PDA

View Full Version : Bynum's back starting. This changes everything

LkrFan
12-30-2010, 05:32 PM
The Lakers have been playing like shit for the last month or so. Pau getting tired, Kobe starting to show his age (and playing with a hurt shooting mitt), Killer B's not playing nearly at the level they were playing at the beginning of the season, Lakers lost 4 in a row, now 3 in a row.

Then they played the Hornets in their gym on the 2nd night of a back to back. PJ shakes up the starting lineup by starting Big Drew and sends LO to the bench. Almost immediately the defensive intensity improved and the balance has returned. I know these Hornets are not the same 8-0 Hornets that started the season but they are still a good home team. What I saw last night was intimidation, a deer in the head lights look if you will, when they saw PJ roll out the twin tower lineup of Big Drew and Pau for the 1st time all year.

Okafor once treated the Heat's frontline like bastards with a 11/13 - 26 point outing in a Hornets' win earlier in the year. That wasn't happening last night. Big Drew made Okafor look small because he was playing big. Pau made David West look average. Then Lamar Odom came in and wrecked shop (he was the best player on the court IMO). Suddenly the Lakers' frontline looked elite again.

Bynum's return has brought balance back to the Lakers. Pau doesn't have to battle centers no more. Kobe doesn't have to feel like he has to force anything (very efficient last night BTW). And Bynum, is starting to look good again: LINK (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBhMbhuBvWs&feature=player_embedded). These 1st 10 games or so are like Bynum's preseason. He looked ok against the Spurs going 4/4 in limited minutes. Last night PJ took the handcuffs off. He swatted, changed would be layups into nervous tear drop attempts, and caught a lob for a dunk (something I haven't seen in a while). It will take a while for him to get his timing down and get his stamina back up. He played 30 minutes last night on the 2nd night of a back to back. There have been no reports of Bynum having any knee pains either. I'm cautiously optimistic about his physician finally getting the surgery right this time. If my gut instinct is true the Lakers may actually be on their way back to being elite. The jury is still out though.

I'll be curious to see how the Lakers fare against the elite now that our starting lineup is back intact. The next elite opponent will be the Mavs on Jan 19, 2011. Taking a sneak peek at their schedule, they should be riding a 12 game winning streak. The next 11 games are all very winnable. It's time to build some momentum, get our swag back, then go into AA arena and smack the Mavs around. We'll see, but I'm confident. :toast
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBhMbhuBvWs&feature=player_embedded

ElNono
12-30-2010, 06:06 PM
Can't guard Dejuan Blair though, tbh fwiw tbqh

Amuseddaysleeper
12-30-2010, 06:08 PM
Lakers have another easy stretch of games coming up. Wake me up when they beat a great team on the road.

LkrFan
12-30-2010, 06:11 PM
Can't guard Dejuan Blair though, tbh fwiw tbqh
Blair is in shape and not coming off of knee surgery. Drew will not be guarding him - that's LO and Pau's job. I expect Drew to guard TD. And fwiw, I HIGHLY doubt that this continues to be the case and I also doubt it that if PJ roles out the twin tower lineup that Pop counters Bynum with Blair. Despite not being in game shape he was still 4/4. So I guess Blair can't guard him either. :lol

LkrFan
12-30-2010, 06:11 PM
Lakers have another easy stretch of games coming up. Wake me up when they beat a great team on the road.
They go to Big D Jan 11, 2011. What time do you want your alarm set?

DesignatedT
12-30-2010, 06:14 PM
till he gets hurt again.

ElNono
12-30-2010, 06:16 PM
Blair is in shape and not coming off of knee surgery. Drew will not be guarding him - that's LO and Pau's job. I expect Drew to guard TD. And fwiw, I HIGHLY doubt that this continues to be the case and I also doubt it that if PJ roles out the twin tower lineup that Pop counters Bynum with Blair. Despite not being in game shape he was still 4/4. So I guess Blair can't guard him either. :lol

That's if Kobe doesn't 'accidentally' fall on his knee again... Huge IF actually

LkrFan
12-30-2010, 06:18 PM
till he gets hurt again.
Remember your karma. If TD goes down, so does your contending status - TP/Manu backcourt dominance be damned.

LkrFan
12-30-2010, 06:19 PM
That's if Kobe doesn't 'accidentally' fall on his knee again... Huge IF actually
Why you want to bring that game up? Damn. :depressed

ElNono
12-30-2010, 06:23 PM
Why you want to bring that game up? Damn. :depressed

The beginning of the end really.
But Bynum has never been our 'killer' really. It always been a combo of Phil/Kobe/Gasol and sometimes Odom getting untracked. Plus scrubs like Sasha and Farmar shooting lights out.

I like our bench a lot better this season. So we'll see what happens.

Mugen
12-30-2010, 06:25 PM
he still looks like Tracy Morgan, tbh.

