PDA

View Full Version : New Evidence of Global Warming!

Wild Cobra
01-03-2011, 10:58 AM
It's snowing in southern California.

boutons_deux
01-03-2011, 11:23 AM
Another credible contradiction of global warming:

The Rev. Pat Robertson sparked controversy in Sunday’s broadcast of his “700 Club” program when he claimed that God created the blizzard currently battering the Northeast “to punish Americans who were planning to drive to do something gay.”

Explaining his theory, Robertson said, “Because of the bad road conditions the Almighty has made, any gay activities that people were planning on doing will have to be postponed by a day or two.” Additionally, he argued, God shut down major airports in the New York area “so that people who were hoping to fly to do something of a gay nature would have to take a train or a bus, so it might be days before the gay thing they were going to do could occur.”

http://www.truthdig.com/report/item/blizzard_a_case_of_god-blocking_robertson_says_20110102/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Truthdig+Truthdig%3A+Drilling +Beneath+the+Headlines

=====

Robertson and WC have the same profound, hard-science, ideologically neutral attachment to reality.

MannyIsGod
01-03-2011, 12:23 PM
It snows in Southern California nearly every year.

baseline bum
01-03-2011, 01:16 PM
It snows in the grapevine every fucking year. Who the fuck would have guessed mountains and mountain passes get snow in the middle of winter?

Wild Cobra
01-04-2011, 09:23 AM
It snows in Southern California nearly every year.
Not in the places it has been.

admiralsnackbar
01-04-2011, 10:07 AM
For somebody who claims to have such a lock on the science debunking the climate change theory, you sure don't demonstrate any grasp of the science supporting it, Cobes. :lol

CuckingFunt
01-04-2011, 12:10 PM
Not in the places it has been.

Which places are those, specifically?

Wild Cobra
01-04-2011, 12:20 PM
Which places are those, specifically?

I heard this on the radio. Too many links on a search, so I didn't find what was said, but it snowed in Los Angeles in places that it hasn't for more than 20 years. Yes, I know they normally get snow about the 2000 ft level, but rarely in the LA basin. Traffic problems were far more than normal, with some roads closed that rarely are.

admiralsnackbar
01-04-2011, 12:58 PM
I heard this on the radio. Too many links on a search, so I didn't find what was said, but it snowed in Los Angeles in places that it hasn't for more than 20 years. Yes, I know they normally get snow about the 2000 ft level, but rarely in the LA basin. Traffic problems were far more than normal, with some roads closed that rarely are.

Too many links? Or not enough links that corroborate some horseshit Rush frothed about that excited you enough to wanna play Rush on ST?

Here's the first link that popped up:

http://www.presstelegram.com/news/ci_17003666

The National Weather Service said snow was falling to elevations as low as 1,500 feet. On Sunday, Santa Clarita got a rare snowfall.Do you really believe the LA/nat'l media would ever stop playing the fiddle for itself if the LA basin got snowed under? They'd treat it like fucking Katrina and you know it, man. :lol

ElNono
01-04-2011, 01:01 PM
I don't necessarily subscribe the Global Warming conundrum, but it never ceases to amaze me the solid confirmation bias gullible people like the OP have.

Bartleby
01-04-2011, 01:51 PM
Nothing to see here--just WC taking something out of context again.

Wild Cobra
01-04-2011, 02:40 PM
Nothing to see here--just WC taking something out of context again.

No, just pointing out a rare event that shouldn't happen if Global warming was still here, and not retreating.

DMX7
01-04-2011, 05:16 PM
The entire concept of Global Warming is completely over Wild Cobra's head. What a Dummy.

MannyIsGod
01-04-2011, 05:32 PM
No, just pointing out a rare event that shouldn't happen if Global warming was still here, and not retreating.

Lol what? Agw theory doesn't say anything of the sort.

Blake
01-04-2011, 05:38 PM

for the period from January 1, 2000, to September 30, 2009, the continental United States set 291,237 record highs and 142,420 record lows, as the country experienced unusually mild winter weather and intense summer heat waves.

http://www2.ucar.edu/news/1036/record-high-temperatures-far-outpace-record-lows-across-us

Global Warming is here!

/reverse Wild Cobra