PDA

View Full Version : Sounds Like Butler is gonna be out for awhile...

wolf754life
01-02-2011, 12:56 AM
quote from carslile tonight

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/basketball/nba/mavericks/2011-01-02-butler-injury_N.htm

but the Mavericks were preparing to play an extended time without the 6-foot-7 forward who entered the night averaging 15.4 points.

"We're afraid that it's potentially serious," Dallas coach Rick Carlisle said. "We'll find out (Sunday) where things are at, probably later in the day."

Butler was to stay in Milwaukee overnight and return to Dallas on Sunday to be further examined.

Rumors that cuban will trade Roddy Beaubois and Butlers expiring contracts for a big name, keep hearing Joe Johnson in ATL.

Stay tuned

KaiRMD1
01-02-2011, 01:05 AM
Beaubois? Man, that'll suck for Dallas.

TD 21
01-02-2011, 01:10 AM
It's funny, I remember thinking the other day that the Mavs would get desperate and trade for Johnson, even though there's been no rumors. He's clearly in decline and is at the beginning of a horrendous contract, but for this season, at least, that trade would help the Mavs.

He's not having a great season (though he's been battling injury and rushed back . . . if he get's 100%, I expect him to revert to at least close to previous form) and not good enough to be a go-to player for a championship team (like Nowitzki), but maybe in conjunction they can fill that role for the Mavs. I still don't think they'd win the championship, but I think they'd have a puncher's chance.

For the Hawks, if they could pull this off, what a coup it would be. They've plateaued anyway and would not only rid themselves of an albatross, but get a promising young player and a big expiring contract in return. This would free them up to trade Teague for Thompson (supposedly Kings offered early in season) and if they so choose, re-sign Crawford.

EricB
01-02-2011, 01:13 AM
Wouldn't shock me at all if they made a run at Gerald Wallace or Stephen Jackson or both.

crc21209
01-02-2011, 01:13 AM
Dallas and Cuban frantically panicking like always....

LaMarcus Bryant
01-02-2011, 01:22 AM
I would be pissed if they got Stephen Jackson.

He would dominate on that team.

peskypesky
01-02-2011, 01:32 AM
Wouldn't shock me at all if they made a run at Gerald Wallace or Stephen Jackson or both.

please God do not let the Mavs get Gerald Wallace.

EricB
01-02-2011, 01:34 AM
Not saying they will, but reading twitter tonight and some DMN columnists it sounds like Butler is done for the year and thats who Cuban might go after.

Heres hoping Butler is not done for the year and came make a recovery, would suck if it was a serious injury.

Dex
01-02-2011, 02:19 AM
Only the salary cap would make teams desperate enough to provide a contender with another helpful piece. It's a weird, weird business.

(Scola thread?)

DesignatedT
01-02-2011, 03:00 AM
I could see the Mavs making a deal with Philly to try and get Iggy. They could be stupid/desperate enough to take on Elton Brand if it meant getting iguodala.

If Butler is out for the year which some people seem to be saying than that is a huge blow for that team.

01-02-2011, 03:00 AM
damn it, it seems like dallas doesn't stay dead. they keep pulling trade chips out of their ass. first it was kidd, then butler and haywood, then chandler, now potentially johnson/wallace/jackson.

siraulo23
01-02-2011, 03:09 AM
you can trade injured players?

EricB
01-02-2011, 04:15 AM
Art Garcia just said on Twitter a bit ago he's told its a torn patella tendon.

stealthjbravo
01-02-2011, 04:16 AM
Thats season ending correct?

EricB
01-02-2011, 04:19 AM
I believe so but not 100% sure.

They've called Dominique Jones up from the D-League.

TJastal
01-02-2011, 04:21 AM
Not saying they will, but reading twitter tonight and some DMN columnists it sounds like Butler is done for the year and thats who Cuban might go after.

Heres hoping Butler is not done for the year and came make a recovery, would suck if it was a serious injury.

Why hope he makes a recovery? So he can help the mavs beat the spurs in the playoffs?

chazley
01-02-2011, 04:27 AM
Caron wasn't a great fit on the Mavs in my opinion anyways. It would be very scary if they could get Gerald Wallace on that team, and they potentially have the pieces to do it. Can the rebuilding Bobcats really turn down an offer of Rodrique/Caron's expiring/two 1st round picks for Gerald?

Dallas would become a top 3 defensive club in the league, if not #1.

Could definitely be scenarios where Caron going down potentially means Dallas just improved their chances at a title.

TJastal
01-02-2011, 04:29 AM
Dirk, Chandler, & Wallace would be one helluvea nasty frontline in terms of scoring and defense.

TJastal
01-02-2011, 04:31 AM
Caron wasn't a great fit on the Mavs in my opinion anyways. It would be very scary if they could get Gerald Wallace on that team, and they potentially have the pieces to do it. Can the rebuilding Bobcats really turn down an offer of Rodrique/Caron's expiring/two 1st round picks for Gerald?

Dallas would become a top 3 defensive club in the league, if not #1.

Could definitely be scenarios where Caron going down potentially means Dallas just improved their chances at a title.

I agree if the mavs can pull a trade off for Wallace this injury would suck. I refuse to sit and wish goodwill for the guy however, since he plays for the arch-enemy inter-state rival for crissake.

jjktkk
01-02-2011, 04:37 AM
I agree if the mavs can pull a trade off for Wallace this injury would suck. I refuse to sit and wish goodwill for the guy however, since he plays for the arch-enemy inter-state rival for crissake.

Nobody on here would expect you show any kind of sportsmanship.

chazley
01-02-2011, 04:42 AM
Carmelo Anthony's name hasn't been brought up yet?

Butler + Beaubois + 2 1st rounders + fillers for Carmelo Anthony, do it Cuban.

Not gonna happen.

TJastal
01-02-2011, 04:54 AM
Nobody on here would expect you show any kind of sportsmanship.

Sorry I don't subscribe to this happy snappy bullshit.

To me, sportsmanship is extending a hand to a guy you just knocked on his ass to send him to the free throw line. But I'm not gonna sit in my spare time hoping a guy makes a quick recovery so he can help beat me in the playoffs, sorry.

So sue me that I prefer to see the spurs to win a championship than Caron Butler making a quick recovery. And while I celebrate and have a blast when the spurs win a championship you can continue to mourn about freakin' Caron Butler. Loser.

jjktkk
01-02-2011, 05:06 AM

To me, sportsmanship is extending a hand to a guy you just knocked on his ass to send him to the free throw line. But I'm not gonna sit in my spare time hoping a guy makes a quick recovery so he can help beat me in the playoffs, sorry.

So sue me that I prefer to see the spurs to win a championship than Caron Butler making a quick recovery. And while I celebrate and have a blast when the spurs win a championship you can continue to mourn about freakin' Caron Butler. Loser.

LOL loser. When have you ever even competed in a sporting event? Your post cements the fact that you absolutely have no a clue what sportmanship is.

TJastal
01-02-2011, 05:13 AM
LOL loser. When have you ever even competed in a sporting event? Your post cements the fact that you absolutely have no a clue what sportmanship is.