Amuseddaysleeper
12-30-2010, 06:26 PM
They go to Big D Jan 11, 2011. What time do you want your alarm set?

That's one of those games that could definitely give the Lakers some confidence should they pull it off. I'm sure Dirk will be back by then, should be a great matchup.

Will be interesting to see how well Chandler can defend Bynum/Gasol.

LkrFan
12-30-2010, 06:27 PM
The beginning of the end really.
But Bynum has never been our 'killer' really. It always been a combo of Phil/Kobe/Gasol and sometimes Odom getting untracked. Plus scrubs like Sasha and Farmar shooting lights out.

I like our bench a lot better this season. So we'll see what happens.
I think the bolded changes this year. I'm not calling him prime Shaq but I don't see anybody in the league stopping him when he gets it going. I think he will be a load for TD to handle at this stage. Bonner, Blair, and Splitter are all too small to handle this kid.

jjktkk
12-30-2010, 06:27 PM
Bynum's return is a big plus obviously, but its a disturbing trend that a athletically declining Kobe has to try to prove he still can takover a game, like his bonehead attempt vs. the Spurs the other night, and completely forget to get Gasol and Bynum involved in the offense. Seems like Zen master has a difficult time telling Kobe to pull his head out of his ass and remember what the Lakers strength is, instead of trying to go 1 on 5.

Cry Havoc
12-30-2010, 06:28 PM
The Lakers have been playing like shit for the last month or so. Pau getting tired, Kobe starting to show his age (and playing with a hurt shooting mitt), Killer B's not playing nearly at the level they were playing at the beginning of the season, Lakers lost 4 in a row, now 3 in a row.

Then they played the Hornets in their gym on the 2nd night of a back to back. PJ shakes up the starting lineup by starting Big Drew and sends LO to the bench. Almost immediately the defensive intensity improved and the balance has returned. I know these Hornets are not the same 8-0 Hornets that started the season but they are still a good home team. What I saw last night was intimidation, a deer in the head lights look if you will, when they saw PJ roll out the twin tower lineup of Big Drew and Pau for the 1st time all year.

Okafor once treated the Heat's frontline like bastards with a 11/13 - 26 point outing in a Hornets' win earlier in the year. That wasn't happening last night. Big Drew made Okafor look small because he was playing big. Pau made David West look average. Then Lamar Odom came in and wrecked shop (he was the best player on the court IMO). Suddenly the Lakers' frontline looked elite again.

Bynum's return has brought balance back to the Lakers. Pau doesn't have to battle centers no more. Kobe doesn't have to feel like he has to force anything (very efficient last night BTW). And Bynum, is starting to look good again: LINK (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBhMbhuBvWs&feature=player_embedded). These 1st 10 games or so are like Bynum's preseason. He looked ok against the Spurs going 4/4 in limited minutes. Last night PJ took the handcuffs off. He swatted, changed would be layups into nervous tear drop attempts, and caught a lob for a dunk (something I haven't seen in a while). It will take a while for him to get his timing down and get his stamina back up. He played 30 minutes last night on the 2nd night of a back to back. There have been no reports of Bynum having any knee pains either. I'm cautiously optimistic about his physician finally getting the surgery right this time. If my gut instinct is true the Lakers may actually be on their way back to being elite. The jury is still out though.

I'll be curious to see how the Lakers fare against the elite now that our starting lineup is back intact. The next elite opponent will be the Mavs on Jan 19, 2011. Taking a sneak peek at their schedule, they should be riding a 12 game winning streak. The next 11 games are all very winnable. It's time to build some momentum, get our swag back, then go into AA arena and smack the Mavs around. We'll see, but I'm confident. :toast

So now they're what, 3 and 8 against +.500 teams?

jjktkk
12-30-2010, 06:29 PM
he still looks like Tracy Morgan, tbh.

Tracy Morgan has better knees.

LkrFan
12-30-2010, 06:30 PM
That's one of those games that could definitely give the Lakers some confidence should they pull it off. I'm sure Dirk will be back by then, should be a great matchup.

Will be interesting to see how well Chandler can defend Bynum/Gasol.
I think Haywood will be key for them. Chandler is a good defender but he is too light in the ass for Bynum. Chandler will match up well (defensively) with Gasol though. Should be a good game. Hopefully Dirk is back by then.

jjktkk
12-30-2010, 06:30 PM
I think the bolded changes this year. I'm not calling him prime Shaq but I don't see anybody in the league stopping him when he gets it going. I think he will be a load for TD to handle at this stage. Bonner, Blair, and Splitter are all too small to handle this kid.

Someone might need to mention this Kobe.

