PDA

View Full Version : Lakers punked by Grizz at home...

TwoHandJam
01-02-2011, 11:50 PM
Are they imploding yet?

Discuss.

:hat

spurs1990
01-02-2011, 11:51 PM
Pretty soon they'll be talking about who can dethrone the Spurs in the West.

Cant_Be_Faded
01-02-2011, 11:52 PM
I think timvp said it best when he (paraphrasing) said Lakers are worth their weight in mung.

TDMVPDPOY
01-03-2011, 12:02 AM
when is kobe going to demand a trade...he always does once or twice a season since becoming the robyn

BanditHiro
01-03-2011, 12:02 AM
I think timvp said it best when he (paraphrasing) said Lakers are worth their weight in mung.

isn't he Lakaluva though?

Cant_Be_Faded
01-03-2011, 12:08 AM
isn't he Lakaluva though?

naturally

but the facts stand

TE
01-03-2011, 12:16 AM
Nah, they aren't, just going through a bad stretch. They have the same core of guys which are a year older and more exhausted.

peskypesky
01-03-2011, 12:19 AM
they're going to have to make a big trade. they're in trouble.

spurs1990
01-03-2011, 12:20 AM
Just hope they don't slump to the 4th or 5th seed.

Don't want to have to play these slugs in the 2nd round (assuming they make it that far). Would prefer to wipe them out in the Conference Finals. Payback for 2008.

peskypesky
01-03-2011, 12:22 AM
Just hope they don't slump to the 4th or 5th seed.

Don't want to have to play these slugs in the 2nd round (assuming they make it that far). Would prefer to wipe them out in the Conference Finals. Payback for 2008.

i don't care when we play them. i just want to sit back and enjoy the carnage!
:flag:

mazerrackham
01-03-2011, 12:37 AM
take the lakers seriously. They don't care about the regular season. They're in a terribly weak division they should easily win and they don't need the hot start. All the lakers care about is having their affairs in order by april.

+1

ShoogarBear
01-03-2011, 12:39 AM
I'd be interested in seeing a serious analysis of what's going on there by knowledgeable Laker Fan.

Little hope of that, though. Maybe DJ or Killakobe will wander up here.

mazerrackham
01-03-2011, 12:43 AM
I'd be interested in seeing a serious analysis of what's going on there by knowledgeable Laker Fan.

I have a knowledgeable Laker fan friend that I text whenever we're playing each other. Maybe I can find out lol

spurs1990
01-03-2011, 12:46 AM
Take the Lakers seriously. They don't care about the regular season. They're in a terribly weak division they should easily win and they don't need the hot start. All the Lakers care about is having their affairs in order by April.

You'd have to buy into the theory of an on/off switch. That's the only way LA is gonna be the odds-on favorite everybody thought they would be come May.

Take a look at their recent losses. Blown out at home by the Bucks; again by the Heat after having a long rest; Spurs rolled them with Duncan/Ginobili having a bad game; utterly destroyed by the Grizz who played the previous night.

It can't just be effort. Other teams have improved to the point that they can beat LA now. Why would May be different assuming everyone is healthy and no trades are made. I'm not saying they'll be a pushover in a seven game series, but the fear is out the door. This Spurs team can knock them off.

ShoogarBear
01-03-2011, 12:58 AM
I personally don't understand the talks of the Lakers not playing great. They aren't playing well, and if the playlets started tomorrow they wouldn't be ready, but Bynum just got back, that changes a lot. The Lakers are still 23-11, that is a good record. If the Lakers were around the .500 mark then I could see cause for concern in lala land, but right now it is more about the lakers having a lack of interest.

Anyone remember the celtics last season? They looked completely done, but once the playoffs started they went into championship mode and made it to game 7 of the finals.

It'd be one thing for them to just be losing some games they shouldn't be. But they are getting annihilated by third-tier teams.

