PDA

View Full Version : Charles Barkley Tonight

DMC
12-30-2010, 06:22 PM
Last week, when the Spurs lost to Orlando, Charles said, with a smug look, that at the end of this week, the Mavs will be ahead of the Spurs in the standings.

Granted, Barkley could not foresee Dirk's injury, but at the same time he really discounted the Spurs vs Lakers matchup. Barkley just knew the Spurs would lose to Orlando, to the Lakers and to the Mavs, and figured the Mavs would easily beat Toronto. Well, regardless of tonight's outcome, Barkley is once again shown to be full of shit.

I wonder if either EJ or Kenny will bring up Charles' prediction last week. If they don't, it's just more ho hum by the media in regards to anything black and silver.

spursnatic
12-30-2010, 06:38 PM
Yeah I am pretty sure EJ and Kenny will bring it up?...But then Charles will say well the MAVS are without Dirk and blah blah blah....Screw Barkley, Spurs will shut him up pretty soon, and he'll be back on the SPURS banwagon.....

GinobiliForTres
12-30-2010, 06:40 PM
yeah i am pretty sure ej and kenny will bring it up?...but then charles will say well the mavs are without dirk and blah blah blah....screw barkley, spurs will shut him up pretty soon, and he'll be back on the spurs banwagon.....

ginobili

edit: tried to put it in all caps to imitate barkley. damn.

#41 Shoot Em Up
12-30-2010, 06:41 PM
Yea when Charles said that I was suprised.
I knew the Mavs wouldn't be in first going into this game.
I expect Barkley to say something along the lines of "Spurs are the best team in Texas when Dirk isn't playing" lol, you know something stupid

jeebus
12-30-2010, 06:42 PM
He'll be back on it by the end of the night, if we beat dallas, if not sooner.

Mugen
12-30-2010, 06:51 PM
people need to stop taking what Chuck says so seriously.

DieHardSpursFan1537
12-30-2010, 07:03 PM
Nobody cares what the tub of crap says. Terrible analyst. The best thing about his career are the Taco Bell commercials he makes.

NRHector
12-30-2010, 07:10 PM
wow fan night 63% Spurs vs Knicks , wtf now everybody wants to see the Spurs?

spurspokesman
12-30-2010, 07:14 PM
wagon jumpers. Every one loves a winner. Dont worry if the three amigos in south beach win a few more they will all crossover:lol

JR21
12-30-2010, 07:15 PM
Last week, when the Spurs lost to Orlando, Charles said, with a smug look, that at the end of this week, the Mavs will be ahead of the Spurs in the standings.

Granted, Barkley could not foresee Dirk's injury, but at the same time he really discounted the Spurs vs Lakers matchup. Barkley just knew the Spurs would lose to Orlando, to the Lakers and to the Mavs, and figured the Mavs would easily beat Toronto. Well, regardless of tonight's outcome, Barkley is once again shown to be full of shit.

I wonder if either EJ or Kenny will bring up Charles' prediction last week. If they don't, it's just more ho hum by the media in regards to anything black and silver.
It's ok I like to see Barkley talk mess, it seems he's just punishing us for all the times we took his Suns in the playoffs and spanked that ass. But it's funny because EJ and Kenny will always end up bringing it up when he wrong and he has to look stupid on National TV.:downspin: Keep it coming...

rayray2k8
12-30-2010, 07:19 PM

People like the new run and gun spurs. I'm still not use to seeing this type of tempo, but I trust that Pop will manage well.
But these are the same spurs from years ago so I imagine that it probably will slow down by playoff time.
Guess that just makes them more deadly and we've yet to see them play real spurs basketball with grind it out D.

So there's still room for improvement.

NRHector
12-30-2010, 07:20 PM
people like the new run and gun spurs. I'm still not use to seeing this type of tempo, but i trust that pop will manage well.
But these are the same spurs from years ago so i imagine that it probably will slow down by playoff time.
Guess that just makes them more deadly and we've yet to see them play real spurs basketball with grind it out d.

So there's still room for improvement.+1

Harry Callahan
12-30-2010, 07:32 PM
No big deal either way.

Charles is paid to be a contrarian (sp?) and say out of the box stuff.

I honestly think he likes both of these teams a lot this year. Dallas and San Antonio are simply going to be in the mix all year and these two teams will likely battle it out for the division until the end of the year just like they have most of the last decade.

He's just being Charles.

DesignatedT
12-30-2010, 07:36 PM
He's an idiot.

lil'mo
12-30-2010, 07:53 PM

lol butthurt spurs fans upset about someones opinion. If you weren't a new fan, you'd know that Barkley has had the spurs' back for years now.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
12-30-2010, 07:58 PM

Exactly. Chuck is fun, and occasionally he says something cogent/insightful, but mainly he's just there to be Chuck.