TinTin
12-30-2010, 06:31 PM

:lol as if the ball hog kobe is going to let bynum get touches

LkrFan
12-30-2010, 06:31 PM
So now they're what, 3 and 8 against +.500 teams?
1-0 with Bynum starting against +0.500 teams. :toast

ElNono
12-30-2010, 06:32 PM
Bynum's return is a big plus obviously, but its a disturbing trend that a athletically declining Kobe has to try to prove he still can takover a game, like his bonehead attempt vs. the Spurs the other night, and completely forget to get Gasol and Bynum involved in the offense. Seems like Zen master has a difficult time telling Kobe to pull his head out of his ass and remember what the Lakers strength is, instead of trying to go 1 on 5.

Bynum is a blackhole himself. You'll hardly see him passing out of the post once he got the ball.

Ace
12-30-2010, 06:32 PM
This will make a great bump later, tbh

WalterSobchak
12-30-2010, 06:33 PM
http://www.terezowens.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/andrew-bynum-tracy-morgan.jpg

LkrFan
12-30-2010, 06:36 PM
I have to agree with this. Kobe has developed some bad habits throughout the years although he's been successful. During the Shaq/Kobe era, Shaq was never dependable in a close game in the 4th qtr because he couldn't shoot free throws. So Kobe had to close games for us be it scoring or facilitating. During the Kwame/Cook era, he still had to do it all just for a chance at a W. Now we have a stacked team and he still thinks he has to do it all some times. It's tailed off for the most part since we got Gasol but I still see Kobe trying to get his when he is playing an elite team that has an elite guard. Just like against the Spurs the other night. He apologized to the team and was much more efficient last night at the Bee Hive. Hopefully that trend continues - because he has championship help - and doesn't need to do it all by himself no more.

LkrFan
12-30-2010, 06:37 PM
http://www.terezowens.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/andrew-bynum-tracy-morgan.jpg
:lol

Mugen
12-30-2010, 06:39 PM

ziiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing.

LkrFan
12-30-2010, 06:40 PM
This will make a great bump later, tbh
I'm looking forward to it. Bynum is still only about 80% at best right now. He thinks in about another month he will be back to 100%.

Matter of fact, bump this thread March 10th. Both teams will be fine tuning for the playoffs. We'll see if Miami has the same success. No team has beaten us twice despite the shitty 4 and 3 game losing streaks. :toast

Ace
12-30-2010, 07:32 PM
Bynum doesn't answer the biggest problem LA has struggled with, perimeter defense. If that's not solved then it puts tons of pressure on him and Pau to protect the rim.

Harry Callahan
12-30-2010, 07:34 PM
Bynum will not hold up over the long run and is being paid like an All Star when is just a nice part.

Just a matter of time until the next injury.

LkrFan
12-30-2010, 08:20 PM
Bynum doesn't answer the biggest problem LA has struggled with, perimeter defense. If that's not solved then it puts tons of pressure on him and Pau to protect the rim.
Phil Jackson hasn't had great perimeter defense since Scottie and Mike. He still won 5 rings with the Lakers. What is your point?

What the Lakers will be able to do now that Drew is starting is pack the paint. For Miami, their best two players go to moves are going to the hole. That will be less frequent - especially if Bynum starts defending the rim like this (http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/video/gerald-wallace-injuried-by-andrew-bynum-1-27-09/edfaf4fafab3d7752b00edfaf4fafab3d7752b00-410155942628?q=andrew+bynum+lebron&FROM=LKVR5&GT1=LKVR5&FORM=LKVR18). "Crash" suffered a collapsed lung after that foul. It will make players think twice about going to the rim if you ask me. There is a clip somewhere of Bynum giving LBJ a hard foul when he was in Cleveland. After LBJ got up he glared at Bynum but he didn't even take one step close to him because he knows what's up. :lol

LkrFan
12-30-2010, 08:21 PM
Bynum will not hold up over the long run and is being paid like an All Star when is just a nice part.

Just a matter of time until the next injury.
What a shitty thing to say. Congrats.

Ace
12-30-2010, 08:47 PM
Phil Jackson hasn't had great perimeter defense since Scottie and Mike. He still won 5 rings with the Lakers. What is your point?

What the Lakers will be able to do now that Drew is starting is pack the paint. For Miami, their best two players go to moves are going to the hole. That will be less frequent - especially if Bynum starts defending the rim like this (http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/video/gerald-wallace-injuried-by-andrew-bynum-1-27-09/edfaf4fafab3d7752b00edfaf4fafab3d7752b00-410155942628?q=andrew+bynum+lebron&FROM=LKVR5&GT1=LKVR5&FORM=LKVR18). "Crash" suffered a collapsed lung after that foul. It will make players think twice about going to the rim if you ask me. There is a clip somewhere of Bynum giving LBJ a hard foul when he was in Cleveland. After LBJ got up he glared at Bynum but he didn't even take one step close to him because he knows what's up. :lol

After the Lakers got skull fucked you still believe this? Kobe was a good defender and last year Artest was as well. Before that Ariza and Kobe, now Artest and Kobe are much slower and Ariza is gone. Bynum's hard fouls is the stupidest point you've made to date and you've said some pretty idiotic things before. Against Miami Drew and Gasol couldn't pack the paint with Bosh.

jjktkk
12-30-2010, 08:52 PM

Manu and Tony think your funny.

