PDA

View Full Version : I'm calling it now! WARNING! Conspiracy Content

disciple
12-26-2010, 10:41 AM
LeBron James and his Miami Heat team will now become the benefactors of favorable officiating because of his public comments that are undermining the players union and siding with management.

"LeBron James has embraced the villain role in a most unprecedented way, pushing away from his peers and aligning himself with David Stern, Dan Gilbert and the owners desperate to destroy the Players Association. He left the sport stunned on Christmas Eve, searching for an understanding of why he would go so far to undermine the union on the cusp of an apocalyptic collective bargaining brawl."

If there has ever been a shed of truth to any conspiracy theory in the NBA than David Stern will support the player that has publicly supported management in the best manner at his disposal . . . . . . . . . . slanting game results in that players favor.

If this doesn't happen then I will be the first to say "I was wrong".

I just don't think so.

The_Worlds_finest
12-26-2010, 10:58 AM
How many of the owners made their money through owning an nba team? I am not sure but I dont think any. Why are these players acting like they deserve anything more than what they already get? Just my two cents

The_Worlds_finest
12-26-2010, 11:04 AM
From what I gather the premise of the players wanting more money is the owners are not paying a fair wage(LOL fair wage) when compared to the owners overall wealth...

Mel_13
12-26-2010, 11:23 AM
How many of the owners made their money through owning an nba team? I am not sure but I dont think any. Why are these players acting like they deserve anything more than what they already get? Just my two cents

The players are quite satisfied with status quo, while the owners want a new agreement that will drastically reduce player compensation. The current agreement could stay in effect for one more season beyond this one, but the owners have already stated that they will exercise their option to end it a year early.

dbestpro
12-26-2010, 11:28 AM
LeBron James and his Miami Heat team will now become the benefactors of favorable officiating because of his public comments that are undermining the players union and siding with management.

Lebron will be a politician one day. He has no problem telling other people how much money they should make after he got his.

DMC
12-26-2010, 01:32 PM

"LeBron James has embraced the villain role in a most unprecedented way, pushing away from his peers and aligning himself with David Stern, Dan Gilbert and the owners desperate to destroy the Players Association. He left the sport stunned on Christmas Eve, searching for an understanding of why he would go so far to undermine the union on the cusp of an apocalyptic collective bargaining brawl."

If there has ever been a shed of truth to any conspiracy theory in the NBA than David Stern will support the player that has publicly supported management in the best manner at his disposal . . . . . . . . . . slanting game results in that players favor

If this doesn't happen then I will be the first to say "I was wrong".

I just don't think so.
Wow, after all these years, you are ready to admit you are wrong?

Hooks
12-26-2010, 04:27 PM
I was thinking about this the other day during the game lol, I was really surprised at LA not getting the calls they normally do. There were A LOT of times when I thought there was going to be a foul called on the Heat (LA players screaming=a foul is called 90% of the time) but that didn't happen.

disciple
12-26-2010, 04:34 PM
Wow, after all these years, you are ready to admit you are wrong?

Who in the world are you? Do I know you? You certainly don't know me to make such a statement.

DieHardSpursFan1537
12-26-2010, 05:19 PM
cool story brah

The_Worlds_finest
12-26-2010, 05:46 PM
The players are quite satisfied with status quo, while the owners want a new agreement that will drastically reduce player compensation. The current agreement could stay in effect for one more season beyond this one, but the owners have already stated that they will exercise their option to end it a year early.

Can you send a link with what the owners want.

DMC
12-26-2010, 05:50 PM
Who in the world are you? Do I know you? You certainly don't know me to make such a statement.
I could know you. It could be a conspiracy. Did you check your house for cameras or listening devices?

Mel_13
12-26-2010, 05:52 PM
Can you send a link with what the owners want.

