PDA

View Full Version : If you think the Lakers are losing in the Western Conference playoffs

21_Blessings
01-01-2011, 07:23 PM
then you're dumb. Simple as that.

Happy, 2011 :toast

ohmwrecker
01-01-2011, 07:25 PM
Blessings knows dumb.

TimDunkem
01-01-2011, 08:31 PM
Blessings knows dumb.

Ice009
01-01-2011, 08:34 PM
21_shittings!

Rummpd
01-01-2011, 08:35 PM
They may not make even make the West conf finals - Spurs/Mavs others more than capable of knocking them off in the semis if the over confident LAL fortunate to get out of the first round.

Budkin
01-01-2011, 09:47 PM
Nope.

frodo
01-01-2011, 10:32 PM
i'd be stupid as 21-dickings if i thought the lakers could win the 3rd straight championship this season. finals and quit for the best scenario

LkrFan
01-01-2011, 11:33 PM
When PJ shortens his rotations, those 13 or 15 point leads the Lakers are losing right now, will be a thing of the past. PJ is notorious for allowing his teams to lose games or not call a timeout in an effort to let his teams "figure it out" - all in an effort to teach his teams a lesson. Role players are often put into certain situations that they are not used to. That way in the playoffs they are not totally shell shocked it they have to spell one of the starters due to foul trouble or injury. Some of the biggest shots in Laker playoff history have been made by...role players! Horry was one example and Fisher is another.

PJ has pissed off millions of Laker fans (like myself) with his weird rotations. There is a method to his madness. Other fan bases like to whoop it up when the Lakers lose a game here and there - which in itself is funny to me. During the regular season, PJ wants a good record, but mostly he wants his teams prepared to do battle in the playoffs. If it takes a regular season loss here or there to accomplish that, so be it. Peep his comments:

Many coaches would have ranted and rave and probably thrown a few towels after watching their team slog through three losses.

Others would have called out players, perhaps benched a few and order never-ending film sessions. Phil Jackson, however, did none of the above.
When the Lakers suffered three embarrassing losses by double digits to Milwaukee, Miami and San Antonio, Jackson said he remained “unflappable,” a term he hates. He said he was more stoic than normal and was content to watch the the two-time defending NBA champions work out the problems on their own.

“This team needed to have that happen, it brought a little tension to their game,” Jackson said. “It brought a little team work back to the team, (made them realize) that they have to work together as a group, that they can’t do it individually.”
LINK (http://lakers.ocregister.com/2010/12/31/tension-was-good-for-the-lakers-phil-says/45956/)

The above is true. Most coaches would have been going off. Not PJ and his teams are a reflection of him to the nth degree. Trust that as we get closer to the second season, rotations will shorten, and their focus will sharpen. If the Lakers are healthy and have to focus only on one opponent, I trust no other head coach than PJ. To think that this Laker team will not improve dramatically from now until the 2nd season would be foolish.

xellos88330
01-01-2011, 11:37 PM
When PJ shortens his rotations, those 13 or 15 point leads the Lakers are losing right now, will be a thing of the past. PJ is notorious for allowing his teams to lose games or not call a timeout in an effort to let his teams "figure it out" - all in an effort to teach his teams a lesson. Role players are often put into certain situations that they are not used to. That way in the playoffs they are not totally shell shocked it they have to spell one of the starters due to foul trouble or injury. Some of the biggest shots in Laker playoff history have been made by...role players! Horry was one example and Fisher is another.

PJ has pissed off millions of Laker fans (like myself) with his weird rotations. There is a method to his madness. Other fan bases like to whoop it up when the Lakers lose a game here and there - which in itself is funny to me. During the regular season, PJ wants a good record, but mostly he wants his teams prepared to do battle in the playoffs. If it takes a regular season loss here or there to accomplish that, so be it. Peep his comments:
LINK (http://lakers.ocregister.com/2010/12/31/tension-was-good-for-the-lakers-phil-says/45956/)

The above is true. Most coaches would have been going off. Not PJ and his teams are a reflection of him to the nth degree. Trust that as we get closer to the second season, rotations will shorten, and their focus will sharpen. If the Lakers are healthy and have to focus only on one opponent, I trust no other head coach than PJ. To think that this Laker team will not improve dramatically from now until the 2nd season would be foolish.

