PDA

View Full Version : Should a 62 year old man adopt a child?

CosmicCowboy
12-28-2010, 09:34 AM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1342092/Elton-John-David-Furnish-welcome-son-Zachary-help-surrogate-mother.html

You can tell everybody this is our son: Elton John and David Furnish welcome baby Zachary with help of a surrogate mother
By DAILY MAIL REPORTER
Last updated at 10:46 AM on 28th December 2010

Elton John and his civil partner David Furnish have announced they are proud parents to a healthy baby boy.
Zachary Jackson Levon Furnish-John weighed 7lb 15oz and was 22 inches long at birth.
He was born via a surrogate mother in California on Christmas Day.
'We are overwhelmed with happiness and joy at this very special moment,' Sir Elton and Furnish said in a joint statement.

Proud parents: Sir Elton John and David Furnish seen shopping in Beverly Hills last week. They are now parents to a healthy baby boy
'Zachary is healthy and doing really well, and we are very proud and happy parents.'
The couple made their surprise announcement to U.S. magazine Us, saying that out of respect for the surrogate mother's privacy they would not be disclosing any further information

Feeling broody: Elton with a child at a Ukrainian orphanage last year; his attempts to adopt the boy failed
Sir Elton, 62, married Furnish, 48, in 2005 after 12 years together.
Zachary is a first child for both.
His middle name Levon is the title of a song from Sir Elton's 1971 album Madman Across The Water.
While the surrogacy came as a surprise to fans of the couple, the pair have previously made their wish to become fathers known.
They first attempted to adopt an HIV positive child from the Ukraine last year, but were rejected because of Sir Elton's age and the fact that the country did not recognise civil marriages.
Sir Elton then made a commitment to support the boy and his brother financially.
He said after the failed adoption bid: 'David always wanted to adopt a child and I always said no because I am 62 and I think because of the travelling I do and the life I have, maybe it wouldn't be fair for the child.
'But having seen Lev today, I would love to adopt him. I don't know how we do that but he has stolen my heart.'
And in a further indicator that he was ready to finally settle down to fatherhood, Sir Elton announced his retirement from the music business last month, claiming he was too old to compete with the likes of Lady Gaga.

Drachen
12-28-2010, 09:57 AM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1342092/Elton-John-David-Furnish-welcome-son-Zachary-help-surrogate-mother.html

You can tell everybody this is our son: Elton John and David Furnish welcome baby Zachary with help of a surrogate mother
By DAILY MAIL REPORTER
Last updated at 10:46 AM on 28th December 2010

Elton John and his civil partner David Furnish have announced they are proud parents to a healthy baby boy.
Zachary Jackson Levon Furnish-John weighed 7lb 15oz and was 22 inches long at birth.
He was born via a surrogate mother in California on Christmas Day.
'We are overwhelmed with happiness and joy at this very special moment,' Sir Elton and Furnish said in a joint statement.

Proud parents: Sir Elton John and David Furnish seen shopping in Beverly Hills last week. They are now parents to a healthy baby boy
'Zachary is healthy and doing really well, and we are very proud and happy parents.'
The couple made their surprise announcement to U.S. magazine Us, saying that out of respect for the surrogate mother's privacy they would not be disclosing any further information

Feeling broody: Elton with a child at a Ukrainian orphanage last year; his attempts to adopt the boy failed
Sir Elton, 62, married Furnish, 48, in 2005 after 12 years together.
Zachary is a first child for both.
His middle name Levon is the title of a song from Sir Elton's 1971 album Madman Across The Water.
While the surrogacy came as a surprise to fans of the couple, the pair have previously made their wish to become fathers known.
They first attempted to adopt an HIV positive child from the Ukraine last year, but were rejected because of Sir Elton's age and the fact that the country did not recognise civil marriages.
Sir Elton then made a commitment to support the boy and his brother financially.
He said after the failed adoption bid: 'David always wanted to adopt a child and I always said no because I am 62 and I think because of the travelling I do and the life I have, maybe it wouldn't be fair for the child.
'But having seen Lev today, I would love to adopt him. I don't know how we do that but he has stolen my heart.'
And in a further indicator that he was ready to finally settle down to fatherhood, Sir Elton announced his retirement from the music business last month, claiming he was too old to compete with the likes of Lady Gaga.

