PDA

View Full Version : are you scared to face these mavs in the playoffs?

MavFan6488
12-28-2010, 12:44 PM
discuss.

Indazone
12-28-2010, 12:46 PM
discuss.

Will be very entertaining this year. Let the annual Mavs choke-a-thon begin. :)

spursfan1000
12-28-2010, 12:46 PM
They could give the Spurs a big challenge if they are completely healthy, but I dont think the Chokericks are capeable of beating the Spurs in a 7 game series. Sure they can go on long win streaks or beat contenders during the regular season, but the only thing that matter is what happens come playoff time. Within the last decade, the Mavericks have had a chokefest, but its a new decade so we will see what happens.

Rummpd
12-28-2010, 01:07 PM
The Mavs are going to do the biggest fail of all time as they will be the NBA team this year to get closest to the Bulls record then lose in the first round again. Mark it down.

Phillip
12-28-2010, 01:08 PM
The Mavs are going to do the biggest fail of all time as they will be the NBA team this year to get closest to the Bulls record then lose in the first round again. Mark it down.

LMAO

thats a new one! LMAO LMAO LMAO

tdunk21
12-28-2010, 01:09 PM
:lmao

ChuckD
12-28-2010, 01:17 PM
It's...the playoffs.

Mavs + High Seed = Disaster.

Roddy Beaubois
12-28-2010, 01:19 PM
It's...the playoffs.

And the Mavs have never beaten the Spurs in the playoffs?

#41 Shoot Em Up
Be lucky to win 1 in a 7 game series against the mighty Spurs

Roddy Beaubois
nice edit tbh.

FalleNxWiZarDx
12-28-2010, 01:26 PM
Dallas will be tuff.... im scard :\

#41 Shoot Em Up
12-28-2010, 01:40 PM
Dallas will be tuff.... im scard :\

I really feel bad for you

Cry Havoc
12-28-2010, 01:50 PM
The Mavs will be a frightening team if and when they get a player who can be a legitimate #2 option in the playoffs. Right now they have Dirk and no one else who's going to step up in crunch time. Kidd is too old, and although he's playing very well, he can't shoulder a scoring load in the playoffs. Butler is a great #3 option, but gets shut down as the #2. Marion can't create his own shot. Chandler is good, just not reliable on offense.

Mavs need to make a move to get a 2nd go-to guy for when Dirk's shot is slightly off, or he's sitting on the bench.

Roddy Beaubois
12-28-2010, 01:54 PM
The Mavs will be a frightening team if and when they get a player who can be a legitimate #2 option in the playoffs. Right now they have Dirk and no one else who's going to step up in crunch time. Kidd is too old, and although he's playing very well, he can't shoulder a scoring load in the playoffs. Butler is a great #3 option, but gets shut down as the #2. Marion can't create his own shot. Chandler is good, just not reliable on offense.

Mavs need to make a move to get a 2nd go-to guy for when Dirk's shot is slightly off, or he's sitting on the bench.

tbh I don't see a realistic trade out there thats gets that #2. Our only hope is that Terry doesn't disappear in the playoffs like he has these last few years, Caron can step up and be a efficient scorer and/or Roddy comes back and gives us a steady scorer. I think we at least need two of those things to happen if the Mavs are gonna got deep in the playoffs, and I don't have too much confidence that they will. And although our defense has improved, our perimeter D is still lacking with JJ and Terry getting heavy minutes.

Cry Havoc
12-28-2010, 02:03 PM
tbh I don't see a realistic trade out there thats gets that #2. Our only hope is that Terry doesn't disappear in the playoffs like he has these last few years, Caron can step up and be a efficient scorer and/or Roddy comes back and gives us a steady scorer. I think we at least need two of those things to happen if the Mavs are gonna got deep in the playoffs, and I don't have too much confidence that they will. And although our defense has improved, our perimeter D is still lacking with JJ and Terry getting heavy minutes.

The reason I can't see this happening is that every player you described seems relatively one dimensional.

Terry is a set shooter, to say nothing of the fact that he's beyond useless if his three isn't going down, which is usually isn't for 5 games out of the 7 game set. Marion is a set shooter or gets buckets in transition. Caron is great at getting to the rim but lacks reliability from outside. Beaubois is a wild card, but I can't see him making the difference.

Compare that to the Spurs, who have not only Parker and Manu, who can both hit outside, or drive in and create contact while getting to the line, but Hill, who is also extremely quick and has a decent mid-range jumper. Hill usually gets hot from 3 for a game or two during a given series as well.

All of this further underscores just how lethal Dirk is, though. I swear they get the stats wrong because every time I watch him play he shoots 90% from the field. I can't even remember his misses. It's crazy. If you put Dirk on a great defensive team like Boston it would be absolute murder, even if they didn't have KG.

rickross
12-28-2010, 02:11 PM
mavs got upset as the 1st seed with hc , as da 2nd seed, as the 3rd seed and as da 4th seed.

Need I say more?

Roddy Beaubois
12-28-2010, 02:13 PM
The reason I can't see this happening is that every player you described seems relatively one dimensional.

Terry is a set shooter, to say nothing of the fact that he's beyond useless if his three isn't going down, which is usually isn't for 5 games out of the 7 game set. Marion is a set shooter or gets buckets in transition. Caron is great at getting to the rim but lacks reliability from outside. Beaubois is a wild card, but I can't see him making the difference.

