PDA

View Full Version : Blair Can't Play Against Big Frontcourts

Whisky Dog
12-28-2010, 10:59 PM
17 and 15 say hello.

JR21
12-29-2010, 12:57 AM
http://www.nba.com/video/games/spurs/2010/12/28/0021000460_lal_sas_recap.nba/

Blair Interview with the Ernie Johnson after the game.

spursfan1000
12-29-2010, 01:27 AM
I would still much rather have Mcdyess start.

ElNono
12-29-2010, 01:29 AM
Consistency is the keyword here. He had a 20-20 against Boston too IIRC, but those games are the exception not the rule.

Vito Corleone
12-29-2010, 01:31 AM
Great game by Blair, but that was just one game, need to see more of that against other big front lines to lose the stigmatism.

TE
12-29-2010, 01:51 AM
Just got to have consistency, if he has that, he's a for sure keeper.

TD 21
12-29-2010, 02:20 AM
One game doesn't prove otherwise.

But it was extremely encouraging. The thing I loved most about Bonner's and Blair's game tonight was their confidence. Bonner especially. He knows he belongs now, whereas before he had the mannerisms of someone who felt out of place. As for Blair, he just would not be denied. Didn't care that he was most likely due for limited minutes, didn't care if those three guys were 8 feet tall, just decided he was going to get the damn ball, one way or another.

LaMarcus Bryant
12-29-2010, 02:39 AM
My main question is: Why the fuck can't he be more consistent? He's had way too many non-impact game for my tastes. But props to tha Grizz Bear. He tore away the Lakers desire to play tonight.

ShoogarBear
12-29-2010, 02:43 AM
I think it was a bit of, if not a fluke, certainly unforeseen productivity from him.

But DeJuan Blair is not going to be the best big man on the floor in a seven-game Spurs-Lakers series.

However, a lot of people who have been shitting on Blair all year need to man up and give props to him this time.

LaMarcus Bryant
12-29-2010, 02:50 AM
I think it was a bit of, if not a fluke, certainly unforeseen productivity from him.

But DeJuan Blair is not going to be the best big man on the floor in a seven-game Spurs-Lakers series.

However, a lot of people who have been shitting on Blair all year need to man up and give props to him this time.

Tonight's performance has led many to believe Blair, along with others, can all combine to provide a swarming perimeter defense that can make the Lakers TO-prone and take low percentage shots. I hope this can at least be expected in a 7 game series.

SenorSpur
12-29-2010, 02:53 AM
I saw it with my own eyes and I STILL can't believe Blair had that type of success - even for one game versus THIS team. I still don't know how he did it. This wasn't OKC or the MAVS. This was THE Fakers. It was incredible.

As others have stated, it was only one game. He does need to string together a more consistent stretch of performances. They don't have to be 17 and 15 necessarily, but if he can simply be a factor defensively, rebounding and shot-making, his value to the squad will skyrocket.

For now, I give him his props. We all knew the kid has a big heart and a mountain of desire. I hope this will be a springboard game for him.

Cessation
12-29-2010, 03:03 AM
17 and 15 against the defending champs front court is very impressive. It was pretty funny to see him guard bynum, the dude was just towering over him. Blairs good games against quality bigs can be counted on the fingers of one hand, but lets hope this is a breakthrough he needs to play better the rest of the season.

mathbzh
12-29-2010, 03:11 AM
My main question is: Why the fuck can't he be more consistent? He's had way too many non-impact game for my tastes. But props to tha Grizz Bear. He tore away the Lakers desire to play tonight.

I remember a coach saying something like "when you are 6'7 and surrounded by 7 footers, you compensate with athletism, quickness, heart..." but at the end of the tournament you run out of gas and the guys out there are still 7 footers".

I guess DB can't just take care of business when he is tired, not motivated enough...