I guess that as long as he has a partner who can keep up with the child, it should be ok. He will be 80 at the kid's HS graduation, but his husband will be only 66 which, while old for the parent of a high schooler, isn't completely abnormally old.

Trainwreck2100
12-28-2010, 09:58 AM
apparently the ukranians think that he should not

Viva Las Espuelas
12-28-2010, 11:07 AM
Eh, who cares. Once they're both worm food this baby will have allllll that money and doesn't that make one happy?

Venti Quattro
12-28-2010, 11:22 AM
That's creepy tbh

Po'Boy
12-28-2010, 11:29 AM
Who cares? Love is all that matters.

Venti Quattro
12-28-2010, 12:05 PM
Who cares? Love is all that matters.

...faithful and forever :lol

Mark in Austin
12-28-2010, 12:08 PM
:lol seriously weak trolling.

This is all about how OLD he is. Nothing else. No other reason to object except for him being OLD. How could a man that flamingly OLD adopt?

man on wire
12-28-2010, 12:43 PM
Why does one old fart care if another old fart adopts?

spursfan1000
12-28-2010, 12:51 PM
Damn.

mrsmaalox
12-28-2010, 01:12 PM
Sure, why not? Having the influence of a loving father for even a few years would be beneficial to any child. Elton John is capable of providing a very nice life for a child, whether he's around or not; certainly better than an orphanage could.

Plus older guys are fathering kids all the time: David Bowie (at 53), Mick Jagger (at 57), Michael Douglas (at 58), Rod Stewart (at 60), Paul McCartney (at 61), Eric Clapton (at 59), Pierre Trudeau (72), David Letterman (at 56), Larry King (at 65 and 66), Woody Allen (at 51), Warren Beatty (at 62), Dennis Quaid (50) and Jack Nicholson (at 53). Haven't heard of many people having a problem with it.

Adopting may also be a safer way to go as the children of older men are at higher risk for autism, schizophrenia and Down's.

Viva Las Espuelas
12-28-2010, 01:15 PM
damn. nice research team you got there :tu

CosmicCowboy
12-28-2010, 01:16 PM
Thats really working out for Michael Douglas...:p:

Gordon Gekko
12-28-2010, 01:18 PM

Yeah, it is. :tu

mrsmaalox
12-28-2010, 01:19 PM

And younger fathers die of cancer all the time too. So??

Viva Las Espuelas
12-28-2010, 01:20 PM
and car accidents and accidental electrocutions.

Viva Las Espuelas
12-28-2010, 01:42 PM
oh, and auto-eroticism gone wrong

CosmicCowboy
12-28-2010, 01:49 PM
oh, and auto-eroticism gone wrong

LOL, yeah, thats a big one statistically...:lol

CosmicCowboy
12-28-2010, 02:06 PM
And younger fathers die of cancer all the time too. So??

I already told you, even as much as I like makeup sex I am not going to argue with you...:lol

Cyrano
12-28-2010, 02:54 PM
You forgot James Doohan at age 80.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_BYX14125JUQ/RhFzUFKpB4I/AAAAAAAAA3I/GNA3y_sjJAY/s320/James_Doohan.jpg
"I'm GIVIN' it ALL I've GOT, Lass!"

Duff McCartney
12-28-2010, 02:59 PM
Oh I thought this thread was about you expanding your family.

mrsmaalox
12-28-2010, 03:31 PM
I already told you, even as much as I like makeup sex I am not going to argue with you...:lol

Dammit! Well you can't blame me for trying...

ploto
12-28-2010, 03:49 PM
If the woman giving birth wants him to adopt it, then yes, he should. It is no one else's business.

Cuppycake Gumdrop
12-28-2010, 11:46 PM
crofl, what CosmicCowboy says -

a 62 year old man

what CosmicCowboy means -

a couple of faggots

CosmicCowboy
12-29-2010, 11:27 AM
crofl, what CosmicCowboy says -

what CosmicCowboy means -

Damn homophobe...:p: