PDA

View Full Version : So I take it there will be no movement before trade deadline?

davi78239
01-01-2011, 10:59 PM
When's the last time we were able to say this?

honestfool84
01-01-2011, 11:01 PM
if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

sananspursfan21
01-01-2011, 11:04 PM
Not unless it is a home run trade. At the moment I don't even see the Spurs seeing any trade as a "sure thing." I doubt even Bonner would be moved.

bonners doing exactly what hes supposed to be doing and hes actually becoming more of an all around player offensively cept his post game haha

Muser
01-01-2011, 11:09 PM
Not unless it is a home run trade. At the moment I don't even see the Spurs seeing any trade as a "sure thing." I doubt even Bonner would be moved.

:tu Bonner has even improved his D, not that it's great though.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-01-2011, 11:39 PM
bonners doing exactly what hes supposed to be doing and hes actually becoming more of an all around player offensively cept his post game haha

Problem is we've seen this before with Bonehead. He'll play like this all regular season and then go into the fetal position when the playoffs start.

EJFischer
01-01-2011, 11:49 PM
At this point, any realistic trade would be irresponsible. Unless we can somehow turn Bonner and Splitter into Kevin Love, or some other fantasy wet dream, there is no change we can make that won't be a step backwards.

ducks
01-01-2011, 11:52 PM
booner for gortat
if he fell out of favor with the suns for expecting them to play d

pawe
01-02-2011, 12:02 AM
I can deal with RJ being traded.
RJ for Pietrus. I dont know who else can be added from the suns though.

UnWantedTheory
01-02-2011, 12:04 AM
RJ for Pietrus. I dont know who else can be added from the suns though.
Huh? Why?

rascal
01-02-2011, 12:10 AM
The spurs need to add another quality big. This record will mislead people into believing they don't need to make any changes or upgrades. The spurs are not deep enough on the frontline.

EJFischer
01-02-2011, 01:18 AM
A random big will not be an upgrade, because we know by now that it takes a season to learn Pop's defensive schemes. The only players worth having would be ones with freakish individual skills, and those guys aren't available. (Pretty much the only conceivable trade I wouldn't absolutely hate would be trading for Kris Humphries, who's been playing out of his mind this season.)

Bottom line is there is no one out that that we could get who would be worth the hit in, as Pop calls it, corporate knowledge.

EricB
01-02-2011, 01:23 AM
The spurs need to add another quality big. This record will mislead people into believing they don't need to make any changes or upgrades. The spurs are not deep enough on the frontline.

Whos this mythical big thats available?

:lol @ Rascal being not happy with 29-4.
Of course not.

pawe
01-02-2011, 01:26 AM
Don't do drugs.

Huh? Why?

Did you boys see RJ gainst the lakers? He was outside the 3 camping. Pietrus can do that too plus he can defend since he has good lateral movements.

To be clear, Im not saying trade RJ but if we are talking about fantasy scenarios then what Im saying is I am fine with this move if ever it happens in bizarro world.

EricB
01-02-2011, 01:32 AM
Did you boys see RJ gainst the lakers? He was outside the 3 camping. Pietrus can do that too plus he can defend since he has good lateral movements.

To be clear, Im not saying trade RJ but if we are talking about fantasy scenarios then what Im saying is I am fine with this move if ever it happens in bizarro world.

He was doing more than that.

Richard Jefferson is a big cog right now in the team, playing great and you want to trade him?

GTFO of here with that shit.

pawe
01-02-2011, 01:37 AM
Dude read it again...this is a fantasy trade thread. I dont want to trade RJ because he is contributing to the team and he knows the system already specially that TP alleyoop play.
You get the fuck out with that aggression.

EricB
01-02-2011, 01:39 AM
Dude read it again...this is a fantasy trade thread. I dont want to trade RJ because he is contributing to the team and he knows the system already specially that TP alleyoop play.
You get the fuck out with that aggression.

Its not a fantasy trade thread, its a thread asking will there BE a trade or is it assumed with how they are going there will be no movement.

If you don't want to trade Jefferson why would you say that then? And for Pietrus...

greyforest
01-02-2011, 01:39 AM
No.

Ditty
01-02-2011, 01:45 AM
Still hoping for a quality small foward to be bought out around the trade deadline just in case if anderson or neal hit the rookie wall

DesignatedT
01-02-2011, 01:49 AM
lol Bonner has been our 2nd best big up to this point. Getting rid of him would be retarded. The guy is playing great basketball right now.

pawe
01-02-2011, 01:51 AM
Its not a fantasy trade thread, its a thread asking will there BE a trade or is it assumed with how they are going there will be no movement.

If you don't want to trade Jefferson why would you say that then? And for Pietrus...

Who knows what the FO will do, are you 100% certain they wont do anything?
The only reason I picked RJ is they have enough scorers already and they need a good strong defender for Melo, Dirk, LBJ and Durant.

