PDA

View Full Version : Postseason Potential

Chase_the_Bass
12-29-2010, 06:01 AM
It's no secret that with the 82 game schedule, travel, and mandatory rest that teams rarely get a chance to properly prepare for each opponent, but with the holidays around, a slow schedule and the Wizards as a buffer game the Spurs really got a chance to prepare for the Lakers.

I think that what we saw tonight could be a glimpse into the potential of this team come postseason. With so many key pieces having a much better grasp of the system, RJ making the transition from the New Guy to a Spur, and the addition of Neal and what should still prove to be a nice role player in Anderson who was shooting the three as well as Bonner or Neal and playing determined basketball before his injury (any word on when he should be back?). There are a lot of great games to come but the playoffs never seem to get here soon enough.

The Mavericks still scare me a bit, the addition of a 7ft super athletic center in Chandler has given them a real boost in their frontcourt, but I have complete confidence that we can beat any team in the West besides them and the Lakers in a series. What we did tonight to Kobe can't happen every game, but neither will Tim and Manu perform offensively like they did. I'm really feeling a Spurs v Celtics Finals with the Spurs bringing home the :lobt2:

mingus
12-29-2010, 06:15 AM
all you can say as of right now is that there are five teams that have a chance to win it all: Spurs, Celtics, Lakers, Heat, Mavs. as it gets closer to the playoffs we'll have a better picture of who the best of those 5 are. lots can happen b/w now and then. post-allstar break is a better time to make predictions like this.

MI21
12-29-2010, 06:54 AM
The postseason brings fresh legs for the Spur veterans but it also gives the opposition more time to scout the new wrinkles (large wrinkles) the Spurs have brought to their game, particularly offense.

Right now the scouting report is still being adjusted on the Spurs.

sa_butta
12-29-2010, 09:13 AM
I hope we are still playing this well after the Rodeo road trip...Its not how you start, but how you finish...Lets hope we can stay healthy as well...