PDA

View Full Version : Magic Johnson, one of the greatest divas of all-time ?

lefty
12-29-2010, 04:24 PM
Don't Blame Me, I Just Want To Have Fun!

The Lakers were winning, but Magic Johnson and the owner were not enjoying it. Solution: Can the coach

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1125021/1/index.htm#ixzz19XQrnvBZ)/MAG1125021/1/index.htm#ixzz19XQrnvBZ (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1125021/1/index.htm#ixzz19XQrnvBZ)

:cry

Crytek
12-29-2010, 04:41 PM
About two months later, Buss made a shocking announcement: He had signed Johnson to a 25-year, $25 million contract starting in 1984.
40 yr old playin' MJ got nothin' on Magic!

Four days after the title was won Buss signed Westhead to the four-year, million-dollar contract, calling him "the best basketball coach in the world."
:lmao

Paul Westhead (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Westhead)

On March 26, 2009 University of Oregon Athletic Director Pat Kilkenny announced that Paul Westhead as the Ducks' newest head coach. As the sixth head coach in the history of the Oregon women's basketball, this will be Westhead's first job as head coach of an NCAA women's program. :lmao:lmao

The Lakers already possessed perhaps the best fast break in the league, but Westhead wanted to increase Los Angeles' proficiency at running a set offense by installing a new system this fall. "There was just too much thinking," one player said. "Everybody was wondering who was supposed to be doing this and doing that. We couldn't just go out there and say, 'I can do what I want.' "
[insert obvious Kobe line]

lefty
01-30-2011, 12:50 AM
Wtf

Giuseppe
01-30-2011, 12:52 AM
I remember when one of 'em was riding his bicycle and somehow he went over the handle bars and lost his mind, and Magic kicked him to curb then.

Weird.

The rise of Earvin.

LkrFan
01-30-2011, 02:05 AM
Stay class, Spur fan.

v2freak
01-30-2011, 03:20 AM
What does "stay class" mean?

jjktkk
01-30-2011, 03:23 AM

Lkrfan meant to say, he should of stayed in class, but got alittle overwhelmed.

cobbler
01-30-2011, 04:11 AM
I remember when one of 'em was riding his bicycle and somehow he went over the handle bars and lost his mind, and Magic kicked him to curb then.

Weird.

The rise of Earvin.

McKinney or something spelled along those lines. Westhead took over for him.

LkrFan
01-30-2011, 04:57 AM
Stay classy. But then again, if I wtroe you are a dcik haed, I'm srue you wuold hvae unerdtsood if yuor bairn wkros pproerly.

Get it? :lol

baseline bum
01-30-2011, 06:16 AM
I'm going to go out on a limb and say Magic was probably correct, based on the incredible basketball they played the rest of the decade.

Giuseppe
01-30-2011, 06:26 AM
I'm going to go out on a limb and say Magic was probably correct, based on the incredible basketball they played the rest of the decade.

Like Kobe was correct when he went after Buss and put his feet to the fire.

baseline bum
01-30-2011, 07:11 AM
Like Kobe was correct when he went after Buss and put his feet to the fire.

Yeah, that would have been fun had they followed his wishes and shipped Abdul-Bynum's ass out to get the corpse of Kidd's career.

Giuseppe
01-30-2011, 07:16 AM
Yeah, that would have been fun had they followed his wishes and shipped Abdul-Bynum's ass out to get the corpse of Kidd's career.

No, but, Bryant's gracious signing off on the return of the prodigal (Jackson), and the acquisitions of Fish, Gasol & Artest have proven to be genius.

lefty
03-04-2011, 12:53 PM
Also, Magic is a big hypocrite

He said that he would never have done what Lebron did when he decided to join Miami, but he did exactly the same thing:

"We didn't think about it 'cause that's not what we were about," Johnson said at Baruch College in New York, according to Bloomberg News. "From college, I was trying to figure out how to beat Larry Bird."

But but...

And in the case of Magic Johnson, Mike has done his homework. He found a Mike Downey L.A. Times article from 1991 (http://articles.latimes.com/1991-06-05/sports/sp-83_1):
Magic Johnson would have returned to Michigan State rather than play for the Chicago Bulls.

"I'd have stayed in school," he said here Tuesday, standing alone outside Gate 3 1/2 of Chicago Stadium, the house that could have been his. "A coin toss changed the course of my whole life." Chicago called heads in a 1979 coin flip with Los Angeles for the No. 1 pick in the NBA college draft. It came up tails.