Im not a talent scout so pardon me if my unreal choice of Pietrus sounds idiotic.

Ditty
01-02-2011, 01:56 AM
I would doubt phoenix would want to help us at all, and take on Jefferson's contract also imo but pietrus would be a nice option but not for Jefferson who is a better slasher but Pietrus more of streaky shooter plus his defense is overrated was schooled many times by lebron,pierce and kobe

jag
01-02-2011, 01:57 AM
RJ for Pietrus.

:lol

JsnSA
01-02-2011, 03:09 AM
I would not trade Bonner at this point either unless as pretty much everyone has said we somehow get a deal thats too good to pass up. I am concerned though that as good as Bonner has been playing he will once again disappear in the playoffs.

Spurs need to pay some hypnotist to convince Bonner he has balls just before the playoffs starts.

jjktkk
01-02-2011, 03:35 AM
The only reason I picked RJ is they have enough scorers already and they need a good strong defender for Melo, Dirk, LBJ and Durant.

Im not a talent scout so pardon me if my unreal choice of Pietrus sounds idiotic.

Pietrus is a good defender, but PHX isn't gonna give em away for peanuts. Besdies RJ has been playing pretty good defense this season. Add Anderson to the mix, and I'm not worried about the sf position.

TJastal
01-02-2011, 05:19 AM
I would love Pietrus backing up RJ but its not gonna happen unless the spurs plan to ship Bonner out + probably Anderson, which I don't see Pop going for.

Personally, I would pull the trigger on a deal similar to that, though. Because it would mean no more Bonner, plenty of time for Splitter to get comfortable and become a force in the 2nd unit, and Pietrus would really help the spurs to matchup to teams with superior athleticism on the wing. Not to mention he has a history of being a big time clutch shooter in playoff games, unlike the big red headed doof.

Mel_13
01-02-2011, 10:55 AM
I would love Pietrus backing up RJ but its not gonna happen unless the spurs plan to ship Bonner out + probably Anderson, which I don't see Pop going for.

Personally, I would pull the trigger on a deal similar to that, though. Because it would mean no more Bonner, plenty of time for Splitter to get comfortable and become a force in the 2nd unit, and Pietrus would really help the spurs to matchup to teams with superior athleticism on the wing. Not to mention he has a history of being a big time clutch shooter in playoff games, unlike the big red headed doof.

The Suns wouldn't, in no small part for the reasons you stated.

Bruno
01-02-2011, 10:58 AM
Spurs have a great record, they are under the luxury tax and their team will be well balanced when Anderson will be back. They have no reason to do a trade before the deadline. If there is a no brainer deal, they will of course do it but this kind of deal rarely happen so expect a quiet trade deadline for Spurs.

01-02-2011, 12:28 PM
i'm still hoping for some pau gasol type deal to put the spurs way over the top.

DMC
01-02-2011, 12:30 PM
I would doubt phoenix would want to help us at all, and take on Jefferson's contract also imo but pietrus would be a nice option but not for Jefferson who is a better slasher but Pietrus more of streaky shooter plus his defense is overrated was schooled many times by lebron,pierce and kobe

Everyone in the league has been schooled many times by the three you mentioned.

DMC
01-02-2011, 12:32 PM

We know you would trade Bonner for an basketball autographed by Sleepy Floyd. What's new?

There are so many posters here who push their fucking agenda in every post. You are one of them. It's annoying. Get over it. There's no rationale in your posts. Just agenda.

You and guytardude should be relegated to your own forum so you can invite Ducks, where you three can say the same shit over and over, except guytard would be waxing philosophical about the finer points of the zone and his 15 years of in depth study on the Bell Curve.

xmas1997
01-02-2011, 12:46 PM
Spurs have a great record, they are under the luxury tax and their team will be well balanced when Anderson will be back. They have no reason to do a trade before the deadline. If there is a no brainer deal, they will of course do it but this kind of deal rarely happen so expect a quiet trade deadline for Spurs.

I agree with this 100%.
Search me why so many are always wanting a trade, especially when the Spurs are doing so well. It makes no sense whatsoever!
Are people bored now with the winning?

tdunk21
01-02-2011, 12:47 PM
dice for gortat??? then suns release dice so that he can rejoin spurs after 30 days unless suns want to dump gortat's contract...

TJastal
01-02-2011, 12:51 PM
We know you would trade Bonner for an basketball autographed by Sleepy Floyd. What's new?

There are so many posters here who push their fucking agenda in every post. You are one of them. It's annoying. Get over it. There's no rationale in your posts. Just agenda.

You and guytardude should be relegated to your own forum so you can invite Ducks, where you three can say the same shit over and over, except guytard would be waxing philosophical about the finer points of the zone and his 15 years of in depth study on the Bell Curve.

Great idea, you can put us right next to the pollyanna poppers, and we can all meet at a steak place and shoot straw wrappers at each other.

