PDA

View Full Version : Isn't this guy supposed to be running the country?

Cuppycake Gumdrop
12-27-2010, 05:16 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Obama-calls-Eagles-owner-to-congraulate-him-for-?urn=nfl-300632

seriously, I'm no Obama hater, but enough with the fucking sports shit. I don't wanna hear about our fucking president in more ESPN stories than on CNN. This country is in the shitter right now, STOP WATCHING FUCKING FOOTBALL AND BASKETBALL AND FIX THIS SHIT.

Fabbs
12-27-2010, 08:11 PM
Since the U.S. has a huge assed % people in prison and particularly black men this story goes way beyond sports and is related to the economy.
In the sense Obama is giving the Eagles props for giving employment to one such and maybe others in a position to do so can do the same.
Win-win for both employer and ex prison employee.

Get it?

balli
12-27-2010, 09:21 PM
STOP WATCHING FUCKING FOOTBALL AND BASKETBALL AND FIX THIS SHIT.
I was going to tell you to fuck off until I re-read that you weren't a traditional 'hater'. So I won't say that... But don't be a dumbass. He's a human being, not a fucking android or a magician. And he's allowed to retain his humanity by watching sports, if that's how he wants to.

Besides, per Fabbs blatant but well made point, the Vick story transcends sports.

Besides again, this country isn't near as 'in the shitter' as it was in late 2008 when almost every 401K in the nation was on the verge of completely evaporating along with plenty of personal savings accounts, and everybody was terrified. So appreciate that 'this shit' is a lot more fixed than you probably realized.

DarrinS
12-28-2010, 03:51 PM
I was going to tell you to fuck off until I re-read that you weren't a traditional 'hater'. So I won't say that... But don't be a dumbass. He's a human being, not a fucking android or a magician. And he's allowed to retain his humanity by watching sports, if that's how he wants to.

Besides, per Fabbs blatant but well made point, the Vick story transcends sports.

Besides again, this country isn't near as 'in the shitter' as it was in late 2008 when almost every 401K in the nation was on the verge of completely evaporating along with plenty of personal savings accounts, and everybody was terrified. So appreciate that 'this shit' is a lot more fixed than you probably realized.

:rolleyes

Evidently, there are 'traditional haters' and then there people like balli who wears these:

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd143/dsgraphics_photos/My%20Political/Kneepads.jpg

monosylab1k
12-28-2010, 04:15 PM
Since the U.S. has a huge assed % people in prison and particularly black men this story goes way beyond sports and is related to the economy.
In the sense Obama is giving the Eagles props for giving employment to one such and maybe others in a position to do so can do the same.
Win-win for both employer and ex prison employee.

Get it?

:lmao Really? So the leader of the free world needs to give props to the Eagles for signing one of the most physically gifted football players on earth, just because he was in jail? That's going to magically encourage American Airlines to hire Maurice The Crackhead to fly planes for them, just because the Eagles had the courage to hire Michael Vick?

Most NFL teams wouldn't hesitate to sign Osama Bin Laden to a contract if he could run a 4.3 in the 40.