So.... Phil doesn't even coach?

Why the hell pay the man?

LkrFan
01-01-2011, 11:46 PM
So.... Phil doesn't even coach?

Why the hell pay the man?
If "coaching" means getting all hot and bothered, throwing a temper tantrum to try to get yourself ejected (This guy comes to mind: :pop:), then I guess I see your point. :wakeup

weebo
01-02-2011, 12:15 AM

Whatever helps you sleep at night....:lol

Venti Quattro
01-02-2011, 12:20 AM
Word!

DeadlyDynasty
01-02-2011, 12:43 AM
then you're dumb. Simple as that.

Happy, 2011 :toast

Truth.

BlackSwordsMan
01-02-2011, 12:45 AM
send em to tree of woe 21

DazedAndConfused
01-02-2011, 12:55 AM
Jumpshooting teams don't win championships. It's proven fact in the modern NBA.

This is why I don't really fear the Spurs. They certainly can't defend anywhere near what they were capable of in '03/'05/'07 and that will be their undoing come playoff time. They have no interior scoring and zero size whatsoever to deal with LA's massive front court.

If this is SAS's best, I say bring it on. Not afraid in the slightest.

21_Blessings
01-02-2011, 01:06 AM

see also: Dallas Mavericks

OKC's athleticism and explosiveness might give the Lakers a scare if their front line wasn't complete shit.

Nothing out West has really changed tho.

Ghazi
01-02-2011, 01:13 AM

lefty
01-02-2011, 01:14 AM
Lol insecure Laker fans

BanditHiro
01-02-2011, 01:17 AM
weren't the Pistons more a less a jump shooting team?

DeadlyDynasty
01-02-2011, 01:19 AM

Go on...

ezau
01-02-2011, 02:06 AM
All I know about this year's Lakers' team is that they have lost four straight against some weak ass teams such as Utah, Indiana, Houston, and Memphis.

After that, they got blown out by Early Boykins' Bucks and then the Super friends, at home.

Thinking that they'll be able to make a statement game after the humiliating Christmas day loss, they got faceraped by the Spurs with Mookie Cryant going 8-27.

To top everything off, a 6'6 center with no ACL's destroyed their *vaunted frontline.

Duncan didn't even have to score more than two points to beat the Lakers. Tbh, he looked bored out there and LOL at Hill owning Mookie Cryant all game long:lol:lol

ezau
01-02-2011, 02:15 AM
http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/5554/coloe.jpg

Look at Hill finger-pointing Mookie:lol:lol
Just shows you no one is scared of Mookie anymore. :lol:lol

Giuseppe
01-02-2011, 08:07 AM
All I know about this year's Lakers' team is that they have lost four straight against some weak ass teams such as Utah, Indiana, Houston, and Memphis.

After that, they got blown out by Early Boykins' Bucks and then the Super friends, at home.

Thinking that they'll be able to make a statement game after the humiliating Christmas day loss, they got faceraped by the Spurs with Mookie Cryant going 8-27.

To top everything off, a 6'6 center with no ACL's destroyed their *vaunted frontline.

Duncan didn't even have to score more than two points to beat the Lakers. Tbh, he looked bored out there and LOL at Hill owning Mookie Cryant all game long:lol:lol

All ya got to do is finish it come June, Ez.

Anything less and you're 1 of 29.

Chillen
01-02-2011, 08:20 AM
The regular season means one thing, winning enough games to qualify for the playoffs. The Lakers might not bring the whole package on some nights, but they are still the defending NBA champs and until some team in the NBA unseats them they remain the favorite to win the West. So any other team in the West care to do it this season? The playoffs are months away but the Spurs, Mavericks have right now enough to give the Lakers a series. However some team has to prove it, Boston came close in NBA finals but the Lakers have to be the favorites to win it all once again and 3peat. So whoever out East makes it to the NBA finals Heat, Celtics, Magic, Bulls, if the Lakers don't get beat by a Western Conference team it will be up to one of those teams to try and unseat them.

