PDA

View Full Version : Adrian Beltre to Rangers?

Texas Chili Dog
01-02-2011, 08:04 PM
Adrian Beltre could be close to a deal with the Rangers. This morning, there was a rumor of a six year deal. But then it was reported that it wasn't a done deal yet. Either way, I like where this is going.

http://rangersblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2011/01/report-texas-rangers-havent-re.html

crc21209
01-02-2011, 08:40 PM
He was pretty damn solid for the Sox last year...:tu

monosylab1k
01-02-2011, 11:48 PM
fuck Beltre, he's a contract year whore. Did the same thing with the Dodgers before signing with Seattle.

The only positive is that even as we get a shitty .260/18/80 season out of him, defensively a half-assed Beltre is still 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 x better than Michael Young.

EricB
01-03-2011, 01:11 AM
Getting Beltre allows the Rangers to move Young to DH or 1b, and improves the defense a whole crap load, AND Beltre would benefit from the bandbox in the summer time.

yavozerb
01-03-2011, 09:47 AM
Beltre and Andrus on the lft side would be pretty damn nice..As for young, I think he gets traded if beltre gets signed cause I cant imagine a player getting paid 16 mil platooning any where and plus I am hearing the rangers are close to resigning vlad as well.

monosylab1k
01-03-2011, 10:16 AM
also, a 6 year deal would be insane. You really want a 37 year old Beltre on this team?

Two months into the season, the Rangers and every Ranger fan will regret this. After all he's done to screw us over, I don't know why the Rangers FO would want to deal with any client represented by The Baseball Antichrist.

Phillip
01-03-2011, 10:42 AM
I'd take him solely for defensive reasons, and moving Young to DH. After Vladdy completely blowing ass in every aspect of baseball for 99% of the playoffs, I'd rather Young be there. That way if they somehow made it back to the WS even, then at least Young is halfway competent of a fielder, unlike Vladdy.

JamStone
01-03-2011, 12:12 PM
I'd understand if they could get Beltre for like $10-11 on a 3-4 year deal. But they're talking about a $96 million, 6 year contract. At least that link is. That's crazy money for a guy that has questionable work ethic and motivation. He is really good defensively and if he gets his 600 ABs, he should give you 20-25 HR and 80+ RBI. But I just don't know about giving him that kind of cheese.

BUMP
01-03-2011, 01:56 PM
If Jayson Werth can get a 7 year $126 million deal, then this will definitely happen, imho

Fpoonsie
01-03-2011, 02:24 PM
If Jayson Werth can get a 7 year $126 million deal, then this will definitely happen, imho

How does your sportswriter uncle (or whoever the fuck) feel about the move?

:depressed

yavozerb
01-03-2011, 04:54 PM
I am not too crazy about the length of these contract rumors either,but with that said, Beltre would be an upgrade for next seasons team on both the defensive and offensive sides of the ball. Better yet this would hurt the Angels offseason very badly and would help the playoff chances for the rangers ALOT. So yes, the contract is high, but the Rangers maybe figuring that numerous playoff appearences would recoup the extra $ they are giving Beltre for the 5-6 seasons. Just a thought

tlongII
01-03-2011, 05:25 PM
Beltre can pick it that is for sure. His stick is only average though. He stopped doing roids after leaving the Dodgers and hasn't been the same since.

Texas Chili Dog
01-03-2011, 06:28 PM
How does your sportswriter uncle (or whoever the fuck) feel about the move?

:depressed

http://texas.rangers.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20110102&content_id=16380990&vkey=news_tex&c_id=tex

Apparently, the Rangers have approached Young about yet ANOTHER position change. And to nobody's surprise, Young wasn't very receptive to the idea. Every other year, the Rangers have him move to a different position.

TheMACHINE
01-03-2011, 07:13 PM
lol 6 years

Texas Chili Dog
01-03-2011, 07:25 PM
New info. Looks like it will be for 5 years, with an option for the 6th.

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/mlb/news/story?id=5984163

yavozerb
01-03-2011, 10:07 PM
New info. Looks like it will be for 5 years, with an option for the 6th.

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/mlb/news/story?id=5984163

:toast

Texas Chili Dog
01-03-2011, 11:35 PM
http://trsullivan.mlblogs.com/archives/2011/01/young_willing_to_dh.html

I love Michael Young so much. This is why he is my favorite Rangers player. Total team player.

jjktkk
01-04-2011, 03:29 AM
A great move if it happens. Beltre is an upgrade over Young and is the rh bat the Rangers have been looking for. Plus it weakens a Division rival in Aniheim, who was looking to sign Beltre as well.

monosylab1k
01-04-2011, 09:13 AM
I want to hear in 2 months how great this signing is, when Beltre is hitting .240 and it's obvious he's never going to match his production in Boston. Defensively it will be an upgrade no matter what, but if we end up losing Vlad or Young's bat for this guy, the Rangers will rue the day they made this signing.

He's the Erick Dampier of baseball.

yavozerb
01-04-2011, 10:11 AM
I want to hear in 2 months how great this signing is, when Beltre is hitting .240 and it's obvious he's never going to match his production in Boston. Defensively it will be an upgrade no matter what, but if we end up losing Vlad or Young's bat for this guy, the Rangers will rue the day they made this signing.

Sounds good. Do you even know anything about beltre? lets look at some numbers:

Beltre:25 hr, 89 rbi, .275 ba, .328 obp (career numbers)
Young: 17 hr, 87 rbi, .300 ba, .347 obp (career numbers)

With Young indicating he would hit as a DH this is a win win for the entire team and fans. In looking at the career numbers of both players there does not seem to be alot lost on batting as well (regardless of what you think). Do you even know how long a season is? 2 months into the season, really? :lol

yavozerb
01-04-2011, 10:13 AM
A great move if it happens. Beltre is an upgrade over Young and is the rh bat the Rangers have been looking for. Plus it weakens a Division rival in Aniheim, who was looking to sign Beltre as well.

monosylab1k
01-04-2011, 01:56 PM
Sounds good. Do you even know anything about beltre? lets look at some numbers:

Beltre:25 hr, 89 rbi, .275 ba, .328 obp (career numbers)
Young: 17 hr, 87 rbi, .300 ba, .347 obp (career numbers)

With Young indicating he would hit as a DH this is a win win for the entire team and fans. In looking at the career numbers of both players there does not seem to be alot lost on batting as well (regardless of what you think). Do you even know how long a season is? 2 months into the season, really? :lol

Take out Beltre's contract year in LA and his contract year in Boston and then get back to me, dipshit. Now do YOU know anything about Beltre?

G-Nob
01-04-2011, 02:05 PM

He's indicated publically. Remember: he wasn't all that thrilled getting pushed off of SS for Andrus. We'll see how things unfold in the clubhouse the first month of the season.

yavozerb
01-04-2011, 02:06 PM
Take out Beltre's contract year in LA and his contract year in Boston and then get back to me, dipshit. Now do YOU know anything about Beltre?

:lol, take out Young's 2 best years and I think his numbers will not be as good either. What do you think? At least you didnt come back with the 2 months into the season all is lost arguement this time..:toast

monosylab1k
01-04-2011, 02:45 PM
:lol, take out Young's 2 best years and I think his numbers will not be as good either. What do you think? At least you didnt come back with the 2 months into the season all is lost arguement this time..:toast

The difference is that Young's 2 best seasons didn't come during his contract years, and those 2 contract years weren't SIGNIFICANT improvements over any other season in his entire career.

Beltre's 2 best seasons were coincidentally the only two years he had a BA over .300 and the only two years he had over 100 RBI. And they're his 2 contract years. What a fucking coincidence.

You're fucking retarded if you think Beltre will produce anywhere near the level he did last season. And I GUARANTEE YOU, by June the majority of Rangers fans will be bitching about how Adrian Beltre is a contract year whore who is lazy as hell and not earning his money.

BUMP
01-04-2011, 02:49 PM
Unfortunately I agree with mono.

Beltre is one of the most notable contract thieves in baseball history. And at 37 this is likely his last big deal so he'll have no incentive to really go all out anymore.

Atleast he'll hit more homeruns then he did in Seattle/LA now that he's playing in Arlington. This team is gonna be like those old Ranger teams that were all hitting and no defense. Atleast they'll be fun to watch

yavozerb
01-04-2011, 03:48 PM
The difference is that Young's 2 best seasons didn't come during his contract years, and those 2 contract years weren't SIGNIFICANT improvements over any other season in his entire career.

Beltre's 2 best seasons were coincidentally the only two years he had a BA over .300 and the only two years he had over 100 RBI. And they're his 2 contract years. What a fucking coincidence.

You're fucking retarded if you think Beltre will produce anywhere near the level he did last season. And I GUARANTEE YOU, by June the majority of Rangers fans will be bitching about how Adrian Beltre is a contract year whore who is lazy as hell and not earning his money.

I dont think I ever said he would match last yrs totals, but, I do expect his career average of .275, 20-25 hr's, 80-100 rbi's and a top 3 defensive 3b for the coming season. Are you expecting more? Did TX overpay for Beltre, maybe, but this move also hurts a division rival. Money well spent in my opinion..

monosylab1k
01-04-2011, 03:55 PM
I do expect him his career average of .275

if he plays like in his seattle post-contract signing days, then it's probably closer to .260ish

20-25 hr's

possible

80-100 rbi's

unless you just want to be completely disingenuous, remove the 100 because HE'S NEVER HIT 100 RBI IN A NON CONTRACT YEAR.

Did TX overpay for Beltre, maybe

maybe?

MAYBE?????

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

you're an idiot.

In his VERY BEST YEAR in seattle, he went .276/26/99 which is good for a 8-10 million a year player, but when he stands to make ALMOST 100 MILLION DOLLARS then those numbers need to be his absolute worst season totals.

yavozerb
01-04-2011, 04:03 PM
if he plays like in his seattle post-contract signing days, then it's probably closer to .260ish

possible

unless you just want to be completely disingenuous, remove the 100 because HE'S NEVER HIT 100 RBI IN A NON CONTRACT YEAR.

maybe?

