PDA

View Full Version : an open letter to Toby Keith

mookie2001
05-28-2005, 04:45 PM
Dear Mr. Keith

Your music sucks, it blows, it's the worst shit I've ever heard. I would rather listen to Avril Lavinge. Personally, you seem extremely ignorant and come across as the biggest chode on Earth, I mean you're from Oklahoma and you would seemingly give Bush oral. Writing open letters is the new fad on this blog, and I hate you the most of anyone whos not actually a politician or Adrian Peterson.

your sworn enemy
Mookie

ZStomp
05-28-2005, 04:58 PM
You like writing open letters huh?

Johnny_Blaze_47
05-28-2005, 05:24 PM
Surprisingly, Keith's a registered Democrat.

maxpower
05-28-2005, 05:32 PM
Wasn't too impressed with his latest album...

NameDropper
05-28-2005, 05:34 PM

I haven't been impressed with any of them.

gophergeorge
05-28-2005, 05:49 PM
Toby Keith puts out some good shit.... Guess we will just have to disagree....

Jekka
05-28-2005, 05:49 PM
I get pissed at anyone who sings about being a bigger patriot than anyone else. It's like the new penis contest, but about patriotism ... or maybe it's a cover ...

ShoogarBear
05-28-2005, 05:56 PM
The last refuge of a scoundrel . . .

maxpower
05-28-2005, 06:00 PM
I get pissed at anyone who sings about being a bigger patriot than anyone else. It's like the new penis contest, but about patriotism ... or maybe it's a cover ...

Ha! Reminded me of Drew Carey's big dick jokes.

"My dick is so big, it was once overthrown by a militay coup. It's now known as the Democratic Republic of My Dick."

"My dick is so big Stephen Hawking has a theory about it."
:drunk

mookie2001
05-28-2005, 06:39 PM
I've never heard a Toby Keith song

i would bet my life that you have, they used to show his dam ford commercials during spurs games all the time, and he's sold an astonishing amount of CDs, you might not recognize it though

BronxCowboy
05-28-2005, 06:40 PM
Surprisingly, Keith's a registered Democrat.
No kidding? Goes to show that jackassery know no party boundaries.

violentkitten
05-28-2005, 07:28 PM
whats wrong with giving bush oral?

Gatita
05-28-2005, 07:53 PM

Not impressed nor entertained by this thread.

T Park
05-28-2005, 09:25 PM
Stupidest thread ever.

mookie2001
05-29-2005, 12:02 AM
thread police SVU?

jalbre6
05-29-2005, 12:14 AM
I don't really get angry, it's just good for a laugh. But I'll laugh at anything. Especially political bumper stickers. It's going to be June and the year is 2005, yet I'll still see "re-defeat Bush" stickers. You're 19 and into politics.......cool.

I've never heard a Toby Keith song though. It will probably stay that way. The older I get though, the more I think to myself, "Do I really want to be that guy that's a 30 year old music snob?"

You gotta be kidding.

Go someplace like the Bay Area or New York and see (or better, listen to) the political angst that's still pointed toward Bush. It's a complete inverse in the pro-Bush/anti-Bush bumper stickers that you're probably accustomed to seeing.

That's great if Toby Keith is an uber-patriot and all, and also if he's managed to profit off of it. But at least in my opinion it's made him and this act very boring. Sort of like hearing the Natalie the Dixie Chick defending her patriotism over and over again.

Hey, the Spurs won! :)

ZStomp
05-29-2005, 12:44 AM
If Toby Keith walked in front of me today...I wouldn't know who he was. Nor would I care. :lol

ClintSquint
05-29-2005, 09:00 AM
isnt he shania twains husband

In his dreams.

IX_Equilibrium
05-29-2005, 09:38 AM
I heard he may be joining a death metal band from Denmark.

3rdCoast
05-29-2005, 12:09 PM
http://images.usatoday.com/life/_photos/2002/2002-06-13-inside-toby-keith.jpg

mookie2001
05-29-2005, 12:11 PM
"if you dont buy my CD... al queda wins..."

Duff McCartney
05-29-2005, 12:21 PM
I hate Toby Keith, he's nothing but a brain dead hick.

N.Y. Johnny
05-29-2005, 02:30 PM
If Toby Keith walked in front of me today...I wouldn't know who he was. Nor would I care. :lol

:lmao

T Park
05-29-2005, 04:30 PM
I hate Toby Keith, he's nothing but a brain dead hick

but yet the heavy metal bands who do nothing but scream and make noise, are "talented"

Classic.

If this guy had voiced his opposition to Bush and the war,

you, and all the other fuck faces in this thread wouldve been all over him

His a good singer, a great musician and very talented.

3rdCoast
05-29-2005, 04:33 PM
but yet the heavy metal bands who do nothing but scream and make noise, are "talented"

Classic.

TPark comin thru in the clutch again. Toby is one of my favs. I enjoy his music very much. TPark, you = badd ass

violentkitten
05-29-2005, 05:54 PM
keith has no talent. lets get some perspective here.

anyways, what is wrong with giving bush oral? i know sometimes womens keep it less than fresh down there, but still...

mookie2001
05-29-2005, 05:57 PM
i like country but him and most "contemporary" country artists are no talent ass clowns, when i'm in a mood for a laugh i watch the country video channels and see how corny these chodes are, the videos are like contests to see who can seem the most patriotic, you can see right through it

"if you dont buy my CD... al queda wins..."

anyone ever heard of bob wills, johnny cash, bill monroe, townes van zandt, steve earle, don walser, hank jr, hank III, robert earl keen?

exstatic
05-29-2005, 06:03 PM
http://www.ramdac.org/images/futk_natimage.gif

3rdCoast
05-29-2005, 06:07 PM
anyone ever heard of bob wills, johnny cash, bill monroe, townes van zandt, steve earle, don walser, hank jr, hank III, robert earl keen?

Right on bro. I love Hank Jr. "I'm a country plow boy, not an urban cowboy..."

The new shit is so "96.1 ish" . I like Pat Green and Cory Morrow also.Add in Cross Candian Ragweed too

mookie2001
05-29-2005, 06:11 PM
pat green sold out but was never really good
people like his tshirts and his stickers more than they like his music

cross canadian ragweed makes the goo goo dolls look like pantera
(theyre soft)

but i love robert earl keen, even though so do a lot of teenagers who think theyre indie do to, he's one of the most underrated musicians of all time, besides townes and steve earle
and bill monroe is up there with hendrix, SRV, sublime and PANTERA as far as musically superior to all

N.Y. Johnny
05-29-2005, 07:20 PM
pat green sold out but was never really good
people like his tshirts and his stickers more than they like his music

cross canadian ragweed makes the goo goo dolls look like pantera
(theyre soft)

but i love robert earl keen, even though so do a lot of teenagers who think theyre indie do to, he's one of the most underrated musicians of all time, besides townes and steve earle
and bill monroe is up there with hendrix, SRV, sublime and PANTERA as far as musically superior to all

Fuck Yeah man!! I love Robert Earl Keen!, it don't get no better than the ROAD GOES ON FOREVER AND THE PARTY NEVER ENDS!

"Shades of Grey" i like too

thats some good stuff there man! :smokin

Duff McCartney
05-29-2005, 09:28 PM

Classic.

T Park, I like you, but you're a fucking idiot. Where at any point did I mention any heavy metal bands? I don't even like heavy metal.

You're being a moron like you usually are. I don't care if he supports the war or not, some of his songs do nothing but preach hate against Arabs.

T Park
05-29-2005, 09:45 PM
some of his songs do nothing but preach hate against Arabs.

Wrong, wrong wrong wrong.

You have no factual basis to that, that is totally incorrect.

and BTW, the "Darkness" is heavy metal.

That clown screaming on that BS is a joke for music.

T Park
05-29-2005, 09:46 PM
i like country but him and most "contemporary" country artists are no talent ass clowns, when i'm in a mood for a laugh i watch the country video channels and see how corny these chodes are, the videos are like contests to see who can seem the most patriotic, you can see right through it

you are watchin some different videos than I am.

MannyIsGod
05-29-2005, 11:16 PM
:lmao

The Darkness is not metal, and the fact that you think they are totaly disqualifies your music opinion in here. Lets see at what we got here, one Toby Keith.

Toby Keith is not a great musician. It takes more than playing 3 chords over and over on a pretty guitar on stage to be considred a good musican.

Guitar great? Yeah right. The day you hear Keiths name mentioned with anyone who has the ability to throw down some mean pick will be the day they crown King George of America the first.

He's not a great song writer either; musicly or lyricly. We'll put a boot in your ass. Well, those sound like some great lyrics thought up over a 12 pack of Schlitz sitting on the back of a Ford truck. And as far as what he writes musically, take a look at what I said above. Actually, does he even write his own songs? He's a countemporary country artist so the chances of him writing his own music are very slim indeed, but I'm too lazy to check. Contemporary country is simply pop for hicks. Give me some Johnny Cash or Roy Orbison anyday. Toby Keith? HA!

3rdCoast
05-29-2005, 11:20 PM
We'll put a boot in your ass

thats a fine line. what is wrong with that?

E20
05-29-2005, 11:30 PM
Come to think of it I don't even know who Toby Keith is and if he is a country singer. Then he must suck!

Duff McCartney
05-30-2005, 12:29 AM
Wrong, wrong wrong wrong.

You have no factual basis to that, that is totally incorrect.

and BTW, the "Darkness" is heavy metal.

That clown screaming on that BS is a joke for music.

So what's wrong with The Darkness? Both Justin and Dan Hawkins would piss all over Toby Keith if he ever tried to outplay them on guitar. They are 4858585 times the guitar player he is.

They also write better songs.

E20
05-30-2005, 01:02 AM
some of his songs do nothing but preach hate against Arabs.

That's so true. :lol

3rdCoast
05-30-2005, 01:16 AM
That's so true. :lol

he can sing and write songs about whatever he pleases.

Duff McCartney
05-30-2005, 01:26 AM
he can sing and write songs about whatever he pleases.

Which is why he's a stupid brain dead hick.

3rdCoast
05-30-2005, 01:31 AM
Which is why he's a stupid brain dead hick.

im a hick. does that mean i am braindead?

Gatita
05-30-2005, 11:12 AM
im a hick. does that mean i am braindead?

From the stupid threads you start and even dumber posts you make, uh yeah your a brain dead hick.

3rdCoast
05-30-2005, 12:11 PM
From the stupid threads you start and even dumber posts you make, uh yeah your a brain dead hick.
what a bitch

Gatita
05-30-2005, 12:15 PM
what a bitch

Your mother taught me everything I know.

3rdCoast
05-30-2005, 12:19 PM
Your mother taught me everything I know.
u dont even know me and feel comfortable making accusations of me being a brain dead hick. i find that outlandish at best.

gophergeorge
05-30-2005, 12:43 PM
To those who "hate" TK.... I don't understand it! What the fuck did he do to you?

I love his music, and yes, perhaps it only take three, maybe four chords to play his songs... big fucking deal. Not every one has to be Prince.

Why do I like his music? I can relate to it. He, like most country singers, sing about lost love and a hard days work. Which, I'm willing to bet, most of you would not know if it fucked you in the ass. The only rough spots on your hands are from dreaming about fucking Eva, pretending you are Tony Parker...
Which leads me to another subject... Why are people banging on this girl????
Did she steal your lunch money? Oh wait, your parents probably never HAD a job, so you ate on MY dime....

mookie2001
05-30-2005, 01:46 PM
non political reasons why i dislike toby keith

his music sucks
his lyrics sucks
he's from oklahoma
he sells millions of records, proving that you dont have to be ashlee simpson to blow and make millions

add to that some of the shit ive heard him say about his beliefs and political issues, i strongly dislike the man.
thats my opinion, he would probably hate me for scoffing him, thinking the war in iraq is a waste of lives and money and being a texas longhorn fan who hates oklahoma. music is stuff you can argue about all day, shit i think pink floyd is overrated, nobody would likely agree with me about that
the fact is artist like ashlee simpson and toby keith and 50 cent are some of the most successful acts today, that doesnt mean theyre good musically, thats the nature of being "pop"
besides if you dont buy tobys cd... al qaeda wins

Duff McCartney
05-30-2005, 01:56 PM
I love his music, and yes, perhaps it only take three, maybe four chords to play his songs... big fucking deal. Not every one has to be Prince.

I don't even like Prince.

Why do I like his music? I can relate to it. He, like most country singers, sing about lost love and a hard days work. Which, I'm willing to bet, most of you would not know if it fucked you in the ass. The only rough spots on your hands are from dreaming about fucking Eva, pretending you are Tony Parker...
Did she steal your lunch money? Oh wait, your parents probably never HAD a job, so you ate on MY dime.

Listen...we are here discussing music you shithead....not about anything else. I respect you and like you, but now you're just being a twat just like T Park. Just because we don't like Toby Keith doesn't mean you can talk shit like that.

Drachen
05-30-2005, 02:00 PM
is he that guy who sang that song about "bombs raining down on you something something something, the red white and blue"

Gatita
05-30-2005, 02:05 PM
I don't even like Prince.

Listen...we are here discussing music you shithead....not about anything else. I respect you and like you, but now you're just being a twat just like T Park. Just because we don't like Toby Keith doesn't mean you can talk shit like that.

Its funny how people get offended and feel that have to talk smack just because we don't agree with their views. What a bunch of pendejos.

mookie2001
05-30-2005, 02:07 PM

OWNED

MannyIsGod
05-30-2005, 03:07 PM
To those who "hate" TK.... I don't understand it! What the fuck did he do to you?

His music sucks. And I'm judging from his awesome lyrics about putting a boot in someone's ass, that he's probably not the kind of guy I want to throw back a beer with. Oh, and he works for Ford. That makes me hate him even more.

I don't remember anyone bringing up Prince in this thread, but whatever.

What I don't understand is why you got your panties in a wad over the expression of musical opinions. Great, you like Toby Keith. Buy all of his records and lay with them at night if it floats your boat.

