PDA

View Full Version : The Spurs are the most unrecognized team of the NBA.

ginobili fan
01-01-2011, 08:48 AM
Barkley and the rest of nba fans saying the Spurs are the most overrated team even with a better team and record than Jordan's Bulls team proves that.
I told you Lakers are a shitty team a month ago so are Dallas, the Celtics...

MullinFan
01-01-2011, 12:01 PM
I totally agree that the Spurs get no love league wise. I was watching sportscenter highlights the day after we beat the Mavs and the whole "coverage" of the game was highlights of Dallas scoring on us, then they show the final score...Seriously, how many :lobt2: have we won? I sure feel like were some expansion team getting our heads patted, telling us "good job now go run off and play some more" what else do we need to do? Put in a call to Rodney Dangerfield? (RIP)

PublicOption
01-01-2011, 12:31 PM
because we go against everything that ESPN stands for. we are the anti-yankees, anti-cowboys and anti-lakers(now anti-heat).

when the giants won the world series. quickly BSPN started talking yankees and derek jeter. can anyone even remember that the giants won?

because the giants are not a peranniel power. BSPN can quickly get off talking about them and move on to the yankees..

but since the spurs are always in the hunt and have won championships they are forced to talk about this small market team in south texas and BSPN can't stand it. They really wish the spurs would go away.

.............but we don't.:ihit:lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt:. makes me proud to be a spurs fan.....the ultimate underdog status..............:flag:

fuck ESPN.

Venti Quattro
01-01-2011, 12:46 PM
Why do some spurs fans have the oh god they're not recognizing our team so we'll bitch about it thing? It's getting annoying tbh. Your team is 28-4, on top of the NBA and you're like attention bitches dying for camera time

ohmwrecker
01-01-2011, 12:51 PM
Lakers fan is the voice of reason? You people should be ashamed of yourselves.

jimo2305
01-01-2011, 12:52 PM
Why do some spurs fans have the oh god they're not recognizing our team so we'll bitch about it thing? It's getting annoying tbh. Your team is 28-4, on top of the NBA and you're like attention bitches dying for camera time

sez the laker fan with lebron on his avatar..

man.. when your team gets no coverage.. u'd know what we're goin' thru..

but considering how long i've been a spurs fan.. it's now something i'm very accustomed to.. and when i think of it.. it should help our team and players focus without being distracted by news stories or bein' put out there in the limelight.. so yea we don't get publicity compared to what any other team would get if they had our record.. yes.. even if it was the twolves..

ohmwrecker
01-01-2011, 12:54 PM
. . . and the fail continues . . .

Venti Quattro
01-01-2011, 12:57 PM
Media mileage is a distraction. It creates big issues out of small things that can be fixed internally. Do you think we're happy when Artest shoots bricks and then it's reported to the media that he wants more playing time/a bigger role? Hell naw

I'm not even happy with Odom's super-public marriage

I thought the Spurs fans were about winning. Now some complain of the unrelated things like the lack of media time

jjktkk
01-01-2011, 12:57 PM

LOL, your avatar.

http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/2439/potkettleblackk.jpg

Venti Quattro
01-01-2011, 01:00 PM
LOL, your avatar.

http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/2439/potkettleblackk.jpg

I lost in an avatar bet. You can shut up about my avatar now.

jimo2305
01-01-2011, 01:07 PM
Media mileage is a distraction. It creates big issues out of small things that can be fixed internally. Do you think we're happy when Artest shoots bricks and then it's reported to the media that he wants more playing time/a bigger role? Hell naw

I'm not even happy with Odom's super-public marriage

I thought the Spurs fans were about winning. Now some complain of the unrelated things like the lack of media time

lol it's not so much about negative publicity outside the nba.. we definitely don't want that kind of publicity neither but what gets me is how little we're mentioned and dismissed immediately during nba discussion on national television compared to other teams..

aside from barkley yelling 'GINOBIIILIII!!!' i really can't think of any other time our team or players are mentioned in a positive light during discussion.. i mean yea they'll say spurs won here n there.. duncan had x amount of points and rebounds and bla bla bla but they would spend such little time talking about us then start talkin' about the bostons and the los angeleses and miamis..

it's true those teams have more topics to discuss about and more allstars on their teams.. but lets be honest.. for a team who's been as successful as san antonio for the past decade.. there are sure a lot of nba fans out there that probably can't even name our starting 5.. there's something wrong with that picture to me..

cherylsteele
01-01-2011, 01:24 PM
I could care less what any talking head says about the Spurs, Venti is right, the Spurs are winning, the best league record, if you would told me over the summer teh Spurs would be where they are now I would have said you were crazy.

ohmwrecker
01-01-2011, 01:27 PM
Finally, a Spurs fan with some sense.