MAYBE?????

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

you're an idiot.

In his VERY BEST YEAR in seattle, he went .276/26/99 which is decent for a 8-10 million player, but when he stands to make ALMOST 100 MILLION DOLLARS then those numbers need to be his absolute worst season totals.

Wow, your calling me the idiot...Take a look at seattle's ballpark and arlingtons's ballpark, which do you think is more hitter friendly?
Take a look at the lineup of the seattle mariners at the time he was there and compare it too the rangers lineup, which do you think is better as a hitter?
Only an idiot like yourself looks at the just the player and raw numbers..To say Beltre has been on a team and a stadium like Texas is foolish. And yes, stadiums and teams do a play a huge part in putting up big numbers in mlb.

monosylab1k
01-04-2011, 04:08 PM
Wow, your calling me the idiot...Take a look at seattle's ballpark and arlingtons's ballpark, which do you think is more hitter friendly?
Take a look at the lineup of the seattle mariners at the time he was there and compare it too the rangers lineup, which do you think is better as a hitter?
Only an idiot like yourself looks at the just the player and raw numbers..To say Beltre has been on a team and a stadium like Texas is foolish. And yes, stadiums and teams do a play a huge part in putting up big numbers in mlb.

Dodger Stadium is the quintessential pitcher's park, and Beltre put up monster numbers there. Why? Contract year. Then he goes to a similar ballpark in Seattle and plays like ass.

The end.

JamStone
01-04-2011, 04:35 PM
I dont think I ever said he would match last yrs totals, but, I do expect his career average of .275, 20-25 hr's, 80-100 rbi's and a top 3 defensive 3b for the coming season. Are you expecting more? Did TX overpay for Beltre, maybe, but this move also hurts a division rival. Money well spent in my opinion..

His defense helps and it is very good. I see more as a .260 hitter than .275 or better. But he should be able to supply around 25 HRs if he gets his 600 plate appearances. He has a fairly consistent track record of home run power when he gets 600 PAs/550+ ABs. And the argument that it hurts the Angels is a strong one imo. That might be even more important than his defense. As it stands, it doesn't look like Oakland or Seattle will be threats any time soon, at least it's unlikely. So the Angels are biggest threat. Keeping Beltre from the Angels does strike me as a significant factor in signing him. Is that and he worth $15-16 million a year though?

I do question the money and length. Being the contract whore type of player he is, it is pretty risky. I would think around the $10 million a year range would make the deal a lot more reasonable for the Rangers because it's probably pretty likely that the contract will start looking bad as early as the second or third year. Hell if they're going to go five years on Beltre, should have just given Cliff Lee that 7th year.

jjktkk
01-04-2011, 04:35 PM
Dodger Stadium is the quintessential pitcher's park, and Beltre put up monster numbers there. Why? Contract year. Then he goes to a similar ballpark in Seattle and plays like ass.

The end.

Another pitchers ball park. The Rangers did overpay for Beltre, but he is the perfect rh compliment to Hamilton, Cruz, etc..., not to mention the fact he is superior defensively to Young and the signing weakens Anaheim. The move allows Young to be a super utility guy, able to play at least 3 infield positions. I know you have a cartoon avatar, but I hope you don't have a cartoon brain, if you can't see the advantages to the Rangers siging Beltre.

yavozerb
01-04-2011, 04:38 PM

The end.

Ya, his last year in LA was pretty comparible to jose bautista of this year, no known explanation. Have you even taken a look at the rest of his numbers? His last year in boston is about the same as 5-6 other years in seattle and LA, not sure why you think it was a monster year for him. In your own mind you are right, so we shall see when the season begins and I cannot wait to hear your bullshit excuses then.

monosylab1k
01-04-2011, 04:47 PM
Another pitchers ball park. The Rangers did overpay for Beltre, but he is the perfect rh compliment to Hamilton, Cruz, etc..., not to mention the fact he is superior defensively to Young and the signing weakens Anaheim. The move allows Young to be a super utility guy, able to play at least 3 infield positions. I know you have a cartoon avatar, but I hope you don't have a cartoon brain, if you can't see the advantages to the Rangers siging Beltre.

:lol you think signing a career underacheiver who only plays hard in contract years to a ONE HUNDRED MILLION DOLLAR CONTRACT is a good idea? And you're questioning someone else's intelligence?

monosylab1k
01-04-2011, 04:48 PM
The whole point of the Dodger Stadium/Seattle comparison is to prove that in Adrian Beltre's world, pitcher's parks and hitter's parks don't mean fucking shit. It's "getting paid" versus "already got paid".

I can't wait to shove this back in your faces when he is sucking a fat dick all season long at the plate.

jjktkk
01-04-2011, 05:02 PM
The whole point of the Dodger Stadium/Seattle comparison is to prove that in Adrian Beltre's world, pitcher's parks and hitter's parks don't mean fucking shit. It's "getting paid" versus "already got paid".

I can't wait to shove this back in your faces when he is sucking a fat dick all season long at the plate.

I'll be waiting, but don't go hiding if this turns out to be a good signing either.
Its a shame that all you care more about trying to prove your point, rather than being a fan.

monosylab1k
01-04-2011, 05:09 PM
I'll be waiting, but don't go hiding if this turns out to be a good signing either.
Its a shame that all you care more about trying to prove your point, rather than being a fan.

I'd love for Beltre to play great and prove me wrong. the problem is that IT WON'T FUCKING HAPPEN. I have years and years and years and years of evidence to back up my claims. You have two contract years and a bunch of rose colored glasses fanboy hopes to back up yours.

yavozerb
01-04-2011, 05:09 PM
http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/b/beltrad01.shtml

At dodger stadium Beltre hit 20+ hr's 4 out of 6 seasons (not counting rookie season), at seattle he hit 19+ hr's 4 out of 5 seasons, and his only season at boston he hit over 20 hr's as well. His only fluke season was his last year in LA with 40+ hr's and his average was above normal in boston thanks to the monster. Guy puts up steady numbers but if you want to focus on just those 2 seasons be my guest.

monosylab1k
01-04-2011, 05:11 PM
http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/b/beltrad01.shtml

At dodger stadium Beltre hit 20+ hr's 4 out of 6 seasons (not counting rookie season), at seattle he hit 19+ hr's 4 out of 5 seasons, and his only season at boston he hit over 20 hr's as well. His only fluke season was his last year in LA with 40+ hr's and his average was above normal in boston thanks to the monster. Guy puts up steady numbers but if you want to focus on just those 2 seasons be my guest.

In any of those non-contract years, has he EVER put up 100 million dollar player numbers?

yavozerb
01-04-2011, 05:23 PM
In any of those non-contract years, has he EVER put up 100 million dollar player numbers?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/baseball/mlb/01/04/rangers.beltre/index.html

1st off, it appears the Rangers are only on the hook for 5yrs 80 mil and the 6th is an option for the rangers. So the whole 100 mil. player is already getting old.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest_paid_baseball_players

Its baseball, do you really think any of these were 100 mil. players?

Phillip
01-04-2011, 05:30 PM
I don't like giving this much money either, but at the same time, getting him would pretty much guarantee the Rangers get back to the playoffs again next year by improving the team and screwing the Angels. If they can get to the playoffs with some kind of consistency, then signings like this will more than pay for themselves. Their focus needs to be on getting this franchise up to a level of more positive consistency.

JamStone
01-04-2011, 05:53 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/baseball/mlb/01/04/rangers.beltre/index.html

1st off, it appears the Rangers are only on the hook for 5yrs 80 mil and the 6th is an option for the rangers. So the whole 100 mil. player is already getting old.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest_paid_baseball_players

Its baseball, do you really think any of these were 100 mil. players?

That list at the top shows players that have earned over $100 million over their entire careers. Many of those players didn't earn $100 million over 6 seasons.

Just FYI.

edit: sorry, I didn't see the bottom. At the bottom of the link, it shows $100 million contract. I would probably say most of them came close to deserving their contracts. But there are definitely busts too, like Soriano, Hampton, Barry Zito, Vernon Wells. Werth doesn't deserve his contract imo. But a lot of those guys seem to be the type of stars who do.

Beltre to me has the look of a $10 million a year type of player. But that's just me.

yavozerb
01-04-2011, 06:29 PM
That list at the top shows players that have earned over $100 million over their entire careers. Many of those players didn't earn $100 million over 6 seasons.

Just FYI.

edit: sorry, I didn't see the bottom. At the bottom of the link, it shows $100 million contract. I would probably say most of them came close to deserving their contracts. But there are definitely busts too, like Soriano, Hampton, Barry Zito, Vernon Wells. Werth doesn't deserve his contract imo. But a lot of those guys seem to be the type of stars who do.

Beltre to me has the look of a $10 million a year type of player. But that's just me.

Thanks for the correction...I agree with your opinion and how much beltre is probably worth. But, when was the last time when a top5 summer FA didnt get overpaid. Lets hope the Rangers farm system keeps producing good mlb talent so they do not have to dip into FA very much.

BUMP
01-04-2011, 07:05 PM
I don't like giving this much money either, but at the same time, getting him would pretty much guarantee the Rangers get back to the playoffs again next year by improving the team and screwing the Angels. If they can get to the playoffs with some kind of consistency, then signings like this will more than pay for themselves. Their focus needs to be on getting this franchise up to a level of more positive consistency.

I think the Angels are seriously declining too but you're forgetting about the A's scroh.

They remind me of the Giants of a few years back. Like those Giants, they had a ton of young stud pitchers that keep them in every game. All they have to do is sign a few veteran quality bats and they can beat anybody. They will be tough this year for sure.

Texas Chili Dog
01-04-2011, 07:16 PM
I hope the rest of the Rangers know about Beltre's issue of being rubbed on the head. lol

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/509924/baseballbeltrehead.jpg

JamStone
01-04-2011, 07:26 PM
I think the Angels are seriously declining too but you're forgetting about the A's scroh.