But under my standards, writting songs as unorgional as his does not make you a great songwriter. The quality of the music his writes and plays does not make him a great musican.

Why do I like his music? I can relate to it. He, like most country singers, sing about lost love and a hard days work. Which, I'm willing to bet, most of you would not know if it fucked you in the ass.

HA. Obviously, the people who do not like Toby Keith are all lazy and on welfare and listen to rap. Or, maybe they've all walked a path paved in gold.

Shut. The. Fuck. Up.

If you want to sit here and discuss the merits of contempary country music - and i'm sorry Toby Keith is not real country - then lets have at it. But I doubt you're going to get far with your socio-economic assumptions based on music taste.

The only rough spots on your hands are from dreaming about fucking Eva, pretending you are Tony Parker...
Did she steal your lunch money? Oh wait, your parents probably never HAD a job, so you ate on MY dime....
Dude, you're all over the fucking place. And why? Because someone bagged on your favorite mouthpiece for America. Give me a fucking break.

Drachen
05-30-2005, 03:14 PM
is he that guy who sang that song about "bombs raining down on you something something something, the red white and blue"

Or maybe it said "itll feel like the whole world is raining down on you something something something, oh the red white and blue." was that TK?

MannyIsGod
05-30-2005, 03:16 PM
Yes, that is him.

IX_Equilibrium
05-30-2005, 03:22 PM
Toby's music, lyrics, opinions, etc. don't bother me at all. I don't even like country, so its no big deal to me. Not everyone has to like what he stands for. But he is successful, so good for him.

Drachen
05-30-2005, 03:22 PM
Ok, yeah his music kinda reminds me of that simpsons with the smashing pumkins. Lisa said something to the effect of "their lyrics are bleak and (something about the music) but everyone seems to be into it." then bart comes back with "well making teenagers depressed, its like shooting fish in a barrel." In other words "making people feel patriotic during a war, it doesnt take a genius to do so" (obviously).

E20
05-30-2005, 05:53 PM
Man, Manny and Duff gave out some serious ownage. I'm gonna have to remind myself to turn the other cheek when talking about music with these two.

Bandit2981
05-30-2005, 06:55 PM
i know of him, but i dont think ive ever listened to a whole song. the only toby keith tune i know is "im a ford truck man" and i hate that song.

gophergeorge
05-31-2005, 05:58 PM
His music sucks. And I'm judging from his awesome lyrics about putting a boot in someone's ass, that he's probably not the kind of guy I want to throw back a beer with. Oh, and he works for Ford. That makes me hate him even more.

I don't remember anyone bringing up Prince in this thread, but whatever.

What I don't understand is why you got your panties in a wad over the expression of musical opinions. Great, you like Toby Keith. Buy all of his records and lay with them at night if it floats your boat.

But under my standards, writting songs as unorgional as his does not make you a great songwriter. The quality of the music his writes and plays does not make him a great musican.

HA. Obviously, the people who do not like Toby Keith are all lazy and on welfare and listen to rap. Or, maybe they've all walked a path paved in gold.

Shut. The. Fuck. Up.

If you want to sit here and discuss the merits of contempary country music - and i'm sorry Toby Keith is not real country - then lets have at it. But I doubt you're going to get far with your socio-economic assumptions based on music taste.

Dude, you're all over the fucking place. And why? Because someone bagged on your favorite mouthpiece for America. Give me a fucking break.

MIG.... I'll give ya the Ford thing.... I drive a Dodge....

Contempary country music.... we have not seen that since the days of Ray Price and Charlie Pride.... Who has not "woke up Sunday morning with no way to hold your head that didn't hurt."????

The socio-econominc "assumptions".... Don't most singer/songwriters try to appeal to those who can relate to the songs? I don't mind R&B/Soul/Rap, but I truly can't "relate" to it... hence my love of country music.

Perhaps I was a little out of line with the banging Eva thing... but hey, I was tired and had a few beers in me....

Anyway, I like TK... he supports our troops... does the USO thing... and that is important to ME .... I don't like a lot of "groups", but you don't see me cutting them down for no good reason....

And for the "owned" thing... that's some funny shit.....

MannyIsGod
05-31-2005, 06:01 PM
I think the USO thing is great as well, and I wish more artists would do that, regardless of their political views.

gophergeorge
05-31-2005, 06:04 PM
I think the USO thing is great as well, and I wish more artists would do that, regardless of their political views.

Call the Cops... Manny and I agree on something..... :)

On a side note.... just because of you all... I'm gonna play his

"America Solider" song at my retirement on the 9th of June... :)

ObiwanGinobili
05-31-2005, 06:10 PM
i wa just checking in... .and could not believe this thread was still moving on..... although it does provide a small amount of comic relief.
small amount.