PDA

View Full Version : Who will finish with more rings? Kobe Bryant or Tim Duncan

tbonewalker
12-29-2010, 07:09 PM
Kobe right now with 5 (spelled five, for Spur fans)

Duncan right now with 4

Who finishes with more NBA Championship rings?

Hooks
12-29-2010, 07:31 PM
The real question should be: Who will finish with more rings as the #1 option?

Duncan 3
Kobe 1

Can Kobe win 2 more championships as the #1 option?

ElNono
12-29-2010, 07:34 PM
Horry

Cessation
12-29-2010, 07:41 PM
lol butthurt lakerfan

8FOR!3
12-29-2010, 08:50 PM
Horry

The in between. :lol

Fabbs
12-29-2010, 08:50 PM
When will Laker Fan stop begging for respect when they know Kobitch is deserving of none?

Trainwreck2100
12-29-2010, 08:52 PM
lol ringsmack very gnsf for a gndlf

mavs>spurs
12-29-2010, 08:53 PM
Tim definitely. kobe is down by 2 and isn't likely to win any more rings

Halberto
12-29-2010, 09:32 PM
http://media.ebaumsworld.com/picture/Merrick001/WilfordBrimley.png

VBM
12-29-2010, 09:42 PM
They'll probably finish tied. Duncan gets his 5th this year, then the SuperFriends win the next 10

Jacob1983
12-29-2010, 11:00 PM
Duncan is 4 for 4 in the Finals.
Kobe is 5 for 7 in the Finals.

Kobe technically has more rings but Duncan still has more Finals MVPs.

BlackSwordsMan
12-29-2010, 11:01 PM
kobe

DMC
12-29-2010, 11:06 PM
How do you technically have more rings? You either have them or you do not.

If Duncan never gets another one, he's a HOFer and no one will give a fuck in 2 years. Magic had 5, but Bird did not. We still look at Bird as one of the best ever...

Plus Tim called and said he doesn't give a fuck what you think. I'd take him at his word.

DMC
12-29-2010, 11:07 PM

Duncan right now with 4

Probably not you.

BlackSwordsMan
12-29-2010, 11:15 PM
What's DMC mean

Jacob1983
12-29-2010, 11:19 PM
I used the word "technically" because Kobe didn't earn all of his rings. Three of rings were a part of his marriage to Shaq so it's not fair to say that he did it all by himself. Duncan was always the main man on his team. I know that Parker won the Finals MVP in 2007 but Duncan was the leader and go to guy on that team.

For the record, if Kobe and Shaq had never gotten divorced, that team probably would have won like 5 or 6 championships in a row and would probably be the greatest team in NBA history.

Greg Oden
12-29-2010, 11:24 PM
The real question should be: Who will finish with more rings as the #1 option?

Duncan 3
Kobe 1

Can Kobe win 2 more championships as the #1 option?

what kind of dipshit thinks Duncan wasn't the #1 option for all 4?

JR21
12-29-2010, 11:39 PM
i say tie with 5 and 5

Banzai
12-29-2010, 11:42 PM
Question- when the world comes to an end..which nba fan will have posted more kobe threads. Spurs fan or Laker fan?

Crickets
12-30-2010, 02:19 AM

Duncan right now with 4

Duncon will not win anymore championships...so yes it will be Kobe with more rings

ohmwrecker
12-30-2010, 09:43 AM
The safe bet is Kobe since he is one up on Duncan. The better question is . . . Why does it matter?

lol suggesting Texans don't know who SRV is.

What a moron.

NickiRasgo
12-30-2010, 09:57 AM
Of course Kobe Bryant, they can trade bench player/s for Superstar.

TheMACHINE
12-30-2010, 11:15 AM
Lol at people who can't answer a simple question.

TheMACHINE
12-30-2010, 11:25 AM
I used the word "technically" because Kobe didn't earn all of his rings. Three of rings were a part of his marriage to Shaq so it's not fair to say that he did it all by himself. Duncan was always the main man on his team. I know that Parker won the Finals MVP in 2007 but Duncan was the leader and go to guy on that team.

For the record, if Kobe and Shaq had never gotten divorced, that team probably would have won like 5 or 6 championships in a row and would probably be the greatest team in NBA history.

good point..so when duncan gets his 5th this year, it wont count since hes obviously not the #1 option.

LOL at shaq and Kobe winning 5-6 more championships in a row....they couldnt even beat the Spurs in 2003 and the Pistons in 2004. What makes ou think they can win 5 more in a row after that? LOL

Cry Havoc
12-30-2010, 12:02 PM
good point..so when duncan gets his 5th this year, it wont count since hes obviously not the #1 option.

It counts in terms of how many titles Duncan has, but using his 5th championship as a means to say, put him in the top 5 players of all time would be ridiculous, unless he averages 18+ and 11+ per game with a couple of blocks to go with it in the playoffs this year. Even then, he's not Atlas anymore, the weight of the Spurs doesn't sit alone on his shoulders. He's obviously not the player he was, and his teammates are carrying him on offense.

Having said that, he's still the frame. He's the man that holds everything else together. If Duncan were traded tomorrow for a 1st round draft pick, this team would have no shot at winning a title and very little shot at making a top 3 seed. With him on the floor, we have a chance to beat anyone.