Frenzy
01-01-2011, 02:03 PM
I'll take wins and championships over media any day.

xellos88330
01-01-2011, 02:14 PM
Although I do wish that more people would recognize the Spurs due to more media coverage, I prefer it the way it is.

I find it hilarious when you have someone who is forcefed large markets thinking that the Spurs aren't a good team, shows up to the ATT Center talking mad trash, then their team gets completely destroyed, and the look of utter shock and disbelief as reality sets in, is something that I enjoy to the fullest. The questions that follow are always a joy to answer too. Questions such as...

1. Are the Spurs really that good?
2. Their record is WHAT!?!
3. Who is that guy who wears #14? He is pretty good.
4. How come my team can't stop the Spurs from scoring? They are HUGE!

(All of these questions came from LAL fans from LA visiting family in SA. They sat right in front of me. Talk about fun!!!!)

It is all about shock and awe. I love it.

DMC
01-01-2011, 02:21 PM
I totally agree that the Spurs get no love league wise. I was watching sportscenter highlights the day after we beat the Mavs and the whole "coverage" of the game was highlights of Dallas scoring on us, then they show the final score...Seriously, how many :lobt2: have we won? I sure feel like were some expansion team getting our heads patted, telling us "good job now go run off and play some more" what else do we need to do? Put in a call to Rodney Dangerfield? (RIP)

You have to remember that the media doesn't just cater to the fans of the team or even of the game. It caters to everyone. It's trying to increase it's market share by dumbing down the material.

The casual observer watching highlights doesn't care that Gary Neal hit 5 three point shots. They want to see that JR Smith dunk over Neal. They don't care that Manu took a charge in the final seconds to secure the win in Denver. They want to see someone dunk over someone else.

It's easier to find a slow chicken in Ethiopia than to find the Spurs in any of the "NBA Classics" that play on NBA TV. Instead, it's always the Lakers or the Celtics. That's because they have more fans. The Spurs don't have that many fans, therefore they are almost always treated by national media as a local media would treat the visiting team.

mjnxn
01-01-2011, 02:39 PM
Please let me clarify this:

I'm not disappointed that the Spurs don't get 24 hour press. It's understandable because 1) SA is a small market and 2) the team doesn't have any media-whores. I think we should all come to accept that, because winning titles is the most important :toast

What does disappoint me is how the Spurs are portrayed when they are covered. The media takes every opportunity to belittle what they've accomplished or give them backhanded compliments. For example, no one (besides Barkley) says, "Tim Duncan is the greatest power forward of all time." Instead, it's always "Tim Duncan is ARGUABLY one of the greatest power forwards of all time." When asked if the Spurs are considered a dynasty, every talking head says they've never repeated as champions. Funny, because those 80's Celtic teams didn't repeat and yet they are held in such higher regard!

Read the headlines on NBA.com, especially during a winning streak. If it's a Spurs victory, I guarantee they'll run with a headline similar to this: "Spurs win...again." Could they be any more enthusiastic? Now if it's the Lakers or Celtics on a streak, you'll read something along the lines of "Lakers dominate! Extend streak to 5!"

As fans, I think we have a right to be pissed off about it. Winners deserve respect. When the media downplays what SA has accomplished it's like they are also downplaying us as fans too. To see our beloved Silver and Black crew get pissed on when they do nothing but stay in contention year in and year out does warrant some criticism.

Lakers fans, Heat fans, Celtics fans...they've never had to endure this bull shit.

YoMamaIsCallin
01-01-2011, 02:42 PM
I'd also be very happy if zero Spurs make the all-star team. Especially Parker and Duncan. They'll be able to get some rest chilling at home. In fact I am going to go vote for whoever is just ahead of them.

Unfortunately Pop is going to have to coach but that's ok he can handle it.

Man In Black
01-01-2011, 02:47 PM
My only issue about this is...It's by design and the NBA allows this to happen. Even they downplay the Spurs until the Spurs make it a point that they cannot be downplayed.

The consequence of these actions, while seemingly unassuming, are that the Spurs get hosed during the playoff schedule times as evidenced by the past. Remember the 2008 Western Conference Finals that had them play a game 7 against New Orleans and sleep on the plane due to mechanical issue and no hotel rooms that evening before leaving to go play game 1 in LA? Now the mech issue or the hotel room wasn't a problem but there were OTHER teams that could have been scheduled to play because of the delays.

What about this:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs2006/news/story?id=2438250

NBA commissioner David Stern acknowledged that it was a mistake to schedule the San Antonio Spurs to open the Western Conference semifinals with an early game Sunday.

"If we had it to do over again, we wouldn't have acceded to the network's request on that one," Stern said on Monday night.

"We could lay it off on the network, but that's our responsibility, and we have the ability to say no. And we should have."

ABC representatives were not available for comment.

San Antonio wrapped up its first-round series in Sacramento so late Friday night that it was after midnight in Texas. The Spurs spent the night in Sacramento and didn't arrive back in San Antonio until about 3 p.m. Saturday.

They tipped off their series with Dallas at noon local time on Sunday because ABC wanted to show the Cleveland-Detroit game in the more attractive later time slot. The Cleveland-Detroit game got a rating of 3.7 -- 19 percent higher than a game in the same timeslot a year ago. ABC Sports' ratings are up 19 percent over a year ago.

duncan228
01-01-2011, 02:50 PM
Lakers still more compelling than Spurs, Mavs (http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/40858518/ns/sports-nba/)
It's not that no one respects the accomplishments of San Antonio and Dallas; it's that it may be an end of an era in L.A.
ASK THE NBA EXPERT
By Ira Winderman
NBCSports.com

You ask, we (try to) answer.

Q. Why is it always about the Lakers failing, and never about the Spurs or Mavericks succeeding? And I don't even like the Spurs.
— Bryan, Frisco, Texas

A. Because that's where the focus is, especially with a team being a two-time defending champion. Plus, let's face it, San Antonio and Dallas long have been vanilla franchises, led by their vanilla stars, Tim Duncan and Dirk Nowitzki.

And the Spurs and Mavericks long have been dominant during the regular season, so it's basically another nothing-to-see-here-folks season for each.

No, these Lakers are fascinating, because just like the first crash-and-burn under Phil Jackson, when Shaquille O'Neal and Kobe Bryant no longer could coexist, there is a sense of another end of an era, so it's only natural that the focus is on a potential imploding.

While the West has not exactly lived up to its billing this season, the Lakers, Spurs and Mavericks remain the only legitimate title contenders, so the race for the top seed could be more significant than previous seasons.

Remember, the Lakers basically opened with the easiest portion of their schedule. What follows is the true heavy lifting.

Q. Why does the media hate the Spurs so much?
— Art, San Antonio

A. It's not the media, it's Bryan (see above).

Again, what the media, and, in turn, the fan base, enjoy is a solid yarn, a team with a compelling story. Yes, George Hill is showing some Bruce Bowen-like feistiness, Manu Ginobili is healthy again, DeJuan Blair is showing a decided upside. But the most compelling part of the Spurs' story is the off-the-court travails of Tony Parker. That's just the way it is.

No one hates the Spurs, because there is nothing there to hate, no true villain (Hill hasn't reached that point yet). But because the Spurs have endured for so long with such a familiar cast (even longer than the current rendition of the Lakers), it's a story that's already been told over, and over, and over.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/40858518/ns/sports-nba/

mjnxn
01-01-2011, 02:52 PM
My only issue about this is...It's by design and the NBA allows this to happen. Even they downplay the Spurs until the Spurs make it a point that they cannot be downplayed.

The consequence of these actions, while seemingly unassuming, are that the Spurs get hosed during the playoff schedule times as evidenced by the past. Remember the 2008 Western Conference Finals that had them play a game 7 against New Orleans and sleep on the plane that evening before playing game 1 in LA? or what about this:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs2006/news/story?id=2438250

I agree with you. I don't understand why the Spurs are so bad for the NBA. Sure they are a smaller market, but if they were marketed correctly, they could still bring in revenue. Look at the Green Bay Packers in the NFL. They have fans nation-wide. I can't see how the Spurs would be no different, especially when they have global figures like ginobili, parker, splitter, etc.

Jason R
01-01-2011, 02:53 PM
I agree the Spurs go without recognition, not so much that the Lakers, Mavs and Celts suck. Those are pretty good teams, to say the least.

Man In Black
01-01-2011, 02:59 PM
Also, it's because we're led by Duncan, Parker, & Ginobili and have guys like Splitter that the Spurs aren't held up in high regard. It's a combination of factors. I've said it time and again, if the Spurs were the New York Knicks, they'd be treated like demi-gods. I've watched the Spurs since they first got into the NBA and I can tell you, when George Gervin came into town, that was the event that we'd be watching. That was a time when Larry O'Brien ruled the NBA and he had a DIFFERENT view of how to grow the league.

Actually, TP agrees with me!
http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/2010/10/tim-duncan-we-dont-get-that-respect/

“Where do you think the three of you should be regarded among the great trios in NBA history?
TP: ‘Yeah, that’s a GREAT question, because I’m watching the game last night (Miami’s Big Three had played its preseason opener the night before) and it shows all the best Big Threes — Chicago, Boston, the Lakers. After that, there’s a hole and it goes straight to Miami. I don’t know why they never put us on that list. It’s not like it’s gonna bother me, because I have the rings and I’ll sleep well at night. But they just don’t want to put us up there.’
TD: ‘That’s how it always is. Even in the midst of us winning championships every other year, every year we started we’d be like the No. 5 team on the list to win it. That’s the way it is in San Antonio, for whatever reason. We don’t get that respect.’
TP: ‘I always say if we did what we did in New York, we’d be gods right now.’
TD: ‘It would be crazy.’
TP: ‘I think the fact that me and Manu are international players, I don’t think we get the same respect. Because we’re not from America, I think that’s why we’re not considered up there with the Bostons, or the Lakers or Chicago.’
TD: ‘It’s a conspiracy theory.’”

Man In Black
01-01-2011, 02:59 PM
Also, it's because we're led by Duncan, Parker, & Ginobili and have guys like Splitter that the Spurs aren't held up in high regard. It's a combination of factors. I've said it time and again, if the Spurs were the New York Knicks, they'd be treated like demi-gods. I've watched the Spurs since they first got into the NBA and I can tell you, when George Gervin came into town, that was the event that we'd be watching. That was a time when Larry O'Brien ruled the NBA and he had a DIFFERENT view of how to grow the league.

Actually, TP agrees with me!
http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/2010/10/tim-duncan-we-dont-get-that-respect/

“Where do you think the three of you should be regarded among the great trios in NBA history?
TP: ‘Yeah, that’s a GREAT question, because I’m watching the game last night (Miami’s Big Three had played its preseason opener the night before) and it shows all the best Big Threes — Chicago, Boston, the Lakers. After that, there’s a hole and it goes straight to Miami. I don’t know why they never put us on that list. It’s not like it’s gonna bother me, because I have the rings and I’ll sleep well at night. But they just don’t want to put us up there.’
TD: ‘That’s how it always is. Even in the midst of us winning championships every other year, every year we started we’d be like the No. 5 team on the list to win it. That’s the way it is in San Antonio, for whatever reason. We don’t get that respect.’
TP: ‘I always say if we did what we did in New York, we’d be gods right now.’
TD: ‘It would be crazy.’
TP: ‘I think the fact that me and Manu are international players, I don’t think we get the same respect. Because we’re not from America, I think that’s why we’re not considered up there with the Bostons, or the Lakers or Chicago.’
TD: ‘It’s a conspiracy theory.’”

smrattler
01-01-2011, 03:01 PM
Compared to other teams that have won 4 titles in under a decade, we receive very little "recognition". But every time I walk out of the AT&T Center, I still see those 4 trophies there. That's all I care about.

I just want a 5th one for Duncan to go out in style.

Man In Black
01-01-2011, 03:14 PM
So when Ira says Bruce Bowen like feistiness for George Hill, is he intimating that when Bruce played for the Spurs, that he was a compelling villain and the Spurs should get some national run because of that? While they did, it's still a negative connotation. When Ron Artest played in Indianapolis, he was villainous. Now that he's in Los Angeles, he's considered a staunch defender. Same guy who clubbed TP on a fast break to the basket. Same guy. Alas, media also would have us believe that Steve Blake is a solid defender that the Lakers needed to counter the speedy PGs in the West. So now that he's Steve Blake(r), he's all of sudden...a solid defender? :lmao
The media created the perception. It's the fan that takes the time to watch and form their own critical opinions, who learns why TEAM basketball is better than STAR basketball. San Antonio is truly TEAM basketball.

BlackSwordsMan
01-01-2011, 03:18 PM
wgas
wgaf

greyforest
01-01-2011, 03:21 PM
not only are they THE most unrecognized team, they're actively shit on by the media and the league due to ratings poison.

mikeschy55
01-01-2011, 03:25 PM

Though I don't agree the spurs are the best team (I believe it's the heat, Orlando, and Dallas at the very top, with the celts and spurs close behind) I do agree with some spurs on this board. Your team has arguably gotten more coverage the past decade than any sports team in America... With the exception of the cowboys of course. The mavs know how the spurs feel right now... Being dismissed as overrated and so on, not seeing them on television as much as they may merit... And as reasonable as you sound here.... You are not the proper one to be speaking

Regardless, I'll say it one last time and then I'll shut up I guess. You are being dismissed by the NBA as the best team because.... Who have you beaten of any great significance? OKC and Utah? You haven't had many real tests... And the two you did have (Orlando and Dallas at full strength) you failed. Everyone knows the lakers are in a funk right now (or just declining).

smrattler
01-01-2011, 03:26 PM
Amazing we have two threads going: one claiming the media gives the Spurs no recognition and one with Barkley claiming we are overated. WTF?

I guess claiming we are overated is the same as giving us no recognition. Just weird though.

We are 28-4, whether we get recognition or not.

TwelveGs210
01-01-2011, 03:27 PM
Please let me clarify this:

I'm not disappointed that the Spurs don't get 24 hour press. It's understandable because 1) SA is a small market and 2) the team doesn't have any media-whores. I think we should all come to accept that, because winning titles is the most important :toast

What does disappoint me is how the Spurs are portrayed when they are covered. The media takes every opportunity to belittle what they've accomplished or give them backhanded compliments. For example, no one (besides Barkley) says, "Tim Duncan is the greatest power forward of all time." Instead, it's always "Tim Duncan is ARGUABLY one of the greatest power forwards of all time." When asked if the Spurs are considered a dynasty, every talking head says they've never repeated as champions. Funny, because those 80's Celtic teams didn't repeat and yet they are held in such higher regard!

Read the headlines on NBA.com, especially during a winning streak. If it's a Spurs victory, I guarantee they'll run with a headline similar to this: "Spurs win...again." Could they be any more enthusiastic? Now if it's the Lakers or Celtics on a streak, you'll read something along the lines of "Lakers dominate! Extend streak to 5!"

As fans, I think we have a right to be pissed off about it. Winners deserve respect. When the media downplays what SA has accomplished it's like they are also downplaying us as fans too. To see our beloved Silver and Black crew get pissed on when they do nothing but stay in contention year in and year out does warrant some criticism.

Lakers fans, Heat fans, Celtics fans...they've never had to endure this bull shit.

This is all true..i can picture those headlines.

If the spurs were the same record, with "characters" instead of players, tatted up, braids, with headbands with the upside down nba logos etc., I'm sure things would be different.

Have you guys noticed commercials to advertise for the NBA seem to always show whatever star player dunking on one of the Spurs? I can't help but laugh at that bullshit.

DMC
01-01-2011, 03:28 PM
Though I don't agree the spurs are the best team (I believe it's the heat, Orlando, and Dallas at the very top, with the celts and spurs close behind) I do agree with some spurs on this board. Your team has arguably gotten more coverage the past decade than any sports team in America... With the exception of the cowboys of course. The mavs know how the spurs feel right now... Being dismissed as overrated and so on, not seeing them on television as much as they may merit... And as reasonable as you sound here.... You are not the proper one to be speaking
No fucking way... you actually believe YOUR team is ahead... get out of the city...

:lmao

The Mavs have no reason to complain. They haven't done anything noteworthy. If you had a prodigy on your team and had the same record you do now, your prodigy would get attention, but you guys are just regular season contenders that showed a total lack of fortitude in the Finals.

Crickets
01-01-2011, 03:30 PM
spurts are overrated thats why they dont get any respect ...

mikeschy55
01-01-2011, 03:44 PM
No fucking way... you actually believe YOUR team is ahead... get out of the city...

The Mavs have no reason to complain. They haven't done anything noteworthy. If you had a prodigy on your team and had the same record you do now, your prodigy would get attention, but you guys are just regular season contenders that showed a total lack of fortitude in the Finals.

Well yeah... WE BEAT YOU when both teams were at full strength, it's a reasonable assumption to make (as I believe most of the NBA has made that assumption now).

And calling us chokers is old. In the past two years our roster has been
completely overhauled almost, including a new coach. The mavericks you are speaking of have had one playoff series together, and that was without Chandler and Beaubois (for the most part).

And what have WE done this season? Only beat...
Denver
OKC (twice)
Boston
Orlando (after trade)
Miami(twice)
Utah (twice)
Atlanta

Ifnyou guys had this track record this season and you still had the first or second record in the league, I wouldn't doubt you.

ChumpDumper
01-01-2011, 03:46 PM
Well yeah... WE BEAT YOU when both teams were at full strength, it's a reasonable assumption to make (as I believe most of the NBA has made that assumption now).

And calling us chokers is old. In the past two years our roster has been
completely overhauled almost, including a new coach. The mavericks you are speaking of have had one playoff series together, and that was without Chandler and Beaubois (for the most part).

Denver
OKC (twice)
Boston
Orlando (after trade)
Miami(twice)
Utah (twice)
Atlantalol WE

mikeschy55
01-01-2011, 03:48 PM
lol WE

We have a gifted comic here ladies and gentleman. I'll be laughing for days now. Were you classically trained?

Spursfanfromafar
01-01-2011, 03:48 PM
Denver
OKC (twice)
Boston
Orlando (after trade)
Miami(twice)
Utah (twice)
Atlanta

And Lost to -

Milwaukee Bucks AT HOME
Memphis Grizzlies AT HOME
Toronto Craptors AT HOME

Three sub-.500 teams and all at home.

Chokers.

ChumpDumper
01-01-2011, 03:51 PM

We have a gifted comic here ladies and gentleman. I'll be laughing for days now. Were you classically trained?:lmao

We have a delusional mavfan who thinks he is actually on the team here ladies and gentlemen. I'll be laughing for days. Did you walk on to the Mavs too?

Mel_13
01-01-2011, 03:53 PM
In the past two years our roster has been
completely overhauled almost, including a new coach. .

And still lost as a second seed to a seventh seed.

Nothing has changed.

Get back to us when these "new" Mavs actually achieve something that hasn't already been achieved by the "old" Mavs. You know, something other than regular season success and post season failure.

Until then, just shhhhhh...

smrattler
01-01-2011, 03:55 PM

Denver <==== We beat them twice
OKC (twice) <==== 1 and 0 against them
Boston <==== Haven't played them yet
Orlando (after trade) <==== RIGHT after the trade, hollow win IMO, we beat them when they were clicking early
Miami(twice) <==== Haven't played them yet
Utah (twice) <==== Aww, we only beat them once... the one time we played
Atlanta <==== We whipped them so bad, not even proud of it

Ifnyou guys had this track record this season and you still had the first or second record in the league, I wouldn't doubt you.

Plus we beat a desperate Lakers team.

BUMP
01-01-2011, 03:55 PM
Compared to other teams that have won 4 titles in under a decade, we receive very little "recognition". But every time I walk out of the AT&T Center, I still see those 4 trophies there. That's all I care about.

I just want a 5th one for Duncan to go out in style.

:cry :clap:cry:clap:cry:clap

great :cry fucking :cry story

mikeschy55
01-01-2011, 03:56 PM
And Lost to -

Milwaukee Bucks AT HOME
Memphis Grizzlies AT HOME
Toronto Craptors AT HOME

Three sub-.500 teams and all at home.

Chokers.

Both Memphis and Milwaukee are probably low seeded playoff candidates this year... Not NEARLY as bad as losing to the..... CLIPPERS:rollin

And yes we lost to Toronto w no dirk on a very uninspired b2b, if you guys want to be the only team that hangs that over our head so be it.... But u guys lost to the clippers with no excuses, so hush

ChumpDumper
01-01-2011, 03:57 PM
lol bragging about beating Atlanta.

I guess he got a lot of minutes that game.

Mel_13
01-01-2011, 03:57 PM
:cry :clap:cry:clap:cry:clap

great :cry fucking :cry story

http://www.advantagefixtures.com/jpgs/productline/trophycases/wallcasesdtr70.jpg

Mel_13
01-01-2011, 03:59 PM
Both Memphis and Milwaukee are probably low seeded playoff candidates this year... Not NEARLY as bad as losing to the..... CLIPPERS:rollin

And yes we lost to Toronto w no dirk on a very uninspired b2b, if you guys want to be the only team that hangs that over our head so be it.... But u guys lost to the clippers with no excuses, so hush

This is the best you can do?

You worst loss is worse than our worst loss?

jjktkk
01-01-2011, 03:59 PM
http://www.advantagefixtures.com/jpgs/productline/trophycases/wallcasesdtr70.jpg

LOL, you would think Cuban would spend alittle more money on his trophy case, than this Walmart put together one.

BUMP
01-01-2011, 04:02 PM
Seriously though. Why are we comparing regular season games now? Who gives a shit?

We all know that both teams will probably be 1 and 2 by season's end. None of these who cares if the Mavs played uninspired against Toronto one night and then the Spurs didn't give a shit another night against the Clippers in November/December?

jjktkk
01-01-2011, 04:03 PM

:lol

http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/3505/grannyowned.jpg

mjnxn
01-01-2011, 04:03 PM
Seriously though. Why are we comparing regular season games now? Who gives a shit?

We all know that both teams will probably be 1 and 2 by season's end. None of these who cares if the Mavs played uninspired against Toronto one night and then the Spurs didn't give a shit another night against the Clippers in November/December?

Agreed---get back to the topic. The Spurs get shafted by the media.

Spursfanfromafar
01-01-2011, 04:04 PM

Ha ha.. Did you even check the Spurs' schedule - knucklehead? If you can forgive your lousy Mavs for losing to the Craptors on a back-to-back, you apply the same standards for the best record holding Spurs losing on a back to back to the Clippers.

Remember that these Spurs have a guy with 4 rings, two guys with 3 and championship moxie.. These are not guys who will blow it when it counts and take their anger on exercise bikes :)

And what was the luxury tax your crazy owner was paying to keep up this loss-guaranteeing team? $30 million eh? Talk about over investment on underperforming assets. :)

ChumpDumper
01-01-2011, 04:05 PM
Agreed---get back to the topic. The Spurs get shafted by the media.Why does this matter?