They remain back 2 back Champs until some NBA team proves they can beat them in a 7 game playoff series in the 2011 playoffs. If that doesn't happen, they 3peat. So I'd like to see some NBA team do it for a change, they have been a dominant team since the Gasol trade except for losing to Boston in the 2008 NBA finals. They will remain the defending NBA champs until some NBA team proves otherwise.

Giuseppe
01-02-2011, 08:37 AM
^There is no legacy season-to-season.

Being NBA Champion, after that final clock expires is forever a backwards angle. Albeit a joyous one. There is no entitlement to the future.

ezau
01-02-2011, 08:54 AM
All ya got to do is finish it come June, Ez.

Anything less and you're 1 of 29.

Haha Cubby is back:toast

Giuseppe
01-02-2011, 09:07 AM
You better f'in believe I'm back. And I got a shit list, long & distinguished that Luva gave me before he went on vacation to Branson.

Take solace, Ez...you ain't on it.

Cessation
01-02-2011, 10:24 AM
Lets see how lakers do without homecourt, and play tougher opponents than they used to.

ohmwrecker
01-02-2011, 11:17 AM
I hope the Lakers are as stupid as their fans.

lol Spurs are a jump shooting team

Giuseppe
01-02-2011, 11:50 AM
Lets see how lakers do without homecourt, and play tougher opponents than they used to.

They're (Dallas, Boston) coming back to us.

If Wallace will stay retired I don't fear Boston as much. Daddy is knowledgeable and would be stirred by then (June), but, Wallace is intractable Vs. us.

Perkins may not be right until two years after that knee injury.

If we can garner the second seed in the West we'd avoid you until late, when we'd see the lay of the land over a long period.

DazedAndConfused
01-02-2011, 12:20 PM
The Lakers have never had a problem winning on the road in the playoffs. I don't expect this season to be any different if they are without HCA the whole way through.

Bottom line is the Spurs are more of a gimmick regular season team than they are a serious playoff team at this point. I just don't see the necessary variables in that Spur's lineup that would make them champions. They simply have no front court size whatsoever and it is quite clear that Tim Duncan is on his last legs, he looks absolutely pedestrian on the floor. They are out-offensing their way to wins, they aren't doing it with defense. A recipe for disaster in the playoffs, go ask the Phoenix Suns.

Pop made a deal with the devil when he decided to eschew defense in favor of offense this season. This is now how the Spurs have ever won a championship for a reason. You will see come playoff time.

HarlemHeat37
01-02-2011, 12:32 PM
Spurs' defense: #8 in the NBA, 100.9 points allowed per 100 possessions, vs. the #9 most difficult schedule..

Lakers' defense: #10 in the NBA, 101.8 points allowed per 100 possessions, vs. the #29 most difficult schedule..

NASpurs
01-02-2011, 12:35 PM
They are out-offensing their way to wins, they aren't doing it with defense.

Spurs' defense: #8 in the NBA, 100.9 points allowed per 100 possessions, vs. the #9 most difficult schedule..

Lakers' defense: #10 in the NBA, 101.8 points allowed per 100 possessions, vs. the #29 most difficult schedule..

Pretty much owning dumbass Laker fan who obviously talks out of his ass.

Giuseppe
01-02-2011, 12:36 PM
Pop made a deal with the devil when he decided to eschew defense in favor of offense this season. This is now how the Spurs have ever won a championship for a reason. You will see come playoff time.

^It's a valid hypothesis. Let us hope it's confirmed.

Mr.Bottomtooth
01-02-2011, 12:40 PM

lmao

BanditHiro
01-02-2011, 12:43 PM

good stuff

the other guy should just drown himself in boiling water.

NASpurs
01-02-2011, 12:56 PM
The Lakers have never had a problem winning on the road in the playoffs. I don't expect this season to be any different if they are without HCA the whole way through.

Past two seasons in the playoffs on the road:
@Utah L
@Utah W
@Houston W
@Houston L
@Houston L
@Denver W
@Denver L
@Denver W
@Orlando L
@Orlando W
@Orlando W
@OKC L
@OKC L
@OKC W
@Utah W
@Utah W
@Phoenix L
@Phoenix L
@Phoenix W
@Boston W
@Boston L
@Boston L
-------

11 Ws - 11 Ls

.500 team on the road in the playoffs. Thank your lucky stars your team had home court.

