PDA

View Full Version : Cat Stevens Evil Terrorist?

IcemanCometh
09-28-2004, 08:49 PM
Or spelling mixup? Oops, we'll go back to pestering grannys in airports now. (http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/afp/20040926/wl_uk_afp/us_attacks_air_britain_040926095301)

Yonivore
09-28-2004, 10:09 PM
He's still a terrorist. Spelling error or not.

Guru of Nothing
09-28-2004, 10:14 PM
He's still a terrorist.

Please excuse my attention deficit. How is Cat Stevens a terrorist?

Yonivore
09-28-2004, 10:18 PM
He has contributed to "charitible" organizations with ties to Hamas.

That makes him a terrorist.

Guru of Nothing
09-28-2004, 10:32 PM
He has contributed to "charitible" organizations with ties to Hamas.

If true, then I concur; but help me out once more with my little problem paying attention. I just can't seem to get my shit in one sock.

Hamas? Do they do the suicide bomb thing? Beheadings? Blow up buildings? Keep civilian hostages? Execute helpless women? Hijack planes?

It's a wild world.

Yonivore
09-28-2004, 10:33 PM
I can suggest a therapist for that attention deficit disorder.

Guru of Nothing
09-28-2004, 11:05 PM
I can suggest a therapist for that attention deficit disorder.

Huh? I have an attention deficit, not an an attention deficit disorder. As a matter of fact, anyone who reads this has an attention deficit.

It's all about the times we live in, and not my mind.

Spurminator
09-28-2004, 11:08 PM
HAMAS terrorists, especially those in the Izz al-Din al-Qassam Brigades, have conducted many attacks—including large-scale suicide bombings—against Israeli civilian and military targets. HAMAS maintained the pace of its operational activity during 2002-03, claiming numerous attacks against Israeli interests. HAMAS has not yet directly targeted US interests, although the group makes little or no effort to avoid targets frequented by foreigners. HAMAS continues to confine its attacks to Israel and the territories. (http://library.nps.navy.mil/home/tgp/hamas.htm)

Nbadan
09-29-2004, 02:56 AM
September 28, 2004

COMMENTARY
Something Bad Has Begun
The former Cat Stevens says he hasn't changed but the U.S. has.

COMMENTARY
By Yusuf Islam, Yusuf Islam, the singer formerly known as Cat Stevens, was deported to Britain last week after being refused entry into the United States.

LA Times (http://www.latimes.com/news/custom/showcase/la-oe-islam28sep28.story)
God almighty! Is this the same planet I'd taken off from? I was devastated. The unbelievable thing is that only two months earlier, I had been having meetings in Washington with top officials from the White House Office of Faith-Based and Community Initiatives to talk about my charity work. Even further back, one month after the attack on the World Trade Center, I was in New York meeting Peter Gabriel and Hillary Rodham Clinton at the World Economic Forum!

Consistently I have condemned the attacks of 9/11, stating that the slaughter of innocents, the taking of hostages and coldblooded killing of women and children have nothing do with the teachings of Islam. I've openly and publicly repudiated the actions of groups that resort to such acts of inhumanity — whatever their names. Any allegations to the contrary are fabricated. The Koran equates the murder of one innocent person with the murder of all of humanity.

Ever since I embraced Islam in 1977, people have regularly tried to link me with things I have nothing to do with. Take the Salman Rushdie case as an example, or the regurgitating of the accusation that I support groups like Hamas.

I am a man of peace, and I denounce all forms of terrorism and injustice; it is simply outrageous for anyone to suggest otherwise. The fact that I have sympathy for ordinary people in the world who are suffering from occupation, tyranny, poverty or war is human and has nothing to do with politics or terrorism.

Yonivore
09-29-2004, 10:54 AM
Crybaby.

Hook Dem
09-29-2004, 10:58 AM
"Ever since I embraced Islam in 1977" ........Embrace this!:flipoff

Tommy Duncan
09-29-2004, 12:59 PM
If he supported Hamas then the only problem I have is why his deportation was based on a case of mistaken identity. Sounds like there are a few bugs with the watch lists that need to be resolved.

Joe Chalupa
09-29-2004, 05:28 PM
I just dig his music. :fro