DMC
12-31-2010, 01:37 PM
Since cherry picking Blair homers drag these up on those rare occasions their statements hold true, I thought I would drag this one up to show that Blair indeed doesn't play well against bigger front courts. Blair was awful against the Mavs. Then again, so were many others.

Don't drink the Blair Koolaid just yet. He's got potential, but a lot of his "monster" game stuff is out of control play that leads to foul trouble and turnovers. Then again, I recall a young Argentine who had the same M.O.

WeNeedLength
12-31-2010, 01:58 PM
It was definitely an exception. I wish when he is pulled so fast from the game that he would throw Splitter in there, at least just for fun to see what happens for a few minutes. Ah well, best record in the NBA. Suck it Mavs and Fakers. :lol

100%duncan
12-31-2010, 01:59 PM
well not today 4 pts 1 reb

Cessation
12-31-2010, 02:20 PM
lol blair homers, back to reality

Whisky Dog
12-31-2010, 02:41 PM
Blair's not TD in his prime. He's not a superstar and he's not going to bat .1000. He's shown he can produce against all sorts of teams, and games he's not doing well you go another direction. Pretty simple.

The premise was that he can't play against big lineups which he's shown that he can.

Refocus
12-31-2010, 04:14 PM
well not today 4 pts 1 reb

Honestly he probably does the worst on bigs that spread the floor. Oh well.

Sofaking
12-31-2010, 04:22 PM
He only played 12 mins :lol. I knew this thread was gonna be made, subliminal against me. Anyways 12mins>>>DNP. I do not expect Blair to produce those numbers regularly but like some analyst on NBA tv said, the spurs play basketball. On any given night, Anyone can be the leading scorer. Blair, Splitter, Dice, Bonner are situational players, regardless of whose starting. Pop will play one or the other when he feels their skillset matches the mood of the game.

So when Blair has another big game....Can I make another thread? Cause it seems like Blair closet haters cant wait to bang on the negative

DMC
12-31-2010, 07:11 PM
Blair's not TD in his prime. He's not a superstar and he's not going to bat .1000. He's shown he can produce against all sorts of teams, and games he's not doing well you go another direction. Pretty simple.

The premise was that he can't play against big lineups which he's shown that he can.

He's also shown that he can't. It's up to the viewer to decide which is true.

DMC
12-31-2010, 07:12 PM
He only played 12 mins :lol. I knew this thread was gonna be made, subliminal against me. Anyways 12mins>>>DNP. I do not expect Blair to produce those numbers regularly but like some analyst on NBA tv said, the spurs play basketball. On any given night, Anyone can be the leading scorer. Blair, Splitter, Dice, Bonner are situational players, regardless of whose starting. Pop will play one or the other when he feels their skillset matches the mood of the game.

So when Blair has another big game....Can I make another thread? Cause it seems like Blair closet haters cant wait to bang on the negative

Why don't you go ahead and make one, then update it every game with the results. Why wait for his "big game"?

Every pro will have a big game if they play enough.

mavs>spurs
12-31-2010, 07:54 PM
playing against soft PFs blair always looks a smaller version of prime shaq. dirk missed the game last night so it seemed we didn't need to use him too much. just let tim play a bit longer and have fun curbstomping brian cardinal

DMC
01-01-2011, 12:26 AM
It's not Cardinal you have to worry about, but Tyson Chandler. Blair would be in foul trouble by the end of the 1st.

siraulo23
01-01-2011, 12:53 AM
shit blair hasnt been consistent all year long so far
everytime he has a big game, on his postgame interviews he always says "just gotta be consistent" then the next game he lays an egg

100%duncan
01-01-2011, 12:57 AM
Honestly he probably does the worst on bigs that spread the floor. Oh well.

Mav's bigs aren't really spreading the floor except for dirk which was out

quentin_compson
01-01-2011, 06:20 AM
Mav's bigs aren't really spreading the floor except for dirk which was out

Brian Cardinal was 3-3 from downtown.