For the record, I'm not worried about them. Phil's teams have always been the exception to the flip-the-switch rule. Chances are they'll be right in there in the end. But on the other hand, you know everyone has to get old some time.

barbacoataco
01-03-2011, 01:02 AM
I personally don't understand the talks of the Lakers not playing great. They aren't playing well, and if the playlets started tomorrow they wouldn't be ready, but Bynum just got back, that changes a lot. The Lakers are still 23-11, that is a good record. If the Lakers were around the .500 mark then I could see cause for concern in lala land, but right now it is more about the lakers having a lack of interest.

Anyone remember the celtics last season? They looked completely done, but once the playoffs started they went into championship mode and made it to game 7 of the finals.

Agree. The Lakers were never unbeatable to begin with. They coasted to the Finals fairly easily last year and got lucky to beat the Celtics after Perkins went out, even though they had home court advantage. The Lakers are still one of the threats to win a championship this year with their current team. If Kobe is slipping, that makes them less invincible. But the bottome line is they have more or less the same team that has won the last two years, so let's wait till March to see how they're playing. They might make a trade, but I doing to see them going radical amd making a major move. They should replace Blake, but since I'm a Spurs fan I hope they keep him because he sucks.

ShoogarBear
01-03-2011, 01:14 AM
Kobe and Phil might be the only people who could make Melo STFU and play second fiddle. But I don't think it would be a cure-all, and I don't see the Lakers panicking like that.

VBM
01-03-2011, 01:15 AM
While the thought of a Bryant/Melo/Gasol 2/3/4 line up is scary, I don't see the Lakera trading Bynum away, or any team wanting an injury prone big man, but Bynum would be the answer.

Bynum and Nene would be a crazy frontline...too bad they wouldn't be healthy enough to ever see the floor at the same time

EricB
01-03-2011, 01:17 AM
Part of the problem? Kobe is playing 1 on 4. Some of the plays he scored on it was him backing down in the lane against 4 Memphis defenders.

I don't want to count them out, but they look HORRIBLE.

EricB
01-03-2011, 01:23 AM
No if the Spurs were 20-12 or 22 and 10 we would still wonder WTF is wrong with them.

ElNono
01-03-2011, 01:28 AM
Artest is hurting them right now. Fish we already knew, but Ron Ron makes it two starters not really doing much. That allows teams to crowd Kobe and Gasol.
Odom is not playing well either, and the rest of the bench has been garbage. Even Brown who was shooting lights out early in the season can't make a shot.

Kobe trying to be the man when everyone else is sucking doesn't help either.

TDMVPDPOY
01-03-2011, 01:30 AM
we just destroyed their swagger

EricB
01-03-2011, 01:32 AM
Artest is hurting them right now. Fish we already knew, but Ron Ron makes it two starters not really doing much. That allows teams to crowd Kobe and Gasol.
Odom is not playing well either, and the rest of the bench has been garbage. Even Brown who was shooting lights out early in the season can't make a shot.

Kobe trying to be the man when everyone else is sucking doesn't help either.

Yeah Shannon Brown was what, 1 of 6 1 of 7?

Artest I didn't see him at ALL in the 4th.

Unreal. Its like they all rapidly aged over the summer...

ShoogarBear
01-03-2011, 01:33 AM
Who knew Jordan Farmar was the key all along?

itzsoweezee
01-03-2011, 01:33 AM
Take the Lakers seriously. They don't care about the regular season. They're in a terribly weak division they should easily win and they don't need the hot start. All the Lakers care about is having their affairs in order by April.

This isn't just the Lakers coasting. They're simply not capable of beating athletic, fast teams. Run on these losers and they fold. Teams don't get younger as the season goes along. The Lakers are old and slow.

EricB
01-03-2011, 01:38 AM
Who knew Jordan Farmar was the key all along?

I disagree, DJ Mbenga....

jjktkk
01-03-2011, 01:38 AM

This thread belongs in the NBA forum. Not as much fun here.

ajballer4
01-03-2011, 01:41 AM
Down to 4th in the West now. As much as I hate them, they need to stay 3

UnWantedTheory
01-03-2011, 01:41 AM
I also think that because the Spurs are off to a crazy start and the Lakers playing poorly is magnified just as much as when they play well, it is easy for Spurs fans to be able to kick the Lakers while they're down.
I agree. Some of these comments have been said of the Spurs numerous times over the years. They are the 2 time defending champs & we should never count them out. I think we can take them, but they are still who they have been...a championship caliber team. Despite the struggles, their record is pretty good.

ShoogarBear
01-03-2011, 01:42 AM
This thread belongs in the NBA forum. Not as much fun here.

serious analysis

UnWantedTheory
01-03-2011, 01:43 AM
I disagree, DJ Mbenga....
Adam Morrison might have something to say about this.

Cane
01-03-2011, 01:46 AM
I think its been a combination of being disinterested in regular season games and their health and fatigue levels.

I have to wonder how Kobe's legs will hold up during the course of the season since he had surgery in the offseason and already has a ton of miles. Mentally he seems to be frustrated as hell with the amount of technicals he's been picking up, plus he's called out his team and his own efforts. In arguably Kobe's past 3 big games he's had pretty shitty shooting performances: Game 7 Finals, X-Mas Game vs Heat, and @ Spurs (remember Kobe was pissed after getting embarrassed by the Heat, he called out his team, had an intense practice, and this game was circled on their calendar since its a potentially key match-up in the PO's) which might be a little concerning for Laker fans.

The season is still young but the Lakers need to start capitalizing on their easy schedule or it'll bite them in their ass kinda like it did to the Spurs last season. They're also going to have to manage their minutes wisely so that they have the legs to still switch to high gear when they have to.

Rather.Unique
01-03-2011, 01:52 AM
a few people already made good points. the lakers are no longer athletic and they obviously lack speed which explains a lot given how they are playing. if they control the pace of the game they win easily. people forget that the lakers are one of the oldest teams in the NBA.

UnWantedTheory
01-03-2011, 01:54 AM
^^^People also forget they are the 2 time defending champs.

Rather.Unique
01-03-2011, 01:59 AM
well, that obviously doesn't mean much if you can't keep 22 year olds from turning the game into a highlight real.

Darkwaters
01-03-2011, 02:03 AM
I agree. Some of these comments have been said of the Spurs numerous times over the years. They are the 2 time defending champs & we should never count them out. I think we can take them, but they are still who they have been...a championship caliber team. Despite the struggles, their record is pretty good.

Not really. Their record against teams with winning records is pitiful (last I checked it was 2-5). The only reason their overall record is so acceptable is because they've played the biggest cupcake schedule in the league.

BanditHiro
01-03-2011, 02:04 AM
Adam Morrison might have something to say about this.

what about the machine sasha vujiac...i heard his been dropping 20 points per over there in new jersey...not to mention he has been the only person to ever stop Ginobili

Darkwaters
01-03-2011, 02:05 AM
This isn't just the Lakers coasting. They're simply not capable of beating athletic, fast teams. Run on these losers and they fold. Teams don't get younger as the season goes along. The Lakers are old and slow.

Funny how roles have a way of flipping.

Now we're the young, athletic team that runs.

The Lakers are the old and slow team.

EricB
01-03-2011, 02:07 AM
I had totally forgotten tonight when watching that they had acquired Joe Smith and there he was.

You've got to wonder though if all the minutes and age have caught up with guys like Fisher, Artest, Bryant. Theres TONS of miles on those legs...

jjktkk
01-03-2011, 02:26 AM
I don't know if Bryant is completely recovered from his knee surgery, or he is starting to show his age, but from watching him in a few games, he doesn't have that explosive lift in his legs.

trollt
01-03-2011, 02:31 AM
^Agreed but replace artest and fish w/ a couple of young perimeter studs like ty lawson & nic Batum and I think Kobe is throwing 'oops, seeing more single coverage, and loving life.

Capt Bringdown
01-03-2011, 02:36 AM

I think this is a pretty apt comment, made by a one "magic_bryant" found on the otter channel:

Playing a smarter, team-oriented game isn't going to win a championship, because this team sorely lacks a secondary player capable of creating positive energy offensively. The team's strength is in the advantages it's bigs have over the rest of the league's, but only under the premise that Kobe is capable of outplaying other team's entire perimeters. He's not capable of doing that anymore.

Kobe can no longer be Scottie and Michael. One or the other. And the team must make the necessary moves to complement the transition.

angelbelow
01-03-2011, 02:43 AM
Its important not to take the Lakers too seriously at this point. They looked even worse last season and that was in APRIL. Basically my point is to not overreact, they as still the champs and when they are clicking they're pretty fucking formidable.

TE
01-03-2011, 02:49 AM
I had totally forgotten tonight when watching that they had acquired Joe Smith and there he was.

You've got to wonder though if all the minutes and age have caught up with guys like Fisher, Artest, Bryant. Theres TONS of miles on those legs...

Tons? That's an understatement.

Baseline
01-03-2011, 03:14 AM
I just think Bryant's schtick is growing old for the other guys. They all hate his guts, as well they should. Bryant does nothing but continually point fingers at them, when his own shooting percentage is under 45% this year, and he's literally shot them out of a few games already. We all know that he shot them out of Game 7 last year, but he got bailed out because he has great supporting players.

Bryant is not capable of dominating games anymore, although he still shoots like he is, and his on-court attitude is still just as scornful and pissy. It's like he's mad at the universe that he's not that good anymore.

Bynum-Gasol-Odom is an insane frontline. So if Bryant can't figure out a way to feed the beasts and take advantage of their skilled bigs and size discrepancy, then he deserves to lose.

When the Lakers lose, it's Bryant's fault. Don't try to tell yourself otherwise.

chazley
01-03-2011, 03:18 AM
The Lakers issues are solely defense on the perimeter and they're not feeding the bigs enough on offense. Bynum/Pau should be averaging 35+ a game for this team, but they aren't.

chazley
01-03-2011, 03:19 AM
I just think Bryant's schtick is growing old for the other guys. They all hate his guts, as well they should. Bryant does nothing but continually point fingers at them, when his own shooting percentage is under 45% this year, and he's literally shot them out of a few games already. We all know that he shot them out of Game 7 last year, but he got bailed out because he has great supporting players.

Bryant is not capable of dominating games anymore, although he still shoots like he is, and his on-court attitude is still just as scornful and pissy. It's like he's mad at the universe that he's not that good anymore.

Bynum-Gasol-Odom is an insane frontline. So if Bryant can't figure out a way to feed the beasts and take advantage of their skilled bigs and size discrepancy, then he deserves to lose.

When the Lakers lose, it's Bryant's fault. Don't try to tell yourself otherwise.

Last 3 paragraphs are golden, thumbs up to this post. I haven't seen any indication that his teammates hate his guts though.

100%duncan
01-03-2011, 03:41 AM
They are in a bad stretch but you could never count out a back to back champion imo

UnWantedTheory
01-03-2011, 03:55 AM
Not really. Their record against teams with winning records is pitiful (last I checked it was 2-5). The only reason their overall record is so acceptable is because they've played the biggest cupcake schedule in the league.
We have been pretty lucky ourselves, that does not negate the fact we are 29-4. I do understand the Lakers "cupcake" schedule, but they are still the Lakers with a decent record, despite the competition. My point is do not underestimate them. They still have talent. We as Spurs fans should truly understand these circumstances, but it seems since we have the best record, some of us do not.