DesignatedT
01-03-2011, 11:31 PM

:lol

100%duncan
01-04-2011, 01:11 AM
I aint seeing any players to be traded. Splitter- too early to count him out,Udoka- Improved defense in the last games, Bonner- Pop won't do it trust me, Dice - we need his bball IQ and experience especially in the PO, Quinn - a good back up pg when he is on the court he is decent, the other players that are not on my list I think I don't have to explain it

ezau
01-04-2011, 03:30 AM
The team's gonna stand pat. Pop is not dumb enough to fuck up the chemistry by adding a rotation player this late. Unless that guy is Carmelo, we won't be trading anybody this year.

jjktkk
01-04-2011, 03:51 AM
The team's gonna stand pat. Pop is not dumb enough to fuck up the chemistry by adding a rotation player this late. Unless that guy is Carmelo, we won't be trading anybody this year.

Good job ezau, your giving Tjastal ulcers.

Roger Freemason Jr.
01-04-2011, 04:34 AM
What is with this Bonner in the playoffs thing? Sure Bonner didn't perform too well in last season's playoffs, but he's becoming a more well-rounded player this year, and is even confident to try and drive it home. So don't act as if you know it's a certainty that Bonner will ruin EVERYTHING in the playoffs, that is moronic.

mountainballer
01-04-2011, 05:03 AM
Spurs don't need to do a trade at deadline.
this is often the best position to do a trade.
deadline 2005 the Spurs had the best record in the league (and likely the best Spurs team in history) when they pulled the trigger on the Malik for Nazr trade. that trade was evaluated crucial for eventually winning the 2005 title.
(to counter the size and physicality of the Pistons)
so, never say never.

jesterbobman
01-04-2011, 05:46 AM
I think they'll definitely be looking and judging the market, and if an offer is on the table that'd improve the team, they should still take it. I think our pick is definitely up for grabs, and could be used in a trade for a final piece/Security(Improving 3rd PG spot from Quinn, adding a solid Center, getting a project player the Spurs could use next year(If they like that person more than people likely to be there at 30)). Definitely dealing from a position of strength though, which is a good thing.

Waps1980
01-04-2011, 06:12 AM

We may have scorers but if 1 of the big 3 go down RJ can step up and will he did it while Tony was out at the end of last season.
We are lucky to have him playing well doing what Pop wants him to, but yet if needed can take more scoring load.

Plus he has done a reasonable job on some of those names you listed, I thought he did great on Durant.

ChuckD
01-04-2011, 10:39 AM
What is with this Bonner in the playoffs thing? Sure Bonner didn't perform too well in last season's playoffs, but he's becoming a more well-rounded player this year, and is even confident to try and drive it home. So don't act as if you know it's a certainty that Bonner will ruin EVERYTHING in the playoffs, that is moronic.

He shot 43% FGS and 37% 3GS. Not exactly a choke.

smeagol
01-04-2011, 10:51 AM

Broken record . . .

bluebellmaniac
01-04-2011, 11:08 AM
Matt Bonner + next year's 1st for Marc Gasol

;-)

Mel_13
01-04-2011, 12:00 PM
I think it's safe to offer congrats to Chris Quinn and Ime Udoka for surviving long enough to have their contracts guaranteed for the remainder of the season. The Spurs have until close of business tomorrow to submit waiver requests on either one, but I very much doubt that they would bring the players on the road trip just to have them available for the Knick game.

HankChinaski
01-04-2011, 06:17 PM
yeah the flaws in the front court are going to cause some issues, but the coaching staff looks like they have learned to focus the defense more out on the perimeter and playing the passing lanes more with the depth we have in our back court. The defense is still there. And has the potential to improve more. Especially when you have someone like Blair adapting more and more and utilizing his skill sets against starting bigs. Fighting them out of position and pestering them before they're set with his wingspan. Man has been able to manipulate bigger post players this way and generate a lot of strips and steals.

I think our front has it's flaws, but there is nothing that the spurs could pull in that would help the front court albeit some miraculous trade that brought in a 6ft 10 rebounding beast like Love.

angelbelow
01-04-2011, 06:19 PM
Unless there's a win-win situation where a trade is too good to be refused, we don't need to make any moves.

duncan228
01-05-2011, 12:20 AM
I think it's safe to offer congrats to Chris Quinn and Ime Udoka for surviving long enough to have their contracts guaranteed for the remainder of the season. The Spurs have until close of business tomorrow to submit waiver requests on either one, but I very much doubt that they would bring the players on the road trip just to have them available for the Knick game.

Guaranteed money: It appears Chris Quinn and Ime Udoka will remain with the Spurs for the remainder of the season. Both players were still on the roster as of tip-off in New York, ensuring their veteran minimum contracts will become fully guaranteed on Jan. 10.

Tuesday was the last day teams could waive players in time to clear waivers before the deadline.

In recent days, coach Gregg Popovich has praised both players for filling veteran roles at the end of his bench.

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2011/01/04/former-spurs-player-mason-says-lockout-probable/