Mel_13

This guy does:

Denver
OKC (twice)
Boston
Orlando (after trade)
Miami(twice)
Utah (twice)
Atlanta

Budkin
It would be like the Kansas City Royals dominating the Majors. Networks would be pissed.

mikeschy55
01-01-2011, 04:06 PM
Plus we beat a desperate Lakers team.

Orlando whipped your but at full strength..no excuses. Right after the trade makes it worse.

You will beat Boston w no kg, we'll see how you do against OKC tonight, and I'm confident you cant beat Miami if you can't beat orlando.

Regardless of all this, you've helped to prove my point. YOU HAVEN'T PLAYED ENOUGH ELITE TEAMS TO BE CONSIDERED THE BEST. That's not your fault, but half your losses come to teams that have been your only true tests thus far, and that's entirely on the spurs. People can change their mind, but at least be patient and wait until you beat the best to proclaim yourself the best... Its Very reasonable

jjktkk
01-01-2011, 04:07 PM
spurts are overrated thats why they dont get any respect ...

Hows that losing all of your allowance betting against the Spurs and losing thing going? Are you grounded yet?

mikeschy55
01-01-2011, 04:08 PM

We have a delusional mavfan who thinks he is actually on the team here ladies and gentlemen. I'll be laughing for days. Did you walk on to the Mavs too?

Are you 7 years old?

ChumpDumper
01-01-2011, 04:08 PM
People can change their mind, but at least be patient and wait until you beat the best to proclaim yourself the best... Its Very reasonableBut the Spurs already beat Atlanta.

GinobiliForTres
01-01-2011, 04:09 PM
This is all true..i can picture those headlines.

If the spurs were the same record, with "characters" instead of players, tatted up, braids, with headbands with the upside down nba logos etc., I'm sure things would be different.

Have you guys noticed commercials to advertise for the NBA seem to always show whatever star player dunking on one of the Spurs? I can't help but laugh at that bullshit.

holy shit i thought i was the only one who noticed that.

smrattler
01-01-2011, 04:09 PM

True. I'm ashamed of myself for participating in the hair splitting.

One great team and a pretty good one in Dallas, I just hope the Lakers don't get a free pass of only having to go through one of them because we play each other first.

Mel_13
01-01-2011, 04:10 PM
but at least be patient and wait until you beat the best to proclaim yourself the best... Its Very reasonable

Exactly.

Wait until your team does something when it matters before you start spouting off about their accomplishments.

Now, just shhhh....

ChumpDumper
Are you 7 years old?Wow. That's as fresh as it is devastating.

I should expect nothing less from an actual team member of the Dallas Mavericks.

BUMP
Agreed---get back to the topic. The Spurs get shafted by the media.

:lol I don't care if GNSF #534252345 thinks the media hates the poor wittle Spurs.

rofl and I kinda was addressing the topic anyway. the media's not gonna ejaculate over the Spurs/Mavs racking up regular season wins. They're gonna wait til the playoffs. I'm just saying I could care less whether the Spurs or Mavs lose to Toronto or the Clippers in December, especially after reeling off 17 out of 18.

mikeschy55
01-01-2011, 04:14 PM
Wow. That's as fresh as it is devastating.

I should expect nothing less from an actual team member of the Dallas Mavericks.

One common mistake made by fans all the time (using "we") and you can't stop pissing yourself out of laughter?

But really dude.... I owned Tim duncan one on one a few years back.... Its on youtube everywhere. And your doubting that I walked on the mavericks?

ChumpDumper
01-01-2011, 04:17 PM
One common mistake made by fans all the time (using "we") and you can't stop pissing yourself out of laughter?Actually you made it twice.

With capital letters.

Man In Black
01-01-2011, 04:18 PM
It would be like the Kansas City Royals dominating the Majors. Networks would be pissed.
The networks found a way to keep Geroge Brett and Brett Saberhagen INTERESTING. The MLB told them to do it.

The same way the NFL tells the networks to do it for the likes of Kansas City and Jacksonville. Cover them or else!

mikeschy55
01-01-2011, 04:19 PM
Actually you made it twice.

With capital letters.

Well then... I guess I'll just have to hang myself..... Please don't report me. I ACTUALLY thought i was part of the team for a minute.... Wow YOUR RIGHT! well spotted!

ChumpDumper
01-01-2011, 04:21 PM
Well then... I guess I'll just have to hang myself..... Please don't report meYou are making a bigger deal of it than I did. This is the kind of thing that people will notice gets under your skin.

mikeschy55
01-01-2011, 04:25 PM
You are making a bigger deal of it than I did. This is the kind of thing that people will notice gets under your skin.

Yea it's really annoying when immature brats nit pick at your argument over incorrect diction because they can't make an argument of their own... My bad.