They remind me of the Giants of a few years back. Like those Giants, they had a ton of young stud pitchers that keep them in every game. All they have to do is sign a few veteran quality bats and they can beat anybody. They will be tough this year for sure.

That's actually a pretty interesting comparison. And they have added a few under-the-radar bats in David DeJesus, Josh Willingham, and Hideki. Their offense may be inconsistent but it shouldn't be as putrid as the last few years. I like those moves they made because they were affordable for their franchise and for the most part they're low risk and high reward moves. DeJesus is a guy I wanted my team to go after in a trade.

And they do have a heck of a young starting rotation. Cahill, Braden, Anderson, and Gio Gonzalez is a stud in the making. Lol Rich Harden is probably the worst of the five starters, and if he could ever get consistent command he'd be one of the nastiest starting pitchers out there too.

I just think it's hard to predict a Giants type of season from any team because I really do think that San Francisco just caught lightning in a bottle. And they needed help from the Padres to even get to the post season. The Padres just fucking choked. But I can't imagine another team doing what the Giants did last season with that mediocre of a line-up, relying so much out of their starting pitching. I guess it's possible. I just don't. They basically had Huff and Posey and a patchwork of scrubs and past their prime guys. Even Panda had a pretty pedestrian year. Not 1 100 RBI guy, heck not even a 90 RBI guy. Posey the only .300 hitter. No 30 HR hitter. Huff the only guy who scored 100 runs. It was really a bad offense. 9th in the National League in runs scored and RBIs. 8th in OPS. Really a middle of the pack offense, even for the National League.

I'm still pretty amazed they won it all.

I'd be surprised to see that type of run again by another team.

monosylab1k
01-04-2011, 07:40 PM
Thanks for the correction...I agree with your opinion and how much beltre is probably worth. But, when was the last time when a top5 summer FA didnt get overpaid. Lets hope the Rangers farm system keeps producing good mlb talent so they do not have to dip into FA very much.

lol @ how quickly you're backtracking.

page 1 of this thread "such a great fuckin signing :cry"
page 2 of this thread "hopefully the Rangers don't overpay for guys like this very much :cry"

BUMP
01-04-2011, 09:56 PM
That's actually a pretty interesting comparison. And they have added a few under-the-radar bats in David DeJesus, Josh Willingham, and Hideki. Their offense may be inconsistent but it shouldn't be as putrid as the last few years. I like those moves they made because they were affordable for their franchise and for the most part they're low risk and high reward moves. DeJesus is a guy I wanted my team to go after in a trade.

And they do have a heck of a young starting rotation. Cahill, Braden, Anderson, and Gio Gonzalez is a stud in the making. Lol Rich Harden is probably the worst of the five starters, and if he could ever get consistent command he'd be one of the nastiest starting pitchers out there too.

I just think it's hard to predict a Giants type of season from any team because I really do think that San Francisco just caught lightning in a bottle. And they needed help from the Padres to even get to the post season. The Padres just fucking choked. But I can't imagine another team doing what the Giants did last season with that mediocre of a line-up, relying so much out of their starting pitching. I guess it's possible. I just don't. They basically had Huff and Posey and a patchwork of scrubs and past their prime guys. Even Panda had a pretty pedestrian year. Not 1 100 RBI guy, heck not even a 90 RBI guy. Posey the only .300 hitter. No 30 HR hitter. Huff the only guy who scored 100 runs. It was really a bad offense. 9th in the National League in runs scored and RBIs. 8th in OPS. Really a middle of the pack offense, even for the National League.

I'm still pretty amazed they won it all.

I'd be surprised to see that type of run again by another team.

my nigga Stone, bringing the goods (par the course, the usual, tree of woe, etc.)

It's highly unlikely that the A's can win the World Series, but winning the AL West isn't too much of a stretch. They finished 2nd and passed the Angels at the very end which few people realized or cared about. Not to mention they gave the Rangers more then they could handle head to head. This division will definitely be a lot closer than people think now that we lost Cliff Lee. The A's will challenge for 1st place and then Angels still have the best coach in the division so they will compete as well.

Texas Chili Dog
01-05-2011, 12:49 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/mlb/news/story?id=5989768

Beltre is in Dallas undergoing a physical, which is the last step to completing the deal.

yavozerb
01-05-2011, 01:33 AM
lol @ how quickly you're backtracking.

page 1 of this thread "such a great fuckin signing :cry"
page 2 of this thread "hopefully the Rangers don't overpay for guys like this very much :cry"

:lol, you truly are one of the dumbest posters on ST..I will state what I have stated all along: great signing for defensive help, great signing if young is indeed going to the DH spot, great signing to weaken the Angels for the coming season, and probably overpaid a little but you do what you need to do to win now. I cannot state my case on this any simpler for you (even for you this should be understandable).

EricB
01-05-2011, 01:39 AM
Good move in this, it strengthens the defense to the point where its arguable that they have one of the best defensive fielding infields in baseball.

Second Beltre while not at the Dodger level is more along the lines of what he showed last year maybe more cause IMO RBIA is more of a hitters park than Fenway.

Moves young to the DH super utility role, the offense goes up and is more consistent as well.

Good move, even better keeping Anaheim from getting him.

Now it allows you to package some prospects for a Matt Garza.

Right now a solid offseason getting a stud bullpen guy in Rhodes and good third baseman in Beltre.

EricB
01-05-2011, 01:40 AM
:lol, you truly are one of the dumbest posters on ST..I will state what I have stated all along: great signing for defensive help, great signing if young is indeed going to the DH spot, great signing to weaken the Angels for the coming season, and probably overpaid a little but you do what you need to do to win now. I cannot state my case on this any simpler for you (even for you this should be understandable).

Agreed 100%

You got the big ass TV contract and said you'd raise payroll, time to back it up and good move doing it.

jjktkk
01-05-2011, 01:52 AM
I'd love for Beltre to play great and prove me wrong. the problem is that IT WON'T FUCKING HAPPEN. I have years and years and years and years of evidence to back up my claims. You have two contract years and a bunch of rose colored glasses fanboy hopes to back up yours.

Your problem is you look thru monosylab1k glasses. I live in the Seattle area and have seen Beltre play in person. The pros outweigh the cons IMO, with the Beltre signing. Your so called "years and years and years and years of evidence", is something for fantasy stat geeks to whack off on. Don't assume you know more about baseball than the nexy guy. It makes you look foolish.

Jose Canseco
01-05-2011, 09:39 AM
So Seattle fans were cool with Beltre all those years hitting .260 on a shitty team because he played really good defense and he would bomb 20-25 HRs? Heck if Jack Wilson could hit some homeruns they'd probably love him too then.

With Beltre, it's not really about talent. He's obviously extremely talented, especially defensively. It's about maximum effort. His prime years should have resembled Scott Rolen's prime years. Instead, his prime years resembled more like a disgruntled Rolen in his later St. Louis days.

I think the best part of the signing is keeping him from the Angels. However, I have to wonder at his price tag if that reason alone would make it worth it. I'm sure the Angels thought they were weakening the Rangers when they gave Gary Matthews, Jr. that $10 million a year contract. I know Matthews never had the power numbers Beltre has put up, but if the best thing about a signing is keeping that player from a divisional rival, you might want to reconsider. I guess he does help defensively, but with all the great hitters already in the Rangers line-up, perhaps $15+ million a year would have been better spent upgrading the rotation.

yavozerb
01-05-2011, 10:54 AM
So Seattle fans were cool with Beltre all those years hitting .260 on a shitty team because he played really good defense and he would bomb 20-25 HRs? Heck if Jack Wilson could hit some homeruns they'd probably love him too then.

With Beltre, it's not really about talent. He's obviously extremely talented, especially defensively. It's about maximum effort. His prime years should have resembled Scott Rolen's prime years. Instead, his prime years resembled more like a disgruntled Rolen in his later St. Louis days.

I think the best part of the signing is keeping him from the Angels. However, I have to wonder at his price tag if that reason alone would make it worth it. I'm sure the Angels thought they were weakening the Rangers when they gave Gary Matthews, Jr. that $10 million a year contract. I know Matthews never had the power numbers Beltre has put up, but if the best thing about a signing is keeping that player from a divisional rival, you might want to reconsider. I guess he does help defensively, but with all the great hitters already in the Rangers line-up, perhaps $15+ million a year would have been better spent upgrading the rotation.

Just wondering who you had in mind other than cliff lee (which they tried and were unable to sign) this summer?

Phillip
01-05-2011, 11:00 AM
my nigga Stone, bringing the goods (par the course, the usual, tree of woe, etc.)

It's highly unlikely that the A's can win the World Series, but winning the AL West isn't too much of a stretch. They finished 2nd and passed the Angels at the very end which few people realized or cared about. Not to mention they gave the Rangers more then they could handle head to head. This division will definitely be a lot closer than people think now that we lost Cliff Lee. The A's will challenge for 1st place and then Angels still have the best coach in the division so they will compete as well.

Cliff Lee didn't do much to help the Rangers in the regular season.

I think all the injuries to guys like Cruz, Kinsler, and Hamilton hurt the Rangers quite a bit in their final record, as they could have likely won several more games had those guys all not been out for so long. If the Rangers can generally stay healthy for the year, I don't see how the A's would have a shot.

monosylab1k
01-05-2011, 11:16 AM
probably overpaid a little

A LITTLE ??!?!?!?!?!?!?!
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao you're fucking retarded if you think he's overpaid "a little"

again, this thread will be bumped in June when Beltre is hitting below .250 and not doing jack shit at the plate.

monosylab1k
01-05-2011, 11:18 AM
Your problem is you look thru monosylab1k glasses. I live in the Seattle area and have seen Beltre play in person. The pros outweigh the cons IMO, with the Beltre signing. Your so called "years and years and years and years of evidence", is something for fantasy stat geeks to whack off on. Don't assume you know more about baseball than the nexy guy. It makes you look foolish.