UnWantedTheory
01-03-2011, 03:55 AM
They are in a bad stretch but you could never count out a back to back champion imo

KenziE
01-03-2011, 04:31 AM
why are people over reacting and keep saying " do not UNDERESTIMATE them" ? who the hell said we are underestimating them? and everybody knows they will turn the corner sooner or later and if NOT then too bad for them ....

007nites
01-03-2011, 04:37 AM
Crisis Mode

spurs1990
01-03-2011, 06:13 AM

Great points.

Bryant has been used to uber success since his rookie year. Only time their squad was in the lottery he was probably at his peak - 2005.

Brazil
01-03-2011, 06:52 AM
I think Lakers miss Ariza badly. I really thought this was a bad trade since the beginning, last year Ron Ron played relatively well and helped the lakers to go for a back to back ring but he didn't do anything that Ariza could have been done tbh. This year Artest seems to be washed up and matt barnes is not helpling them a lot meanwhile Ariza is still young and has been bad used by Houston, he is not a go to go guy but in the lakers system he was perfect.

wijayas
01-03-2011, 08:17 AM

:toast We need to respect the defending champion. They've got the heart. They'll get their mojo back and will be a tough cover for our front line.

TheChillFactor
01-03-2011, 08:28 AM
LMFAO @ Phil Jackson:

"We get behind early on in the third quarter on some stupid plays -- poor passing, poor transition defense -- and then Kobe has to screw up the game and start energizing the team by going one-on-one and that takes the rest of the guys out as a consequence," Jackson said. "That didn't bring us back in, but it did give us a little run, we got the game back a little bit but we couldn't sustain it and we just went right back and made the same mistakes again."

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/n ... id=5983633 (http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/columns/story?id=5983633)

ChuckD
01-03-2011, 08:41 AM

P_C - They're making it real hard to do so. It's not like they're dropping these games by 4 or 5 points on the road. They're getting blown out by mediocre teams like MIL and MEM at home in the vicintiy of 20 points. They're not even IN these games.

01-03-2011, 08:48 AM
spurs did this all the time during their championship years.. don't see how this is different for the lakers. they probably have their own version of SPAM.

silverblk mystix
01-03-2011, 09:27 AM
LMFAO @ Phil Jackson:

"We get behind early on in the third quarter on some stupid plays -- poor passing, poor transition defense -- and then Kobe has to screw up the game and start energizing the team by going one-on-one and that takes the rest of the guys out as a consequence," Jackson said. "That didn't bring us back in, but it did give us a little run, we got the game back a little bit but we couldn't sustain it and we just went right back and made the same mistakes again."

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/n ... id=5983633 (http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/columns/story?id=5983633)

:lmao:lmao:lmao

``Re-fund!'' ``Re-fund!"

:lmao:lmao

``Melt-down!'' ``Melt-down!''

:lmao:lmao

boutons_deux
01-03-2011, 09:44 AM
"then Kobe has to screw up the game"

wow.

hater
01-03-2011, 10:11 AM
23-11 is good enough for coasting. No reason to panic. they will turn on the switch soon.

boutons_deux
01-03-2011, 10:30 AM
4th seed now

http://espn.go.com/nba/standings/_/group/2

ChuckD
01-03-2011, 10:36 AM
^Agreed but replace artest and fish w/ a couple of young perimeter studs like ty lawson & nic Batum and I think Kobe is throwing 'oops, seeing more single coverage, and loving life.

Or Ariza and Farmar...oh wait...

ChuckD
01-03-2011, 10:44 AM
spurs did this all the time during their championship years.. don't see how this is different for the lakers. they probably have their own version of SPAM.

Spurs have had bad patches during the years, but never many tightly grouped home blowouts to bad teams. They would drop couple of games to + .500 teams, and then lose a close ONE to a bad team, and then snap out of it for 2-3 weeks. Pop, being an active manager, won't let that happen. Phil, on the other hand, prefers to let them play out of it, but I don't think he knows what he has, or no longer has, this year.