Sorry in advance if your post season is going to be spent lamenting Caron Butler's injured knee. Must suck for you.

jjktkk
01-02-2011, 05:20 AM
Sorry in advance if your post season is going to be spent lamenting Caron Butler's injured knee. Must suck for you.

Umm not really. Your the one that seems to be worried about Butler being some sort of Spurs killer if the Mavs and Spurs meet in the playoffs. I'm just acknowledging Butler's bad luck, and hope he makes it back from his injury.

TJastal
01-02-2011, 05:26 AM
Umm not really. Your the one that seems to be worried about Butler being some sort of Spurs killer if the Mavs and Spurs meet in the playoffs. I'm just acknowledging Butler's bad luck, and hope he makes it back from his injury.

Great, hope he makes it back from injury after the spurs win #5. Is that showing enough sportsmanship for you?

Lukor
01-02-2011, 06:53 AM
Wow guys,you don't have to like the Mavs(can hardly blame ya) but disrespecting a player who just suffered a major injury is whack. No one deserves this.

TJastal
01-02-2011, 07:01 AM
Wow guys,you don't have to like the Mavs(can hardly blame ya) but disrespecting a player who just suffered a major injury is whack. No one deserves this.

Who disrespected him in this thread? Nobody. Now STFU.

temujin
01-02-2011, 07:58 AM

This.

temujin
01-02-2011, 08:01 AM

Spurs would win a championship.
You are not a Spur.
You win nothing.

Spurs Brazil
01-02-2011, 08:10 AM
Art Garcia just said on Twitter a bit ago he's told its a torn patella tendon.

DAMN, that sucks for Dallas.

Harry Callahan
01-02-2011, 09:28 AM
So Dallas would shuffle the deck chairs on the Titanic again by trading injured players to bad organizations (like Charlotte)? Michael Jordan is now better at turning a buck then winning games now that he can't get out on the court.

These mid season trades have never worked for Dallas and they get bad contracts in return. I wouldn't mind the little French guy going to the eastern conference because he has a chance to be really good down the road if he isn't a China doll.

What I don't get is how an NBA organization can justify to its fans that hope is alive by bringing in a guy with a healing broken foot and another with a torn patella tendon. The NBA is messed up right now in that regard.

The NFL does not allow teams to trade players who cannot pass a physical. They are a much better business model than the NBA right now.

ChuckD
01-02-2011, 09:31 AM
why not? Cuban already admitted he'd like to rent carmelo.

As Mr. Cuban has showed us over the last 10-11 years, it doesn't really matter what he wants. NJ is about a 90% odds on favorite, since they have FIVE first rounders in the next two drafts to play with, and younger, non-injured talent like Harris and Favors to make the deal work, in addition to being much closer to NY (Carmello's preferred destination) than Dallas is.

Kindergarten Cop
01-02-2011, 09:47 AM
you can trade injured players?

Houston has been attempting to get trade offers for Yao Ming (who is out for the season) for several weeks now.

xmas1997
01-02-2011, 09:50 AM
Denver won't trade to a Western conf. power.

Trill Clinton
01-02-2011, 10:10 AM
I can't lie, this is good news. I wish him a slow and monotonous recovery, get well later Caron:toast

dbestpro
01-02-2011, 10:25 AM
Caron Butler will most likely be traded. May see Terry and or Hayward go as well. Someone like Mo Williams from the Cavs, Andre Iguodala, Joe Johnson, Stephen Jackson, or Gerald Wallace may return.

SpurAddict561
01-02-2011, 10:28 AM
Giving up Beaubois will be like Devin Harris all over again

I hope they do

so he can flourish into the solid player he can be

fuck Allas

Mel_13
01-02-2011, 10:29 AM
Denver won't trade to a Western conf. power.

They would for the right price. Dallas just doesn't have what Denver wants.

SenorSpur
01-02-2011, 10:33 AM
I just saw the highlights from the Mavs most recent game versus the Bucks. What was so weird about the Butler injury was the fact that he sustained it on takeoff, not landing. IRRC, didn't Caron Butler have some early-career knee injury?

tmtcsc
01-02-2011, 10:39 AM
Sucks for Dallas. We have a good chance to widen our division lead with him out but please don't over estimate his worth. The Spurs are the better team with or without him. No trade at this point is going to put them over us.

They still lack the killer instinct to win a championship and that won't change with Gerald Wallace or Carmelo Anthony. Neither of those guys can stop Tony Parker.

ChuckD
01-02-2011, 10:46 AM
I just saw the highlights from the Mavs most recent game versus the Bucks. What was so weird about the Butler injury was the fact that he sustained it on takeoff, not landing. IRRC, didn't Caron Butler have some early-career knee injury?

KG had the same situation. They're both on the wrong side of 30, so I'd call it wear and tear and overuse.

Bruno
01-02-2011, 10:50 AM
It sucks. You can't be happy over an injury.

Mavs and Lakers have both recently lost 3 games in a row which give Spurs a little breathing room. Spurs have now 4 less losses than Dallas and 6 less losses than Lakers.

If the injury is a season ending one, Butler has now no trade value aside of having an expiring contract. Beaubois has also very little trade value until he proves he is healthy again. All in all, Mavs have very little to offer in trade talks.

Cane
01-02-2011, 11:00 AM
Sucks for Mavs and Butler, injuries are a terrible way to go.

I wonder if Butler's prior laziness and weight loss in the summer might've caused this injury....stressing out your body because its a contract year and because Cuban thinks you're fat can have some bad results especially if your body has to play a physical marathon called the NBA season afterwards. Thats the power of a Nash lifestyle.

Pauleta14
01-02-2011, 11:23 AM
It would be a smart move by Cuban (excpet for J. Johnson's contract)...

As much as I love Beaubois, I think he is way overated by the mavs fans/FO.

He was just average during the summer league and isn't a real PG.
But there's such a hype about him, that it's a good time to trade him!

K-State Spur
01-02-2011, 11:31 AM
Only the salary cap would make teams desperate enough to provide a contender with another helpful piece. It's a weird, weird business.

(Scola thread?)

Don't need a salary cap for teams to want to dump salary. Remember A-Rod to NYY?

Trainwreck2100
01-02-2011, 11:42 AM
Lotta gnsf dumbassness in this thread tbh

TJastal
01-02-2011, 01:13 PM
It sucks. You can't be happy over an injury.

Mavs and Lakers have both recently lost 3 games in a row which give Spurs a little breathing room. Spurs have now 4 less losses than Dallas and 6 less losses than Lakers.

If the injury is a season ending one, Butler has now no trade value aside of having an expiring contract. Beaubois has also very little trade value until he proves he is healthy again. All in all, Mavs have very little to offer in trade talks.

