PDA

View Full Version : Does the Big East really deserve a BCS spot?

Pelicans78
01-02-2011, 09:44 AM
At this point, I would say no. Since Miami, VA Tech, Rich Rod, Petrino, and recently Brian Kelly left, this conference took a nose dive.

This year, there were better many teams than UCONN who got left out of the BCS.

Fact is, the Big East should have their AQ status removed.

Trainwreck2100
01-02-2011, 10:00 AM
thats why they picked up tcu

Pelicans78
01-02-2011, 10:14 AM
thats why they picked up tcu

That might help, but I think TCU should have been more patient and tried to go to the Big 12. They will get more money being part of the Big East, but they could have had a solid chance joining the Big 12.

Trainwreck2100
01-02-2011, 10:56 AM
Didn't make sense for big 12 when it came to tv market

Pelicans78
01-02-2011, 11:08 AM
Didn't make sense for big 12 when it came to tv market

I thought TCU being from the Dallas-FW area would be an advantage for them.

DMX7
01-02-2011, 12:18 PM
I thought TCU being from the Dallas-FW area would be an advantage for them.

They don't have much of a following there. DFW cares more about Texas than TCU even now.

Stump
01-02-2011, 02:37 PM
I think it make more sense to ditch the BCS and non-BCS conference distinction and just let any conference champion ranked in the top 16 be automatically eligible for a BCS game.

tlongII
01-02-2011, 05:03 PM
That might help, but I think TCU should have been more patient and tried to go to the Big 12. They will get more money being part of the Big East, but they could have had a solid chance joining the Big 12.

The Big 12 won't exist in 5 years or so.

vander
01-03-2011, 10:03 AM
throw out the automatic bids entirely

I'd even be OK with a playoffs if they got rid of the automatic bids and just took the top 6 BCS teams, top 2 getting a buy.

that would be all right.

any more than 6 teams getting into the "playoffs" would destroy the regular season.

but Big east and Bid ten teams get destroyed in BCS games is bad for the viewers, fans, networks, college football, everyone.

Pelicans78
01-03-2011, 01:41 PM
throw out the automatic bids entirely

I'd even be OK with a playoffs if they got rid of the automatic bids and just took the top 6 BCS teams, top 2 getting a buy.

that would be all right.

any more than 6 teams getting into the "playoffs" would destroy the regular season.

but Big east and Bid ten teams get destroyed in BCS games is bad for the viewers, fans, networks, college football, everyone.

That's what I would like to see.

Except I would disallow Stanford since they already loss to Oregon this year. Make a rule allowing conference winners only except in a rare case where the Big Ten has two teams who haven't played each other.

Basically, Auburn and Oregon would get a bye.

Then TCU, Wisconsin, Oklahoma, and Boise St.

1st round: Boise St. at TCU, Oklahoma at Wisconsin

2nd round: Boise/TCU winner vs Oregon, OU/Wisc winner vs Auburn

The 2nd round and champsionship games would be on neutral fields.