PDA

View Full Version : Greatest signature moves in the NBA

duncan228
01-02-2011, 01:30 AM
Greatest signature moves in the NBA (http://nba-point-forward.si.com/2011/01/01/greatest-signature-moves-in-the-nba/)
Jared Wade
The Point Forward
SI.com

...Here are some that may go down in history alongside MJ’s unforgettable tongue:

Tony Parker’s Teardrop

Q1AsDuCQHrM

Check out Parker’s sweet little floaters at the 0:35, 0:56 and 1:12 marks above. Now, Mark Jackson owns this move, but he has loaned it to Frenchman — probably as payback for that whole Statue of Liberty thing.

The Bank of Duncan

9VEvx1_6Vw8

The lost art of the bank shot — it’s something we hear about constantly from the old people inside our TV sets. I’m not sure why it’s a theoretically easier shot to make from a scientific perspective (disclaimer: I scored a 50 out of possible 100 in my final semester of high school physics) and the shooting percentages from the days when people often did go glass don’t suggest it was a huge buoy to accuracy. But the fact is that, yes, nobody uses the window anymore. Scottie Pippen used to do it all the time. Dwyane Wade still does on occasion from mid-range (and by accident from three). But in the modern game, the bank shot is the patent-pending property of Tim Duncan.

The Flash/Manu Two-Step

VSpF6OFvXl8

I’m leaning toward Dwyane Wade here, but I honestly can’t decide whose two-step is more iconic: Wade’s or Manu’s. They both are on another level than the rest of the league. Of that much I’m certain. Wade’s is more powerful and explosive (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pfp360WoXqQ) while Manu’s is more agile and artistic, but I’m not sure I can say either guy does it more effectively, mainly because it’s a nearly unstoppable weapon in the arsenal of each. It just comes down to preference. Do you favor a Ferrari that switches gears and lanes to slingshot past the competition for a ferocious dunk, or are you partial to peregrine falcon from Argentina that Baryshnikovs its way through traffic to complete a wispy lay-in that few other people in the world could make? Depends on the day for me, but I’ll take either. It also seems fitting that one is right-handed and the other is a lefty. That helps make them both unique stylistically.

The others, hit the link.

The Rondo Fake
Dirk Nowitzki’s Top-of-the-Key Fadeaway
Deron Williams’ Crossover
LeBron’s Once-Boring Dunk
Brad Miller’s Slow Pump Fake
Derrick Rose’s Spree-like Dunk
Derek Fisher’s PUJIT
The Nash Wrong-Foot Scoop
Blake Griffin’s Rim Annihilation
LeBron’s Chase-Down Block
Jamal Crawford’s Shake-and-Bake
The Melo Jab Step
Kobe’s “Bobby Brown Jaw”

http://nba-point-forward.si.com/2011/01/01/greatest-signature-moves-in-the-nba/

awktalk
01-02-2011, 01:45 AM
Why is Splitter's shoulder-spinner not listed?

BanditHiro
01-02-2011, 01:48 AM
Why is Splitter's shoulder-spinner not listed?

because it is hard to see it from the bench

jag
01-02-2011, 01:54 AM
Ricky Davis can't get any love for his unique triple-doubles?

pawe
01-02-2011, 01:58 AM
Id say Manu has the behind the back /wrap around dribble slash to the basket move trademarked already.

Dex
01-02-2011, 01:58 AM
So Tiago's Flip Shots aren't on the list? :(

pawe
01-02-2011, 02:02 AM
Greg Oden's mirror shots

Creepn
01-02-2011, 02:12 AM
The Bank of Duncan

9VEvx1_6Vw8

1:48 respect

Nick Manning
01-02-2011, 02:19 AM
Manu's 1-2-3-4-hop is the best move in the NBA, tbh. Milwaukee knows this.

TwAnKiEs
01-02-2011, 02:31 AM

ouch :lol

awktalk
01-02-2011, 03:10 AM

Honestly, that is the most effective place for it to be.

TJastal
01-02-2011, 06:54 AM
Seems like SI and Sporting News have actually made the effort to give the spurs' players props over years, unlike ESPN which actually bans their mouthpieces from even mentioning them in any positive light.

TJastal
01-02-2011, 06:58 AM
Oh, and how can we talk about signature moves without mentioning the great Kevin Durant and his unique way of getting to the free throw line which consists of throwing his 3 foot long arms into a defenders arm while simultaneously flinging the ball toward the hoop?

GoSpurs99
01-02-2011, 07:16 AM
Oh, and how can we talk about signature moves without mentioning the great Kevin Durant and his unique way of getting to the free throw line which consists of throwing his 3 foot long arms into a defenders arm while simultaneously flinging the ball toward the hoop?

I hate anyone who is not a SA Spurs player, but this is ridiculous.

So...every referee in the NBA is working together to make sure KD gets to the line as much as possible? And people, greedy beings that we are, aren't talking?

:lol

TDMVPDPOY
01-02-2011, 07:27 AM
whats more offensive then bonner stickin his ass out when he shoots

TJastal
01-02-2011, 07:33 AM
I hate anyone who is not a SA Spurs player, but this is ridiculous.

So...every referee in the NBA is working together to make sure KD gets to the line as much as possible? And people, greedy beings that we are, aren't talking?

:lol

I like plenty of players around the league that aren't spurs. Kevin Durant just happens to not be one of them. If you want to join the KD knob polishing going on in this thread, be my guest, I won't stop ya! :lol

And yes, I'll be here laughing my ass off the day Westbrook asks for a trade, which should be very soon since demand for top notch point guards is at an all time high in the league. (On a side note, I hope its not the lakers who dig their greedy little paws in.)

Meantime, have fun choking on KD's cock.

JWest596
01-02-2011, 08:18 AM
Greatest signature moves in the NBA

Ice's fingaroll.
Kareem's skyhook.
Barry's underhand granny free throws.

Spurs Brazil
01-02-2011, 09:25 AM
TD bank shot is my favorite

ChuckD
01-02-2011, 09:46 AM
I'm glad the only props Kobe got was for making a face, since he stole about every move in his arsenal from MJ.

jeebus
01-02-2011, 10:25 AM
Greatest signature moves in the NBA

Ice's fingaroll.
Kareem's skyhook.
Barry's underhand granny free throws.
It's pretty obvious they're just talking about this year

2pac
01-02-2011, 12:08 PM
Tom Chamber's dunk from the 3-point line.

TinTin
01-02-2011, 12:12 PM
Rondoooooooooo Fake x1