ChuckD
01-02-2011, 02:26 PM

Realistically, ALL teams are jumpshooting teams. They get the vast majority of their shots that way.

from 82games

LAL 68% of shots are jumpers .450 eff FG%
SAS 71% of shots are jumpers .480 eff FG%
DAL 76% of shots are jumpers .484 eff FG%

We're closer to the Lakers mix than Dallas's. That crapola eff FG% also explains a lot of the Laker's struggles. They need to become a BETTER jumpshooting team, or someone is going to pack the lane and KO them from the playoffs.

djohn2oo8
01-02-2011, 02:29 PM

Bottom line is the Spurs are more of a gimmick regular season team than they are a serious playoff team at this point. I just don't see the necessary variables in that Spur's lineup that would make them champions. They simply have no front court size whatsoever and it is quite clear that Tim Duncan is on his last legs, he looks absolutely pedestrian on the floor. They are out-offensing their way to wins, they aren't doing it with defense. A recipe for disaster in the playoffs, go ask the Phoenix Suns.

The Butthurt is strong with this one

TinTin
01-02-2011, 02:46 PM
rofl dazed and confused got crucified in this thread

21_Blessings
01-02-2011, 04:07 PM
:sleep regular season statistics

This Laker core has proven that they can play at a completely higher tier defensively come playoff time. The Spurs don't have the personnel to do the same, which is obvious.

jjktkk
01-02-2011, 04:09 PM

HH, quit throwing stats out, your gonna confuse them with knowledge.

jjktkk
01-02-2011, 04:10 PM

This Laker core has proven that they can play at a completely higher tier defensively come playoff time. The Spurs don't have the personnel to do the same, which is obvious.

Duncan, Ginoboli, and Parker are laughing at you right now.

ohmwrecker
01-02-2011, 04:11 PM

Yeah, it was pretty obvious when they were whipping the Lakers' ass.

21_Blessings
01-02-2011, 04:12 PM
Duncan, Ginoboli, and Parker are laughing at you right now.

Ah yes, the same three guys that couldn't garner up enough heart to win one contest against a mediocre Suns team?

Hahaha

jjktkk
01-02-2011, 04:18 PM
Ah yes, the same three guys that couldn't garner up enough heart to win one contest against a mediocre Suns team?

Hahaha

Just keep looking up at the standings.

ChuckD
01-02-2011, 04:55 PM

You can go to that well too often, especially after a string of long playoff runs and summer NT play.

ohmwrecker
01-02-2011, 05:01 PM
Manu was playing injured

Tony wasn't himself

Our bench was shallow

You aren't helping tbh.

ChuckD
01-02-2011, 05:09 PM
You aren't helping tbh.

Yeah, I was really thinking he should get back to the shallow end of the pool, myself.

Cessation
01-02-2011, 05:25 PM
Blair, 6-5 center owning the scary laker frontline. 3 Finals appearances, is impressive, but its bound to end sometime, all signs pointing that this is the year, you had a nice run.

ChuckD
01-02-2011, 05:34 PM
Teams become victims of their own success. Those three long playoff runs are the better chunk of an additional season played by an aging team.

LkrFan
01-02-2011, 06:07 PM
LOL at thinking the Lakers defense will remain mediocre now that our starting center has returned. HH conveniently left that part out of his post.

I'd like to see what the Mavs look like without their anchor, or the Spurs. The Lakers were still a 4th seed without their anchor. No other team in the league can pull that off.

21_Blessings
01-02-2011, 06:21 PM
Teams become victims of their own success. Those three long playoff runs are the better chunk of an additional season played by an aging team.

Which is why the Lakers don't really give two shits about what happens in November/December/January/February/March/April.

The Lakers walked through the West three straight seasons seriously banged up. Now they added depth off the bench for their streakiest player (Ron) and their young big is playing like the best center in the Western Conference at only 75% effectiveness.

Good f'n luck beating that team 4 out 7 when it's do or die. Boston and Miami are the only teams with the tools to do it and it's going to take nearly perfect basketball for that to happen.

jjktkk
01-02-2011, 06:39 PM
Which is why the Lakers don't really give two shits about what happens in November/December/January/February/March/April.