Johnson signed with the Lakers after his sophomore year of college and proceeded to win five championships. The Bulls picked second, took UCLA's David Greenwood and have won no championships.

"I wouldn't have played here," Johnson said on the eve of Game 2 of the NBA finals between his team and the team that could have been his. "The only reason I came out was to play with Kareem and the Lakers."

Typical Laker

Greg Oden
03-04-2011, 12:56 PM
Lkrfan meant to say, he should of stayed in class, but got alittle overwhelmed.

no doubt he went to TAMUK for a few semesters, but did not graduate.

Kobe_5_Duncan_4
03-04-2011, 01:46 PM
Also, Magic is a big hypocrite

He said that he would never have done what Lebron did when he decided to join Miami, but he did exactly the same thing:

"We didn't think about it 'cause that's not what we were about," Johnson said at Baruch College in New York, according to Bloomberg News. "From college, I was trying to figure out how to beat Larry Bird."

But but...

And in the case of Magic Johnson, Mike has done his homework. He found a Mike Downey L.A. Times article from 1991 (http://articles.latimes.com/1991-06-05/sports/sp-83_1):
Magic Johnson would have returned to Michigan State rather than play for the Chicago Bulls.

"I'd have stayed in school," he said here Tuesday, standing alone outside Gate 3 1/2 of Chicago Stadium, the house that could have been his. "A coin toss changed the course of my whole life." Chicago called heads in a 1979 coin flip with Los Angeles for the No. 1 pick in the NBA college draft. It came up tails.

Johnson signed with the Lakers after his sophomore year of college and proceeded to win five championships. The Bulls picked second, took UCLA's David Greenwood and have won no championships.

"I wouldn't have played here," Johnson said on the eve of Game 2 of the NBA finals between his team and the team that could have been his. "The only reason I came out was to play with Kareem and the Lakers."

Typical Laker

Magic Johnson's shoelaces > Every player to ever don a Spurs uniform.

On that note

Earvin also has more hardware than the entire Spurs franchise. Amazing but true. Johnson, like other notable Lakers, is Chlamydia to Spurs fans. :lmao

Killakobe81
03-04-2011, 01:55 PM
Magic did what he did to keep the dynasty rolling ... sure it is a stain on his character, but considering the results I will let my all-time favorite player pass ...

As for Kobe, the article just shows as much as Kobe imitates MJ his REAL role model was Magic ...

lefty
03-04-2011, 01:59 PM
Magic did what he did to keep the dynasty rolling ... sure it is a stain on his character, but considering the results I will let my all-time favorite player pass ...

As for Kobe, the article just shows as much as Kobe imitates MJ his REAL role model was Magic ...
True

Regarding Magic, I wish I never heard about the Westhead firing and the draft story, as he is one of my favorite players

monosylab1k
03-04-2011, 02:02 PM
But she wears short skirts, I wear t-shirts, she's cheer captain and I'm on the bleachers, dreaming bout the day when you wake up and find that what you're lookin for has been here the whole time

lefty
03-04-2011, 02:24 PM
Mono WTF

HarlemHeat37
03-04-2011, 07:50 PM
:lol Magic
:lol HIV
:lol millions of $, 0 condoms
:lol anal sex with men

ChuckD
03-04-2011, 07:58 PM

Weird.

The rise of Earvin.

Wrong, the rise of Magic. I remember a quote from Cookie about their early relationship. She said she liked Earvin a lot, but couldn't stand Magic.

Magic Johnson is a persona.

Muser
03-04-2011, 08:01 PM
lol rammed in the ass by big black men.

lefty
03-04-2011, 09:17 PM
Wrong, the rise of Magic. I remember a quote from Cookie about their early relationship. She said she liked Earvin a lot, but couldn't stand Magic.

Magic Johnson is a persona.
True
Magic talked about Earvin and Magic in an HBO documentary

ezau
03-04-2011, 09:34 PM
Magic Johnson's shoelaces > Every player to ever don a Spurs uniform.

On that note

Earvin also has more hardware than the entire Spurs franchise. Amazing but true. Johnson, like other notable Lakers, is Chlamydia to Spurs fans. :lmao

Magic's AIDS >>>>>>>>>>All the people with AIDS in Africa

cue the "stay class Spur fan" line