If you have a point to debate then debate it, don't approach someone like a faggot until they start to get annoyed

ChumpDumper
01-01-2011, 04:26 PM
Yea it's really annoying when immature brats nit pick at your argument over incorrect diction because they can't make an argument of their own... My badI also made an argument. You were so busy being butthurt about your "incorrect diction" that you missed it.

mikeschy55
01-01-2011, 04:28 PM
I also made an argument. You were so busy being butthurt about your "incorrect diction" that you missed it.

That the spurs beat Atlanta?

mjnxn
01-01-2011, 04:30 PM
The networks found a way to keep Geroge Brett and Brett Saberhagen INTERESTING. The MLB told them to do it.

The same way the NFL tells the networks to do it for the likes of Kansas City and Jacksonville. Cover them or else!

Kansas City, Jacksonville, Tampa Bay, Green Bay

ChumpDumper
01-01-2011, 04:30 PM
That the spurs beat Atlanta?It's more nuanced than that. Considering your "incorrect diction" and general state of emo, I shouldn't expect you to get it.

mikeschy55
01-01-2011, 04:36 PM
It's more nuanced than that. Considering your "incorrect diction" and general state of emo, I shouldn't expect you to get it.

You sarcastically stated Atlanta to be the best.... Great stuff. Any other brilliant remarks. Cuz you know, that "we" stuff really showed everyone that the spurs are the dominant team in the west

Do you need me to use 4th grade language maybe? "incorrect diction" above your reading level?

If you have an argument to make then stop acting like a shit head and make it dude.

ChumpDumper
01-01-2011, 04:39 PM
You sarcastically stated Atlanta to be the best.... Great stuff. Any other brilliant remarks. Cuz you know, that "we" stuff really showed everyone that the spurs are the dominant team in the westMy argument was not that the Spurs are the dominant team in the west. You really showed that your butt hurts because of your "incorrect diction."

ChumpDumper
01-01-2011, 04:40 PM
Do you need me to use 4th grade language maybe? "incorrect diction" above your reading level?No, it's very quotable -- and your getting upset about it makes it worth repeating.

mikeschy55
01-01-2011, 04:48 PM
My argument was not that the Spurs are the dominant team in the west. You really showed that your butt hurts because of your "incorrect diction."

"but the spurs beat Atlanta!" is no more than another insult for mentioning Atlanta in the first place.... U never made a legit argument worth pursuing, you just went on and continued to be a faggot

Yea Im really showing that immature piss ants like yourself are aggravating. Why would I be butt hurt over a 6 point loss to the spurs w/out dirk? If spurs fans were honest with themselves, they'd be concerned after the game. You guys need to get a real center or your not going far against the elite teams with front court depth.in the playlets. I'm fine with the way my mavs played. (cept Terry)

ChumpDumper
01-01-2011, 04:54 PM
"but the spurs beat Atlanta!" is no more than another insult for mentioning Atlanta in the first place.... U never made a legit argument worth pursuing, you just went on and continued to be a faggotOooh, language. It's a legit argument that emo walk-ons tend to overstate the importance of things such as wins and professions of relative basketball knowledge.

Yea Im really showing that immature piss ants like yourself are aggravating. Why would I be butt hurt over a 6 point loss to the spurs w/out dirk? If spurs fans were honest with themselves, they'd be concerned after the game. I'm fine with the way my mavs played. (cept Terry)Why is it so important that spurfans think the way you want them to think?

wijayas
01-01-2011, 07:53 PM
First rule of the media: SEX sells.
Second rule: NEGATIVITY sells.

Since the Spurs have none of those (and they want none of those!), they don't get covered in the media. Let's just enjoy the championship rings and the good season the Spurs have had.

The Heat get coverage because people hate LBJ's "The Decision" not so much because of their play on the court. The BSPN network also have moral responsibility to keep the Heat afloat after they agree to the "The Decision."

The Lakers get mentioned because they are the defending champion who happen to be declining--speaking of watching a car-wreck in the process.

Let's just enjoy our Spurs while we can. And be contented with our good fortune.

YoMamaIsCallin
01-01-2011, 08:06 PM
There are three kinds of fans that like the Spurs:

- home towners even if they moved
- fans that like good guys
- fans that know and appreciate good well-coached teams and recognize how basketball teams are actually successful

ESPN/ABC does not cater to any of those. They are looking for the "compelling story lines" and the drama on and off court that appeals to the masses. This is all about individual players, not teams They do this for one reason only: ratings, which translate to dollars.

They are successful at this. Therefore they do it. The NBA likes success in terms of dollars. Therefore they play along. Most teams are also like this.

This is just the way it is. No need to feel bad or disrespected. As TP said, sleep at night because you have the rings.