PDA

View Full Version : BRHornet45's Top 16 Power Rankings as of 12/26

BRHornet45
12-26-2010, 11:43 PM
1. Miami Heat - steadily clicking together, if healthy best team in NBA

2. Dallas Mavericks - addition of Chandler has been huge

3. Boston Celtics - will fight with Heat for best team in East

4. Utah Jazz - always solid with favorable home schedule

5. Los Angeles Lakers - defending back to back champs will at least be in the WC finals

6. San Antonio Spurs - Manu can only do so much

7. Chicago Bulls - young, exciting, and steadily improving

8. Oklahoma City - Durant the free throw king and Westbrook

9. Orlando Magic - will fall even further next week

10. New Orleans Hornets - Paul starting to play like a King again

11. New York Knicks - will create a lot of noise, but will epically fail when it counts

12. Atlanta Hawks - $24,894,863, lol Joe Johnson's 2015 salary

13. Denver Nuggets- nothing without Melo and that clock is ticking

14. Indiana Pacers - another exciting team to watch, but will fail miserably

15. Portland Trail Blazers - injuries

16. Houston Rockets - sorry China

djohn2oo8
12-26-2010, 11:49 PM

5. Los Angeles Lakers - defending back to back champs will at least be in the WC finals

11. New York Knicks - will create a lot of noise, but will epically fail when it counts

OKC above Orlando? :lol

ElNono
12-26-2010, 11:51 PM
Pretty weak, IMO. Where are the Bucks and their superstar Boykins?
Are the NBA Hornets even making the playoffs this season?

BRHornet45
12-26-2010, 11:53 PM
Pretty weak, IMO. Where are the Bucks and their superstar Boykins?
Are the NBA Hornets even making the playoffs this season?

son not only will they make the playoffs, but they will also win 55 games as I predicted many months ago.

Dunc n Dave
12-26-2010, 11:54 PM

Decent list, but swap the Spurs and the Jazz. Hell, I don't mind the Spurs being ranked below the Lakers at this point, but the Spurs have beat the Jazz convincingly in Utah already. Put Lakers 4th, Spurs 5th, and Jazz 6th if you insist on trolling Spurs fans. Otherwise, good list.

BRHornet45
12-26-2010, 11:58 PM
son there is no trolling involved. why are you so sold on the Spurs as a legit team right now? of course they will be a threat, but they are not a team to be discussed when talking about elite title contenders. Like I mentioned in the post, Manu can only do so much. if he gets hurt or starts struggling, who is going to step up and score?

BlackSwordsMan
12-27-2010, 12:02 AM
At this point I'd put houston in front of the spurs.

djohn2oo8
12-27-2010, 12:07 AM
At this point I'd put houston in front of the spurs.

If we make the playoffs, I would like to see that matchup

Dunc n Dave
12-27-2010, 12:08 AM
son there is no trolling involved. why are you so sold on the Spurs as a legit team right now? of course they will be a threat, but they are not a team to be discussed when talking about elite title contenders. Like I mentioned in the post, Manu can only do so much. if he gets hurt or starts struggling, who is going to step up and score?

They are better than Utah, that's all I'm saying. I am not arguing they are better than Boston, Miami, Lakers, or even Dallas at this point (since they are 0-1 against them), but that still puts them as a Top 5 team.

As for who's gonna score, apparently you haven't watched George Hill play, or even Gary Neal in Hill's absences up until tonight. Let's not forget Parker and Duncan. Then there's Dick. All of those guys can create their own shots. The rest of the team are spot up jump shooters or garbage men (Blair).

ElNono
12-27-2010, 12:12 AM
If we make the playoffs, I would like to see that matchup

tbh, I prefer the Spurs to have an easy team like NOH in the first round, so they can be rested for the second round...

djohn2oo8
12-27-2010, 12:13 AM
tbh, I prefer the Spurs to have an easy team like NOH in the first round, so they can be rested for the second round...

:lol

mavs>spurs
12-27-2010, 12:31 AM

we have Udoka back which is enough an insurance. its pretty obvious someone just tries to overhype what manu does for us in order to magnify the paradox that spurs would suffer a lot when/if manu sucks/hurts. spurs will always find the proper guy to score by tactic, and they will get just fine whoever gets injured and misses some games.

Pelicans78
12-27-2010, 12:37 AM
1. Dallas
2. Celtics
3. Spurs
4. Heat
5. Lakers

u4lakers14
12-27-2010, 12:57 AM
spurs 6th? behind lakers? really?

Trainwreck2100
12-27-2010, 01:01 AM

solid list tbhimobbq

crc21209
12-27-2010, 01:44 AM
:lol Obvious troll post. Utah and LA ahead of the Spurs right now is clearly going with your "heart" not your "head" BR. It's OK. Don't be jealous. It's not our fault your team choked away its great start to the season....

j-money24
12-27-2010, 02:18 AM
1. Dallas
2. Celtics
3. Spurs
4. Heat
5. Lakers

+1
Even though the Lakers have a better record than the Magic, i might put the Magic ahead of the Lakers for now.

Roger Freemason Jr.
12-27-2010, 04:25 AM
If you're talking regular season, then your list has SOME validity. But if you're talking about in general, that list isn't realistic, especially since your not regarding the team as a playoff entity, which we know is a very different thing from a regular season entity. here's a realistic list considering those factors.

