PDA

View Full Version : mav fans...

TheSpursFNRule
12-31-2010, 03:09 AM
Your truly making a case for being the worst fan base on this board. All this BS about us beating you without your superstar. Remember when you knocked us out 4-1 in 2009 when we were without Manu and than all of 2010 you rubbed it in our faces...Now we beat you in a regular season game without Dirk and you all cry like fucking babies. :lol:lol:lol:lol

I hope all of you Mav fans get pushed off a cliff by the person you love most. Than I hope superman catches you on the way down and drops you from higher. You are pathetic and I can't wait til you fucking blow it in the playoffs yet again. What honestly makes you think this year is different from any other? I mean christ you finished with 65 plus wins and blew it to a bunch of midgets. You guys really really really really really need to stop talking shit until you either get out of the first round or win a ring(doubtful).

Peace out pussies and enjoy the new year which will result in another 1st round exit.....
:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin

TheSpursFNRule
12-31-2010, 03:09 AM
good lord im brilliant.

TE
12-31-2010, 03:13 AM
damn son, so harsh

Dirkadirkastan
12-31-2010, 03:53 AM
Dirk Nowitzki is the most significant player in the matchup because it's more than just about individual abilities. The way he spreads the floor allows other guys to get open looks and dive cuts to the rim.

Did you notice how not a single Maverick is able to consistently create his own shot in the paint off the dribble? Unless you want to count Barea, but he fucks up about as often as anybody. On your end, if you're missing Ginobili, you still have Parker to break down the defense and vice versa. Then there's also George Hill, as well as this "Gary Neal" character that I've never heard of.

The point is, the Spurs have enough talented players to run the same system even if one or two key players are missing. The Mavs are clueless what to do half the time when they can't play off the Big German. It's a wonder the game was even close.

Frenzy
12-31-2010, 04:05 AM
You forgot "just saying"

TE
12-31-2010, 04:07 AM
Dirk Nowitzki is the most significant player in the matchup because it's more than just about individual abilities. The way he spreads the floor allows other guys to get open looks and dive cuts to the rim.

Did you notice how not a single Maverick is able to consistently create his own shot in the paint off the dribble? Unless you want to count Barea, but he fucks up about as often as anybody. On your end, if you're missing Ginobili, you still have Parker to break down the defense and vice versa. Then there's also George Hill, as well as this "Gary Neal" character that I've never heard of.

The point is, the Spurs have enough talented players to run the same system even if one or two key players are missing. The Mavs are clueless what to do half the time when they can't play off the Big German. It's a wonder the game was even close.

A mavericks troll throwing the bate out there with a solid piece...or am I wrong?

100%duncan
12-31-2010, 05:29 AM

dont be jealous, SON

Roger Freemason Jr.
12-31-2010, 06:03 AM

If you're team is nothing without Dirk, all that means is that you lack depth, and I refuse to believe that. The Mavericks are a team compiled of really talented shooters and defenders, Dirk is significant in scoring, but his defense is atrocious. If you believe that Dirk is the only one who can run the team, with his persistent scoring, than you're in route to get defeated against The Spurs in the playoffs, and if you somehow got passed us, the Celtics would destroy yall. Spurs & Celts are not one-man-teams, and the diversity from our offense WILL kill the Mavs in a series.

mavs>spurs
12-31-2010, 06:06 AM
mavs used to have the best fanbase tho, before the picklebreaths joined it and spoiled it.

Spursfanfromafar
12-31-2010, 06:10 AM

And you pay luxury tax to keep this crew? How much luxury tax was it? Aaah.. $30+ million.. A 5 year $50mil+ contract for a bench warmer who was glued to it tonight .. and now you have excuses about how Nowitzki is indispensable for you. Give up being a Mavs fan, Mavs fan :)

Proxy
12-31-2010, 07:33 AM

No. Just shut up. We aren't contenders without Manu. He may not have the stats that Dirk has, but he is the more accomplished player for a reason, and that would be because he's better. He's a winner, and makes his surrounding team better. You either don't know the spurs, or you don't know basketball. The reason for our seasons ending without us being a serious threat since 07 are because Manu wasn't healthy each year during the playoffs.

