 over that stretch...not bad, considering the schedule. :hat

That's what I was thinking. LA and OKC are middle tier WC teams right now, and NY is MUCH better on the road than at home this year (10-5/8-7). If we do drop the LA game, Pop will have them pissing fire against DAL and we'll take that instead.

ChuckD
12-27-2010, 12:19 PM

SpursTalk mentality.

rascal
12-27-2010, 12:22 PM
Well, how about we say that Dallas, OKC, New York and Boston have a tough match up coming with SA, instead of saying SA has a tough streak? Why are we always the suspects?

Because it is written from the Spurs point of view. As compared to the overall soft schedule to this point in the season this is a tough stretch of games for the Spurs.

rascal
12-27-2010, 12:29 PM
The spurs will lose all the games to the big front lines and win the others. So thats losses to LA, Dallas and Boston and wins against The Knicks and OKC.

2-3

Crickets
12-28-2010, 12:48 AM
0-5

wontstartdumbthreads
12-28-2010, 01:10 AM
Tonight had very tough steak in Port Aransas.

wontstartdumbthreads
12-28-2010, 01:21 AM
That doesn't sound good...

on another note, don't ever get beef in Memphis, TN...I went there in July 09, hungry, and tried it...their beef had the worst, rottenest, most disgusting flavor and smell ever, I had only eaten a few bites of the quarter pounder when I began to puke and puke all over the car for hours and made my ulfactory system and taste buds do nothing but smell and taste the "bad beef" for the next 2 weeks, no matter how hard I tried to get the taste out of my mouth the ensuing days. Seriously. It was that bad.

Holy f, I hear u. We went to Memphis and all we heard was go to Beale St. for the best BBQ in the world. It sucked.

wontstartdumbthreads
12-28-2010, 01:24 AM
Bad barbecue was bad.

My experience was with a "Quarter Pounder" hamburger.

How can u fuck up a QP? Ridiculous.

wontstartdumbthreads
12-28-2010, 01:29 AM
idk, it's called bad beef. however since then i've stuck to their chicken selects and dollar burgers.

WTF about the blatant ripoff of ChickFilA with the Southern Chicken Sandwich?

wontstartdumbthreads
12-28-2010, 01:30 AM
WTF about the blatant ripoff of ChickFilA with the Southern Chicken Sandwich?

That being said, it's tasty as hell.

wontstartdumbthreads
12-28-2010, 01:36 AM
Idk. Like a couple of dollars. All I know is at the end of a drinking binge, I can afford either the sandwich or a bj from Sequ's mom. I always go for the sandwich.

wontstartdumbthreads
12-28-2010, 01:43 AM
Good decision :toast when you can always get one from ducks's mom for free!

Idk Ducks.

wontstartdumbthreads
12-28-2010, 01:51 AM
the resident Manu hater.

crickets's mom charges one flea for a blowjob...

Omg. Your mom's coochie would earn infinite bjs.

wontstartdumbthreads
12-28-2010, 02:00 AM
??

What does my mother's vagina have to do with sucking dick?

Idk. I'm lost. You equalized the cost of a bj from someones mom with a flea. I was suggesting that with all the fleas living in your moms vag, you could buy an infinite amount of bjs. But I digress...

ShoogarBear
12-28-2010, 03:19 AM
This thread kinda went into a tough stretch.

UnWantedTheory
12-28-2010, 03:53 AM
This thread kinda went into a tough stretch.
That is putting it lightly.

jjktkk
12-28-2010, 04:14 AM
Thought I was on the NBA Forum for a sec. :lol

Chase_the_Bass
12-28-2010, 06:46 AM
OKC is playing on the end of a b2b

ducks
12-28-2010, 11:19 PM
started it on the right foot

in2deep
12-29-2010, 04:11 PM