Nothing personal against Caron Butler, but if it means the spurs are in the drivers seat come playoff time (not having to worry about the mavs) I'm happy as a clam. I'm sure there will be 10 posters flaming me for "disrespecting" Butler yet I'm sure Mark Cuban could give a shit less about Butler and would trade his ass in a heartbeat if it helped him win a championship. Friggin' hypocrites.

toki9
01-02-2011, 01:20 PM
Nothing personal against Caron Butler, but if it means the spurs are in the drivers seat come playoff time (not having to worry about the mavs) I'm happy as a clam. I'm sure there will be 10 posters flaming me for "disrespecting" Butler yet I'm sure Mark Cuban could give a shit less about Butler and would trade his ass in a heartbeat if it helped him win a championship. Friggin' hypocrites.

I don't think that's being a hypocrite, exactly. Saying one thing and doing the opposite (unless you're going for irony), would be being a hypocrite--not behaving as someone else might (Which is just acting like a lemming--but without the humor).

OTOH, taking some pride in supporting a "classy" organization but not behaving in a "classy" manner might qualify as being a hypocrite if you stretch the definition a bit.

SpurAddict561
01-02-2011, 01:23 PM
Damn at least a partially torn patella tendon

not a good look at all for him or the Mavs.

Spurs Brazil
01-02-2011, 01:25 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nba/news/story?id=5981356

Caron Butler could miss months

Email Print Comments3 ESPN.com news services

DALLAS -- Caron Butler could be out at least a couple of months because of a knee injury, a tough blow for the already ailing Dallas Mavericks.

A person with direct knowledge told ESPNDallas.com's Tim MacMahon that the initial diagnosis is a torn patellar tendon.

According to the source, if it is a partial tear, Butler would be out a few months; however, if it's a full tear, he would miss the rest of the season.

Butler went down during a loss at Milwaukee on Saturday night. He was coming off a season-high, 30-point performance the previous game while picking up the offensive slack because of an injury to leading scorer Dirk Nowitzki.

Nowitzki has a sprained knee. He is day to day, and Dallas is 0-3 without him.

Butler, a small forward, is the team's third-leading scorer at 15 points per game. He plays an average of 30 minutes. A long absence could be especially costly to him because he will be a free agent after this season.

Shawn Marion would be a strong option to replace him, but he missed the Bucks game with a thigh problem.

The Mavericks were playing in Cleveland on Sunday night.

Information from ESPNDallas.com's Tim MacMahon and The Associated Press was used in this report.

DMC
01-02-2011, 01:29 PM
This, to me, is why it's so impressive when someone like MJ or Kobe can play that many years without serious injury and be that effective for that many minutes a game. It makes you wonder what gems out there had limitations that were not related to their ability.

mingus
01-02-2011, 01:36 PM
i've never seen anyone with a knee or leg injury that would keep him out 3 months be able to walk off the floor without help. Butler walked off the floor after he went down. it struck me that he wouldn't be out for long at that point, but what do i know.

mikeschy55
01-02-2011, 02:20 PM
It would be a smart move by Cuban (excpet for J. Johnson's contract)...

As much as I love Beaubois, I think he is way overated by the mavs fans/FO.

He was just average during the summer league and isn't a real PG.
But there's such a hype about him, that it's a good time to trade him!

Exactly. GMs around the league... When asked who they expect to have a breakout season in a survey, overwhelmingly said roddy Beaubois. His trade value couldn't be higher even though he's almost a complete mystery, other than his athletic ability. A 13 million dollar expiring, roddy, a first rounder or two should be able to get us a slightly upgraded butler replacement.

Also its not impossible we use Tyson chandlers 13 million expiring if it's for the right player. We have haywood and what we consider to be two upcoming centers in mahimi and ajincia.

Chandler, roddy, and a first rounder would probably fetch us a star player

mikeschy55
01-02-2011, 02:29 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nba/news/story?id=5981356

Caron Butler could miss months

Email Print Comments3 ESPN.com news services

DALLAS -- Caron Butler could be out at least a couple of months because of a knee injury, a tough blow for the already ailing Dallas Mavericks.

A person with direct knowledge told ESPNDallas.com's Tim MacMahon that the initial diagnosis is a torn patellar tendon.

According to the source, if it is a partial tear, Butler would be out a few
months; however, if it's a full tear, he would miss the rest of the season.

Butler went down during a loss at Milwaukee on Saturday night. He was
coming off a season-high, 30-point performance the previous game while picking up the offensive slack because of an injury to leading scorer Dirk Nowitzki.

Nowitzki has a sprained knee. He is day to day, and Dallas is 0-3 without him.

Butler, a small forward, is the team's third-leading scorer at 15 points per game. He plays an average of 30 minutes. A long absence could be especially costly to him because he will be a free agent after this season.

Shawn Marion would be a strong option to replace him, but he missed the
Bucks game with a thigh problem.

The Mavericks were playing in Cleveland on Sunday night.

Information from ESPNDallas.com's Tim MacMahon and The Associated Press was used in this report.

He might be just in time for the playoffs if he's not packaged in a trade.

Death In June
01-02-2011, 02:43 PM
It's a good thing the mavs are staaaacked, right?

lil'mo
01-02-2011, 02:55 PM
Exactly. GMs around the league... When asked who they expect to have a breakout season in a survey, overwhelmingly said roddy Beaubois. His trade value couldn't be higher even though he's almost a complete mystery, other than his athletic ability. A 13 million dollar expiring, roddy, a first rounder or two should be able to get us a slightly upgraded butler replacement.

Also its not impossible we use Tyson chandlers 13 million expiring if it's for the right player. We have haywood and what we consider to be two upcoming centers in mahimi and ajincia.

:lmao :lmao keep dreamin delusional mav fans. Mavs contender hopes are gone now

ajballer4
01-02-2011, 03:41 PM
Official word is two months if its a partial

DMC
01-02-2011, 03:45 PM
So you and Mark Cuban have about the same ethics.

Shut your clam.

DMC
01-02-2011, 03:46 PM

The Spurs will trade Bonner for Chandler. You can keep Roddy.

mikeschy55
01-02-2011, 03:50 PM
:lmao :lmao keep dreamin delusional mav fans. Mavs contender hopes are gone now

Why would I just make that up? Roddy Beaubois isn't just hyped locally, heres your proof.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/10/20/1883004_p4/grading-the-nba-gm-survey.html

International player most likely to have breakout season, over 20% of gms voted roddy Beaubois.... Hilarious isn't it?

mikeschy55
01-02-2011, 03:55 PM
The Spurs will trade Bonner for Chandler. You can keep Roddy.

Most teams will be giving up a hell of a lot more for a healthy Tyson Chandler, I promise. You either know very little about the value of premeir defensive centers or your such a spurs homer you can't bare to admit that Tyson Chandler has good trade value.

Roddy B and Tyson Chandler can more than likely fetch us a hell of a player as the centerpiece to a trade

Mel_13
01-02-2011, 03:58 PM
Exactly. GMs around the league... When asked who they expect to have a breakout season in a survey, overwhelmingly said roddy Beaubois.

Why would I just make that up? Roddy Beaubois isn't just hyped locally, heres your proof.

International player most likely to have breakout season, over 20% of gms voted roddy Beaubois

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

So, in your world 21.4% is overwhelming?

mikeschy55
01-02-2011, 04:02 PM
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

So, in your world 21.4% is overwhelming?

Um yes... Almost a quarter of the league chose one player out of dozens and dozens of international players to choose from. Most people would call that an overwhelming selection, particularly when you compare it to how many votes the other international players received, go check it out.

DMC
01-02-2011, 04:03 PM

International player most likely to have breakout season, over 20% of gms voted roddy Beaubois.... Hilarious isn't it?

Undercover Heat fan eh?

mikeschy55
01-02-2011, 04:05 PM
Undercover Heat fan eh?

You caught me... No that's just the first thing that comes up when you google search the survey

Mel_13
01-02-2011, 04:07 PM
Um yes... Almost a quarter of the league chose one player out of dozens and dozens of international players to choose from. Most people would call that an overwhelming selection, particularly when you compare it to how many votes the other international players received, go check it out.

6/28

Overwhelming.

:rolleyes

mikeschy55
01-02-2011, 04:10 PM
I don't understand why it's so hard for you guys to believe that other gms around the league covet a young player of ours, didn't you watch him destroy your interior d last year?

mikeschy55
01-02-2011, 04:12 PM
6/28

Overwhelming.

:rolleyes

How many votes did the 2nd and 3rd place position get again? When a fifth of the league chooses one player over 30 or so other players, "overwhelming" isn't that far fetched

ohmwrecker
01-02-2011, 04:13 PM
I don't understand why it's so hard for you guys to believe that other gms around the league covet a young player of ours, didn't you watch him destroy your interior d last year?

Which part of the 5 minutes of total playing time did that happen?

buttsR4rebounding
01-02-2011, 04:19 PM
Most teams will be giving up a hell of a lot more for a healthy Tyson Chandler, I promise. You either know very little about the value of premeir defensive centers or your such a spurs homer you can't bare to admit that Tyson Chandler has good trade value.

Roddy B and Tyson Chandler can more than likely fetch us a hell of a player as the centerpiece to a trade

I agree. When healthy Chandler is a superb defensive center. I think he is the main difference in the Mavs start this year. If they have to trade him to shore up their scoring then I believe they are making a mistake. They may have some "up and coming" centers to replace him, but the Mavs will be a lesser defensive team without him. Now if they are able to package Butler's expiring contract, RB and draft picks for a quality player then I think they will be fine and still an extremely tough out in the playoffs.

mikeschy55
Which part of the 5 minutes of total playing time did that happen?

Type in Beaubois vs spurs in YouTube and you'll see. He played the entire 2nd and 3rd quarter of the last game in the series. Didnyouneven watch the playoffs?

ohmwrecker
Chandler + Beaubois + 2 first rounders + filler(s) to Denver for Anthony.

Why would Dallas get rid of the sole reason they have any kind of post defense this season?

EricB
01-02-2011, 04:27 PM
Yeah I saw roddy play one good half of basketball then in game 6 get his ass handed to him badly that he got rebenched...

mikeschy55
01-02-2011, 04:28 PM

Yea I wish....maybe for Monte Ellis or someone like that, Melos not coming to Dallas, no way Denver let's that happen... Besides new York would prob be able to offer a better package if they decide to trade.

mikeschy55
01-02-2011, 04:29 PM
Yeah I saw roddy play one good half of basketball then in game 6 get his ass handed to him badly that he got rebenched...

What are you talking about? He didn't play until game 6, in which he dominated the entire time he was on the court, an honest spurs fan will tell you so... Which seems to be getting scarce these days

ohmwrecker
01-02-2011, 04:30 PM
Type in Beaubois vs spurs in YouTube and you'll see. He played the entire 2nd and 3rd quarter of the last game in the series. Didnyouneven watch the playoffs?

You mean when Carlisle finally played him over JJ "El Raton" Barrea out of total desperation and they still lost the game? That time?

mikeschy55
01-02-2011, 04:32 PM
Monta Ellis on the Mavs? lolnowouldn'twork

Yea I know I agree... But someone of his ilk may be possible... I just don't who right now

EricB
01-02-2011, 04:34 PM
What are you talking about? He didn't play until game 6, in which he dominated the entire time he was on the court, an honest spurs fan will tell you so... Which seems to be getting scarce these days

Actually I think he played him in game 3 he played well never played again till game 6 stunk that game rebenched.

ohmwrecker
01-02-2011, 04:39 PM
He didn't stink. He scored in double figures iirc . . . Carlisle just inexplicably didn't go back to him. Trust issues tbh.

mikeschy55
01-02-2011, 04:41 PM
You mean when Carlisle finally played him over JJ "El Raton" Barrea out of total desperation and they still lost the game? That time?

The game in which rick finally decided to wisen up and try not to repeat the same mistake he made with T. Prince by allowing Roddy to dominate you guys? Yeah i think thats the one...

This should clear things up for you...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQ5TUKA8Guw

if you don't have time to watch a 2 minute video, then stop talking

ohmwrecker
01-02-2011, 04:43 PM
The game in which rick finally decided to wisen up and try not to repeat the same mistake he made with T. Prince by allowing Roddy to dominate you guys? Yeah i think thats the one...

I don't need your link. I remember the game perfectly. He played well. My comment at his playing time was an obvious jab at Carlisle. Sorry it went over your head.

lol dominate

Who won the game/series again?

mikeschy55
01-02-2011, 04:44 PM
He didn't stink. He scored in double figures iirc . . . Carlisle just inexplicably didn't go back to him. Trust issues tbh.

he has a knack for trusting terry in the 4th quarter... his veteran security blanket.... which has killed us recently. He sat out 2 entire quarters and scored 16 points with great efficiency. Also, i believe 13 of those 16 points all came on penetration.... getting around both george hill or parker, then tim duncan. You've got to give the guy props, his name recognition sky rocketed after that game around the league. Definitely a contributing factor to why gms recognize him around the league now.

mikeschy55
01-02-2011, 04:48 PM
I don't need your link. I remember the game perfectly. He played well. My comment at his playing time was an obvious jab at Carlisle. Sorry it went over your head.

lol dominate

Who won the game/series again?

most people think that rick sat him for an actual reason, and i've had to explain to multiple fans that didn't see the game that rick was an idiot. Seeing some of your previous posts, i thought you may not have watched the game either, my bad. You don't need to impulsively respond with the the rudest retort you can think of at the time. This is a discussion over the reputation of one basketball player.... calm down buddy.

Yes, Roddy DOMINATED the game when he went in. You should remember that well.

TheChillFactor
01-02-2011, 04:51 PM
wow after hearing this my ass really bleeds for cuban and their douchebag fans...lol Roddy B....DOMINATION!

Blackjack
01-02-2011, 04:52 PM
most people think that rick sat him for an actual reason, and i've had to explain to multiple fans that didn't see the game that rick was an idiot. Seeing some of your previous posts, i thought you may not have watched the game either, my bad. You don't need to impulsively respond with the the rudest retort you can think of at the time. This is a discussion over the reputation of one basketball player.... calm down buddy.

He ain't no Dragic.

ohmwrecker
01-02-2011, 04:53 PM
Seeing some of your previous posts, i thought you may not have watched the game, my bad.

What posts would those be? The ones where I overrate a decent one playoff game 20 minute performance of a rookie who barely played otherwise?

Mel_13
01-02-2011, 04:57 PM

He played in games 3 and 5. So that's wrong.

7 for 13 in 21 minutes is a very good game, but hardly dominating. Then again, you think 6/28 is overwhelming.

All this aside, you're missing the most important set of facts pertinent to Roddy's current value, which you laughably assert couldn't be higher:

1. He injured his foot in August and had surgery shortly thereafter.

2. The projected recovery/rehab was 8 weeks.

3. We are closing in on five months post-injury and he has yet to return.

4. Until he gets back on the court and shows that retains the physical attributes he demonstrated last year, his value is under great doubt.

mikeschy55
01-02-2011, 05:00 PM
with the amount of responses im getting with the Roddy topic, it's obvious you guys worry about him as a player or a peice in a potential trade..... fairly obvious. Anyway, this argument will be obsolete in about 2 weeks or so... or whenever the hell Roddy's coming back

Mel_13
01-02-2011, 05:03 PM
with the amount of responses im getting with the Roddy topic, it's obvious you guys worry about him as a player or a peice in a potential trade..... fairly obvious. Anyway, this argument will be obsolete in about 2 weeks or so... or whenever the hell Roddy's coming back

:lmao:lmao:lmao

Following a series of laughable posts, this is the funniest of all.

mikeschy55
01-02-2011, 05:04 PM
What posts would those be? The ones where I overrate a decent one playoff game 20 minute performance of a rookie who barely played otherwise?

No, but im not going to go over all your past posts this week just to continue this debate. All im saying is whenever i have a sports debate with YOU, it gets rude (which has just been this week) Just chill and remember the debate is for FUN.

mikeschy55
01-02-2011, 05:06 PM
:lmao:lmao:lmao

Following a series of laughable posts, this is the funniest of all.

because im accusing you of worrying about Roddy after my former posts that detail his playoff success gets a flood of negative responses?... it's actually a pretty reasonable assumption to make

Bruno
01-02-2011, 05:08 PM
Since nobody is stating the obvious about Beaubois, I'm will do it:

Beaubois main assets are his speed and his athleticism. He broke his foot, an injury that has the upside to slow him and to turn him into an average young player. He still isn't back 5 months after this injury while he should have been back after 2/3 months. Right now, there is a gigantic red flag above Beaubois.

To make it worse, Cuban said at last trade deadline "I'm not going to trade him. There are maybe one or two guys in the league I'll trade him for. Other than that, he's pretty much untouchable. It'd have to be an incredible player. There are maybe one or two guys that we'd include him in [a trade for]. That's how highly we think of him." (http://mavsblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2010/02/mark-cuban-says-rookie-guard-beaubois-ba.html) . If I'm a GM and I can get Beaubois for a player who hasn't a MVP level, I will immediately ask myself "where is the trap?" and comes to the conclusion that he is likely damaged goods.

To sum up, Beaubois hasn't a really high trade value right now. He will need to come back and have some good/great games to have back a huge trade value.

Mel_13
01-02-2011, 05:12 PM
because im accusing you of worrying about Roddy after my former posts that detail his playoff success gets a flood of negative responses?... it's actually a pretty reasonable assumption to make

:lmao

About as reasonable as asserting that 6/28 is overwhelming.

Agloco
01-02-2011, 05:14 PM
Mavs need a SF or SG, but Joe Johnson's not good enough...

He's an upgrade over Terry or Butler. Given their record, I'd say that's all the push they need.

Agloco
01-02-2011, 05:16 PM

lol 20 minute sample

mikeschy55
01-02-2011, 05:19 PM
Since nobody is stating the obvious about Beaubois, I'm will do it:

Beaubois main assets are his speed and his athleticism. He broke his foot, an injury that has the upside to slow him and to turn him into an average young player. He still isn't back 5 months after this injury while he should have been back after 2/3 months. Right now, there is a gigantic red flag above Beaubois.

To make it worse, Cuban said at last trade deadline "I'm not going to trade him. There are maybe one or two guys in the league I'll trade him for. Other than that, he's pretty much untouchable. It'd have to be an incredible player. There are maybe one or two guys that we'd include him in [a trade for]. That's how highly we think of him." (http://mavsblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2010/02/mark-cuban-says-rookie-guard-beaubois-ba.html) . If I'm a GM and I can get Beaubois for a player who hasn't a MVP level, I will immediately ask myself "where is the trap?" and comes to the conclusion that he is likely damaged goods.

To sum up, Beaubois hasn't a really high trade value right now. He will need to come back and have some good/great games to have back a huge trade value.

That's very reasonable.

Regardless, the quote did come before the injury.... and its WAY over doing it to say a broken foot renders a supremely athletic player as "average." MOST players come back from broken feet and much worse injuries than that. Most recently, Blake Griffin. When you get older, yeah.... injuries may effect your overall athletic ability even when your healthy again.

Roddy's injury on the other hand is a broken 5th metatarsel (sp?). I've had the same injury, it's common in basketball when you come down on some else's foot. It's a non weight baring bone that usually takes 2/3 months to get back from. However, Roddy tried to come back too early and re-injured it in November.

Roddy's injury is actually quite common in basketball, it's just that he tried to get back too early. Now if he had a blake griffin injury or a greg oden injury.... it'd be different. Though one of them appears to be just fine....

Again.... We were offered top ten lottery picks for Roddy (by at least two teams)..... and I THINK that came after the injury. Regardless, I just think that with all the hype Roddy got last year it would have to be a season ending injury to change his value so dramatically.... and his injury is pretty common in basketball.

mikeschy55
01-02-2011, 05:25 PM

About as reasonable as asserting that 6/28 is overwhelming.

6/28 when you have over 30 something players to choose from and the 2nd place player receives only half the amount of votes. So yes, at least doubling the amount of votes that any other player received is "overwhelming."

Get it?

mikeschy55
01-02-2011, 05:32 PM
lol 20 minute sample

erasing a 20+ point defecit in 20 minutes? Dominating

ohmwrecker
01-02-2011, 05:32 PM
No, but im not going to go over all your past posts this week just to continue this debate. All im saying is whenever i have a sports debate with YOU, it gets rude (which has just been this week) Just chill and remember the debate is for FUN.

I was never rude. You are a little too sensitive.

Mel_13
01-02-2011, 05:37 PM
6/28 when you have over 30 something players to choose from and the 2nd place player receives only half the amount of votes. So yes, at least doubling the amount of votes that any other player received is "overwhelming."

Get it?

6/28

21.4%

You're trying way too hard to cover up the simple fact that you owned yourself on this topic. That you are continuing to do so is amusing for us and sad for you.

In that same survey, Dirk was voted as the best international player by 57.1% (16/28) of those polled. Now that is overwhelming. If you call 21.4% overwhelming, you're going to need a new word to describe Dirk's vote.

DMC
01-02-2011, 05:44 PM

Because you don't. You are here trying to peddle him off for something serviceable.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-02-2011, 05:52 PM
i've never seen anyone with a knee or leg injury that would keep him out 3 months be able to walk off the floor without help. Butler walked off the floor after he went down. it struck me that he wouldn't be out for long at that point, but what do i know.

I walked off the court after blowing my ACL in college. Your logic doesn't hold. It's all about pain tolerance.

In other news, may be time to write off my fantasy squad this year. Brandon Roy with knee problems, now this...

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-02-2011, 05:57 PM
Regardless, the quote did come before the injury.... and its WAY over doing it to say a broken foot renders a supremely athletic player as "average." MOST players come back from broken feet and much worse injuries than that. Most recently, Blake Griffin. When you get older, yeah.... injuries may effect your overall athletic ability even when your healthy again.

And the fact remains, he's almost five months out from injury and still not back.

Hello, red flag. Silly Mavs fan.

cornbread
01-02-2011, 06:54 PM
Exactly. GMs around the league... When asked who they expect to have a breakout season in a survey, overwhelmingly said roddy Beaubois.

That's not what they were asked. They were asked which international player is going to have a breakout season. That makes it a much smaller sample size and definitely not an "overwhelming" response.

Kindergarten Cop
01-02-2011, 07:12 PM

Roddy got 6 votes, while Batum, Casspi, and Splitter got 3 each. Four other players each received 2 votes. You'd be hard pressed to find many others that would consider that to be "overwhelming".

mikeschy55
01-02-2011, 07:22 PM

6/28

21.4%

You're trying way too hard to cover up the simple fact that you owned yourself on this topic. That you are continuing to do so is amusing for us and sad for you.

In that same survey, Dirk was voted as the best international player by 57.1% (16/28) of those polled. Now that is overwhelming. If you call 21.4% overwhelming, you're going to need a new word to describe Dirk's vote.

When asked who was the best power forward in the game, it was a tie between dirk and pau.... so that was contradicted... at least to an extent.

Furthermore, me continuing to say that Roddy doubled the votes of anyone else who received votes is not desperately trying to cover up a mistake I made, it's trying to clarify and elaborate to explain to you WHY it is "overwhelming."

You can continue to pretend that Roddy at least doubling the vote count of anyone else who received votes is just a marginal victory for beaubois, but your lying to yourself.

mikeschy55
01-02-2011, 07:24 PM
Roddy got 6 votes, while Batum, Casspi, and Splitter got 3 each. Four other players each received 2 votes. You'd be hard pressed to find many others that would consider that to be "overwhelming".

O.K? I'll return from real gm in a minute to show you that i'm not hard pressed at all I suppose......

Like I said.... he doubled the vote count of anyone else who received a vote..... what's not overwhelming about that? It's certainly more than decisive. Sorry if "overwhelming" is too much for you guys to handle. What word would you prefer me to use?

Mel_13
01-02-2011, 07:27 PM
When asked who was the best power forward in the game, it was a tie between dirk and pau.... so that was contradicted... at least to an extent.

Furthermore, me continuing to say that Roddy doubled the votes of anyone else who received votes is not desperately trying to cover up a mistake I made, it's trying to clarify and elaborate to explain to you WHY it is "overwhelming."

You can continue to pretend that Roddy at least doubling the vote count of anyone else who received votes is just a marginal victory for beaubois, but your lying to yourself.

21.4% is not overwhelming.

You are amusing.

Thanks for playing.

DMC
01-02-2011, 07:28 PM

It's word play. Getting 2 votes when 8 other players got 1 means you got twice as many, but you didn't get an overwhelming majority of the votes. The majority of the votes went elsewhere. In a two party system, sure, but when you have 10 choices and everyone gets a few votes, it's a toss up.

So yeah, you're reaching.

TD 21
01-02-2011, 07:36 PM
Wasn't really thinking about the Johnson for Butler and Beaubois trade financially yesterday. It doesn't work. Though if the two teams could agree to the principles, then financially the Mavs could make it work, with the expiring contract of Stevenson, plus other minor salaries if need be.

But the more I think about it, Jackson is probably more likely than Johnson. Supposedly the Bobcats want to move him, his contract is half the length and much more digestible financially for the Mavs and he's a similar type of player to Johnson. Also, he almost certainly wouldn't require the Mavs to relinquish Beaubois. They could probably get away with Butler's expiring contract and Jones.

Same thing I said about Johnson applies to Jackson. He'd give them a puncher's chance (though a slightly worse one than Johnson), but not enough to make them a serious threat to win the championship.

Ice009
01-02-2011, 08:00 PM

You're definitely a troll.

There is no way Denver would accept that paltry offer. LOL.

DMC
01-02-2011, 08:49 PM
He's not a troll, just a 15 year old who likes to type.

DMC
01-02-2011, 08:53 PM
Expiring contract

22 posts a day

Ice009
01-02-2011, 09:02 PM
He's not a troll, just a 15 year old who likes to type.

Well he keeps repeating that offer so he is either a troll or wants Dallas to get Melo for chump change, which is what his repeated offer is.

Trolls don't have an age, they just are.

Sean Cagney
01-02-2011, 09:31 PM
He's an upgrade over Terry or Butler. Given their record, I'd say that's all the push they need.

PLEASE DO NOT LET that happen there, let them just stand pat and lose.

UnWantedTheory
01-02-2011, 10:22 PM
It's word play. Getting 2 votes when 8 other players got 1 means you got twice as many, but you didn't get an overwhelming majority of the votes. The majority of the votes went elsewhere. In a two party system, sure, but when you have 10 choices and everyone gets a few votes, it's a toss up.

So yeah, you're reaching.
I pick this one.

TiMMeH*faN*frOmNY
01-02-2011, 10:26 PM

No lie roddy did play well in the time he was given on the court. As a spurs fan, I was glad rick didn't give him more playing time, god knows how the series would have played out if rick had faith in the rookie at the time. Coach pop did the same thing with george hill when dallas carved us up 4-1 in the playoffs the year before and he came in 2nd as MIP the following season. Roddy will be a great player if he stays healthy. He is athletic, has long arms and can shoot the long ball. His speed and craftiness in that game was a preview of what awaited us against phoenix, but none of that matters anymore. The drive for five is alive this season and although I live in harlem, I'll figure out a way to get to that parade in a few months.

K-State Spur
01-02-2011, 10:54 PM

It wasn't a lack of trust. It was that Carlisle absolutely COULD trust that Beubois couldn't guard anybody in crunch time.

K-State Spur
01-02-2011, 10:59 PM
Expiring contract

Melo himself is an expiring contract, so that being part of the equation doesn't offer much to Denver. If they are going to part with the biggest face of their franchise over the past 20 years, it'll be the players/picks they get back - not cap relief - that make a difference.