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

me too. in fact, not only did I live in Seattle, but I was working in the Mariners front office at the time. Everybody in the front office hated Adrian Beltre. Don't assume you know more about baseball than the next guy. It makes you look foolish.

monosylab1k
01-05-2011, 11:20 AM
So Seattle fans were cool with Beltre all those years hitting .260 on a shitty team because he played really good defense and he would bomb 20-25 HRs?

:lmao Jam with the goods.

This is like Mavs fans who defended the Dampier signing by saying "But he sets great picks!"

Jose Canseco
01-05-2011, 11:42 AM
Just wondering who you had in mind other than cliff lee (which they tried and were unable to sign) this summer?

I don't know how much Pavano is looking for, but I'd guess it would be less than $15 million a year, perhaps significantly less and most likely wouldn't demand 6 years. Would leave extra money to work with. Jeff Francis, Chris young are still out there and can had for cheap to help create some competition in spring.

I don't think Beltre is a bad player. He's good. I just think that the Rangers should have focused spending that amount of money elsewhere. Beltre does help defensively and he should drive in some runs especially with the guys that will hit ahead of him. But when you look at things in totality, the amount and length of the contract, Beltre's track record to coast until contract years, the need to fortify the rotation, if you weigh all of that, is it a good signing? I guess the answer is different to each person.

TheMACHINE
01-05-2011, 01:56 PM
6/96? ouch.

jjktkk
01-05-2011, 03:03 PM
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

me too. in fact, not only did I live in Seattle, but I was working in the Mariners front office at the time. Everybody in the front office hated Adrian Beltre. Don't assume you know more about baseball than the next guy. It makes you look foolish.

So, if you worked in the Mariners front office, you would know the Mariners , other than Ichiro, never sourround Beltre with any bats. Beltrea cannot be a teams lone offensive threat. Add in the fact that Safeco Field is a pitcher's park, and you can see why Beltre put up pedestrain numbers. Beltre should thrive playing with the Rangers. He will be surrounded by Hamilton, Cruz, Kinsler, etc... and should put up solid numbers in that ballpark. Yes its a big gamble, but I applaud the Rangers for going all in on Beltre.

jjktkk
01-05-2011, 03:09 PM
I don't know how much Pavano is looking for, but I'd guess it would be less than $15 million a year, perhaps significantly less and most likely wouldn't demand 6 years. Would leave extra money to work with. Jeff Francis, Chris young are still out there and can had for cheap to help create some competition in spring.

I don't think Beltre is a bad player. He's good. I just think that the Rangers should have focused spending that amount of money elsewhere. Beltre does help defensively and he should drive in some runs especially with the guys that will hit ahead of him. But when you look at things in totality, the amount and length of the contract, Beltre's track record to coast until contract years, the need to fortify the rotation, if you weigh all of that, is it a good signing? I guess the answer is different to each person.

Good points, but Is Pavano, Francis, and Young better than anyone currently on the Rangers staff? Is Pavano better than C.J. Wilson? I personally wouldn't shell out big money to Pavano, no more than 5 mil. I trust Nolan Ryan, Mark Maddox, and the Rangers scouting department, when it comes to evaluating pitchers. The Beltre signing is a big gamble, but IMO, the pros outwiegh the cons.

BUMP
01-05-2011, 03:09 PM
So, if you worked in the Mariners front office, you would know the Mariners , other than Ichiro, never sourround Beltre with any bats. Beltrea cannot be a teams lone offensive threat. Add in the fact that Safeco Field is a pitcher's park, and you can see why Beltre put up pedestrain numbers. Beltre should thrive playing with the Rangers. He will be surrounded by Hamilton, Cruz, Kinsler, etc... and should put up solid numbers in that ballpark. Yes its a big gamble, but I applaud the Rangers for going all in on Beltre.

tbh, the 2007/2008 Mariners had an underrated lineup that consisted of almost all .275 or greater hitters. With the exception of Richie Sexson. That seems like a lineup that a power hitter would thrive in

Jose Canseco
01-05-2011, 03:28 PM
Beltre had decent protection in Seattle, especially when he first got there when Sexson was still hitting 35 HRs and driving 100+ runs in, Raul Ibanez being a pretty consistent bat good for 20+ HR and 90 RBI, and Jose Guillen for I believe one season. Not exactly great batting average bats, but they did supply protection with some power. And didn't Beltre hit second in Seattle? That's actually more protection than he had with the Dodgers the year he hit 48 HRs, 121 RBIs, and .334 where he was surrounded by an average Shawn Green at that point and Juan Encarnacion. So if Beltre was capable of having that type of season protected by those guys, Ichiro, Raul Ibanez, and Richie Sexson should be adequate enough.

But let's say you're right that he didn't have enough around him. If a player needs great bats around him to produce, is he really worth $16 million a year? He and Michael Young will be the highest paid players on the Rangers. Do either deserve to be?

jjktkk
01-05-2011, 03:57 PM
But let's say you're right that he didn't have enough around him. If a player needs great bats around him to produce, is he really worth $16 million a year? He and Michael Young will be the highest paid players on the Rangers. Do either deserve to be?

No, Beltre is not worth 16 mil. a year. Young is overpaid as well. But, unforunately in today's Baseball landscape, thats the way baseball is conducted.

jjktkk
01-05-2011, 04:00 PM
tbh, the 2007/2008 Mariners had an underrated lineup that consisted of almost all .275 or greater hitters. With the exception of Richie Sexson. That seems like a lineup that a power hitter would thrive in

tbh, you can't really compare that Mariner's lineup with the current Ranger's lineup with a straight face can you? With also factoring in the Mariner's and Ranger's ballparks?

Texas Chili Dog
01-05-2011, 04:26 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/texas-rangers/post/_/id/4859293/michael-young-could-play-first-base

Michael Young could play first base

ARLINGTON, Texas – Rangers manager Ron Washington said Wednesday that the club plans on working out Michael Young at first base during spring training so that he can play all of the infield positions as part of his super utility/DH role.

"We are certainly going to give him an opportunity in spring training to work out there and you probably will see him get some opportunities there," Washington said.

Washington said Young would not play the outfield.

"He’s going to be my DH and he’ll get opportunities to move around the infield," Washington said. "He'll get his at-bats and get a chance to be very versatile."

Jose Canseco
01-05-2011, 04:28 PM
My thing with Beltre is that the 2004 Dodger season and last season with Boston are really, really damning evidence to Beltre's motivation, work ethic, and professionalism. Some might argue that the 2004 season was just a fluke season where everything just came together for him. To me, I don't look at just the 48 homeruns, but the .334 batting average. It's one thing if Beltre all of a sudden decided to try to swing for the fences every at-bat, maybe even at the tail end of the steroid era, he got a boost. But, what's telling from that season is that he hit .334, only struck out 87 times in over 650 plate appearances, had 200 hits. That's not a guy like Jose Bautista who just goes up to the plate trying to rake every pitch. That's a guy completely locked in and maximizing his potential.

Should he hit .334 with 48 HRs every year? No of course not. But how about consistently hitting 30-35 HRs and hit .300? Instead, he's been a .260-.270 with 20-25 hitter most of his career. He's proven he has more talent than that. So it has to be his drive, his motivation, his focus.

But even then, last year proved it even more. You can chalk it up to playing in Fenway, but he had 15 HRs on the road, 13 at home so it wasn't just about Fenway. And what's more is the .321 BA. If he can hit .321 and .334 in contract years, why is he a .264 hitter the rest of his career?

I definitely think it's appropriate to question his drive now that he's paid and it's likely his last big contract.

jjktkk
01-05-2011, 04:56 PM
My thing with Beltre is that the 2004 Dodger season and last season with Boston are really, really damning evidence to Beltre's motivation, work ethic, and professionalism. Some might argue that the 2004 season was just a fluke season where everything just came together for him. To me, I don't look at just the 48 homeruns, but the .334 batting average. It's one thing if Beltre all of a sudden decided to try to swing for the fences every at-bat, maybe even at the tail end of the steroid era, he got a boost. But, what's telling from that season is that he hit .334, only struck out 87 times in over 650 plate appearances, had 200 hits. That's not a guy like Jose Bautista who just goes up to the plate trying to rake every pitch. That's a guy completely locked in and maximizing his potential.

Should he hit .334 with 48 HRs every year? No of course not. But how about consistently hitting 30-35 HRs and hit .300? Instead, he's been a .260-.270 with 20-25 hitter most of his career. He's proven he has more talent than that. So it has to be his drive, his motivation, his focus.

But even then, last year proved it even more. You can chalk it up to playing in Fenway, but he had 15 HRs on the road, 13 at home so it wasn't just about Fenway. And what's more is the .321 BA. If he can hit .321 and .334 in contract years, why is he a .264 hitter the rest of his career?

I definitely think it's appropriate to question his drive now that he's paid and it's likely his last big contract.

The numbers back up what your saying. My hope is some of that is maturity issues, and I also hope that Beltre is energized with playing in a great hitters ballpark and with a contender.

monosylab1k
01-05-2011, 05:03 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/texas-rangers/post/_/id/4859293/michael-young-could-play-first-base

Michael Young could play first base

ARLINGTON, Texas – Rangers manager Ron Washington said Wednesday that the club plans on working out Michael Young at first base during spring training so that he can play all of the infield positions as part of his super utility/DH role.

"We are certainly going to give him an opportunity in spring training to work out there and you probably will see him get some opportunities there," Washington said.

Washington said Young would not play the outfield.

"He’s going to be my DH and he’ll get opportunities to move around the infield," Washington said. "He'll get his at-bats and get a chance to be very versatile."

tbh I'd be more apt to like the Beltre deal if Evan Grant's hypothetical could come to fruition.

He was talking about Young at 1B full time, which would mean the Rangers could make an offer of Moreland/Holland/etc for Matt Garza.

If that happens, then the Beltre deal is worth it. Until then, fuck no.

monosylab1k
01-05-2011, 05:05 PM
My hope is some of that is maturity issues

Well the dude still freaks out whenever people touch his fucking head and he refuses to wear a cup playing 3rd base, I doubt he's going to suddenly mature into a rational human being any time soon.

