PDA

View Full Version : so who signs David West next season?

BRHornet45
01-01-2011, 10:13 PM
sons David West has made it no secret that he does plan to opt out of the final year of his contract at the end of the season and has also said that he would love to stay in New Orleans, but all NBA players say the same thing about the teams they are currently playing for so that doesn't mean anything. West has been a Hornet for all 8 seasons of his career, but at 30 years old I am not completely sure the Hornets will give him the 5 or 6 year contract that he will be asking for. Take David Lee this past off season for example ... he signed a 6 year, $80M contract with Golden State. Now in my opinion and stats will back it up, David West is a better player than David Lee not by much, but gets the nod due to his ability to score. I expect West to ask for a contract somewhere in the range of 5 years, $65M-70M.

West is a 2-time All Star and has a good chance to make his 3rd appearance this season. He has proven that he can be a legit 2nd scoring option (or 1st scoring option on a bullshit team), and over the last 4 seasons has been good for 20 points and 8 rebounds per game, and has only missed 13 games over the last 4 years. His main downfall however is his laziness under the basket on defense. If he actually gave 100% on both sides of the floor he could easily grab 10 boards a game.

so sons where do you expect him to be playing next season AND would you want him? The Hornets have proven that they will dish out big contracts, but I'm not completely sure they will give West the type of money that he will be asking for considering his age. If he doesn't stay with New Orleans, I expect him to end up somewhere irrelevant like Toronto or Charlotte simply for the big contract. New Jersey maybe?

frodo
01-01-2011, 10:20 PM
sign&trade him to nets and get 5 picks back

Pelicans78
01-01-2011, 10:25 PM
He will sign with Spurs. He would be a good fit.

frodo
01-01-2011, 10:28 PM

no need for another PF imo, especially not a 30yr-old PF who demands a 5-yr contract worth 65-70M. blair has been dat trigga and i believe he'll player even better next season.

BRHornet45
01-01-2011, 10:28 PM

good point. by next season Duncan will be struggling to put up 8 points a game.

BlackSwordsMan
01-01-2011, 10:31 PM
sons king paul has the skill and ability to make trash players look good out there theres no end to the possibilities of who will sign him.

Mark in Austin
01-01-2011, 11:09 PM
I wonder if NY will have any interest if they strike out with Carmelo.

Dunc n Dave
01-01-2011, 11:13 PM
Although his lack of shot blocking is a minus, I'd take West on the Spurs in a S&T for McDyess's contract and Blair.

It would be a wash basically for the Spurs, since McDyess is retiring after this year anyway.

Muser
01-01-2011, 11:14 PM

No need tbh.

BRHornet45
01-01-2011, 11:24 PM
Although his lack of shot blocking is a minus, I'd take West on the Spurs in a S&T for McDyess's contract and Blair.

It would be a wash basically for the Spurs, since McDyess is retiring after this year anyway.

son West has always performed well in San Antonio and against them. Since the 2007-08 season he has averaged 22.3 PPG and 7.3 RPG at the AT&T Center.

DJ Mbenga
01-01-2011, 11:37 PM
sons David West has made it no secret that he does plan to opt out of the final year of his contract at the end of the season and has also said that he would love to stay in New Orleans, but all NBA players say the same thing about the teams they are currently playing for so that doesn't mean anything. West has been a Hornet for all 8 seasons of his career, but at 30 years old I am not completely sure the Hornets will give him the 5 or 6 year contract that he will be asking for. Take David Lee this past off season for example ... he signed a 6 year, $80M contract with Golden State. Now in my opinion and stats will back it up, David West is a better player than David Lee not by much, but gets the nod due to his ability to score. I expect West to ask for a contract somewhere in the range of 5 years, $65M-70M.

West is a 2-time All Star and has a good chance to make his 3rd appearance this season. He has proven that he can be a legit 2nd scoring option (or 1st scoring option on a bullshit team), and over the last 4 seasons has been good for 20 points and 8 rebounds per game, and has only missed 13 games over the last 4 years. His main downfall however is his laziness under the basket on defense. If he actually gave 100% on both sides of the floor he could easily grab 10 boards a game.

so sons where do you expect him to be playing next season AND would you want him? The Hornets have proven that they will dish out big contracts, but I'm not completely sure they will give West the type of money that he will be asking for considering his age. If he doesn't stay with New Orleans, I expect him to end up somewhere irrelevant like Toronto or Charlotte simply for the big contract. New Jersey maybe?

he does?

frodo
01-01-2011, 11:38 PM
son West has always performed well in San Antonio and against them. Since the 2007-08 season he has averaged 22.3 PPG and 7.3 RPG at the AT&T Center.

yup but still not worth 10M+ a year while they already have so many triggas to play PF. west would be a backup at most and wouldn't be paid more than 3m a year if he joined the spurs

BRHornet45
01-01-2011, 11:45 PM
he does?

son as a reserve yes he does. of course he will never make it by the fan voting, but the coaches and players have voted him in twice before. He was putting up 20 and 7 up until the last week or so when he hit a slump.

BRHornet45
01-01-2011, 11:46 PM
yup but still not worth 10M+ a year while they already have so many triggas to play PF. west would be a backup at most and wouldn't be paid more than 3m a year if he joined the spurs

son if David Lee is "worth" $13.5M per year, then David West is "worth" at least that and probably a little more.

ducks
01-01-2011, 11:48 PM
nba will trade west for odom or ron

BRHornet45
01-01-2011, 11:51 PM
son West would fit in perfectly with Mike D'Antoni in NY because he wouldn't have to play defense. however they already have Amare and are trying to get King Paul and Carmelo.

TimmehC
01-02-2011, 01:03 AM
Suns.

BRHornet45
01-02-2011, 01:11 AM
Suns.

son that is a very good fit for him as well. however if Nash is still there they would be EXACTLY like the Hornets are right now.

crc21209
01-02-2011, 01:24 AM
good point. by next season Duncan will be struggling to put up 8 points a game.

:lol BR Jealous...

JamStone
01-02-2011, 01:28 AM
Indiana Pacers.

I think he fits what they want to do, fits a positional need, is one of the teams that will have a lot of cap space (even after the new CBA) to offer him a big contract.

JMarkJohns
01-02-2011, 01:29 AM
I think the Suns could probably swing a trade for him at some point this season.