LkrFan
12-30-2010, 09:08 PM
After the Lakers got skull fucked you still believe this? Kobe was a good defender and last year Artest was as well. Before that Ariza and Kobe, now Artest and Kobe are much slower and Ariza is gone. Bynum's hard fouls is the stupidest point you've made to date and you've said some pretty idiotic things before. Against Miami Drew and Gasol couldn't pack the paint with Bosh.
I've actually held back on talking shit to you - don't push me cause I'm close to the edge.

The LA/Miami game was not officiated the same on both ends. Pussy ass ticky tack fouls were called on Lakers while because of their defensive reputation they got away with murder. LBJ hardly went to the rim because he was lights out from 3 (aberration - he's shooting 36% from 3 but was lights out that night. We would rather him shoot 3s than barrel through the lane). And that doesn't excuse Kobe for playing the defense he was playing against Wade. Bottom line, your big guns were healthy, the Lakers' were not, and were still incorporating our starting center into our lineup. Hopefully in March both teams will be 100%. I expect different results, tbh. Mainly because we'll be balanced.

In 2009 Ariza/Kobe could be aggressive defensively with two agile 7 footers behind them. Artest/Kobe last year: ditto. Now that our 3-headed monster front line is back in tact, expect Artest/Kobe/Barnes to pick it up defensively. Fisher can't guard a chair though - so that will still be a problem for us. :lol

The threat of hard fouls are what made Shaq's teams intimidating. Trust me, if Bynum makes a few more motherfuckers have collapsed lungs, why the fuck would that not be in our favor? Hard fouls are reality checks for players that like to go to the hole.

LkrFan
12-30-2010, 09:10 PM
Manu and Tony think your funny.
We'll see how often this happens when Drew is 100%. Manu played shitty offensively IMO, TP hurt us that game. But what PG hasn't made a living shitting on the Lakers? Fishersucksdefensivelybutisclutchoffensively.com :lol

100%duncan
12-30-2010, 09:30 PM

this

Ace
12-30-2010, 10:05 PM
I've actually held back on talking shit to you - don't push me cause I'm close to the edge.
No need to get pussy hurt.

The LA/Miami game was not officiated the same on both ends. Pussy ass ticky tack fouls were called on Lakers while because of their defensive reputation they got away with murder. LBJ hardly went to the rim because he was lights out from 3 (aberration - he's shooting 36% from 3 but was lights out that night. We would rather him shoot 3s than barrel through the lane). And that doesn't excuse Kobe for playing the defense he was playing against Wade. Bottom line, your big guns were healthy, the Lakers' were not, and were still incorporating our starting center into our lineup. Hopefully in March both teams will be 100%. I expect different results, tbh. Mainly because we'll be balanced.
Its the refs fault the Heat curb stomped the Lakers? :wow

In 2009 Ariza/Kobe could be aggressive defensively with two agile 7 footers behind them. Artest/Kobe last year: ditto. Now that our 3-headed monster front line is back in tact, expect Artest/Kobe/Barnes to pick it up defensively. Fisher can't guard a chair though - so that will still be a problem for us. :lol

The threat of hard fouls are what made Shaq's teams intimidating. Trust me, if Bynum makes a few more motherfuckers have collapsed lungs, why the fuck would that not be in our favor? Hard fouls are reality checks for players that like to go to the hole.
You really believe the threat of hard fouls is going to stop Lebron and Wade (the league's best) from attacking the rim? GTFO, in fact they will attack more being Lakers have nobody to stop them and will just get Bynum and Pau in foul trouble. I told you the great defenders you claimed the Lakers had were nonexistent.

21_Blessings
12-30-2010, 10:40 PM
Bynum doesn't answer the biggest problem

Actually, yes he does as their biggest problem was missing their starting center. A center that is capable of 20/10 type numbers on a lesser team.

perimeter defense.

Derek Fisher has 5 rings.

DeadlyDynasty
12-30-2010, 10:49 PM

Bynum has more kidneys

HarlemHeat37
12-30-2010, 10:53 PM
As I said before the season, the Lakers will need Bynum this season, unlike the last 2, and not just to be a role player..they need him to establish himself as a legit top 2-3 option on their team, to make up for Kobe's decline and tendency to become a chucker..

Unfortunately for Laker fans, Lkrfan is usually wrong, so this is probably a jinx thread that will result in a season-ending injury for Bynum..

NRHector
12-30-2010, 10:57 PM
As I said before the season, the Lakers will need Bynum this season, unlike the last 2, and not just to be a role player..they need him to establish himself as a legit top 2-3 option on their team, to make up for Kobe's decline and tendency to become a chucker..