Right now, it looks like their strategy is to hold him until they either get an overwhelming offer or his fear of the new CBA leads to him foregoing his NY talk and re-upping. He can talk all he wants about leaving, but when push comes to shove, is he really willing to leave that much $ on the table?

DMC
01-02-2011, 11:18 PM
Melo himself is an expiring contract, so that being part of the equation doesn't offer much to Denver. If they are going to part with the biggest face of their franchise over the past 20 years, it'll be the players/picks they get back - not cap relief - that make a difference.

Right now, it looks like their strategy is to hold him until they either get an overwhelming offer or his fear of the new CBA leads to him foregoing his NY talk and re-upping. He can talk all he wants about leaving, but when push comes to shove, is he really willing to leave that much $ on the table?
It depends on how much money he stands to make (other than salary) by putting himself in a much bigger market.

bigbendbruisebrother
01-02-2011, 11:46 PM

Carmelo Anthony is going to screw up the chemistry of his future team, and it might as well be the Mavericks.

Let Cuban go ahead and build him a Denver Nuggets. It'll never make it out of beta anyway. Cuban won't be able to resist that one more trade mentality. Sean Elliott had a great point last night that you can't shortcut chemistry and experience.

ShoogarBear
01-03-2011, 12:30 AM
If the Mavs want to stockpile players that dominated San Antonio for 10 minutes, the should see if Goran Dragic is available. A backcourt of Dragic + Beaubois would annihilate the Spurs; no Dirk needed.

41times
01-03-2011, 11:33 AM
If it is a partial tear then 2 months
If it is a complete tear then he's done for the season.

Melo - Denver
Martin - Houston

those are the 2 guys they are targeting.

If Bobo could play now then they would not do anything.

Dirk's out
Butlers out
Matrix missed a game
Jet's shot sucks @ss

This team is in a downard spiral. Too bad too because it looked like our best team ever 10 days ago.

ohmwrecker
01-03-2011, 11:39 AM
It wasn't a lack of trust. It was that Carlisle absolutely COULD trust that Beubois couldn't guard anybody in crunch time.

Pretty much said it already, bubba. Except I spelled Beaubois correctly.

elec99
01-03-2011, 12:29 PM
wow, this sucks for the mavs. I know he may only be the 3rd leading scorer on that team but he has shown he can put up 30 against the spurs. Any major reshuffling of their roster will NOT be good for the mavs, no matter who they get. Remember butler wasnt that good the first year he arrived, he needed time to gel. Mavs finally got someone who could do something other than shoot jumpers and now he's hurt.

If chandler is a trade piece then kiss that D goodbye, thats why I dont think they'll trade tyson.

Another thing to be mindful of: They would now have to focus on trading to a team that not only wants expiring contracts (not hard to find) but a team that is at peace with kissing the season goodbye, and a weak playoff appearance. If butler is out a few months, he is only going to be a fraction of what he is upon returning. Is charlotte going to be ok with this?

Joe Johnson?? I hope they get him, he's mainly a spot up shooter, cant create.

Stephen Jackson: As great as he is, he'd need time to gel, and at the same time would be cancerous like he is to other teams. He'd probably try to take over the offense.

Not loving an injury to another player, but loving the possible shakeup to the mavs. Reminds me of when they parted ways with a healthy devin harris/spur killer. Such a panic move.

bus driver
01-03-2011, 01:32 PM
I would be pissed if they got Stephen Jackson.

He would dominate on that team.

+1

then Action Jackson would be the only person on that team with balls. :wakeup

ohmwrecker
01-03-2011, 01:38 PM
Stephen Jackson traded to Dallas, immediately injures balls.

Spurs Brazil
01-03-2011, 01:43 PM
Sources: Mavs won't rush to replace Butler
January, 3, 2011
By Marc Stein
The Mavericks don’t plan to rush to the trade market in the wake of Caron Butler’s knee injury, according to sources with knowledge of the team’s thinking.

They might have no choice eventually, but sources say team officials -- convinced since the summer that they’ve assembled one of the league’s deeper teams -- want to give the current roster an opportunity to respond to the loss of Butler before looking at more drastic moves.

The Mavs, for starters, have to confirm the extent of Butler’s injury. They’re certainly bracing for word that Butler has indeed suffered a torn patella tendon in his right knee, given that Mavs coach Rick Carlisle didn’t hesitate to describe the injury as “potentially serious” after it happened Saturday night in Milwaukee. But a firm diagnosis wasn’t expected before Monday.

If the injury proves to be a season-ender, as feared, Dallas will be able to apply to the league for a disabled player exception worth half of Butler’s $10.6 million salary. Such an exception -- if granted after an examination by an independent doctor appointed by the league -- would thus be worth $5.28 million and valid for 45 days to sign or trade for one player whose salary doesn’t exceed that figure.

But first Dallas A) eagerly awaits Dirk Nowitzki’s expected return from a sprained knee this week to get the offense closer to normal looking and B) hopes Shawn Marion can keep stepping in for Butler like he did Sunday night in Cleveland when the former All-Star led the Mavs with 22 points.

The problem there, though, is that asking Marion to play small forward cuts into his minutes at power forward, which has proven to be his more productive position.

Another problem: Dallas could well be forced to go to its three-guard alignment featuring Jason Kidd, Jason Terry and J.J. Barea – with Kidd as the small forward defensively – more than it wants to for scoring without Butler.

The best-case counter to a long-term loss of Butler would obviously be an impactful return to the lineup for second-year guard Roddy Beaubois, who can’t play small forward but has the dynamic offensive ability to make up for the scoring lost from Butler, who was quietly averaging 15 points per game in 29.9 minutes while shooting a quite passable 43.1 percent from 3-point range.

Beaubois, though, is still believed to be at least three weeks away from playing thanks to a broken bone in his left foot that has sidelined the French speedster since August. Carlisle has consistently refused to proffer so much as a guesstimate for when we might see Beaubois again, noting that the 22-year-old hasn’t even been able to practice yet.

Asked before Christmas how he eventually planned to find minutes for Beaubois, given the unexpected emergence of DeShawn Stevenson, Carlisle said: "We’re a long way from that conversation."

Yet even if Dallas does manage to survive Butler’s absence through the likes of Marion, Terry, Stevenson and eventually Beaubois -- or a potential newcomer acquired through a disabled player exception -- Butler’s attractiveness as a trade chip will be reduced to strictly financial terms if he can’t play again this season. With an expiring contract, Butler could provide salary relief to cost-conscious teams in any deal before the Feb. 24 deadline but nothing more unless his injury proves far less serious than feared.

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/mavericks/post/_/id/4672989/sources-mavs-wont-rush-to-replace-butler

ajballer4
01-04-2011, 01:51 PM
Butler underwent surgery today. It says hes out indefinitely. I cant believe news on full tear or partial hasnt broken yet

Mel_13
01-04-2011, 01:53 PM
Source: Caron Butler has surgery

DALLAS -- Caron Butler underwent surgery on his right knee Tuesday morning, according to a source, but the Dallas Mavericks will not comment on the severity of the injury until later in the day.