BUMP
01-05-2011, 05:47 PM
If that story about Young is true splitting time at 1st base with Moreland, then we'll have the most versatile/dangerous lineup in all of baseball, especially if we hold on to Vlad. Say what you want about Vlad's drop in production last year but bringing a guy with that kind of calibre off the bench along with Michael Young, Mitch Moreland, Murphy, and Borbon and that's just scary.

We staaaaaaaaaaaaacked

Texas Chili Dog
01-05-2011, 06:39 PM
Well the dude still freaks out whenever people touch his fucking head and he refuses to wear a cup playing 3rd base, I doubt he's going to suddenly mature into a rational human being any time soon.

I'm anxious to see what unfolds when/if Beltre hits a walkoff home run this season.

http://www.runemasterstudios.com/graemlins/images/popcorn.gif

jjktkk
01-05-2011, 07:45 PM
If that story about Young is true splitting time at 1st base with Moreland, then we'll have the most versatile/dangerous lineup in all of baseball, especially if we hold on to Vlad. Say what you want about Vlad's drop in production last year but bringing a guy with that kind of calibre off the bench along with Michael Young, Mitch Moreland, Murphy, and Borbon and that's just scary.

+1.

We staaaaaaaaaaaaacked

BUMP
01-06-2011, 01:28 AM
tbh, you can't really compare that Mariner's lineup with the current Ranger's lineup with a straight face can you? With also factoring in the Mariner's and Ranger's ballparks?

Hell no. But I was addressing the guy who said the Mariners had no hitters around him. A lot of people think the Mariners have sucked for awhile but in 2007 they finished with 88 wins and were primarily dependent on offense which consisted of 8/9 of the guys in the lineup hitting .275 or better.

LakerHater
01-18-2011, 12:23 AM
I hope the rest of the Rangers know about Beltre's issue of being rubbed on the head. lol

Yeah, whats up with that?

Zelophehad
01-18-2011, 07:28 PM
The Red Sox made kind of a joke of it with Martinez touching his head a lot just to fuck with him and afaik it never became a real problem. Besides, if it bothers the guy just don't do it.

yavozerb
04-02-2011, 11:37 PM
Two months into the season, the Rangers and every Ranger fan will regret this. After all he's done to screw us over, I don't know why the Rangers FO would want to deal with any client represented by The Baseball Antichrist.

:stfu, keep it coming Beltre...

monosylab1k
04-04-2011, 09:56 AM
:stfu, keep it coming Beltre...

:lmao 3 games into a 162 game season. Tbh i was wondering which Beltre salad tosser would be the dumbass to bump this thread after the GS

yavozerb
04-04-2011, 10:43 AM
:lmao 3 games into a 162 game season. Tbh i was wondering which Beltre salad tosser would be the dumbass to bump this thread after the GS

Well right now you are the dumbass my friend until this guy lays an egg like you predicted...Your status could possibly change but until then, :idiot......

Kyle Orton
04-04-2011, 10:11 PM
Well right now you are the dumbass my friend until this guy lays an egg like you predicted...Your status could possibly change but until then, :idiot......

Beltre is currently batting .118, bad mistake to premature ejaculate after one fucking home run :lmao

yavozerb
04-04-2011, 10:13 PM
Beltre is currently batting .118, bad mistake to premature ejaculate after one fucking home run :lmao

:lol.....Beltre is hitting the ball very hard almost every at bat this season..Not worried one bit about his average but yes it VERY early..

Kyle Orton
04-04-2011, 10:20 PM
:lmao hitting the ball "very hard". He's batting fucking .118, how "hard" he's hitting the ball doesn't change that. :lmao:lmao:lmao "very hard" being your best comeback, lol getting that desperate defending this premature ejaculation about Beltre.

yavozerb
04-04-2011, 10:28 PM
:lmao hitting the ball "very hard". He's batting fucking .118, how "hard" he's hitting the ball doesn't change that. :lmao:lmao:lmao "very hard" being your best comeback, lol getting that desperate defending this premature ejaculation about Beltre.

Have you even seen any games? If you had seen some games you will see that beltre is knocking the ball around but unfortunatly is not finding the holes in the defense..If you actually knew anything about baseball you would realize there is a huge difference between batting .118 and not hitting the ball rather than hitting the ball very well but right at defenders. Baseball is game of percentages and as long as Beltre keeps hitting well his average will come around. Even with his % being low how many other mlb players have 4rbi's? Just wondering

monosylab1k
04-04-2011, 11:08 PM
Even with his % being low how many other mlb players have 4rbi's?

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Kyle Orton
04-04-2011, 11:16 PM
Have you even seen any games? If you had seen some games you will see that beltre is knocking the ball around but unfortunatly is not finding the holes in the defense..If you actually knew anything about baseball you would realize there is a huge difference between batting .118 and not hitting the ball rather than hitting the ball very well but right at defenders. Baseball is game of percentages and as long as Beltre keeps hitting well his average will come around. Even with his % being low how many other mlb players have 4rbi's? Just wondering

I understand baseball well enough to know .118 sucks royal dick regardless of how "hard" the ball is hit. You don't, I guess.

yavozerb
04-05-2011, 08:40 AM
I understand baseball well enough to know .118 sucks royal dick regardless of how "hard" the ball is hit. You don't, I guess.

:lol, beltre was at.240 following the grand slam and 2 hitless games dropped more to .118 (17 ab's)..Not too worried about BA with Beltre and expect him to be around .250 by months end. Not sure what hole you came from since I rarely see you post about the rangers but you can go back now.

strosFan2
04-05-2011, 09:01 AM
:lol, beltre was at.240 following the grand slam and 2 hitless games dropped more to .118 (17 ab's)..Not too worried about BA with Beltre and expect him to be around .250 by months end. Not sure what hole you came from since I rarely see you post about the rangers but you can go back now.

:lol :toast I second that about Beltre

Kyle Orton
04-05-2011, 10:02 AM
I don't care about the Rangers. They're gonna win their division in a cake walk this season regardless of Beltre. I'm just laughing at anyone who thinks one of the most famous contract year whores in professional sports was gonna live up to the long term deal he was given based off production during a contract year.

Why do you think he was basically Boston's best and most consistent batter last year, yet they more or less let him leave for nothing in spite of that without making any effort to resign him? It's not like they can't afford it, and it's not like they had someone waiting on the wings at 3rd (Youkilis had to move over to 3rd to fill the void). Does it not seem odd to you that Beltre can have an extremely productive season at the plate while playing gold glove type defense at 3rd, but his team never goes out of its way to resign him?

Whisky Dog
04-05-2011, 10:18 AM
The defense is what they signed him for. I'm still not sold on the signing, but the reason they got him was for his glove at 3rd and not the bat. In this lineup he doesn't have to e the most consistent hitter, just get on base and get some timely hits.

You can't start looking at batting average 4 games into a season. Wait at least a month then look to see where guys are at. 4 games is too short to get trends, we know Nelly isn't going to jack 162 homers this season.

Fpoonsie
04-05-2011, 10:44 AM
we know Nelly isn't going to jack 162 homers this season.

:madrun But he's on paaaaaace!!! :madrun

yavozerb
04-05-2011, 11:28 AM
I don't care about the Rangers. They're gonna win their division in a cake walk this season regardless of Beltre. I'm just laughing at anyone who thinks one of the most famous contract year whores in professional sports was gonna live up to the long term deal he was given based off production during a contract year.

Why do you think he was basically Boston's best and most consistent batter last year, yet they more or less let him leave for nothing in spite of that without making any effort to resign him? It's not like they can't afford it, and it's not like they had someone waiting on the wings at 3rd (Youkilis had to move over to 3rd to fill the void). Does it not seem odd to you that Beltre can have an extremely productive season at the plate while playing gold glove type defense at 3rd, but his team never goes out of its way to resign him?

You have already answered your own question. With Youk on the roster, Boston already had there starting 3b and with the trade for Gonzales at 1b Beltre was not needed anymore.Youk is a much better hitter than Beltre and although not as good defensivly as Beltre is still average at that spot. I have never justified the amount of $ Beltre got for his contract, but with rangers needing a 3b very badly it seems they were willing to overpay for this position out of need (ala Richard Jefferson).

Kyle Orton
04-05-2011, 08:57 PM
You have already answered your own question. With Youk on the roster, Boston already had there starting 3b and with the trade for Gonzales at 1b Beltre was not needed anymore.Youk is a much better hitter than Beltre and although not as good defensivly as Beltre is still average at that spot. I have never justified the amount of $ Beltre got for his contract, but with rangers needing a 3b very badly it seems they were willing to overpay for this position out of need (ala Richard Jefferson).

OK, so you admit it's a bad contract way above what Beltre is really worth.

Thanks for playing. I never denied Beltre is capable of having a .255, 23 homer, 82 RBI season.

And no, Youk was not "their starting 3b". He's played 1B his entire career, and has said that he hates playing 3rd but will do it if the they need him to. He's not a natural 3rd baseman by any stretch of the imagination.

monosylab1k
04-05-2011, 10:08 PM
The defense is what they signed him for. I'm still not sold on the signing, but the reason they got him was for his glove at 3rd and not the bat.

You don't sign a 3rd baseman that much money for defense only. Fuck, you don't even PLAY a 3rd baseman regularly if it's only for his defense. It's hard enough to even justify doing that with a 2B or SS.

You've gotta have solid hitting from the corner infield spots, that's just the way baseball is. If they have Moreland and Beltre aren't reasonably productive at the bat, this team is going to have problems in the long run.

monosylab1k
04-05-2011, 10:13 PM
(ala Richard Jefferson).

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao thanks for making our point for us.

monosylab1k
04-05-2011, 10:13 PM
The Rangers will regret giving Beltre this contractPERIOD

Axe Murderer
04-05-2011, 10:57 PM
:lmao:lmao:lmao = :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

The Reckoning
04-06-2011, 03:01 PM
beltre sucks. all he's done for my fantasies is hit the grand slam. terrible pick for me. overhyped, overrated and overpaid. fuck him.

dallaskd
04-06-2011, 03:19 PM
too early to judge the signing yet. dude just make a sick grab at third vs the mariners

stretch
04-06-2011, 03:41 PM
he almost certainly wont end up being worth THAT much money, but he most definitely will be a very key contributor to this team making a run back to the WS. Young's lack of range cost them several times through the playoffs, especially a few times in the WS.

yavozerb
04-06-2011, 04:14 PM
OK, so you admit it's a bad contract way above what Beltre is really worth.