Unfortunately for Laker fans, Lkrfan is usually wrong, so this is probably a jinx thread that will result in a season-ending injury for Bynum.. HH with the goods :toast

LkrFan
12-30-2010, 10:59 PM

Unfortunately for Laker fans, Lkrfan is usually wrong, so this is probably a jinx thread that will result in a season-ending injury for Bynum..
Wanna bet? If Bynum gets a season ending injury, I'm gone for the rest of this season - including the playoffs. If he doesn't, you go. I know you like to bet money so this one should be easy. Are you game?

jjktkk
12-30-2010, 11:01 PM

Is that what makes him slow as shit on defense?

HarlemHeat37
12-30-2010, 11:03 PM
[/B]
Wanna bet? If Bynum gets a season ending injury, I'm gone for the rest of this season - including the playoffs. If he doesn't, you go. I know you like to bet money so this one should be easy. Are you game?

I already have a pending bet where I would have to leave SpursTalk if I lose..

I'm not interested in another, tbh..I also like having you around, tbh..

LkrFan
12-30-2010, 11:05 PM
I already have a pending bet where I would have to leave SpursTalk if I lose..

I'm not interested in another, tbh..I also like having you around, tbh..
:lol

I don't remember any other bets by you. What was it?

Ace
12-30-2010, 11:09 PM
Actually, yes he does as their biggest problem was missing their starting center. A center that is capable of 20/10 type numbers on a lesser team.
Sure but hasn't and won't with Kobe and Pau on the same team.

Ok, good for him. To bad it won't make him, Kobe or and Laker sudden lockdown perimeter defenders.

Banzai
12-30-2010, 11:51 PM
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/zangief_piledriver_fatgirl.gif (http://www.threadbombing.com/details.php?image_id=5116)

Venti Quattro
12-30-2010, 11:52 PM
BUMP for this thread

j.dizzle
12-30-2010, 11:57 PM
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/zangief_piledriver_fatgirl.gif (http://www.threadbombing.com/details.php?image_id=5116)

:lmao that shit is too funny.

ShoogarBear
12-31-2010, 12:28 AM
Bynum has more kidneys

Negative. Morgan has three.

crc21209
12-31-2010, 01:16 AM
Pleease. Bynum starting, coming off the bench, it doesnt matter. As long as Pau continues to pass up shots and Kobe continues to jack them up, the Lakers will continue to struggle...

HeatChamps
12-31-2010, 01:48 AM
Looking forward to Bynum's next injury. :D

21_Blessings
12-31-2010, 05:40 AM
Sure but hasn't and won't with Kobe and Pau on the same team.

They don't need him to.

Ok, good for him. To bad it won't make him, Kobe or and Laker sudden lockdown perimeter defenders.

Atrocious PG D can be hidden and nobody does it better than the Lakers. And unfortunately for the NBA, Kobe plays lockdown D in the playoffs. :lol

TheManFromAcme
12-31-2010, 08:17 AM
Looking forward to Bynum's next injury. :D

careful......

Ace
12-31-2010, 10:39 AM
They don't need him to.
So why bring it up? Its irrelevant.

Atrocious PG D can be hidden and nobody does it better than the Lakers. And unfortunately for the NBA, Kobe plays lockdown D in the playoffs. :lol
Kobe is noticeably slower and not the defender he once was. Have you not watched one game this year? Before you mention years past, Kobe does age and he's at the wrong side of 30.

Cessation
12-31-2010, 10:49 AM
Age is definetly catching up to kobe bean. This team is not as good as last years, I don't think gimpy Bynum will be enough to save the season. Mavs and Spurs are better than last year. When a 6-5 second year center is dominating the vaunted laker frontline, you know something isn't right.

21_Blessings
12-31-2010, 12:32 PM
Its irrelevant.

Why post? You're irrelevant.

Kobe is noticeably slower and not the defender he once was. Have you not watched one game this year? Before you mention years past, Kobe does age and he's at the wrong side of 30.

Did you not watch one game last Laker playoff run?

Before you mention the regular season again realize the Lakers have been to three straight finals which is more than Lebron/Wade combined for their careers.

Ace
12-31-2010, 01:52 PM
Why post? You're irrelevant.
:lol Pussy hurt statement.

Did you not watch one game last Laker playoff run?

Before you mention the regular season again realize the Lakers have been to three straight finals which is more than Lebron/Wade combined for their careers.

You're the queen of irrelevant. Sure they did but doesn't change the fact Kobe is a year older and on the decline. Come on you can't be this stupid.

rayjayjohnson
12-31-2010, 01:55 PM
lol @ laker fans thinking bynum makes a difference

Wildcat67
12-31-2010, 02:05 PM
lol @ lakers fans thinking this year is last year.