Compare that to the Spurs, who have not only Parker and Manu, who can both hit outside, or drive in and create contact while getting to the line, but Hill, who is also extremely quick and has a decent mid-range jumper.

The book is out on how to stop Terry in the playoffs. They trap him off screens and don't allow him to get into a rhythm (which is something Terry relies on). Terry does admit that hes been awful his last two series and says it haunts him, but I think its beyond his control. The less we rely on Terry the better.

Caron has actually been working on his jumper, and it looks much improved this year. He still has way too many step back J's, but if you leave him open from three, he can knock it down at a good rate. Hes shooting 45% from three this year. You say "Caron is great at getting to the rim" but in reality he doesn't do it near enough. When he does, the Mavs look unstoppable.

Roddy has an all-around game. He has a great three point and midrange shot, and he can get to the rim with ease. Its starting to sound like he won't get back until late-january, or maybe until the all-star break, which means he might not ever get into a rythem. For a player that relies so much on athleticism, he needs his foot to be 100%. If he can get healthy and to where he was playing last year (but with more experience) I can see him making a difference.

Shank
12-28-2010, 02:20 PM
Considering all the lol and butthurt threads from Spurfan after last night's win and recent events, the answer is yes.

Trainwreck2100
12-28-2010, 02:21 PM
If french allah, can be a legit #2 than maybe but so long as they go to Terry in the 4th then no. I only bring up french dali llama because he's the only guy i think can be good enough to make his own shot.

Fpoonsie
12-28-2010, 02:28 PM
Of course. And, surprisingly, Mav fan seems to be pretty hush-hush on one of their break-out players this year. If Stephenson keeps playing at this same level, the Mavs are gonna be an even tougher out.

ohmwrecker
12-28-2010, 02:29 PM
Which 4 quivering vaginas said they were scared?

Trainwreck2100
12-28-2010, 02:32 PM
Of course. And, surprisingly, Mav fan seems to be pretty hush-hush on one of their break-out players this year. If Stephenson keeps playing at this same level, the Mavs are gonna be an even tougher out.

he won't

Shank
12-28-2010, 02:37 PM
he won't

But all of the surprising players from the Spurs will? Neal, namely?

Fpoonsie
12-28-2010, 02:37 PM
he won't

Well, that's the hope, isn't it?

Ya know, I've seen 6 Mavs v. Spurs games. 1 in SA, 5 in DAL. I have YET to see the Spurs win against the Mavs in person, BUT...I keep buying a ticket each time they come to the AAC because I assume that the law of averages will eventually kick in and I'll be treated to a Spurs win IN Dallas and all my Spur fan theatrics mid-game won't be in vain.

Same goes for the Mavs playoff woes, imo. We keep assuming that they're gonna "choke", that their players outside a' Dirk will flame out come the postseason, but one has to be weary of the law of averages that sports fans cling so desperately to.

Trainwreck2100
12-28-2010, 02:43 PM
Well, that's the hope, isn't it?

Ya know, I've seen 6 Mavs v. Spurs games. 1 in SA, 5 in DAL. I have YET to see the Spurs win against the Mavs in person, BUT...I keep buying a ticket each time they come to the AAC because I assume that the law of averages will eventually kick in and I'll be treated to a Spurs win IN Dallas and all my Spur fan theatrics mid-game won't be in vain.

Same goes for the Mavs playoff woes, imo. We keep assuming that they're gonna "choke", that their players outside a' Dirk will flame out come the postseason, but one has to be weary of the law of averages that sports fans cling so desperately to.
Hey i sat sat through 2 Spurs losses to the mavs in the playoffs at home but was rewarded with being in the stands when they finally sent those mavs fucks(the fans not the players) home with an L, As for stevenson what part of this screams success
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_nG-qveSpwas/SsOHVYb-0LI/AAAAAAAAAQ0/Ks9M_gwVnh4/s400/deshawn_stevenson_tattoo_1.jpg

Trainwreck2100
12-28-2010, 02:44 PM
But all of the surprising players from the Spurs will? Neal, namely?

George Hill will once again bukake the mavs only to most likely once again fade in the next round. Mav fan should know once a player flukey owns your team its for life.

nkdlunch
12-28-2010, 02:49 PM
I'm not sure if the Spurs could beat the mavs in the playoffs. But I am 110% sure facing the mavs in the playoffs does not scare anyone.

Phillip
12-28-2010, 03:00 PM
you are 110% scared

Trainwreck2100
12-28-2010, 03:01 PM
i'm 110% sure we heard this shit before

nkdlunch
12-28-2010, 03:04 PM
you are 110% scared

not really. Not only did the Spurs bounce the Mavs out in the 1st round last year, but the mavs have a history of failing in the playoffs.

Phillip
12-28-2010, 03:09 PM
not really. Not only did the Spurs bounce the Mavs out in the 1st round last year, but the mavs have a history of failing in the playoffs.

yes, im sure what happened in years like 2007, 2006, and such have a lot of relevance to this years team. you are very intelligent. :toast

sefant77
12-28-2010, 03:14 PM
0 rings :rollin

2006 :rollin

2007 :rollin

a PF playing like a SG :rollin

Cuban :rollin

Agloco
12-28-2010, 03:33 PM
discuss.

Depends on the Mavs really. If they go into playoff mode, then all is well. If they stay in regular season mode, it's all over for the rest of the league.