Butler injured the knee early in Saturday's game at Milwaukee. On Sunday a source said that the initial diagnosis was that Butler had at least a partial tear of the patellar tendon, an injury that could keep the Mavs' starting small forward out for a couple of months.

The franchise was holding its breath that it was not a full tear of the tendon which could end Butler's season.

After Tuesday morning's shootaround in preparation for that night's home game against the Portland Trail Blazers -- in which Dallas will also be without Dirk Nowitzki (sprained right knee) for a fifth consecutive game -- Mavs coach Rick Carlisle would not address Butler's situation, only to say that the team would make an official comment Tuesday afternoon.

Earlier Tuesday morning, Butler used his Twitter feed to post a picture of himself in a hospital bed and wearing a hospital gown and cap with a caption that read: "Going in." Even so, the Mavs were remaining mum on Butler's status.

"Championship!" Butler said via Twitter from the hospital prior to the surgery. "Remember that fans that's what its about and we have what it take in that lockeroom to get it done, ill be 100 percent" ... "In no time, and I will be the biggest supporter on the sideline until healthy thanks for the support again I'm going in ..."

Butler was the Mavs' third-leading scorer, averaging 15.0 points a game, and close to overtaking Jason Terry for second behind Nowitzki. Over the past seven games, Butler was on a tear, averaging nearly 20 points a game, and he had significantly raised his shooting percentage from the field as well as from beyond the 3-point arc.

Shawn Marion started in Butler's place in Sunday's win at Cleveland and scored a team-high 22 points to help snap a three-game losing skid. The veteran is the likely replacement moving forward.

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nba/news/story?id=5988038&campaign=rss&source=NBAHeadlines

VI_Massive
01-04-2011, 02:07 PM
Does anyone know if people have surgery for only partial tears?

Trainwreck2100
01-04-2011, 02:13 PM
mavs are being hush hush about severity cause they don't want to be bent over in a trade scenario

#41 Shoot Em Up
01-04-2011, 02:14 PM
Does anyone know if people have surgery for only partial tears?

Rick Carlisle said the Mavs will release details of his injury sometime this afternoon.

EricB
01-04-2011, 03:10 PM
Ruptured patella tendon. Done for the rest of the year.

Dex
01-04-2011, 03:17 PM
Caron Butler to miss rest of season. Had surgery today to repair ruptured right patellar tendon. #dallasmavs

http://twitter.com/ArtGarcia_NBA

#41 Shoot Em Up
01-04-2011, 03:21 PM
Gotta think a trade happens now.
Get well soon Tuff Juice, I enjoyed watching you work

EricB
01-04-2011, 03:22 PM
What prospects other than a one legged Frenchman do they have to trade?

#41 Shoot Em Up
01-04-2011, 03:25 PM
What prospects other than a one legged Frenchman do they have to trade?

I would think Cuban won't trade Roddy, but who knows really.
Expiring contracts pretty much, Stevenson, Butler, Chandler.

We all know Chandler isn't going anywhere, but you get what i'm sayin

tdunk21
01-04-2011, 03:27 PM
seems like haywood and roddy(best trade chip) will get traded

ajballer4
01-04-2011, 03:28 PM
I would think Cuban won't trade Roddy, but who knows really.
Expiring contracts pretty much, Stevenson, Butler, Chandler.

We all know Chandler isn't going anywhere, but you get what i'm sayin

Tough break. Carons a good player. I think Stevenson would be a good trade piece, but I don't see a major move coming. Maybe something small

#41 Shoot Em Up
01-04-2011, 03:36 PM
seems like haywood and roddy(best trade chip) will get traded

I don't see Haywood going, the Mavs want and need those 7 footers come playoff time.

ajballer4
01-04-2011, 03:43 PM
I don't see Haywood going, the Mavs want and need those 7 footers come playoff time.

You have 4 of them. I think Cuban would deal Haywood if he finds a good deal, even if he is a 7 footer

Bruno
01-04-2011, 04:00 PM
Haywood has a negative trade value with his big contract.

A player I can see Mavs trading for and who is available is Rip Hamilton. They could even get him without trading away Butler and Chandler.

A trade like: Stevenson + Barea + Jones + Ajinça + Mahinmi + Novak for Hamilton + Maxiell + Bynum + Summers + McGrady will work salary wise. I think it's a good trade fro both sides.

coyotes_geek
01-04-2011, 04:11 PM
You have 4 of them. I think Cuban would deal Haywood if he finds a good deal, even if he is a 7 footer

Only two of them stand a chance at fetching anything of value. Probably only one given Haywood's fat contract.

elec99
01-04-2011, 04:12 PM
Looks like he's out for the season according to this.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AhM4g7L2jvwMvBd1C98B6L.8vLYF?slug=ap-mavericks-butler

DALLAS (AP)—Mavericks forward Caron Butler(notes) has undergone surgery to repair a torn tendon in his right knee and will likely miss the rest of the season.

His absence will be quite a blow for Dallas, which was second in the Western Conference at 25-8 going into a game against Portland on Tuesday night.

Butler was Dallas’ third-leading scorer, averaging 14 points and 4.1 rebounds in almost 30 minutes per game. He was an inside-out force the Mavs relied on to draw defenses from leading scorer Dirk Nowitzki(notes).

It could be a costly injury for Butler because he will become a free agent this summer.

elec99
01-04-2011, 04:13 PM
Can anyone recall a trade involving an injured out-for-the-season player?

mikeschy55
01-04-2011, 04:17 PM

A player I can see Mavs trading for and who is available is Rip Hamilton. They could even get him without trading away Butler and Chandler.

A trade like: Stevenson + Barea + Jones + Ajinça + Mahinmi + Novak for Hamilton + Maxiell + Bynum + Summers + McGrady will work salary wise. I think it's a good trade fro both sides.

I think the most likely scenario in a trade would be for Dallas to package butler/Stevenson/Roddy, a pick or two, cash for player x... Like captain jack, possibly Gerald Wallace if mj bites. Also... Ignite for the right player like melo, I could see us offering Chandler, Roddy, stevenson, ajincia, picks and cash

Or Dallas just waits 2-3 weeks for roddy's return.

coyotes_geek
01-04-2011, 04:18 PM
Can anyone recall a trade involving an injured out-for-the-season player?

It's going back a ways, but Terrell Brandon is the only guy I can think of.

Sense
01-04-2011, 04:28 PM

I really don't see how that's a good trade for Detroit..

Bruno
01-04-2011, 04:41 PM
I really don't see how that's a good trade for Detroit..

They save a lot of money by dumping bad or average contracts. It's a nice first step to rebuild the team.

VI_Massive
01-04-2011, 04:47 PM
Marc Stein reporting no injured player exception for Mavs.....

http://twitter.com/#!/STEIN_LINE_HQ

TwelveGs210
01-04-2011, 09:54 PM
*Disclaimer* I do not endorse trolling

That said..

LMAO butler

#41 Shoot Em Up
01-05-2011, 12:32 AM
*Disclaimer* I do not endorse trolling

That said..

LMAO butler

:toast