As for the collective bargaining agreement, which expires this summer, Stern said Thursday that the league needs to rollback salaries $750-800 million. On Friday, Players Association executive director Billy Hunter released the following statement regarding collective bargaining:

The position expressed by the NBA [Thursday] is regretful, since in February 2010, the players unequivocally rejected the owners’ proposal which called for a hard cap, a 40 percent rollback in player salaries, unlimited expense deductions and the elimination of guaranteed contracts. The players and the union would prefer to work towards attaining a fair deal that addresses concerns raised by both sides and improves the game. But, if the owners maintain their position it will inevitably result in a lockout and the cancellation of part or all of the 2011-2012 season. The players and union will prepare accordingly.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/nuggets/2010/10/22/nba-commish-david-stern-talks-carmelo-anthony-cba-talks/

There's been plenty written on the subject, just google something like "NBA CBA negotiations".

greyforest
12-26-2010, 06:24 PM
fuck NBA and fuck stern for turning it in to pro wrestling.

The_Worlds_finest
12-26-2010, 07:13 PM
There's been written on the subject, just google something like "NBA CBA negotiations".

thanks bro. I'm being lazy I guess. 40% cut is huge.

diego
12-26-2010, 07:34 PM
IMO:

I don't believe the league is losing as much as they say they are, but definitely think there are teams really struggling to make money. In that sense, I think contraction would be good, and I think the logical thing for the players to say is "ok, you want to pay us less, so lets work less (play less games)"

on the other hand, i think that the league is bluffing on contraction and I dont think that is really on the table. I think the most important (for owners and to an extent fans) change they can make is to make it so no deal is fully guaranteed. I understand for the players that is probably what they are least willing to negotiate, but it just kills a team financially and competitively to have a 80M+ player that cant play, be it due to injury or psychosis. Now, I dont think it would be fair to have full unguaranteed deals either, but they should have percentages, timelines, and performance clauses that allow teams to cut their losses when a player they've invested in loses value.

disciple
12-26-2010, 11:26 PM
I could know you. It could be a conspiracy. Did you check your house for cameras or listening devices?

:lmao

Thanks for amusing me and making it clear at the same time.

Ace
12-27-2010, 12:21 AM
:lol Back away from the crack pipe

disciple
12-27-2010, 09:29 AM
:whine

senorglory
12-27-2010, 04:01 PM
IMO: "ok, you want to pay us less, so lets work less (play less games)"

As a fan, I'd go for this. (1) Eliminate back to backs from the regular season, and (2) shorten the playoffs by reverting early rounds to best of 5 rather than every round a best of 7.

mouse
12-27-2010, 04:03 PM
I will look into this..............................

kaji157
12-27-2010, 07:43 PM
i think it´s not the players wanting to earn more, but the owners wanting to pay less.

DMC
12-27-2010, 08:47 PM
fuck NBA and fuck stern for turning it in to pro wrestling.
Are you suggesting pro wrestling is rigged?

UnWantedTheory
12-27-2010, 09:05 PM
Bad idea.

Bad teams don't deserve chances to win by having a couple lucky games and then pushing their favored opponent down to the brink by only giving them 1 out.

UnWantedTheory
12-27-2010, 09:13 PM
Are you suggesting pro wrestling is rigged?
That is just pure BS. How dare he? We all know that wrestling has been proven real time & time again.

TampaDude
12-27-2010, 09:24 PM
That is just pure BS. How dare he? We all know that wrestling has been proven real time & time again.

Yeah, really...pro wrestling is the most honest and ethical sport on the planet. Shame on anyone who even insinuates that it's rigged.

The NBA, on the other hand...

UnWantedTheory
12-27-2010, 10:44 PM
Yeah, really...pro wrestling is the most honest and ethical sport on the planet. Shame on anyone who even insinuates that it's rigged.

The NBA, on the other hand...
I am so glad there are others that understand & see the light. We should make pamphlets & spread the word. What say you?

senorglory
12-28-2010, 02:23 AM
Bad idea.

Bad teams don't deserve chances to win by having a couple lucky games and then pushing their favored opponent down to the brink by only giving them 1 out.

I'm aware of this reasoning, but I don't remember this being an actual problem in the old days. Playoffs are way too long now.