Who cares whether our team gets respect from the mainstream? The mainstream in all things is a steaming pile of shallow mediocrity. We respect our team - hell, we love them - and that's all that matters.

Oh, and lil'mo is right - Chuck has been giving the Spurs props for most of this decade. Right now he likes the Mavs more. Who cares why? It's just his opinion.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
12-30-2010, 08:04 PM
BTW, you can still get 10-1 on us to win the Championship in Australia. I'm putting my money on in about 20 minutes.

pjjrfan
12-30-2010, 08:18 PM
lol butthurt spurs fans upset about someones opinion. If you weren't a new fan, you'd know that Barkley has had the spurs' back for years now.

Since 2003 when he picked them and no one else did. And that was the same year he started the G-I-N-O-B-I-L-I!!!!!!!! Charles is an entertainer with some insight, and he's not always wrong. But his thing is to have fun and watch the games.

GrandeDavid
12-30-2010, 08:41 PM
Exactly. Chuck is fun, and occasionally he says something cogent/insightful, but mainly he's just there to be Chuck.

Who cares whether our team gets respect from the mainstream? The mainstream in all things is a steaming pile of shallow mediocrity. We respect our team - hell, we love them - and that's all that matters.

Oh, and lil'mo is right - Chuck has been giving the Spurs props for most of this decade. Right now he likes the Mavs more. Who cares why? It's just his opinion.

Superb take.

DMC
12-30-2010, 10:58 PM
I guess you're here because you are considering jumping ship? There's no reason to follow your team, might as well follow mine.

You will change your username and be a Spurs fan, cuz you mad.

:blah

MannyIsGod
12-30-2010, 11:50 PM
Jesus fuck who cares? Why do you guys get so defensive when a media personality doesn't think the Spurs are the best?

Sean Cagney
12-31-2010, 12:19 AM

True true TRUE!!!!!!!!!

ShoogarBear
12-31-2010, 12:20 AM

DMC
12-31-2010, 12:24 AM
Jesus fuck who cares? Why do you guys get so defensive when a media personality doesn't think the Spurs are the best?Why do you fucking click on a thread when you know what the topic is and you think it's bullshit? Get a fucking life... u mad?

:toast

lefty
12-31-2010, 12:27 AM
Charles is still gambling IMHO

He is trying to trick everybody else in Vegas into betting against SA, so he can win the jackpot

Very clever

TampaDude
12-31-2010, 12:28 AM
Charles is still gambling IMHO

He is trying to trick everybody else in Vegas into betting against SA, so he can win the jackpot

Very clever

LOL I was just thinking the very same thing! :lol

RuffnReadyOzStyle
12-31-2010, 12:34 AM
Did you notice I said you can get 10-1 about the Spurs in Oz? I think we're 6-1 in Vegas. Nice odds Downunder.

Anyway, I'm off to party like it's NYE 2010-11, because it is! ;)

easjer
12-31-2010, 12:36 AM
I rolled my eyes a fair amount after the game w/ Chuck being Chuck and sticking with his ridiculous soundbite. The least he could do is be more original - "Naw, man, I still like the Mavs, still think they're better. Spurs didn't prove anything by winning a game they should have won without Dirk."

But that's about as invested as I was in what he said, because his whole goal on that show is to provide outlandish takes and interesting fodder for arguments, not to present a cogent defense of his thoughtful basketball analysis.

easjer
12-31-2010, 12:38 AM
KNICKS

Yes, Shoog, it being the Knicks has something to do with it, but it's a combination of revitalized/interesting Knicks and top of the league fast-paced Spurs.

You can't tell me anyone outside hardcore fans wanted to see that matchup two years ago.

tdunk21
12-31-2010, 12:40 AM
wow barkley is talkin like a drunk......says

1) dallas will go further than spurs in the playoffs
2) 2 best teams in the east are the teams from florida.....

Texas_Ranger
12-31-2010, 12:44 AM
Bulls are the most dangerous team.

A team that starts Keith Bogans will NEVER win shit. Or even a team that plays Keith Bogans 10 minutes a game will NEVER win shit.

DJ Mbenga
12-31-2010, 12:45 AM
looks like kenny smith had some of barkleys stuff. doesnt think love is an all star

ShoogarBear
12-31-2010, 12:47 AM
Yes, Shoog, it being the Knicks has something to do with it, but it's a combination of revitalized/interesting Knicks and top of the league fast-paced Spurs.

You can't tell me anyone outside hardcore fans wanted to see that matchup two years ago.

Oh, there's definitely more interest in the Spurs. But any Knick team that looks like it has a shot at the playoffs is going to get overhyped. If this years' Knicks were playing last years' Spurs, the % wouldn't be as high, but I bet it'd still win.

HeavyWeight
12-31-2010, 12:49 AM
Charles seems drunk tonight. Like legit.