PDA

View Full Version : I love this quote

twincam
01-03-2011, 02:35 AM
"You looked over at the bench after they were up 10 or 12 and he was the happiest guy on the bench. A young player like myself, and us as a team, we can learn from that. A guy that's a Hall of Famer, has won championships, has [six] points and contributes to a win by being a great teammate."

- Kevin Durant on Tim Duncan

Cant_Be_Faded
01-03-2011, 02:41 AM
Kevin Durant is the Tim Duncan of limitless-ceiling swingmen. I saw this from the first game he played at UT. He's not showing much improvement from last year stat-wise but the beauty of such a player is that he is younger than Marlo when he ran his first package.

Kevin Durant is the definition of humble and I hope one day when our run is over he fucks over the Heat in the Finals or something the way he almost upset the Lakers last playoffs.

ShoogarBear
01-03-2011, 03:00 AM
Glenn Robinson woulda killed the Spurs on Saturday.

Cant_Be_Faded
01-03-2011, 03:01 AM
Glenn Robinson woulda killed the Spurs on Saturday.

:lol you still don't convince me you were joking

plus jokes on you I always liked Bigg Dawgg and was pissed he did not get more PT every step of the way in the black-n-silver

chazley
01-03-2011, 03:21 AM

plus jokes on you I always liked Bigg Dawgg and was pissed he did not get more PT every step of the way in the black-n-silver

He only took about 3 steps with this team. I just remember him having one really good regular season game where he got my hopes up at the end of the regular season, then he rarely saw PT after that.

DMX7
01-03-2011, 03:26 AM
KD has the right attitude but needs to learn how to play defense.

Cant_Be_Faded
01-03-2011, 03:36 AM
He only took about 3 steps with this team. I just remember him having one really good regular season game where he got my hopes up at the end of the regular season, then he rarely saw PT after that.

Arguable, but I believe Big Dog was an untapped treasure on that championship team. Your side of the argument automatically wins because we fucking WON, with a half-duncan, and all. But Big Dog IMO was going to be a fucking baller those playoffs until he got that technical foul against the Nuggets or Sonics (can't remember which)

But like I said, what the fuck is speculation in a year where we won the title.

I still love Big Dog, in the regular season he balled out for us when Pop deigned to give him PT

100%duncan
01-03-2011, 03:38 AM
great quote I like durant but I can see he hasn't improve yet. He is a humble young man

JustinJDW
01-03-2011, 04:39 AM
KD has the right attitude but needs to learn how to play defense.And develop a post game. If he does those two things, he can become one of the All Time Greats.

smrattler
01-03-2011, 10:28 AM
KD has the right attitude but needs to learn how to play defense.

With that length, wingspan, and athleticism, if he ever focused on becoming the best he could defensively, that would be scary.

FromWayDowntown
01-03-2011, 10:43 AM
But Big Dog IMO was going to be a fucking baller those playoffs until he got that technical foul against the Nuggets or Sonics (can't remember which)

It was in Game 4 of the Seattle series, with that game out of hand. But I'm not sure that was the reason he stopped playing -- he appeared in both of the remaining games of that series, including the very tight Game 6.

The big problem for him in that playoff run was that his mother died during the Western Conference Finals -- before Game 2, I think -- and he didn't play at all in that series because he was away for at least a few days attending her funeral.

01-03-2011, 10:43 AM
sounds like he wants to play with tim duncan. make it happen.

Mel_13
01-03-2011, 10:46 AM
"You looked over at the bench after they were up 10 or 12 and he was the happiest guy on the bench. A young player like myself, and us as a team, we can learn from that. A guy that's a Hall of Famer, has won championships, has [six] points and contributes to a win by being a great teammate."

- Kevin Durant on Tim Duncan

KD gets it.

Drachen
01-03-2011, 11:24 AM

Well the biggest problem that I had with GR is that he took an already taken nickname. Antoine Carr was the OG Big Dawg and that was one tough MFer.

Oh and I agree, I love this quote from KD.

MI21
01-03-2011, 11:53 AM
IIRC, Big Dog came in and sparked the Spurs against Detroit in Game 1 after a very average start. But it wasn't offensively, it was defensively. I think he had 3 or 4 blocks in a quarter.

I'm probably biased because Big Dog is one of my all-time favourite players, for some reason, but he probably could of played a pretty big role for those Spurs off the bench if he had of got the chance to spend a pre-season learning the nuances of the system.

That 2004-2005 team really had everything. I can only imagine how dominant they would have been if Timmy was healthy.

spurs_fan_in_exile
01-03-2011, 12:03 PM
Of course that old bastard was thrilled for the bench players. The better they do the less Tim has to work. Lazy, lazy Duncan.

rmt
01-03-2011, 12:10 PM
IIRC, Big Dog came in and sparked the Spurs against Detroit in Game 1 after a very average start. But it wasn't offensively, it was defensively. I think he had 3 or 4 blocks in a quarter.

I'm probably biased because Big Dog is one of my all-time favourite players, for some reason, but he probably could of played a pretty big role for those Spurs off the bench if he had of got the chance to spend a pre-season learning the nuances of the system.

That 2004-2005 team really had everything. I can only imagine how dominant they would have been if Timmy was healthy.

True. It even had a mid-range game because of Glenn Robinson although Pop didn't use him much. Great defense, passing, 3pt shooting, big front line (Nazr, Rasho, TD) and a Manu playing out of his mind. My favorite team.

Horse
01-03-2011, 01:56 PM
Arguable, but I believe Big Dog was an untapped treasure on that championship team. Your side of the argument automatically wins because we fucking WON, with a half-duncan, and all. But Big Dog IMO was going to be a fucking baller those playoffs until he got that technical foul against the Nuggets or Sonics (can't remember which)

But like I said, what the fuck is speculation in a year where we won the title.

I still love Big Dog, in the regular season he balled out for us when Pop deigned to give him PT
There's only one true Spur BigDog and that's Antione Carr.

ShoogarBear
01-03-2011, 06:26 PM
lol, Robinson has hijacked the Durant thread.

jimo2305
01-04-2011, 05:16 AM
lol big dog still lives on..

but as far as kd goes.. i believe his offense and rebounding is fine.. right where its' gotta be for a swingman.. only thing that'd need more work is the D