21_Blessings
12-31-2010, 02:20 PM
:lol Pussy hurt

Sums everything you have ever posted. lol some anon spur fan pretending to be a Miami fan for 1000+ posts. :lmao

Ace
12-31-2010, 02:43 PM
Sums everything you have ever posted. lol some anon spur fan pretending to be a Miami fan for 1000+ posts. :lmao

Here this will help you...
http://www.overstockdrugstore.com/product_images/j/312843166738.jpg

LkrFan
12-31-2010, 11:09 PM
Defensively, they are giving up 38% so far. Yeah it's the 6ers, but our defense has been sucking for these last couple of games so this is a welcome sight. The Lakers also out rebounded them 15-8, gave up only 3 fast break points, and only 19 points. I know the offense will come back around. It's the defense that will get the champs out of their rut. So far so good...

ElNono
12-31-2010, 11:15 PM
Bench is horrible outside of Odom, tbh. Philly just cut a 12 point lead to 4. Now Lakers pick it up again with an Odom basket.

LkrFan
12-31-2010, 11:20 PM
Bench is horrible outside of Odom, tbh. Philly just cut a 12 point lead to 4. Now Lakers pick it up again with an Odom basket.I wouldn't say horrible. They are role players. LO, Blake, and Barnes have all been starters in the league during their careers. It will take a minute for them to gel now that Drew is starting and LO is on the bench now. I'm not sweating it too much.

ElNono
12-31-2010, 11:30 PM
I doubt Lakers lose this.
That said, Blake is fucking horrible. Bogans was a starter in this league too. That doesn't really mean much.

Capt Bringdown
12-31-2010, 11:57 PM
Derek Fisher is an index of how good the Lakers are - it might as well be 4 on 5 out there. Just imagine if they had a real NBA player at that position.

That being said, he'll probably do his usual timely jumper routine in the playoffs. I keep waiting for that bet to stop paying off.

#41 Shoot Em Up
01-01-2011, 12:02 AM
If Bynum can stay right and in shape he's a m'fn
beast

LkrFan
01-01-2011, 12:19 AM
Why in the hell is Fisher out there playing 26 minutes? Blake was supposed to shorten his minutes this year.

ElNono
01-01-2011, 12:30 AM
Why in the hell is Fisher out there playing 26 minutes? Blake was supposed to shorten his minutes this year.

lol @ that bench turning a 11 point lead into a 3 point game, again...

Wildcat67
01-01-2011, 12:32 AM
The Lakers defense is pathetic.

Banzai
01-01-2011, 12:36 AM
The Lakers defense is pathetic.

no shit Sherlock.

Banzai
01-01-2011, 12:37 AM
lol @ that bench turning a 11 point lead into a 3 point game, again...

Brown, Blake, Fisher, Barnes. Tell me something..if the Spurs had these guys..could they be any better?

ElNono
01-01-2011, 12:45 AM
Brown, Blake, Fisher, Barnes. Tell me something..if the Spurs had these guys..could they be any better?

Surprised Phil can't make lemonade with them... You would think they're better than Radmanovic, Walton, Sasha and Farmar

ElNono
01-01-2011, 12:46 AM
Sixers bust their butts to make it a close game, then start chucking bad shot after bad shot at the end.

ElNono
01-01-2011, 12:48 AM
Kobe show coming right up

Banzai
01-01-2011, 12:53 AM
Jebus..this is one thing I really dislike about the Lakers...every fucking time..lead by a lot..game goes down to the wire...

ElNono
01-01-2011, 12:54 AM
lol Doug Collins

ElNono
01-01-2011, 12:55 AM
Jebus..this is one thing I really dislike about the Lakers...every fucking time..lead by a lot..game goes down to the wire...

Everybody has a shot at Staples looks like

Banzai
01-01-2011, 12:57 AM
Everybody has a shot at Staples looks like

Apparently, definitely something I notice when any team comes to town..even the ones below .500. Of course I wish the Lakers would blow teams out..not just squeak out wins.

ElNono
01-01-2011, 12:59 AM
A win is a win though..

Banzai
01-01-2011, 01:01 AM
Agreed. Say the Spurs had something like this happen..wouldn't you be a bit disappointed?

Fabbs
01-01-2011, 01:01 AM
online says
100-98 Philly with ball and chance to tie or go ahead. Lou misses a trey, "Philly defensive rebound" and the next thing it says is that Kobitch Cryant is going to the line for more FTs?

ElNono
01-01-2011, 01:06 AM
Agreed. Say the Spurs had something like this happen..wouldn't you be a bit disappointed?

It's different. The defending champ always gets the benefit of the doubt.
That said, it's odd. I watch plenty of basketball and it's been a while that the Lakers have so many close contests at home in a while. Theres always a blowout interspeded there, especially at home. And by a while I mean a couple of seasons.