The Lakers walked through the West three straight seasons seriously banged up. Now they added depth off the bench for their streakiest player (Ron) and their young big is playing like the best center in the Western Conference at only 75% effectiveness.

Good f'n luck beating that team 4 out 7 when it's do or die. Boston and Miami are the only teams with the tools to do it and it's going to take nearly perfect basketball for that to happen.

Talking out of your ass alittle bit there buddy. Your starting center has gimpy knees, and your "getting a little long in the tooth superstar" Colorado Kobe is having problems once again passing the rock and trying to prove he still can go 1 on 5. Pedestrian pg's Fisher and Blake are looking alittle slow and are a disadvantage against quicker pg's. And Ron Ron looks like hes ready to blow his stack, over not getting any touches and lack of playing time. Its one thing to try and pump up your team, but you need to take of your purple and gold colored glasses and realize this year's trip to the playoffs is not gonna be a walk in the park.

BanditHiro
01-02-2011, 06:58 PM
LOL at thinking the Lakers defense will remain mediocre now that our starting center has returned. HH conveniently left that part out of his post.

I'd like to see what the Mavs look like without their anchor, or the Spurs. The Lakers were still a 4th seed without their anchor. No other team in the league can pull that off.

why do people even try to reason with these people...

Cessation
01-02-2011, 06:59 PM
The run is going to end sometime. This isn't last year's laker team, clearly they are not as good. I think those summer additions that looked so good on paper, have affected the teams chemistry, and not in positive way. Add to that the improved competition, the core's age, and wear and tear of 3 deep playoff runs. This might be it, for the lakers.

Muser
01-02-2011, 07:01 PM

I thought the Spurs anchor was trash? You know that old washed up Jim Dunan guy?

Ghazi
01-02-2011, 07:02 PM
21_Blessings backpedaling.

Miami now has the tools to beat LA?

:lol

jjktkk
01-02-2011, 07:05 PM

Kinda like Fisher playing defense?

Cessation
01-02-2011, 07:08 PM
Kinda like Fisher playing defense?

lol

LkrFan
01-02-2011, 07:09 PM
I thought the Spurs anchor was trash? You know that old washed up Jim Dunan guy?
:lol - I never called him that - although that is funny.

TD is still a good anchor. Is he the 1999 TD? No but he is still a good anchor. Take TD out of your lineup and the Spurs' defense is laughable at best.

People like to clown Bynum but he is very key to the Lakers' 2011 title hopes. He allows Pau to not have to battle centers for a full game. Case in point, remember when Pau was beasting to begin the season? Not anymore because he is getting roughed up out there. Bynum puts him back in his natural position.

Bynum is looking better defensively so far. He's not erasing layup attempts but he is highly discouraging them. I expect now that the Lakers are whole the Bynum/Pau combination should start to pay dividends. So far, so good with Bynum starting, tbh.

jjktkk
01-02-2011, 07:12 PM

TD is still a good anchor. Is he the 1999 TD? No but he is still a good anchor. Take TD out of your lineup and the Spurs' defense is laughable at best.

People like to clown Bynum but he is very key to the Lakers' 2011 title hopes. He allows Pau to not have to battle centers for a full game. Case in point, remember when Pau was beasting to begin the season? Not anymore because he is getting roughed up out there. Bynum puts him back in his natural position.

Bynum is looking better defensively so far. He's not erasing layup attempts but he is highly discouraging them. I expect now that the Lakers are whole the Bynum/Pau combination should start to pay dividends. So far, so good with Bynum starting, tbh.

Alot of season left for Bynum to tweak a pinkie toe, or something. Does Bynum use Greg Oden's trainer?

21_Blessings
01-02-2011, 07:14 PM

How do you figure that?

With a Laker injury or two and the way they rack up freebies of course they have the tools, just lacking the heart.

Playing perfect basketball for an entire series is pretty unlikely tho. A relatively injury-free Laker team with a healthy Bynum is nigh unbeatable and is the reason the NBA is pretty fucking b:lolned in the event that comes to pass.

