PDA

View Full Version : Can we beat the mavs next game.........and in the playoffs?

Rapper
12-29-2010, 06:00 AM
Certainly we can

Facing the top scorer in the league, Dirk Nowitzki who carries the mavs every single night ,whose team's record in the season is just second to the spurs. man i don't know why,i always think that the mavs are the biggest threat for us no matter in the regular seasons or playoffs, which means the mavs are the only team who are able to beat us, wait ,hold on! hold on! will Dirk miss the game? :wow

http://hiphotos.baidu.com/forestraymond/pic/item/1fd14423ad7ff14a9922ed72.jpg

AidanNelson2009
12-29-2010, 06:48 AM
To be honest, the game against the Mav's is going to be extremly difficult, and although i'm hopeing for a win, i don't think it will happen, it's at thier stadium and they are a strong team, but so are we so anything can happen really. As for the play-offs, i think we can beat them, we are a championship team.

Rummpd
12-29-2010, 08:20 AM
Spurs 110 Mavs 95 and yes to the other question.

tdunk21
12-29-2010, 08:25 AM
if dirk isnt playing, then spurs get an easy win....if he is playing then its a toss up and can go either way.....

sa_butta
12-29-2010, 09:21 AM
As long as Dirk is in they have a chance to win...They key is taking advantage when he is not in the game...

spurspokesman
12-29-2010, 10:04 AM
If Tim can find a rythym and the bench plays like they have been I see a W:hat

Budkin
12-29-2010, 02:46 PM
It's really difficult for us to win in Dallas as opposed to them winning here. Their crowd is ravenous when playing the Spurs and really gives them a lot of energy. If they don't have Dirk then it's a different story but it's still going to be tough.

ChuckD
12-29-2010, 02:53 PM
If Dallas keeps playing that fucking zone, Blair may grab 30 boards. A zone is horrible for rebounding position on defense, because by definition, you don't have a "man" to put a body on when the shot goes up.

in2deep
12-29-2010, 02:54 PM
It's really difficult for us to win in Dallas as opposed to them winning here. Their crowd is ravenous when playing the Spurs and really gives them a lot of energy. If they don't have Dirk then it's a different story but it's still going to be tough.

disagree. Tim, Tony and Manu always look comfortable playing in Dallas. It's like their 2nd home IMO.

GrandeDavid
12-29-2010, 02:59 PM
To be honest, the game against the Mav's is going to be extremly difficult, and although i'm hopeing for a win, i don't think it will happen, it's at thier stadium and they are a strong team, but so are we so anything can happen really. As for the play-offs, i think we can beat them, we are a championship team.

I think the Spurs will ride their momentum and get the win in Dallas tomorrow. The game they'll lose will probably be at Boston. But the Spurs are out for revenge and probably have ample motivation to shut big mouths who declare them the #2 team in Texas.

With or without Dirk Nowitski, I'm looking for Duncan and Ginobili to play much better offensively next game.

Fireball
12-29-2010, 03:13 PM
disagree. Tim, Tony and Manu always look comfortable playing in Dallas. It's like their 2nd home IMO.

both teams seem more focused on the road than at home ... therefore the Spurs can win this one with or without Nowitzki playing

TampaDude
12-29-2010, 03:15 PM
if Dirk isn't playing, then Spurs get an easy win....if he is playing then it's a toss up and can go either way.....

^ this

Ginobili2Duncan
12-29-2010, 03:43 PM

Not sure where you got that from. If you talk to any Mavs fan they will tell you that the environment at the AAC is pretty pathetic. A lot of the fans are either texting or just sitting on their hands.

sandman
12-29-2010, 03:48 PM
Interesting makeup of the two teams. Duncan is statistically having his worst season, yet the team has their best record ever at this point in the season. With the Mavs on the other hand, so goes Dirk, so goes the team. He will definitely be THE key factor in the outcome of the game.

Shank
12-29-2010, 05:16 PM
Not sure where you got that from. If you talk to any Mavs fan they will tell you that the environment at the AAC is pretty pathetic. A lot of the fans are either texting or just sitting on their hands.

He's right, to a point. It's a library a lot of times, but they tend to get up for the rivalry games with the Spurs. LOTS of commotion in the crowd all night long, too.

EVAY
12-29-2010, 05:38 PM
If we play as well as we can play, we can win.

But Tyson Chandler has really, really improved the Dallas Mavericks this year, IMHO, and we don't really have an answer for his combined length and athleticism. He allows Dirk to roam away from the post for jump shots, which is his preferred scoring now anyway, and leaves a big, agile body for rebounds if he misses. They really didn't have that presence last year.

The Mavs are the Team I worry about the most in the West.

DMC
12-29-2010, 05:39 PM
Uh... sure. Yes, we can beat the Mavs. Will we? Depends on which defense shows up (or doesn't show up).

EVAY
12-29-2010, 05:39 PM
And I think Dirk will play if at all possible tomrrow, because they don't want another loss, especially to us in the western race.

DMC
12-29-2010, 05:41 PM
I feel very strongly that the Spurs should have beaten the Mavs last time around. The Refs weren't bad or anything, but Chandler had a career tying night at the free throw line, Dirk was 12-14, the Spurs didn't play well and the game was still tight. I don't think that Mavs victory in San Antonio was all the good a victory. A win is a win, but if the Spurs play slightly better, Dirk plays more like Dirk and less like Larry Bird and the Mavs stay away from the free throw line the Spurs should take care of the Mavs in Dallas.
And if Tim scores more than 2 points, and if Manu doesn't doink 50 3 point shots, and if Neal hits his outside shots, and if Parker doesn't get hurt and....

DMC
12-29-2010, 05:42 PM
I think the Spurs will ride their momentum and get the win in Dallas tomorrow. The game they'll lose will probably be at Boston. But the Spurs are out for revenge and probably have ample motivation to shut big mouths who declare them the #2 team in Texas.

With or without Dirk Nowitski, I'm looking for Duncan and Ginobili to play much better offensively next game.
I don't think any momentum exists. They are excited, sure, but it won't do anything for them in Dallas. That doesn't mean they won't win, but if they do, momentum doesn't have anything to do with it. I mean, it's a myth anyhow. What momentum? They aren't moving.

GSH
12-29-2010, 05:46 PM

A little bird told me they have resorted to feeding crowd noise back through the PA system - again. Not a source I would bet my life on, but I wouldn't be shocked if it's true, either.

ElNono
12-29-2010, 05:55 PM
Yes, Yes

mytespurs
12-29-2010, 06:00 PM
don't mavs generally win season series against spurs?

mingus
12-29-2010, 06:10 PM
Dirk was a monster last game. RJ and TP were worthless. Yet we were still in the game.

I'm a little worried about Manu though. Hopefully he's just been in a slump and his legs already aren't tired.

DieHardSpursFan1537
12-29-2010, 06:30 PM
Dirk = Team

mavs>spurs
12-29-2010, 08:14 PM
OP is so original

Agloco
12-29-2010, 08:30 PM
The only modifications from the last game to this one will be minor ones for the Spurs to win.

Such as not going stone cold in the last 4:30 of the game while watching dallas go 6-9 and 4-4 from the line to close things out?