PDA

View Full Version : After ups and downs, James says 2010 was memorable

duncan228
12-31-2010, 06:23 PM
Just LeBron, Wade, and Spoelstra's quotes. Hit the link for the whole piece.

After ups and downs, James says 2010 was memorable (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-heat-jamesinterview)
By Tim Reynolds

...“It absolutely was a good year,” James said in an interview with The Associated Press on Friday while relaxing alongside the Heat practice court. “I don’t regret any decision that I’ve made and I’m happy where I am now. I think my family, my friends, they’re all excited with my new beginning. And I definitely am.”

...“Overall, where we’re at now is what I envisioned,” James said. “Did I envision our tough times early on? Not to that extent. I knew we would have some bumps along the road, but to the extent where we were at? I don’t think any of us expected that. No one here in Miami or no one in the league expected us to have these trials and tribulations. But it made us who were are today, going into 2011.”

..."He can take this year, for the rest of his life and the rest of his career, and look at it as a stepping stone for him as a basketball player and as a man,” Heat guard Dwyane Wade(notes) said. “He was on a team projected to win a championship, was the MVP and then everything came crashing down real fast. So he had to make a tough decision, and he made it based on what was best for him as a man.”

...“I’ll set goals for the year, but I’m not a resolutions guy,” James said. “My New Year’s resolution would be the same as going into every NBA season, just to be productive every day, as a basketball player, as a father and friend on and off the court, and do the things that need to be done to help us win a championship. So if I had to have one, my resolution would be the same as my preseason goals.”

...“LeBron is known as being one of the top-paid athletes, he’s known for his business savvy, he’s known for being wise beyond his years,” Wade said. “So people would be surprised to know that he’s the silliest, goofiest person in the world. … I just say he loves what he does. He loves being the person he is.”

...“It’s getting better as the days go on,” James said. “Honestly, I like to relax. Most of the time I sit at home, just chill, enjoy the weather. That’s definitely a good time to reflect, sit outside and enjoy what Miami has to offer.”

...“He’s the first one,” Spoelstra said. “In training camp, he was the first player at breakfast, usually is the first player to get to the arena. He likes extra time to prepare. Everything we do, he likes to arrive early. He takes this very seriously. If you think about it, he’s been under this microscope since he was in seventh, eighth grade—and he’s always been able to answer the bell of expectations.”

...“You try to continue to be blessed and take pride in what you do, the game of basketball, the centerfold of everything,” James said. “I’ll continue to get better. I’ll continue to win. Someday, I hope to bring championships to this franchise. And off the court, I want to keep inspiring kids. I don’t want them to be LeBron. I want them to be better than LeBron.”

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-heat-jamesinterview

HarlemHeat37
12-31-2010, 06:32 PM
Great article, one of the best of the year IMO..

2011 will be even better for Lebron and the Heat..