I don't see how you guys even have the nerve to talk the shit you do when you have the only MVP to ever lose in the first round, the only team ever to lose as a 1 and 2 seed, and your biggest claim to fame is a WCF trophy to our 4 championship trophies, and our 2 time MVP who happens to be the greatest to ever play the game at the same position as your superstar... not to mention your team is full of douchebags, and so is your fan base.

Rummpd
12-31-2010, 08:12 AM
I actually admire Mavs fans for their eternal optimism as they have taken on the torch from the Buffalo Bills, Sac. Kings, da Cubs and other sports franchises with fans that care too much and rave every year (this year backed by Charles B) about a team that will in the end, always short of a championship, will brutally break their hearts.

Shank
12-31-2010, 09:17 AM
Sweet thread from some of the Spurstalk veterans. Well done.

Rummpd
12-31-2010, 09:33 AM
Sweet thread from some of the Spurstalk veterans. Well done.

*Personally, if the Spurs do not win the title this year I would just as soon have the Mavs win one finally than just about anyone else (as they have been in the hunt and kept their core to try to win a championship and I do admire the greatness of Dirk and Kidd over their careers) and would just have to tolerate the boorish Jason Terry and Cuban as part of that package.

*When the others are the jerkish Garnett and the over-hyped Celtic crew, or worse Kobe and the LAL crowd, and/or the hellish scenario of James and his co-trio of stars getting a championship in the first year. On the other hand, I would not mind a team like Utah, the Thunder or Magic getting their first titles personally.

mikeschy55
12-31-2010, 12:35 PM
Dirk is 100 times the player Manu is. Whenever we play the spurs, I'm not really worried about Manu. I think he's a good player and all but it's not like he's unstoppable, you guys treat him like he just won back to back MVPs.

Chieflion
12-31-2010, 12:40 PM
Dirk is 100 times the player Manu is. Whenever we play the spurs, I'm not really worried about Manu. I think he's a good player and all but it's not like he's unstoppable, you guys treat him like he just won back to back MVPs.

That's interesting. So which Spur are Mav fans most afraid of?

Silent
12-31-2010, 12:51 PM
That's interesting. So which Spur are Mav fans most afraid of?

Mavs cant choose who they are scared of on spurs roster . We too deep . :flag:

Dunc n Dave
12-31-2010, 12:56 PM

The game was close because the Mavs zone took away the Spurs aggressiveness. They started settling for threes and the 3's stopped falling in the 2nd and 3rd quarters. Gotta admit, the Mavs play some good zone D. Luckily the Spurs figured it out int he 4th by running screen and roll down the middle of the paint with McDyess.

Dunc n Dave
12-31-2010, 12:59 PM
*Personally, if the Spurs do not win the title this year I would just as soon have the Mavs win one finally than just about anyone else (as they have been in the hunt and kept their core to try to win a championship and I do admire the greatness of Dirk and Kidd over their careers) and would just have to tolerate the boorish Jason Terry and Cuban as part of that package.

*When the others are the jerkish Garnett and the over-hyped Celtic crew, or worse Kobe and the LAL crowd, and/or the hellish scenario of James and his co-trio of stars getting a championship in the first year. On the other hand, I would not mind a team like Utah, the Thunder or Magic getting their first titles personally.

As long as Jason Terry is in a Mavs uni, I cannot root for them in any series (well, except maybe vs the Lakers). Would be nice to see the Magic win one if the Spurs don't.

Greg Oden
12-31-2010, 01:00 PM
No. Just shut up. We aren't contenders without Manu. He may not have the stats that Dirk has, but he is the more accomplished player for a reason, and that would be because he's better. He's a winner, and makes his surrounding team better. You either don't know the spurs, or you don't know basketball. The reason for our seasons ending without us being a serious threat since 07 are because Manu wasn't healthy each year during the playoffs.

crofl it's like gray spurfans take turns signing up just to post this, usually to be told how stupid they are by other spurfan.

lol manu > Dirk

DieHardSpursFan1537
12-31-2010, 01:24 PM

The Mavericks still have a lot of talent without Dirk, but they don't use it right or something, because without Dirk, the Mavericks can keep choking dirt.

DieHardSpursFan1537
12-31-2010, 01:24 PM
What made you come up with 100?

DMC
12-31-2010, 01:25 PM
Dirk is a great shooter, nothing else.

If Manu had Dirk's length and shooting ability, Michael Jordan would leave the country.