PDA

View Full Version : CP3 would be the best fit for a team like the Lakers

Pelicans78
12-31-2010, 05:42 PM
He's not the guy who will take over games in the 4th quarter, but he's a strong ball-handler, passer, good defender, and a good shooter. He needs an elite wing player to win a championship obviously, but he can do pretty much anything on the floor other than taking over a game by scoring. A great all-around PG.

4>0rings
12-31-2010, 06:02 PM
You should add the Lakers to your list of teams you root for tbh.

Venti Quattro
01-01-2011, 01:23 AM
Shut up we want Deron

Killakobe81
01-01-2011, 01:24 AM
I would take either but prefer Dwill ...

DMC
01-01-2011, 02:34 AM
The Lakers don't deserve an elite PG. They need to develop one like real teams do.

TDMVPDPOY
01-01-2011, 02:38 AM
The Lakers don't deserve an elite PG. They need to develop one like real teams do.

wait for it....

derek fisher lmao

DMC
01-01-2011, 02:44 AM
Isn't it funny how the Lakers' fans always want the best players from other teams to come to LA? They bash the fuck out of these guys until they come to LA, then they ride their cocks for years.

You guys need to scout, find a gem, develop that gem and you will have a good PG like Farmar and Fisher.

Danny.Zhu
01-01-2011, 02:50 AM
It will be great for the Lakers to get CP3 this year and Howard next year. I bet Stern is working on it.

LkrFan
01-01-2011, 02:59 AM
It will be great for the Lakers to get CP3 this year and Howard next year. I bet Stern is working on it.
:lol

Honestly though, anybody other than Fisher. Yes he's clutch, but if he didn't suck so bad the Lakers wouldn't be in the position to need a clutch shot.

Pelicans78
01-01-2011, 10:25 AM
I would take either but prefer Dwill ...

Unless Kobe is seriously declining, CP3 would be the better option. He's not as big as D-Will and isn't a prolific scorer, but he does everything really well. He's shooting 46% from the 3-point land, he's an excellent passer and ball-handler. He has a super high basketball IQ, he gets alot of steals which is equal to a blocked shot and he won't turn the ball over. He's really a perfect PG. He doesn't have the ability to explode and take over games scoring wise, but next to elite players like Kobe and Gasol, he would be the perfect fit. He doesn't need to score to control a game.

Nathan Explosion
01-01-2011, 04:59 PM
The one thing you all are forgetting is the offense the Lakers run. The triangle doesn't allow for a PG that dominates the ball the way Paul and Deron do. As funny as it sounds, a "true" PG isn't what the triangle needs. It needs someone who can play off the ball while Kobe, Gasol or Odom help initiate the offense.

Baseline
01-01-2011, 05:08 PM
Wrong. Chris Paul's talents would be wasted in LA as long as a selfish ballhog like Bryant is there. Bryant thinks the ball needs to be in his hands at all times, and that every shot should be his.

On the other hand, if Bryant were to get hit by a bus tonight, Chris Paul could lead the rest of the Lakers to a title. Chris Paul would understand how good they would be if they simply feed the post all night long. Bryant obviously hasn't figured out this concept even after 15 years in the league.

Giuseppe
01-01-2011, 05:27 PM
Wrong. Chris Paul's talents would be wasted in LA as long as a selfish ballhog like Bryant is there. Bryant thinks the ball needs to be in his hands at all times, and that every shot should be his.

On the other hand, if Bryant were to get hit by a bus tonight, Chris Paul could lead the rest of the Lakers to a title. Chris Paul would understand how good they would be if they simply feed the post all night long. Bryant obviously hasn't figured out this concept even after 15 years in the league.

That's pie-in-the-sky utterance, Base. Bryant has triumphed because & inspite of his pathology. You don't ring five times unless you know where the bear shits in the buckwheat. Is he twisted & sour? Yes. Is he a winner? Yes.

Prompting a championship for Paul by typing the words above is so simple & easy. Getting past May and on into June still upright is quite another feat. Finishing it then transends us:::Therein' rests the unmanageable, the excruciatingly uncontrollable that Bryant found himself in---in Game 7. It took Fish how many freakin' times to admonish him at timeout to live it Vs. fast forward it on the VCR in his mind? The answer crystallized as he fiddle farted (up & then down) around at the arc trying to get that shot off so he could live what he then bitterly bequeathed Artest.

Did it cure Bryant? No. But, I don't need him cured. It was enough.

Ghazi
01-01-2011, 05:32 PM
That's pie-in-the-sky utterance, Base. Bryant has triumphed because & inspite of his pathology. You don't ring five times unless you know where the bear shits in the buckwheat. Is he twisted & sour? Yes. Is he a winner? Yes.

Prompting a championship for Paul by typing the words above is so simple & easy. Getting past May and on into June still upright is quite another feat. Finishing it then transends us:::Therein' rests the unmanageable, the excruciatingly uncontrollable that Bryant found himself in---in Game 7. It took Fish how many freakin' times to admonish him at timeout to live it Vs. fast forward it on the VCR in his mind? The answer crystallized as he fiddle farted (up & then down) around at the arc trying to get that shot off so he could live what he then bitterly bequeathed Artest.

Did it cure Bryant? No. But, I don't need him cured. It was enough.

lol what

#41 Shoot Em Up
01-01-2011, 05:46 PM
You should add the Lakers to your list of teams you root for tbh.

:lol

Giuseppe
01-01-2011, 05:57 PM
lol what

I'm stating that to discount what Bryant has actually accomplished is wrong & wrong-headed.

It's also wrong to cavalierly state that Paul could ring there upon arrival.

One can hate Bryant, but, still honor his accomplishments. I do it all the time with my hatreds.

Killakobe81
01-01-2011, 10:30 PM
The one thing you all are forgetting is the offense the Lakers run. The triangle doesn't allow for a PG that dominates the ball the way Paul and Deron do. As funny as it sounds, a "true" PG isn't what the triangle needs. It needs someone who can play off the ball while Kobe, Gasol or Odom help initiate the offense.

Dwill can play "off the ball" he did it in college and there are time in the Jazz system where he does the same ...

Paul is ball dominant but you adjust the offense and run less triangle when you have a PG like Paul ...

The triangle is a an adjustable offense the bulls ran it with solid but not great centers and PJ used shaq and it worked ... the triangle may not be the best use of Paul's skills and Dwill is a better fit for it ...but Paul i good enough to run ANY offense.

Kidd once played in the triangle in his first dallas stint. the advantage of having those guys is when you are in transition you dont run the offense you rely on the PG ...

DieHardSpursFan1537
01-01-2011, 10:52 PM
What team do you like? Make up your fucking mind!

Kori Ellis
12-31-2011, 10:30 PM
lol

BRHornet45
12-31-2011, 10:35 PM
son all that matters is that we got the better end of the deal, period.

Baron Davιs
12-31-2011, 11:37 PM
IF Bynum can stay healthy /cliche. & IF he can consistently play at a high level
(Big If's, mind you)

And Lakers landed CP3 --- I'd really think they'd be championship contenders this season.

Right now they're a dark horse at best: (if KB can stay healthy, Pau doesn't collapse, annual Bynum injury + bench remains consistent)

lefty
01-01-2012, 01:36 AM
Epic bump :lol

timvp
01-01-2012, 02:21 AM
Bump of the year.