PDA

View Full Version : The Engine is Warm...

bigbendbruisebrother
05-28-2005, 02:32 PM
...and the choke is turned off.

As a long-time Spurs fan, games like tonight have often driven me to drink. You know what I mean--games that would make things much less interesting to anyone else but dedicated fans if the Spurs would just win them. I often think that the Spurs ability to win on other team's terms opens them up to losing on those terms as well. Every silver lining has its cloud, so to speak. Game Four in Seattle comes to mind, and many more in years past. We've enjoyed the past two games immensely, but how many on this board are slightly wary of the style our team has adopted? The Spurs have thrived so far by avoiding the 7 minute shooting slump that has frequently haunted them this year. What if that creeps up, and we allow Phoenix to score 110 points?

The problem for Phoenix is, a Spurs choke is not in the cards for one big reason: the reason why we've avoided the 7 minute slump is because Phx has been unable to stop us from getting to the rack. The poison the suns have chosen all season has been allowing us to dunk and layup at will (not to mention failing to guard Robert Horry at key moments).

Two cliches come to mind:

1. Defense wins championships.
2. A tiger can't change his stripes.

Tonight, the Spurs will continue to pound Phoenix. Spurs 110 - Suns 94.

Boo
05-28-2005, 02:59 PM

Dingle Barry
05-28-2005, 03:01 PM
tigers win championships