LkrFan
01-02-2011, 07:15 PM
Alot of season left for Bynum to tweak a pinkie toe, or something. Does Bynum use Greg Oden's trainer?
LOL at you Laker haters wishing for a Bynum injury. Stay classy Spur fans. Stay classy. :downspin:

Giuseppe
01-02-2011, 07:16 PM
Does Bynum use Greg Oden's trainer?

No, but he used Perkins to lean on in Game 6 back in June to fine affect.

tee, hee.

Ghazi
01-02-2011, 07:16 PM
NB:lol is f:lolcked

Ghazi
01-02-2011, 07:17 PM
Giuseppe

BanditHiro
01-02-2011, 07:22 PM
How do you figure that?

With a Laker injury or two and the way they rack up freebies of course they have the tools, just lacking the heart.

Playing perfect basketball for an entire series is pretty unlikely tho. A relatively injury-free Laker team with a healthy Bynum is nigh unbeatable and is the reason the NBA is pretty fucking b:lolned in the event that comes to pass.

when will you change your Avatar?

ezau
01-02-2011, 11:07 PM

Wow, solid post for once LkrFan. Agree with this, even if Duncan doesn't post the numbers that he used to, without him, our title aspirations are over.

Right now, TD is doing very well defensively and we definitely need him to be healthy to have a lot of success in the coming months.

With regard to Bynum, I completely disagree with dumbfucks calling him a top 5 center in the league.

However, his presence simply makes it easier for Gasol, Kobe, and Odom to operate. He has the toughness that Gasol doesn't have and when he's on the court, that Laker frontline looks really scary.

ChuckD
01-02-2011, 11:24 PM

Boston? Yeah. Miami? Not a chance. Spurs have a better chance than that donut mutha fuckin' team.

Cry Havoc
01-02-2011, 11:29 PM
Bynum is our savior!

Memphis 87
Lakers 67

:lmao

Cessation
01-03-2011, 10:03 AM
lol lakers losing to the grizz

NASpurs
01-03-2011, 10:06 AM
lol Bynum the anchor.

How good is an anchor when the boat attached to it is still sinking?

HarlemHeat37
05-07-2011, 12:01 PM
Truth.

see also: Dallas Mavericks

OKC's athleticism and explosiveness might give the Lakers a scare if their front line wasn't complete shit.

Nothing out West has really changed tho.

How do you figure that?

Boston? Yeah. Miami? Not a chance. Spurs have a better chance than that donut mutha fuckin' team.

:lmao..

SpurOutofTownFan
05-07-2011, 12:03 PM
http://unsealedprophecy.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/end-is-near-785574.jpg

Giuseppe
05-07-2011, 12:05 PM
http://unsealedprophecy.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/end-is-near-785574.jpg

Like 8!

Bill_Brasky
05-07-2011, 12:14 PM
Further proof that nobody here really knows jack shit.

NASpurs
05-08-2011, 05:51 PM
Good call!

Riddler
05-08-2011, 05:53 PM
:lmao Somebody put an APB out for this bitch

Reck
05-08-2011, 06:12 PM
Well he was right.

The Lakers didn't make it there so how can they lose?

Budkin
05-08-2011, 06:18 PM
:lmao x 1000000000

Ghazi
05-10-2011, 12:56 AM
rebump :lol

Frenzy
05-10-2011, 01:04 AM
This chick ever come back?

Splits
05-10-2011, 01:07 AM
Hopefully this snatch is looking at her shower rod and thinking of possible uses. Or has already executed best use for Laker homer.

05-10-2011, 01:08 AM
http://i.imgur.com/SmaB3.gif

Cessation
05-10-2011, 01:11 AM
The run is going to end sometime. This isn't last year's laker team, clearly they are not as good. I think those summer additions that looked so good on paper, have affected the teams chemistry, and not in positive way. Add to that the improved competition, the core's age, and wear and tear of 3 deep playoff runs. This might be it, for the lakers.

Damn, I was rather close.

lol laker trolls

Spurtacus
05-10-2011, 01:11 AM
http://209.160.24.97/ds_img_direct.php?i=artest.gif&t=8&d=1fjdcjav7c&x=360&y=480&l1=169&l2=61