Mel_13
01-03-2011, 10:45 AM
4th seed now

http://espn.go.com/nba/standings/_/group/2

With an 8-game lead on Phoenix, they really can't fall any lower.

I'll believe that the Lakers are done when they're eliminated in the playoffs. Spurs fans should know better.

MateoNeygro
01-03-2011, 10:50 AM
We'll be able to tell just how "worried" the Lakers org. is around trade deadline. I figure if they make a substantial move-then obviously they are/were worried but if they stand fast it's safe to assume they are just coasting. I don't however believe in the notion that Kobe and the Lakers don't care about the reg. season because players such as Kobe are fiercely and notoriously competitive. They don't like to lose no matter what month it is etc. Kobe would destroy a kids AAU team if they challenged him Lol.

greyforest
01-03-2011, 10:52 AM
"I love the San Antonio Spurs, by the way, if you're betting on the NBA this year, I think they'll win it all." - Larry King

so did larry king actually say this or was this just from the simpsons?

Old School 44
01-03-2011, 11:11 AM
LMFAO @ Phil Jackson:

After the Jackson lashing, I wouldn't be surprised if Kobe's next game he has this kind of line.

0/0 attempts/points
15 assists
10 rebounds
4 steals

Slomo
01-03-2011, 11:29 AM
I also think that because the Spurs are off to a crazy start and the Lakers playing poorly is magnified just as much as when they play well, it is enjoyable for Spurs fans to be able to kick the Lakers while they're down.

Who knew Vujacic was the key all along?

:p:

ALVAREZ6
01-03-2011, 11:41 AM
After the Jackson lashing, I wouldn't be surprised if Kobe's next game he has this kind of line.

0/0 attempts/points
15 assists
10 rebounds
4 steals
I would, Kobe is way too stubborn.

Cessation
01-03-2011, 12:05 PM
This isn't last years Laker team. They had a good run, but it's going to end sometime.

Spurs Brazil
01-03-2011, 02:00 PM
LMFAO @ Phil Jackson:

Video: http://www.nba.com/lakers/video/2011/01/03/010211JacksonPostgame-1512181/index.html

iminol
01-03-2011, 02:45 PM
(Michel de Nostredame's predictions) 'We feel you [Riley] can do a better job coaching the team'

The Truth #6
01-03-2011, 02:57 PM
Obviously, Kobe hasn't really learned how to be a true team player. I think his goals are: try to win another title, but also try to score as many points as possible to be the all time scoring leader. Sounds silly, but I think those are his career goals as a way to be considered the best ever. It isn't going to happen but his pride is so intense that he's going to continue hurting his team. He's made a lot of work on adapting his game - such as working on his fadeaways and post game - but he hasn't really adapted into being more of a facilitator. All his work is for himself.

Interesting to see how it plays out. If he allows Gasol to be the star (which is not to say the leader) of the team they could be very dominant but I don't see that happening.

But they still can't be counted out. Even when Phil had crappy teams a few years ago they still were very well prepared for the playoffs.

jjktkk
01-03-2011, 05:02 PM
Obviously, Kobe hasn't really learned how to be a true team player. I think his goals are: try to win another title, but also try to score as many points as possible to be the all time scoring leader. Sounds silly, but I think those are his career goals as a way to be considered the best ever. It isn't going to happen but his pride is so intense that he's going to continue hurting his team. He's made a lot of work on adapting his game - such as working on his fadeaways and post game - but he hasn't really adapted into being more of a facilitator. All his work is for himself.

Interesting to see how it plays out. If he allows Gasol to be the star (which is not to say the leader) of the team they could be very dominant but I don't see that happening.
But they still can't be counted out. Even when Phil had crappy teams a few years ago they still were very well prepared for the playoffs.