Amuseddaysleeper
01-01-2011, 01:11 AM
Banzai, don't stress about the Lakers yet. If they haven't gotten their shit together after the ASB break then worry.

Killakobe81
01-01-2011, 01:14 AM
It's different. The defending champ always gets the benefit of the doubt.
That said, it's odd. I watch plenty of basketball and it's been a while that the Lakers have so many close contests at home in a while. Theres always a blowout interspeded there, especially at home. And by a while I mean a couple of seasons.

Last 3 seasons we have had close games with Philly. In fact andre hit a game winner there in 2008 IIRC ...

Did we look great? No. But we won and when the Lakers were focused they had the game in hand. I will not worry about the Lakers until we start losing playoff games. Do I feel as confident as last year? Again, No. But we closed out the season last year like we are playing now ...in fact the spurs and blazers walked in to Staples and won games late last year ...

No need to panic ... just keep everything in perspective.

Neal is makig a uge difference for the spurs. Obviously Manu has carried the team most nights but Neal is killing teams for doubling or helping. And usiually the spurs have a lead when Neal and the reserves come in ...and neal helps stretch that lead. But we will see if he maintains his blistering start. Spurs look amazing.

LkrFan
01-01-2011, 01:31 AM
Perimeter defense is putrid. That's why scrub teams will give us some problems - even if their front line sucks. We had 50 points in the paint to their 34, yet we squeaked out a 4 point win... at home? I know it's a process, but the Lakers have to shore up their perimeter defense. Maybe they were thinking about getting their drink on for New Years after the game? Anyway, 23rd letter. I'll take it.

ElNono
01-01-2011, 01:37 AM
Last 3 seasons we have had close games with Philly. In fact andre hit a game winner there in 2008 IIRC ...

Did we look great? No. But we won and when the Lakers were focused they had the game in hand. I will not worry about the Lakers until we start losing playoff games. Do I feel as confident as last year? Again, No. But we closed out the season last year like we are playing now ...in fact the spurs and blazers walked in to Staples and won games late last year ...

No need to panic ... just keep everything in perspective.

Neal is makig a uge difference for the spurs. Obviously Manu has carried the team most nights but Neal is killing teams for doubling or helping. And usiually the spurs have a lead when Neal and the reserves come in ...and neal helps stretch that lead. But we will see if he maintains his blistering start. Spurs look amazing.

FWIW, I wasn't specifically talking about Philly. I was talking about the last 3 games at Staples. Bucks = close game, Miami = blowout loss, today = close game again. Just odd after looking thorough domination at Staples for a few seasons.

The bench is killing the Lakers rigth now. Look at the boxscore today and you'll see all of them ended up negative in plus/minus, including LO. But Lamar was not the problem if you saw the game, it's just hard to play with guys that don't defend worth shit.

Nothing is set in stone in December though. Lakers need to take advantage of this stretch run until end of January when they play Dallas again. That's basically what the Spurs did early in the season.

Wildcat67
01-01-2011, 02:13 AM
Perimeter defense is putrid. That's why scrub teams will give us some problems - even if their front line sucks. We had 50 points in the paint to their 34, yet we squeaked out a 4 point win... at home? I know it's a process, but the Lakers have to shore up their perimeter defense. Maybe they were thinking about getting their drink on for New Years after the game? Anyway, 23rd letter. I'll take it.

There were times when a 76ers guard would just take one quick dribble to the left or right and basically be wide open. Make one pass and someone is wide open.

I haven't watched the Lakers a lot this year and I was totally stunned watching the game tonight.

DMC
01-01-2011, 02:42 AM
Clock mismanagement keeps average teams average.

LkrFan
01-01-2011, 05:09 AM
Laker Highlights (http://lakersmedia.com/Flash/sixers-at-lakers-1231-hd-highlights.html)

Kobe still got hops HH, and midnight. Blew by rookie Jodie Meeks and dunked on Nocioni. ;)

EDIT: That dunk Big Drew had on Brand (too easy by the way) - imagine that being Blair. It will be the same results, tbh. Drew is slowly rounding into form.

We're coming for the Spurs. Go Lakers Go! :lol

Rummpd
01-01-2011, 02:32 PM
Laker Highlights (http://lakersmedia.com/Flash/sixers-at-lakers-1231-hd-highlights.html)

Kobe still got hops HH, and midnight. Blew by rookie Jodie Meeks and dunked on Nocioni. ;)

EDIT: That dunk Big Drew had on Brand (too easy by the way) - imagine that being Blair. It will be the same results, tbh. Drew is slowly rounding into form.

Almost losing at home to the weak Sixers! Your second straight beat down comes Feb 3.

Giuseppe
01-01-2011, 02:35 PM
Almost

That "Almost" rigamarole is what led you to The Skunker.

jjktkk
01-01-2011, 02:39 PM

For your sake, you better hope Kobe starts doing more than just imagining he pass the ball once in awhile.

