PDA

View Full Version : Rockets exploring a Yao Ming trade

djohn2oo8
12-27-2010, 11:22 AM
With lure of insurance offering $8M discount on his expiring $17M salary, Houston exploring Yao Ming trade on several fronts, sources tell Y

http://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/19426201156190209

http://leadgraffiti.com/users_images/portfolio/poster-hell-yes-800.jpg

Venti Quattro
12-27-2010, 11:30 AM
Who is stupid to take on Yao's contract? Memphis? lolol

djohn2oo8
12-27-2010, 11:32 AM

Some teams exploring trade for Yao to re-sign him on short deal, or just get cap relief on his expiring deal, sources say. 2 minutes ago (http://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/19426735820902400) via web
http://twitter.com/wojyahoonba

Expiring deal, but I don't know why anyone would re-sign him

Kai
12-27-2010, 01:25 PM

Huge expiring contract and half of which is paid for by insurance. Doesn't sound too bad to some teams.

Indazone
12-28-2010, 12:30 AM
It clears cap space at the end of his contract at min. That's a hell of a lot of cap space that would clear. But why wouldn't the Rockets keep him for that cap space and buy a player next year.

djohn2oo8
12-28-2010, 12:32 AM
It clears cap space at the end of his contract at min. That's a hell of a lot of cap space that would clear. But why wouldn't the Rockets keep him for that cap space and buy a player next year.

So they can possibly get draft picks from a cash strapped team like Charlotte or Sacramento, or a player or 2 that can help now and in the future

DJ Mbenga
12-28-2010, 12:32 AM
but the rockets want young elite talent back. that just about kills it.

djohn2oo8
12-28-2010, 12:37 AM
but the rockets want young elite talent back. that just about kills it.

You could be right, but it doesn't necessarily kill the chances. That 8 million will immediately come off whatever team's books that trades for the contract. It's strictly about salary relief, and finding a decent starting center. For some odd reason, Morey has a hard on for Gortat, so the thinking here is if Nash really wants a trade, Nash/Gortat package maybe the target

Indazone
12-28-2010, 12:45 AM
I'm thinking CP3 and Okafor would be better from the quickly fading Hornets.

21_Blessings
12-28-2010, 12:50 AM
Memphis? lolol

I'd rather have Yaaouch than Thabeet at this point. Their fanbase would increase something to the nth power overnight.

skut_farkus
12-28-2010, 12:57 AM

:lmao

Indazone
12-28-2010, 12:58 AM
The only value Yao brings this year is his expiring contract. Even if he recovers and plays again, he will be a free agent so there's no point in keeping him. He'll get surgery, rehab and then reevaluate in 10-12 months. So if we can get something for his expiring contract, I'm all for it.

Later if someone else or the Rockets want to sign him, then they can do so for the Veterans min or slightly over. It would be nice if he came back, resigned with the Rockets and we were able to bring him off the bench to throw another big at teams like the Lakers.

21_Blessings
12-28-2010, 01:01 AM
Would be some funny shit if a team signed Yao and Oden. Play them each 8 minutes a game just to be safe.

DJ Mbenga
12-28-2010, 02:36 AM
The only value Yao brings this year is his expiring contract. Even if he recovers and plays again, he will be a free agent so there's no point in keeping him. He'll get surgery, rehab and then reevaluate in 10-12 months. So if we can get something for his expiring contract, I'm all for it.

Later if someone else or the Rockets want to sign him, then they can do so for the Veterans min or slightly over. It would be nice if he came back, resigned with the Rockets and we were able to bring him off the bench to throw another big at teams like the Lakers.

then that would probably be tampering.

anakha
12-28-2010, 03:38 AM
Phoenix's miracle workers might make it worth a gamble for the Suns.

IronMexican
12-28-2010, 03:40 AM

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

mavs>spurs
12-28-2010, 04:12 AM
u can only expect some "young elite talents" back when/if your offer contains a superstar of prime version like melo. an expiring contract is the only value he is and such a contract will only bring you some good but old talents like Caron Butler + Brendan Haywood. just financial relief for instant strength trade imho, unless they throw in some of own talents to spice up their offer. yao himself would be no more than a 17m worth of salary space meaning he doesn't count shit in regard of the game any more.

Koolaid_Man
12-28-2010, 08:47 AM
not gonna lie I'd trade Walton for Yao - straight up....the Rox would win in that trade cuz at least Walton can walk the floor...lol.....and to sweeten the deal I'd throw in Joe Smith...that's a forward and a big the Rox would get for a Laker Yao experiment.

pauls931
12-28-2010, 08:50 AM
Oh god, someone kill Sarver before he does something stupid again...

djohn2oo8
12-28-2010, 09:39 AM
Oh god, someone kill Sarver before he does something stupid again...

So far, the teams interested are Charlotte and Sacramento...But we need Sarver alive :lol

Agloco
12-28-2010, 04:36 PM
Huge expiring contract and half of which is paid for by insurance. Doesn't sound too bad to some teams.

Sooooo...... how would this work under the CBA? Could the Rockets trade for the full 17 million while their trade partner pays only 9 mil (AND gets an expiring)? I've got no idea here, just asking.

What a deal for a team looking to shed some salary quickly.

noob cake
12-28-2010, 05:46 PM
Sooooo...... how would this work under the CBA? Could the Rockets trade for the full 17 million while their trade partner pays only 9 mil (AND gets an expiring)? I've got no idea here, just asking.

What a deal for a team looking to shed some salary quickly.

Especially when he will ship along with Yao....a premier shooting point guard in the league, Aaron Brooks.

ElNono
12-28-2010, 05:49 PM
The Lakers farming team will probably pick it up, then move it to the Lakers for Barnes + tickets for the WCF...