Thanks for playing. I never denied Beltre is capable of having a .255, 23 homer, 82 RBI season.

And no, Youk was not "their starting 3b". He's played 1B his entire career, and has said that he hates playing 3rd but will do it if the they need him to. He's not a natural 3rd baseman by any stretch of the imagination.

Not sure if you realize but Youk entered the majors as a 3b and played all 65 games at 3b his rookie season. since then: 8 mlb seasons= 223 games at 3b. just saying

monosylab1k
04-06-2011, 06:26 PM
Not sure if you realize but Youk entered the majors as a 3b and played all 65 games at 3b his rookie season. since then: 8 mlb seasons= 223 games at 3b. just saying

8 mlb seasons = 1296 games

lol 223 games

but yeah, the red sox had "their natural starting 3B already" so they didn't overpay ridiculously for Beltre.

Texas Chili Dog
04-06-2011, 08:49 PM
http://i.min.us/ikpVOy.gif

yavozerb
04-18-2011, 09:17 PM

almost 1 month down...1 to go

Like i said, keep hitting the ball hard and good things will happen..

:toast...so far so good.

monosylab1k
04-18-2011, 10:55 PM
:lmao nice how you were quiet as fuck when he was hitting below the Mendoza line, now he has two nice games and you're bumping this thread :lmao get back to me when he shows some consistency at the plate. his hitting has been for shit besides power. If any other hitter getting paid that much money were hitting that inconsistently, they'd be getting raked over the coals.

Axe Murderer
04-19-2011, 12:45 AM
Good to see Davis come back and pick up where he left off last time he was called up.

I think this guy's days as a Ranger are numbered on one hand

yavozerb
04-19-2011, 06:58 AM
:lmao nice how you were quiet as fuck when he was hitting below the Mendoza line, now he has two nice games and you're bumping this thread :lmao get back to me when he shows some consistency at the plate. his hitting has been for shit besides power. If any other hitter getting paid that much money were hitting that inconsistently, they'd be getting raked over the coals.

Just cannot give the man any credit can you?.....Beltre and Young have carried this team for about a week now and you still are a hater, oh well...Never new hitting .280 with power was shit, now your sounding pretty desperate..

JamStone
04-19-2011, 10:39 AM
I think if Beltre keeps hitting for power and driving in runs like he has, you can forgive the BA a little bit. But not too much. And a .288 OBP is pathetic for any regular position player, much less one who gets paid like Beltre. 1 walk in the first 16 games? I know he's a free swinger and he doesn't necessarily strike out a lot, but he's got to show the ability to take some pitches. That will not only help his OBP but his BA as well.

He's been really good defensively and has provided good power with his bat. So as of now, I think the Rangers and Rangers fans should be happy with his acquisition... for now. But as for him and Young carrying the team for about a week, not sure if you want to use that for your argument. The Rangers have lost 4 of their last 6 over the last week. What does it say about Beltre's impact if he's hitting well and they're losing but when he wasn't hitting well they were winning? Pick and choose your arguments and your evidence better.

JamStone
04-19-2011, 12:10 PM
Fair point. But the last two games aside, Beltre hasn't really been "carrying" the team either. The thing that has been his saving grace is that when he has hit, it has been for power, hitting homers, and driving in runs. But even with the last two games, if you look at his season, you have to be careful not to get overly excited about his bat.

Not only 1 walk, but only 1 3 ball count all season (edit: 4 full counts, 1 3-0 and 3-1 count) my mistake
RISP: batting .200
7-9 innings: batting .158
when the game is "late & close": batting .167

I think his power, driving in runs, and his defense has been enough to give him time to see if he can continue that type of output. But it hasn't all been good. He hasn't been clutch and he doesn't take walks. Doesn't matter if the pitcher is throwing balls or strikes, he's going in there swinging. Not necessarily a bad thing. But the .266 BA and the .288 OBP definitely needs to improve.

yavozerb
04-19-2011, 12:42 PM
I think if Beltre keeps hitting for power and driving in runs like he has, you can forgive the BA a little bit. But not too much. And a .288 OBP is pathetic for any regular position player, much less one who gets paid like Beltre. 1 walk in the first 16 games? I know he's a free swinger and he doesn't necessarily strike out a lot, but he's got to show the ability to take some pitches. That will not only help his OBP but his BA as well.

He's been really good defensively and has provided good power with his bat. So as of now, I think the Rangers and Rangers fans should be happy with his acquisition... for now. But as for him and Young carrying the team for about a week, not sure if you want to use that for your argument. The Rangers have lost 4 of their last 6 over the last week. What does it say about Beltre's impact if he's hitting well and they're losing but when he wasn't hitting well they were winning? Pick and choose your arguments and your evidence better.

Fair point. But the last two games aside, Beltre hasn't really been "carrying" the team either. The thing that has been his saving grace is that when he has hit, it has been for power, hitting homers, and driving in runs. But even with the last two games, if you look at his season, you have to be careful not to get overly excited about his bat.

Not only 1 walk, but only 1 3 ball count all season (edit: 4 full counts, 1 3-0 and 3-1 count) my mistake
RISP: batting .200
7-9 innings: batting .158
when the game is "late & close": batting .167

I think his power, driving in runs, and his defense has been enough to give him time to see if he can continue that type of output. But it hasn't all been good. He hasn't been clutch and he doesn't take walks. Doesn't matter if the pitcher is throwing balls or strikes, he's going in there swinging. Not necessarily a bad thing. But the .266 BA and the .288 OBP definitely needs to improve.

I usually enjoy your basketball takes but you sound like a Beltre hater with these statements (like mono) and am simply waiting for him to fail..1st off the rangers in the last 9 games are 5-4 and during that time Beltre has the following stats: 14-36, 4hr, and 12rbi's,4 doubles, and 4 k's. Now you are telling me he has not been one the best hitters (if not the best) for the rangers over that period? I gurantee you with these numbers he was a big part in those 5 wins and the 4 losses were much closer thanks to his hitting. Beltre's career obp is around .320, so if you really want to find something to complain about then yes you are correct, he needs to raise this number a little but beltre is a contact hitter and always has been. Baseball is up and down since the season is so long, so to hear people bitch about Beltre when he is there best player right now is pretty funny and cannot wait till he is in a slump to see what is said..

fitzgerald
04-19-2011, 01:01 PM
Beltre looking good to me. No complaints. His defense has been awesome. His offense has been just as good. This lineup is looking sick. Wait till Josh gets going. I feel sorry for opposing pitchers later on in the season.

JamStone
04-19-2011, 01:02 PM
I don't have a stake in the Rangers. I'm not for or against Beltre. If anything, I'm just presenting a fairly objective opinion. I even said Rangers fans should be happy with Beltre so far. I pointed out a few things that may or may not be telling. His OBP, his clutch hitting. And I used the entire season, not just the "last week" or the "last 9 games" to make my point. You can try to skew it if you want to. It does no good for me because I could not care less either way. Beltre's defense and power have been his saving graces for what hasn't been as good a season as you want to make it seem like. Compare his RISP and clutch hitting to Michael Young. You'll see a huge difference.

Beltre is a good player. Anyone suggesting he sucks is dumb. But you are going crazy over a couple good games when for most of the season, he hasn't been all that great. You wanted to go back "9 games" conveniently after an 0-for-4 game and to include his 3 hit game against Baltimore. Heck most of that production in the "last 9 games" came from the last two games and the cut off games 9 games ago. The middle 6 games, he was 6-for-23, 1 HR, 2 RBIs. As we all know, we can all skew stats to make an argument.

His bat has been great the last two games. And his defense will be there all season long. As I said before, you have to hope he starts taking better ABs, taking pitches, earning walks, and hitting better in the clutch, because I doubt he's going to hit 50 homeruns and drive in 160 runs this year. If he can keep up that pace and do that, then everything I said about clutch hitting and taking walks and improving his BA and OBP is moot.

Do you think he'll go for 50 HR and 160 RBI this year?

yavozerb
04-19-2011, 01:14 PM
I don't have a stake in the Rangers. I'm not for or against Beltre. If anything, I'm just presenting a fairly objective opinion. I even said Rangers fans should be happy with Beltre so far. I pointed out a few things that may or may not be telling. His OBP, his clutch hitting. And I used the entire season, not just the "last week" or the "last 9 games" to make my point. You can try to skew it if you want to. It does no good for me because I could not care less either way. Beltre's defense and power have been his saving graces for what hasn't been as good a season as you want to make it seem like. Compare his RISP and clutch hitting to Michael Young. You'll see a huge difference.

Beltre is a good player. Anyone suggesting he sucks is dumb. But you are going crazy over a couple good games when for most of the season, he hasn't been all that great. You wanted to go back "9 games" conveniently after an 0-for-4 game and to include his 3 hit game against Baltimore. Heck most of that production in the "last 9 games" came from the last two games and the cut off games 9 games ago. The middle 6 games, he was 6-for-23, 1 HR, 2 RBIs. As we all know, we can all skew stats to make an argument.

His bat has been great the last two games. And his defense will be there all season long. As I said before, you have to hope he starts taking better ABs, taking pitches, earning walks, and hitting better in the clutch, because I doubt he's going to hit 50 homeruns and drive in 160 runs this year. If he can keep up that pace and do that, then everything I said about clutch hitting and taking walks and improving his BA and OBP is moot.

Do you think he'll go for 50 HR and 160 RBI this year?