LOL at shaq and Kobe winning 5-6 more championships in a row....they couldnt even beat the Spurs in 2003 and the Pistons in 2004. What makes ou think they can win 5 more in a row after that? LOL

The Shaq-Kobe thing was done. That team as constructed was simply not cut out for more titles. Just curious though, how do you feel about Shaq's 4th ring with D-Wade?

tbonewalker
12-30-2010, 01:50 PM
The safe bet is Kobe since he is one up on Duncan. The better question is . . . Why does it matter?

lol suggesting Texans don't know who SRV is.

What a moron.

I agree, he was a complete and total moron. How can you live in Texas and claim to be a Texan but not know who SRV is? Goes to show Texans these days really aren't Texans. They need to be culturally and historically enlightened more than ever about what goes on (or went on) in their own back yard.

I applaud your honest answer though.

Kobe has the upper hand because he has already filled up one hand with NBA Championship rings and he has the better playoff team to add to his collection even more. At this point, Duncan just seems happy to be here.

tbonewalker
12-30-2010, 01:51 PM
Lol at people who can't answer a simple question.

:flag:

Crickets
12-30-2010, 01:52 PM
Duncon will not wim anymore titles

nkdlunch
12-30-2010, 01:52 PM
Kobe has 2 rings.

it's 4-2 right now

tbonewalker
12-30-2010, 01:57 PM
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_many_times_has_Kobe_Bryant_won_the_NBA_Champio nship

Kobe Bryant (http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_many_times_has_Kobe_Bryant_won_the_NBA_Champio nship#) has won the NBA Championship fives times. He won in these years: 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009 and 2010.

How many NBA Championship rings does Tim Duncan have?

Four: 1999, 2003, 2005, 2007

nkdlunch
12-30-2010, 01:57 PM
:lmao wikipedia

tbonewalker
12-30-2010, 01:59 PM
So Kobe has one two titles since Duncan won his last one.

Kobe has repeated once since Duncan one his last one. That means Kobe has accomplished in two years what Duncan could never accomplish in his entire career.

Kobe won back to back championships since Duncan won his last single.

What's better? A two-run homer or a solo homer?

nkdlunch
12-30-2010, 02:00 PM
agree that Kobe was able to repeat and Duncan wasn't.

that's an accolade I'm willing to give Kobe props for. Duncan was unfortunate but also never strong/hungry enough to bitchslap his teamates around

tbonewalker
12-30-2010, 02:03 PM
agree that Kobe was able to repeat and Duncan wasn't.

that's an accolade I'm willing to give Kobe props for. Duncan was unfortunate but also never strong/hungry enough to bitchslap his teamates around

About time you drop the charade and answer like a real man in the flesh. I respect that. :toast

Look guys, the only way I see Duncan getting another is if he comes to LA and comes off the bench for Bynum. Won't happen, but it's the only plausible scenario at this point. Either that, or, the Spurs catch lightning in a bottle while every contender gets weakened with a devastating injury. Just doesn't seem plausible unless he comes to LA, and I don't see him doing that. He loves the Spurs.

nkdlunch
12-30-2010, 02:06 PM
About time you drop the charade and answer like a real man in the flesh. I respect that. :toast

Look guys, the only way I see Duncan getting another is if he comes to LA and comes off the bench for Bynum. Won't happen, but it's the only plausible scenario at this point. Either that, or, the Spurs catch lightning in a bottle while every contender gets weakened with a devastating injury. Just doesn't seem plausible unless he comes to LA, and I don't see him doing that. He loves the Spurs.

thanks for your thoughts. But that's all they are, just another someone's thoughts.

But the reality is Timmy has a very good chance to be playing with the Spurs in June. :toast

midnightpulp
12-30-2010, 02:41 PM

How the Lakers won their last two championships.

ohmwrecker
12-30-2010, 02:48 PM
I agree, I am a complete and total moron.

I agree.

I applaud your honest answer though.

Yet, you fail to answer my question . . . what difference does it make if Kobe has 1 more ring? How does that diminish what Duncan has accomplished? No agenda driven bullshit . . . honest answer.

midnightpulp
12-30-2010, 02:53 PM
I agree.

Yet, you fail to answer my question . . . what difference does it make if Kobe has 1 more ring? How does that diminish what Duncan has accomplished? No agenda driven bullshit . . . honest answer.

Took Duncan getting old, a fortunate KG injury in '09, and a timely Perkins injury for Kobe to sneak in his repeat.

dirkdirkastan
12-30-2010, 02:58 PM
What's DMC mean

Domestic Mexican Cunt

tbonewalker
12-30-2010, 05:12 PM
I agree.

Yet, you fail to answer my question . . .

what difference does it make if Kobe has 1 more ring?

How does that diminish what Duncan has accomplished? No agenda driven bullshit . . . honest answer.

I know you agree.

Did the OP say the goal was to diminish Duncan? Who told you this? This is a good spirited public poll.

What makes you think this "diminishes" Duncan's accomplishments? You seem to be assuming too much here, in a rush or something. Put down the fork and just use the chop stix.

What difference does it make, you ask? Let's see...

The difference between 5 rings and 4 rings is 1 ring. Do you have the slightest idea how much goes into winning 1 NBA Championship ring? The difference is Dwyane Wade's entire career. Or KG's entire career.

Listen, ohmy, we're not talking small potatoes here.

ohmwrecker
12-30-2010, 06:00 PM
Uh huh . . .

ElNono
12-30-2010, 06:17 PM
Stat-geek thread, tbh

Fabbs
12-30-2010, 06:24 PM
Kobe no doubt.
http://www.roscoinc.com/butt_rings.html