PDA

View Full Version : Tony Parker This Season

RodNIc91
12-28-2010, 03:18 PM
Tony is one of my favorite players. He is the reason I became a spurs fan. Im happy he's having a careers season and Im glad hes back to his slashing ways that have always characterized him. Even like Timvp said earlier he is now using the spin move more often. Im impressed with his efficiency, his control of the game knowing when to score and when to pass, and most of all his defense. Theres only one concern and I would appreciate if someone could back this up maybe with advanced statistics. Has his midrange j slipped a little? IIRC, back in his all-nba season it was being deadly. The 55 point-effort in minnesota, the torching of Atlanta, his games against Dallas. Now it seems he has become less confident in it. Plus, even his killer instinct developed a lot in that season. He was being very clutch. Is that because his role this season? Anyway. Go spurs Go.

spursfan09
12-28-2010, 03:40 PM
Tony is one of my favorite players. He is the reason I became a spurs fan. Im happy he's having a careers season and Im glad hes back to his slashing ways that have always characterized him. Even like Timvp said earlier he is now using the spin move more often. Im impressed with his efficiency, his control of the game knowing when to score and when to pass, and most of all his defense. Theres only one concern and I would appreciate if someone could back this up maybe with advanced statistics. Has his midrange j slipped a little? IIRC, back in his all-nba season it was being deadly. The 55 point-effort in minnesota, the torching of Atlanta, his games against Dallas. Now it seems he has become less confident in it. Plus, even his killer instinct developed a lot in that season. He was being very clutch. Is that because his role this season? Anyway. Go spurs Go.

For whatever reason his midrange jumper is something that comes and go...

LoneStarState'sPride
12-28-2010, 04:22 PM

When that jumper is falling, though, God help the poor fool tasked with guarding him.

Dex
12-28-2010, 04:40 PM

Yeah, he was making good progress before his injuries last year, but Parker's jumper has been as unreliable as ever since his hot streak in 2008.

LaMarcus Bryant
12-28-2010, 05:05 PM
I have been disappointed with Parker's jump shot inconsistency this year. I figured he'd be coming around much better than this by now.

Muser
12-28-2010, 05:14 PM
Parkers jumper hasn't been that bad, good enough to keep the defender honest.

LaMarcus Bryant
12-28-2010, 05:15 PM
It's a shame its been two seasons since his jumper was solid.

DMC
12-28-2010, 05:45 PM
His jumper isn't a go to weapon as much any more, probably because the perimeter guys are all good shooters these days. I am not sure if he still works on his shot with Chip, but the big turn around in his game came after a summer of working with him to get his midrange and outside shot mechanics worked out.

I still think he's got a good jumper, but his drive to the basket is deadly.

Dex
12-28-2010, 06:26 PM
Parkers jumper hasn't been that bad, good enough to keep the defender honest.

The smart teams will sag into the lane and make him shoot that shot, especially in the playoffs. If he can hit it enough to draw them back out, then he's fine. If he can't, then we are in trouble.

spursfaninla
12-28-2010, 06:35 PM
TP's effective jump shot (not in the "close" range) according to 82games.com is 45%. That is pretty good.

He is shooting jump shots 59% of the time, and shooting close the rest of the time, shooting close shots at 62%, for an overall effective shooting percentage of 52%.

I will take that every day.