I expect 25-30 hr's and 100+ rbi's this season from Beltre and I do not expect anything differently from his career .320 obp. I have seen all but 2 games this season and Beltre has been much better than "not that great" as you pointed out. He has pretty much closed off the entire lft side of the infield with Andrus and his bat has been above average. Not sure if you can follow him as closely as I have been but if you have not then to call his play "not great" is pretty meaningless cause most ranger fans will tell you he has been a big part for this good start for the rangers..

JamStone
04-19-2011, 01:27 PM
His "above average" bat has been based on 3 games and 1 other AB (his grandslam) in game 2. Only 3 games he's had more than 1 hit. Those same 3 games plus the grandslam game are the only games he had more than 1 RBI in a game. He started the season 3-for-29. His clutch hitting, RISP hitting, and OBP are bad for the caliber of player he is being paid to be.

He has only drove in 100+ runs twice in his career, both contract years. Take those contract years out, and he's a career .264 hitter and probably around a .310 OBP guy. Expecting him to hit 25 HRs is reasonable. In Arlington and if the guys ahead of him get on base, he could get 100 RBI but I wouldn't put money on it.

You jumped out of your seat over the grandslam. Then he proceeded to go 1-for-his-next-21. Now after two admittedly great hitting games, you're back to your "I told you so" talk. I'm just cautioning you. He's not going to hit for power all season long like that, not at this pace. As I said already, if he does, forget and disregard everything I said. But he better work on a few things because the power is saving him right now from otherwise a less than what you call "great" season at the plate.

yavozerb
04-19-2011, 01:41 PM
His "above average" bat has been based on 3 games and 1 other AB (his grandslam) in game 2. Only 3 games he's had more than 1 hit. Those same 3 games plus the grandslam are the only games he had more than 1 RBI. He started the season 3-for-29. His clutch hitting, RISP hitting, and OBP are bad for the caliber of player he is being paid to be.

He has only drove in 100+ runs twice in his career, both contract years. Take those contract years out, and he's a career .264 hitter and probably around a .310 OBP guy. Expecting him to hit 25 HRs is reasonable. In Arlington and if the guys ahead of him get on base, he could get 100 RBI but I wouldn't put money on it.

You jumped out of your seat over the grandslam. Then he proceeded to go 1-for-his-next-21. Now after two admittedly great hitting games, you're back to your "I told you so" talk. I'm just cautioning you. He's not going to hit for power all season long like that. As I said already, if he does, forget and disregard everything I said. But he better work on a few things because the power is saving him right now from otherwise a less than what you call "great" season at the plate.

This is baseball, streaks and slumps are part of the game in this long season...I bet more than 75% players in mlb will have a stretch of ab's 1-21 or worse in a season. I will keep being a Betre supporter as long as he plays well and will be the 1st to call out the guy the moment he does not play well. It sounds like you will always find something wrong with him (obp, really) even when he is playing well and thats ok...:toast

JamStone
04-19-2011, 02:03 PM
But you weren't the 1st to call him out after his 3-for-29 start. You only chimed in when he hit that grandslam, and now after the last two games.

16 games in the season. All of his production are from 4 of the 16 games.

4 big games: 9 for 18, 4 HR, 14 RBI
the other 12 games: 8 for 46, 1 HR, 2 RBI

Sure baseball us a rollercoaster of ups and downs. Sure there are hot streaks and slumps. Everyone understands that. Yet you seem to only want to talk about Beltre when he's going well. You didn't criticize his start. You didn't talk about Beltre hitting .107 7 games into the season. You aren't talking about his lack of clutch hitting or his inability to draw a walk.

1st to call him out? based on your posts in this thread, seems pretty unlikely.

Mind you, the first post I made today, I specifically said Rangers fans should be happy with Beltre so far. I've pointed out things to look for as possible issues going forward.

yavozerb
04-19-2011, 04:15 PM
But you weren't the 1st to call him out after his 3-for-29 start. You only chimed in when he hit that grandslam, and now after the last two games.

16 games in the season. All of his production are from 4 of the 16 games.

4 big games: 9 for 18, 4 HR, 14 RBI
the other 12 games: 8 for 46, 1 HR, 2 RBI

Sure baseball us a rollercoaster of ups and downs. Sure there are hot streaks and slumps. Everyone understands that. Yet you seem to only want to talk about Beltre when he's going well. You didn't criticize his start. You didn't talk about Beltre hitting .107 7 games into the season. You aren't talking about his lack of clutch hitting or his inability to draw a walk.

1st to call him out? based on your posts in this thread, seems pretty unlikely.

Mind you, the first post I made today, I specifically said Rangers fans should be happy with Beltre so far. I've pointed out things to look for as possible issues going forward.

hmmm, of course I was praising Beltre on his grandslam due to it being a huge hit to win a game at the time and I did admit he was hitting at that time .140, but I also stated he would be hitting .280 by the end of april which looks like it will be true cause that is what good baseball players do. They follow slumps with hot streaks and all along even during the cold streak his outs were solid hit balls just simply at fielders. You never answered my question if you have seen any games this season for the rangers? If you had then would have also seen that beltre was going to go on a tear since he was hitting the ball so well early even though they were outs. This is not basketball where you average pts every game..In a 4 game stretch if a player can go 8 for 16 then go cold for 12 games which leads to 10 for 48 stretch then the player still will average > .280for that 16 games. Not sure if you realize but if an mlb player can get hot fior 4 games every 16 game stretch that player will probably be an all-star by yrs end...

JamStone
04-20-2011, 11:57 AM
I watched all three games the Rangers played against Detroit. I watched another one against the Yankees on ESPN. Other than that, no, I haven't watched the Rangers this season. I would agree with your inference that stats don't tell the entire story. I don't know how many of his outs are "hard hit line drives right at fielders." In the Detroit series, he wasn't really much of a threat. Don't remember him much at all really.

But hey I'll say it again, When I first posted yesterday, I specifically stated that Rangers fans should be happy so far. And I've said it multiple times already that all I'm doing is pointing at things that should caution your excitement. A hot power hitter will eventually go through a slump. When that happens, can that hitter be patient enough to take a walk instead of continuing to swing for the fences? When that hitter shorter his swing? Can that hitter give himself up with a sacrifice flyball to get the RBI instead of trying to get a base hit to do the job? That's something you absolutely should look at with Beltre.

But like I said, if he continues to rake like he has so far, forget all the criticisms and concerns I've mentioned. If he puts up 45+ HRs and 120+ RBI at the end of the season, I won't criticize him if he hits .250 or lower and has a OBP of only around .300. The power and run production would trump those things. But if you're not concerned about his clutch hitting and OBP, then I think you're already in the mindset that he's going to put up monster power and run numbers for the season. My guess it's naive to believe that.

So I answered your question. You can answer my following question. When he started 3-for-29 for the season, what were you thinking about Beltre? What did you think when his BA dipped to .107? Did you think he'd be fine? Were you disappointed at all? Or did you truly believe he'd come around and start hitting for power the way he has? As much as you seem to think some people are just being haters, you seem only to want to say something when he's had a good game or had a big hit.

yavozerb
04-20-2011, 02:28 PM

Here is my post in early april....So yes I knew he would be ok cause he has proven in the past to be a legit mlb hitter..

JamStone
04-20-2011, 03:48 PM
Fair enough. So then I'd have to ask is a .250 to .265 BA ok with you as long as he hits 25 HR and drives in around 90 RBI for that salary? Because that's also what he's proven to be unless it's a contract season.

yavozerb
04-20-2011, 04:29 PM
Anything less than .250 I would be disappointed with Beltre and since he hits in the heart of the lineup 25+ hr is great (would be happy with 20+) and 100 rbi's is a must...

monosylab1k
04-20-2011, 04:41 PM
Anything less than .250

:lmao are you fucking kidding me? By those standards, Ken Griffey Jr's tenure in Cinncinatti was a resounding success.

yavozerb
04-20-2011, 10:19 PM
:lmao are you fucking kidding me? By those standards, Ken Griffey Jr's tenure in Cinncinatti was a resounding success.

Since you know Beltre so well you could know his lifetime BA is .275, so setting the bar down at .250 with the hr power and his rbi count up I would take it...

monosylab1k
04-20-2011, 10:55 PM
Since you know Beltre so well you could know his lifetime BA is .275

And since you know so little about baseball economics, I'll forgive you for being igorant to the fact that giving a guy with the career hitting ability of Beltre a contract like that is outrageous.

so setting the bar down at .250

fuck that. he's not getting paid to be a .250 hitter. un-fucking-acceptable. get the fuck outta here with that weak shit.

Kyle Orton
04-20-2011, 11:42 PM
Batting average also gives Beltre way too much credit. As Jamstone said, he never gets walks. Ever. It's one thing when Jason Giambi bats .250 but has a .420 OBP, Beltre's .250 is a different story. That def. contributed to Boston letting him go, they want a lineup full of guys who work the count and will draw at least 4-5 pitches on most of their plate appearances, Beltre didn't fit that mold at all. Beltre is an example of why batting average is a terrible indication of overall batting ability.

monosylab1k
05-06-2011, 02:13 AM
Hey! :madrun

Why hasn't this thread been bumped lately? Isn't Beltre the MVP of the Rangers and shit?

.................................................. oh yeah, he hasn't homered in 10 games and his BA and OBP are for shit :lmao faggot ass yavozerb.

Axe Murderer
05-06-2011, 02:35 AM
http://img.timeinc.net/time/daily/2009/0905/nfl_size_0522.jpg

http://www.clker.com/cliparts/5/b/9/8/1194984513646717809chat_icon_01.svg.med.png

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_college/files/2010/08/steve-spurrier-south-carolina-gamecocks.jpg

http://www.thatone08.com/thatone2.jpg

yavozerb
05-06-2011, 06:35 AM

Why hasn't this thread been bumped lately? Isn't Beltre the MVP of the Rangers and shit?

.................................................. oh yeah, he hasn't homered in 10 games and his BA and OBP are for shit :lmao faggot ass yavozerb.