1.Lakers (They know what they're doing, they're two time champions)
2.Celtics (Their defense is uncanny in the league, & intense playoff mindset)
3.Spurs (Always shows true colors in playoffs, and now with a refined offensive line-up)
4.Mavericks (They're playoff mindset is weak, but it's a whole new season, and they're scary good)
5.Magic (People can forget how good this team is, don't let the standings fool you)
6.Heat (They've been playing very well, developing rapidly as a unit.)
7.Jazz (The Jazz have that fighting spirit, with the necessary talent, great team)
8.Bulls (When Noah comes back, that trio of Rose, Boozer, and Noah is incomparable)

that's enough. the knicks and the hornets are neck and neck for the 9th. but the Hornets are no doubt the team to put your money on if they meet in the finals( unlikely I know)

TDMVPDPOY
12-27-2010, 05:45 AM
lol magic so low man, after beatin celtics and spurs? gtfo

MiamiHeat
12-27-2010, 07:05 AM
Heat above Mavs even though we beat them twice??? gtfo br

Girasuck
12-27-2010, 10:59 AM
If you're talking regular season, then your list has SOME validity. But if you're talking about in general, that list isn't realistic, especially since your not regarding the team as a playoff entity, which we know is a very different thing from a regular season entity. here's a realistic list considering those factors.

1.Lakers (They know what they're doing, they're two time champions)
2.Celtics (Their defense is uncanny in the league, & intense playoff mindset)
3.Spurs (Always shows true colors in playoffs, and now with a refined offensive line-up)
4.Mavericks (They're playoff mindset is weak, but it's a whole new season, and they're scary good)
5.Magic (People can forget how good this team is, don't let the standings fool you)
6.Heat (They've been playing very well, developing rapidly as a unit.)
7.Jazz (The Jazz have that fighting spirit, with the necessary talent, great team)
8.Bulls (When Noah comes back, that trio of Rose, Boozer, and Noah is incomparable)

that's enough. the knicks and the hornets are neck and neck for the 9th. but the Hornets are no doubt the team to put your money on if they meet in the finals( unlikely I know)

Power Rankings are always based on what a team has done to this point, not a projection of what they'll be like in the playoffs. Going by that, I think BR's list is pretty solid. Only change I'd make is Spurs 4, Jazz 5, Lakers 6.

fevertrees
12-27-2010, 02:12 PM
Lakers have no business being in the top 10 unless they can beat a legit team with a winning record!

u4lakers14
12-27-2010, 03:36 PM
son not only will they make the playoffs, but they will also win 55 games as I predicted many months ago.

mathematics,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,get some

u4lakers14
12-27-2010, 03:38 PM
Lakers have no business being in the top 10 unless they can beat a legit team with a winning record!

championships,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,get some

cheguevara
12-27-2010, 03:40 PM
5. Magic

4. Spurs

3. Heat

2. Mavs

1. Celtics

u4lakers14
12-27-2010, 03:43 PM
lol, heat over spurs!!!!

you ppl crack me up

cheguevara
12-27-2010, 03:47 PM
that beatdown in LA took the Heat a couple of spots up. And dropped the lakers out of the top 5.

u4lakers14
12-27-2010, 03:48 PM
5. Magic

4. Spurs

3. Heat

2. Mavs

1. Celtics

its really not bad but,,,,,,,,

the celtics just lost to the team that the mavericks just beat, not to mention the mavs beat the celtics head to head, have had a tougher schedule, and beat every other team on your top 5 including the heat twice.

i would swap your one and two, and also swap your three and four.

u4lakers14
12-27-2010, 03:49 PM
and agree with dropping the lakers out of the top 5 (maybe even 7 or 8th)

cheguevara
12-27-2010, 03:53 PM
the celtics just lost to the team that the mavericks just beat, not to mention the mavs beat the celtics head to head, have had a tougher schedule, and beat every other team on your top 5 including the heat twice.

Celtics still have beaten tougher opponents and have had more injuries than anyone. Rondo, their starting PG and arguable 2nd best player has been out and they have been mauling teams.

Dallas got lucky cause they caught Orlando 2 games after the huge trade.

Trainwreck2100
12-27-2010, 03:53 PM
lol magic so low man, after beatin celtics and spurs? gtfo

the magic HAD to win those games the spurs and c's didn't

u4lakers14
12-27-2010, 04:00 PM
Celtics still have beaten tougher opponents and have had more injuries than anyone. Rondo, their starting PG and arguable 2nd best player has been out and they have been mauling teams.

Dallas got lucky cause they caught Orlando 2 games after the huge trade.

probably a good point about catching them right after the arenas trade.

but i think dallas has had the tougher schedule (4th hardest in the nba vs. 8th for the celtics.)

a good arguement for your side though is the celtics margin of victory, which has been about 4pts better than the mavs. also the celtics have had 4 more road games than the mavs.

they are very close really, and are the clear frontrunners (although i think the spurs best in league record shouldnt be ignored, but it seems like it is)

gaKNOW!blee
12-27-2010, 04:25 PM

lol what kind of reasoning is that? you can say that about every teams best player. fact is he's not hurt and he's not struggling.