This has always been Kobe's Kryptonite.

spurtech09
01-03-2011, 06:10 PM
you can say what you want about the lakers but there still a good team and come play offs im pretty sure the lakers will be ready to go....

said7
01-03-2011, 07:08 PM

0/0 attempts/points
15 assists
10 rebounds
4 steals

And they will probably win. Lol Kobe. He could eclipse Jordan if he wasn't such a nutjob.

TampaDude
01-03-2011, 07:21 PM
^^^People also forget they are the 2 time defending champs.

The only reason they won the title last year can be summed up in 4 words:

Ray Allen
Joey Crawford

Celtics had the Lakers beat, but Ray Ray went suspiciously cold the game after he set an NBA record for 3s...I've heard of reversion to the mean, but that was borderline dumping. Plus, don't even get me started on the 4th quarter of Game 7. Kobe was smiling because he knew Joey C. has that shit on lockdown. Crawford reffed the most critical games, 1, 5, and 7. In Game 7, the Lakers had DOUBLE the FTs of the Celtics, yet only won by 4 points. Do the math.

HankChinaski
01-03-2011, 08:14 PM
The only reason they won the title last year can be summed up in 4 words:

Ray Allen
Joey Crawford

Celtics had the Lakers beat, but Ray Ray went suspiciously cold the game after he set an NBA record for 3s...I've heard of reversion to the mean, but that was borderline dumping. Plus, don't even get me started on the 4th quarter of Game 7. Kobe was smiling because he knew Joey C. has that shit on lockdown. Crawford reffed the most critical games, 1, 5, and 7. In Game 7, the Lakers had DOUBLE the FTs of the Celtics, yet only won by 4 points. Do the math.

Ray Allen couldn't hit crap because of his tired ass legs had no lift in them to finish shots after running all over the place guarding Kobe. I mean Allen did a amazing job covering Kobe. Some of the best defense on the guy was during that series. He just isn't a player that can run and do the same thing on the other end of the court for that many games.

It's one or the other. I'm sure that Rivers and the rest of the staff were more than happy with his defense, if they could only have been able to counter Artest at times they would be your NBA Champs last season.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-03-2011, 08:59 PM
They dont have a strong bench. They have gotten older, slower on the wings and can no longer fast break you to death as in years past. Artest sucks, Fisher is finished, I think LA will look to make a deal soon.

I can see them going after Melo, Nash maybe, Batum, Joe Johnson, Josh Smith......I dont think they are gonna lay down and die, but they struggled to win it last year with home court against an old Bost team who if they had Perkins would have won.

Lakers dont have the foot speed anymore to get it done.

I agree. Fisher is just too slow these days, and Artest has been more of a liability than a help thus far this year. Before any trade though I think we'll see Jax play his young legs a bit more.

That is a very good point, I was thinking the same thing. I don't think the Fakers are done, but they are in need of a shakeup.

Also, don't forget that Kobe's legs have 1200 games on them - he can't carry them as consistently as he once could. I think that truly makes them vulnerable.

21_Blessings
01-03-2011, 10:20 PM
Are they imploding yet?

Discuss.

Yes they're imploding over some meaningless preseason games in December/January :lol

Spurs fan knows deep down that their team has no chance at beating the Lakers in a 7 game series. Of course they would be thinking wishfully about the Lakers imploding. How convenient.

TwoHandJam
01-03-2011, 11:17 PM
I'm scared.

sheriee84
01-03-2011, 11:21 PM
They dont have a strong bench. They have gotten older, slower on the wings and can no longer fast break you to death as in years past. Artest sucks, Fisher is finished, I think LA will look to make a deal soon.

I can see them going after Melo, Nash maybe, Batum, Joe Johnson, Josh Smith......I dont think they are gonna lay down and die, but they struggled to win it last year with home court against an old Bost team who if they had Perkins would have won.

Lakers dont have the foot speed anymore to get it done.

Maybe Stern will arrange it so that they can trade 2 future second round draft picks for all of Boston's starting line up...