Giuseppe
01-01-2011, 02:42 PM
For your sake, you better hope Kobe starts doing more than just imagining he pass the ball once in awhile.

Across the last two Junes he ain't failed.

jjktkk
01-01-2011, 02:47 PM
Across the last two Junes he ain't failed.

Kobe's problem is father time and his selfish side telling him he has to prove to his opponents that he still can dominate a game. The Lakers/Spurs game was proof of that IMO.

Giuseppe
01-01-2011, 02:50 PM
Apparently, definitely something I notice when any team comes to town..even the ones below .500. Of course I wish the Lakers would blow teams out..not just squeak out wins.

Well, these fucks get their hard on when we're sighted. They're dedicated then:::talkin' on the court, communicatin', their coach is a coachin' like he's paid to do (see Collins last night), it's something else again. Then afterward, win or lose, they harken back to their previous catatonic state, i.e, Milwaukee, Phoenix, et al. It's something else again.

ElNono
01-02-2011, 11:56 PM
Here's one change: Getting blown out by sub .500 teams at Staples... :lol

silverblk mystix
01-02-2011, 11:59 PM
So Bynum is changing everything again, huh? :lmao

Spursmania
01-03-2011, 12:03 AM

Capt Bringdown
01-03-2011, 12:08 AM
In the blowout home loss to the mighty Memphis Grizzlies, Kobe had 22 shots while no other Laker had more than 9.

And, someone named Shannon Brown was the Lakers assist leader with 3. Just 13 assists total for the game.

peskypesky
01-03-2011, 12:08 AM
oh damn!! :lmao

buttsR4rebounding
01-03-2011, 12:15 AM
The Lakers actually have the misfortune of playing in the weakest division in the league. There is no one to push them. The Spurs, for example, know if they let off the gas Dallas is there to overtake them. Even though the Lakers have the lowest winning percentage of any division leader in the NBA they still have the biggest lead over the 2nd place team in their division, the juggernaut Phoenix Suns with an exceptional 14-18 record. So it has to be in the back of all the Lakers mind that no matter what they do the division title and a 1st round home series is guaranteed to them. They figure they can work with that when the time comes.

LnGrrrR
01-03-2011, 12:17 AM
In the blowout home loss to the mighty Memphis Grizzlies, Kobe had 22 shots while no other Laker had more than 9.

And, someone named Shannon Brown was the Lakers assist leader with 3. Just 13 assists total for the game.

Wow. Rondo was/is averaging more than that a game.

Josepatches_
01-03-2011, 12:35 AM
So it has to be in the back of all the Lakers mind that no matter what they do the division title and a 1st round home series is guaranteed to them. They figure they can work with that when the time comes.

That's not true.

If they win the division they will be 4th at worst so they will face the 5th.That's the advantage they can have.They will be 4th even if they don't have the 4th best record but they need to have a better record than the 5th seed to have home court advantage.

The record is what gives you the home court advantage.

For example you can see the Jazz/Rockets series in the first round of 2008.Utah won the Division but the Rockets had the home court advantage.

LkrFan
01-03-2011, 12:56 AM
Pathetic effort tonight. Just pathetic.

j.dizzle
01-03-2011, 01:02 AM
Bynum actually played with some effort tbh. He had like 10-11 boards & atleast 5 blocks. Nobody had his back when he altered shots. LO & Pau played like they just got laid before the game.

NRHector
01-03-2011, 01:05 AM
Bynum actually played with some effort tbh. He had like 10-11 boards & atleast 5 blocks. Nobody had his back when he altered shots. LO & Pau played like they just got laid before the game.

with each other?

lefty
01-03-2011, 01:07 AM
Epic fail thread

LkrFan
01-03-2011, 01:21 AM
Epic fail thread
You would say that...with 48 games left to right the ship. :rolleyes

BanditHiro
01-03-2011, 02:07 AM
You would say that...with 48 games left to right the ship. :rolleyes

but this is around the time of the year the lakers shut it off and rely on the impressive amount of wins they stock piled early on...

Ice009
01-03-2011, 02:42 AM
Maybe this was part of the Gasol deal that the Lakers have to let the Grizz win some games against them.

Giuseppe
01-03-2011, 05:15 AM
& then ring.

Rummpd
01-03-2011, 09:44 AM
I am not ready to give the death nell to the LAL as they are simply very talented and Bynum is very good (and has gotten to be the biggest thing size wise on an NBA court with talent since Shaq, although not at his level in Shaq's prime, physically when healthy) but the problem is that right now LAL is starting basically 3 on 5 with Fisher and Artest playing bad -the thing about Jackson is that this slump might force him to change to Barnes and Blake in the starting lineups and IMO LAL could be tougher then.

LkrFan
03-06-2011, 10:41 PM
Bump

:toast

Beau
03-06-2011, 10:57 PM
Bump

:toast

You're batting .500.