PDA

View Full Version : Ipod help

gospursgojas
12-28-2010, 01:13 AM
Im probably the only 26 year old in the world that has never owned a iPod. Kinda missed the boat on mp3's and me and my wife are still using CD's.

Im gettin the wife an ipod touch for a late Christmas gift. Heres my plan: ipod touch, 100 dollar itune giftcard, car kit.

I've googled alot of my questions and have found different answers. I think most is bc through the years the way itunes and mp3 downloading works has changed.

Answers to any of these questions would be appreciated...

1. Amazon mp3 or iTunes? Other?

2. Can iTunes be played on a non-ipod mp3 player?

3. Are all iTunes DRM-free now?

Thanks....and if these are obvious questions, go ahead and make fun if ya like.

BlackSwordsMan
12-28-2010, 02:13 AM
You know you can download MP3's free, correct?

BlackSwordsMan
12-28-2010, 02:14 AM
I think I can send you an invite on demonoid if you wanna go the way of torrents.

Nathan Explosion
12-28-2010, 02:37 AM
iTunes works really well with the iPod for obvious reasons. I used to have a Sony Ericsson Walkman phone that I could drag and drop using iTunes. It didn't show in iTunes, but it wasn't difficult to work with. It worked for my Samsung Impression too. I have an 80g Classic that works great and has tons of stuff on it.

Finally, any music that is bought on iTunes (I've had to because I could not find it anywhere, torrents, file sharing, even was desperate enough to try Limewire), can be shared on multiple devices. It's not confined to one device anymore.

TinTin
12-28-2010, 02:54 AM
Is it too late to direct your attention towards the cowon s9?

PM5K
12-28-2010, 03:37 AM
How bout you just give me that Benny and I'll get her whatever music she wants.

mrsmaalox
12-28-2010, 01:29 PM
I used to have a Sony Ericsson Walkman phone......

Oh man, I had one too :) Wasn't it just the greatest phone? I LOVED mine so much, I used it until it fell apart, replaced it with iphone, but it still counts as my favorite phone ever ;)

gospursgojas
12-28-2010, 01:58 PM
Is it too late to direct your attention towards the cowon s9?

Goooo onnn...

ps thanks for the info guys

Nathan Explosion
12-28-2010, 02:05 PM
Oh man, I had one too :) Wasn't it just the greatest phone? I LOVED mine so much, I used it until it fell apart, replaced it with iphone, but it still counts as my favorite phone ever ;)

I liked it because it fit in the small pocket of my pants. However, it didn't have a regular headphone jack so I had to buy the special adapter. The adapters wore out quickly, but cost me like $5 total with s/h on Amazon, so it wasn't a big deal.

But yeah, I replaced mine with a Samsung Impression first, with bluetooth headphones, and then my iPhone.

Drachen
12-28-2010, 02:07 PM
Goooo onnn...

ps thanks for the info guys

I think I read about this Cowon S9 in an engadget gift buying guide. It seemed like an extremely capable, feature rich A/V player. I think it is about 200 bucks or so.

TinTin
12-28-2010, 06:10 PM
http://www.cowonglobal.com/product_wide/COWONS9/product_page_1.php

What kind of ipod are you buying and for what purpose? Most prefer itouch nowadays because of the aps but in terms of a a/v player, the s9 is very competent

BacktoBasics
12-29-2010, 02:59 PM
I've been trying to get a demonoid invite for some time now. If someone has one PM me.