Have you looked at the entire rangers lineup lately? Its pretty hard for an entire team to go into a slump (and yes that includes beltre) but they are..Beltre has the 4th most rbi's in mlb and has only k'd 12 times you dumb ass, but keep focusing on things like obp to try and make your arguement...:rolleyes

Kyle Orton
05-22-2011, 02:41 PM
:lol .246 batting average in May
:lol .431 SLG% in May
:lol "They expected a .250 hitter when they signed him :cry"

monosylab1k
05-22-2011, 03:13 PM

:lmao but he'll hit a grand slam tomorrow and magically be worth the money again.

Kyle Orton
05-22-2011, 03:25 PM
:cry if you only count the at bats when he hits a grand slam :cry he's worth the money :cry

yavozerb
05-23-2011, 06:41 PM

:lmao but he'll hit a grand slam tomorrow and magically be worth the money again.

.260, 10 hr's, 37 rbi's....:toast

Kyle Orton
05-23-2011, 07:05 PM
:lmao saying that like it's good
.260 ecstasy :cry

yavozerb
05-23-2011, 07:18 PM
:lmao saying that like it's good
.260 ecstasy :cry

Guess you havn't looked at 3b around the league have you, lets see how Beltre ranks among other 3b in MLB:

8th in hits
5th in runs
2nd in hr's
1st in rbi's
* forgot to mention best defensive 3b in baseball

:lol, move along please to something you actually have some knowledge about.

Kyle Orton
05-25-2011, 04:12 PM
Why wasn't batting average or slugging % mentioned?

monosylab1k
05-25-2011, 05:04 PM
why waste time listing things that kill your argument?

:lmao

bragging about 8th in hits like that means shit.

also somebody forgot to mention where Beltre ranks in 3B salary.

LnGrrrR
05-25-2011, 05:05 PM
Why wasn't batting average or slugging % mentioned?

Here are his stats, FWIW. (Also, including the player directly above and below him in each category for comparison.)

64 in MLB in total hits (Colby Rasmus 65, tied with Neil Walker and Lance Berkman for 64th)
34th in AL in total hits (Arod and 4 others at 29, Quentin/Pedroia at 25)

13th in MLB in HR's (tied with 5, Konerko/Ortiz/Assface Cabrera/Ryan Howard)
5th in MLB in HRs (tied with 4 others, Carlos Quenin at 4, A-Rod and a few others behind him)

3rd in MLB in RBI's (Prince Fielder 2, Konerko/Hunter Pence/Ryan Braun tied at 4)
2nd in AL in RBIs (A-Gon at 1, woot woot, Konerko/Granderson at 3)

55th in the AL in hitting percentage (Texeria at 54, Kurt Suzuki at 56)
101st in MLB in hitting percentage (Ronny Cedeno 100, BJ Upton 102)

23rd in AL in slugging percentage (Alex Gordon at 22, Kubel at 24)
42nd in MLB in slugging percentage (Hunter Pence 41, Jason Kubel 43)

35th in AL in OPS (Vlad Guerrero 34, Alexei Ramirez 36)
69th in MLB in OPS (Vlad Guerrero 68, Alexei Ramirez 70)

LnGrrrR
05-25-2011, 05:05 PM
Oh, another interesting thing... Boston has three hitters in the Top 10 in OPS. A-Gon at 5, Youk at 6, and Ortiz at 9.

Kyle Orton
05-25-2011, 05:07 PM
:lol 4th in salary among 3rd basemen being in the 1st year of a longterm deal with an increasing salary

monosylab1k
05-25-2011, 05:23 PM
:lol 4th in salary among 3rd basemen being in the 1st year of a longterm deal with an increasing salary

And just barely 4th. There's basically a 3 way tie for 2nd.

But he's 8th in hits among all 3B!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! worth the money

monosylab1k
05-25-2011, 05:24 PM
Oh, another interesting thing... Boston has three hitters in the Top 10 in OPS. A-Gon at 5, Youk at 6, and Ortiz at 9.

meaningless. that doesn't get you wins, as evidenced by the Rangers record versus Boston's....................whoops.

jjktkk
05-27-2011, 02:25 AM
meaningless. that doesn't get you wins, as evidenced by the Rangers record versus Boston's....................whoops.

What were you expecting the Ranger's record to be when Hamilton, Cruz, and Feliz have all missed time due to injury?

monosylab1k
05-27-2011, 09:24 AM
What were you expecting the Ranger's record to be when Hamilton, Cruz, and Feliz have all missed time due to injury?

Certainly still better than a team that started the season 0-6 and was still below .500 just 11 fuckin days ago.

jjktkk
05-27-2011, 01:52 PM
Certainly still better than a team that started the season 0-6 and was still below .500 just 11 fuckin days ago.

Its a long season. Plus Texas is right at the top of the AL West.

Adrian Beltre
05-30-2011, 06:28 PM
yeah, thank god everyone's injured. Now i can hide like a little bitch and make excuses wile enjoying my new contract!

Spursfan092120
05-30-2011, 06:52 PM
yeah, thank god everyone's injured. Now i can hide like a little bitch and make excuses wile enjoying my new contract!

Nice RBI and run scored
:tu

Adrian Beltre
05-31-2011, 01:12 AM
thanks brah :tu

i felt like i ought to do something every once in awhile since I'm getting paid out my ass

jjktkk
05-31-2011, 03:10 PM

Very similar to creating a new trool tbh.

Phillip
07-07-2011, 10:30 AM
not on any side in this debate, but it is nice to see beltre has really been picking it up lately. his average has been climbing steadily for close to 2 months now, so hopefully he doesnt let up. if he keeps it up, he should definitely be able to have comparable production to last season

yavozerb
07-11-2011, 08:20 AM
:toast, 19 hr, 71 rbi, .273 BA, 56 runs, 98 hits, 24 doubles, .499 slugging...Great 1st half Adrian, keep it rolling into october.

MaNu4Tres
07-11-2011, 09:24 AM
Kinsler is slowly coming along as well. Hopefully they make a move to solidify their bullpen.

Phillip
07-11-2011, 09:49 AM
Kinsler has been doing a GREAT job this season with his patience at bat. he had drawn more than twice as many walks as anyone on the Rangers, and is leading the team in OBP, a much better indicator of plate success than his mediocre looking BA.

Axe Murderer
07-11-2011, 10:48 AM

been very surprised with Beltre. turns out he's not the contract cuckold we all thought he'd be

yavozerb
09-22-2011, 03:46 PM

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Monostradamus
09-22-2011, 04:32 PM
:lol still below his contract year in nearly every category. Also we all know what everyone wants from a high priced free agent - 120 games. Nothing says "i'm dedicated" like halfassing your rehab and having a nagging injury all year.

Still stand by everything i said. The Rangers will regret giving Beltre this contractPERIOD

stretch
09-22-2011, 04:45 PM
not a good contract by any means, but his value on the team is as high as anyones. his defense and hitting has been amazing, especially considering how on fire he was before the injury, was out for over a month, and comes back without skipping a beat, in fact is hitting even better than he was prior.

on offense, his addition may be the difference maker if the Rangers were to go all the way.

as for the pitching staff, everything rests on Holland and Colby's shoulders. I think the bullpen is fine, while CJ and Harrison both have been the most consistent starting pitchers, and rarely fuck games up.

stretch
09-22-2011, 04:46 PM
i say if they win a world series with him being a major part of the teams success, the contract is worth every penny.

Axe Murderer
09-22-2011, 07:02 PM
"Shhhhhhhhhhh"

-Adrian Beltre, Oakland coliseum, 9/20/11

yavozerb
09-22-2011, 07:20 PM
:lol still below his contract year in nearly every category. Also we all know what everyone wants from a high priced free agent - 120 games. Nothing says "i'm dedicated" like halfassing your rehab and having a nagging injury all year.

Still stand by everything i said. The Rangers will regret giving Beltre this contractPERIOD

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao, ya, they should have gone after Crawford or Werth. Horrible signing by the Rangers. IDIOT

Spursfan092120
09-22-2011, 10:11 PM
"Shhhhhhhhhhh"

-Adrian Beltre, Oakland coliseum, 9/20/11

:lol

Texas Chili Dog
09-22-2011, 10:19 PM
Beltre would be more likely to shout "oh shit!" :lol

Monostradamus
09-22-2011, 10:21 PM
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao, ya, they should have gone after Crawford or Werth. Horrible signing by the Rangers. IDIOT

regretPERIOD

Spursfan092120
09-22-2011, 10:24 PM
Beltre would be more likely to shout "oh shit!" :lol

1O8L-X26ado

Monostradamus
09-22-2011, 10:25 PM
as for the pitching staff, everything rests on Holland and Colby's shoulders. I think the bullpen is fine, while CJ and Harrison both have been the most consistent starting pitchers, and rarely fuck games up.

Harrison hasn't pitched in the playoffs yet, we all know what happened the last time Holland had to pitch in the playoffs, Ogando's arm is about to fall off, Colby is giving up home runs like they're Halloween candy, and CJ has been solid.

But no, overspending for Cliff Lee was just a stupid idea. What we really needed was to overpay a 3rd baseman who would only give us 3/4 of a season.

Texas Chili Dog
09-22-2011, 10:42 PM

1O8L-X26ado

You could also see Beltre mouth "oh shit" (at the very end of the video) when he hit that HR off Felix Hernandez. :lol

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=19380707&topic_id=&c_id=mlb&tcid=vpp_copy_19380707&v=3

Axe Murderer
09-22-2011, 10:57 PM
^ I think that was more him just screwing around with Felix since they're both friends. You could see him joking with him as he was running the bases (although Felix didn't look happy)

I remember last season an ump ejected Beltre when he was jawing with Hernandez in the dugout in between innings, not knowing that they were joking

stretch
09-23-2011, 12:06 AM
But no, overspending for Cliff Lee was just a stupid idea. What we really needed was to overpay a 3rd baseman who would only give us 3/4 of a season.

Rangers reportedly offered more than the Phillies. Yankees MOST CERTAINLY offered more than the Phillies. Obviously money wasnt the reason for Lee's desicion.

yavozerb
09-24-2011, 07:27 AM

regretPERIOD

:lmao:lmao, one of the dumbest posters on ST, period....